HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > ECHL and other Minor Pro Leagues

ECHL schedule coming out 5/31?

Old
06-10-2011, 07:28 AM
Solution

vCash: 500
I know that WBS could call up somebody not on an AHL contract from any team. I guess the point that I was trying to make was that if players knew that WBS did their call ups mainly from Wheeling, it would help Wheeling sign some guys. Of course since every other team would go wherever as well it would cover more bases. However I do not understand that side of the business very well. So I could be full of it.

I will try to find the article to link it, but I am historically bad about that. Normally, I just reference where I found it on my post and somebody actually pulls it up. I am a hard luck case when it comes to technology. I can not text my wife as she never gets any of my text messages. No reason why. It just magically disappears while going to her phone.

It seems like the goalie thing happens once every couple of years. I remember Calgary a few years back actually starting a guy from the ECHL with a same day signee as the back up a few years back.

Regarding Rine's article another complaint he had was about the Penguins sending Casey Pierro-Zabotel to Cincinnati after the wife Twitter fiasco. He felt that they should have left him in Wheeling. (He was Wheeling's third leading scorer at the time. The first two were up in WBS with one of them sidelined in WBS.) Wheeling was fighting to make the playoffs at the time, and he felt that the Penguins were not interested in helping them make the playoffs. He started his article out by stating that there were no banners since 2003 (I think). It was blamed on the Penguins. He felt that Wheeling would be better off solely associated with Montreal and Hamilton.

I was wondering if Youngstown would be a a good city for the ECHL. I looked on your site about the metro sizes. Youngstown was 90th with 565,773. I know that the Steel Hounds did not survive, but I think that was tied into the travel situation at the time. With teams in Cincinnati, Toledo, et al. I think it would be better.

Solution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 03:32 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solution View Post
I know that WBS could call up somebody not on an AHL contract from any team. I guess the point that I was trying to make was that if players knew that WBS did their call ups mainly from Wheeling, it would help Wheeling sign some guys. Of course since every other team would go wherever as well it would cover more bases. However I do not understand that side of the business very well. So I could be full of it.

I will try to find the article to link it, but I am historically bad about that. Normally, I just reference where I found it on my post and somebody actually pulls it up. I am a hard luck case when it comes to technology. I can not text my wife as she never gets any of my text messages. No reason why. It just magically disappears while going to her phone.

It seems like the goalie thing happens once every couple of years. I remember Calgary a few years back actually starting a guy from the ECHL with a same day signee as the back up a few years back.

Regarding Rine's article another complaint he had was about the Penguins sending Casey Pierro-Zabotel to Cincinnati after the wife Twitter fiasco. He felt that they should have left him in Wheeling. (He was Wheeling's third leading scorer at the time. The first two were up in WBS with one of them sidelined in WBS.) Wheeling was fighting to make the playoffs at the time, and he felt that the Penguins were not interested in helping them make the playoffs. He started his article out by stating that there were no banners since 2003 (I think). It was blamed on the Penguins. He felt that Wheeling would be better off solely associated with Montreal and Hamilton.

I was wondering if Youngstown would be a a good city for the ECHL. I looked on your site about the metro sizes. Youngstown was 90th with 565,773. I know that the Steel Hounds did not survive, but I think that was tied into the travel situation at the time. With teams in Cincinnati, Toledo, et al. I think it would be better.
You kinda have it reversed. WBS would sign more guys and assign them to Wheeling.

It's okay, I wasn't challenging you for it, or didn't believe you about it....I just wanted to see it for myself.

Heck Brodeur played a game in all 3 levels this year in the SAME WEEK once.

I don't think anybody understood that deal. I thought it was a trade by the Predators and Pens to be honest. Not many of the NHL teams care about their minor league affiliates, especially the ECHL.

Yes, it was travel related. I recall hearing at a time or two a few years back that WHEELING almost moved to Youngstown but someone slipped the beans before they were supposed to(someone else might know the situation more than me as I wasnt a big E guy back then. I agree, I think they would be a good fit, I know they have looked to join the E in the past.

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote