Favorites so far early on the season for Les Boys!!
1) Markov: allstar potential written all oveer him, this year he takes a next step to becoming a star in the NHL.
2)Souray: Montreal needs size and Scoring and Souray brings both with young age he could still get better.
3) Michael Ryder: He's the first prospect to come out in years ready to take spot on the NHL roster, he's got great shot, grit, and size everything habs need most importantly he goes to net hard.
4)Mike Ribeiro: he's got potential lets see if he can do what he's doing consistently, he'll have to adapt to size problem like Koivu, and play more dominant game.
5) Hainsey: This is his big golden chance to establish himself lot of talent waiting to pan out, exactly what doctor ordered, mix in very well for future plan, we need him to atleast sustain his sixth spot with the team.
6)Theodore: I'm still not satisfied, I want to see him faceoff against Garon, I just don't want to see those softies he gave up last year again, consistency is the name of the game.
7) Jason Ward: he's earned the spot on roster lets see if he can keep up with NHL speed and challenge for top six forwards position, player can't contribute much playing in fourth line, he needs to get more ice time, it will probably come with experiance.
8) Yannick Perrault: Started last year same way lets hope its not another Fluke, dilemma now management has is where do they play him when Koivu arrives, second line job is up for grabs between him and Ribeiro, as he can't play on checking lineup, he's not good enough on forecheck, and gets outplayed on defensicve zone frequently, and we already have our checking line set.
9) Donald Audette: has great start but Ward is knocking on the door any lack of consistency will move him down in the depth chart, he needs to play in top two lines or he can't play he's game.
10) Jan Bulis: doesn't need to put up great offensive numbers as he's establashed himself as two way forward, and with new teams philosophy he's here to stay, is groomed to play checking lineup once Juneau and dackell leave.
You guys can comment on other players as I don't have much to say about other players.
Keep in mind Audette and Perreault really have had only one big game, Ribs has the second line job wrapped up, all Perreault is doing right now is giving Koivu extra time to let his knee heal. When Koivu comes back, Perreault is going to get moved to the wing or dropped to 3rd line duty till he gets traded.