HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Kane ready to take the next step

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-09-2011, 05:12 PM
  #1
HockeySensible
NHL Says...
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,335
vCash: 500
Kane ready to take the next step

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blac...take-next-step

Don't really know how to post a link, hopefully it worked!

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:14 PM
  #2
MTP
I Love Shinpads
 
MTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Joliet, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,545
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MTP
Sounds like he's maturing a lot. He's already there mentally, let's hope he can put up the big numbers next year.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:31 PM
  #3
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early
 
Cullksinikers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,073
vCash: 500
He's got room to grow still. He is already a great player, but he could become really special.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:03 PM
  #4
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 9,689
vCash: 500
He's a pro, he knows what he needs to do to improve (he showed that in the summer of 2009).

Truth is, I expect everyone to come back stronger next year, not just Kaner. Great to hear him say the same thing.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:53 PM
  #5
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 21,740
vCash: 1
I think he definitely has the potential to reach the next level, so here's hoping he takes a major step in that direction next season.

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 01:38 AM
  #6
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 22,619
vCash: 500
next step would be better D and 90+ Points

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:11 AM
  #7
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 22,562
vCash: 1948
Always great to read things like this from the top players. Kane can definitely be a 100 PT player in this league.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:26 AM
  #8
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 8,034
vCash: 500
Nice article. Kaner is going to need some help if the Hawks want him to become a 90-100 point player. That likely means finding a 3rd line center, so Sharp can stay on the first line. He's not going to get 90-100 points if they keep rotating guys like Brouwer and Stalberg in to the top line.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:42 AM
  #9
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 22,562
vCash: 1948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Nice article. Kaner is going to need some help if the Hawks want him to become a 90-100 point player. That likely means finding a 3rd line center, so Sharp can stay on the first line. He's not going to get 90-100 points if they keep rotating guys like Brouwer and Stalberg in to the top line.
Agreed, we need a good C though. Reasoner would be the least acceptable quality IMO. Handzus would be better. Better yet would be Cullen who IMO should be available.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:49 AM
  #10
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 22,619
vCash: 500
better options than the overpaid Cullen

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 01:24 PM
  #11
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 3,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Nice article. Kaner is going to need some help if the Hawks want him to become a 90-100 point player. That likely means finding a 3rd line center, so Sharp can stay on the first line. He's not going to get 90-100 points if they keep rotating guys like Brouwer and Stalberg in to the top line.
Spot on. Sharp on the first line benefits both Kane and Sharp, and Toews as well obviously. That line's always had great chemistry and brought out the most in the three of them. That equals more points for all three. Be great to be able to keep them together permanently.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 01:44 PM
  #12
Slvrdwn
Registered User
 
Slvrdwn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 531
vCash: 500
works for me, i had traded gaborik for kane, giving me toews and kane for my keeper league

but seriously its good to hear that he isn't satisfied sitting at a ppg, makes me wonder how high his ceiling really is. i think a lot of people saw this year and really started to underestimate the hawks. as opposed to last years start with turco, cullimore, boyton, etc i'm looking for them to kick things off right out of the gate next year and start turning heads again.

Slvrdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 03:37 PM
  #13
HockeySensible
NHL Says...
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Nice article. Kaner is going to need some help if the Hawks want him to become a 90-100 point player. That likely means finding a 3rd line center, so Sharp can stay on the first line. He's not going to get 90-100 points if they keep rotating guys like Brouwer and Stalberg in to the top line.
?

Kane isn't a dependent player offensively.

He had 88 points in 09-10 playing with guys like Brouwer (majority) on his LW...

The most important thing for Kane is to have a decent centre, who can win faceoffs. Toews is far better then decent.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 07:33 AM
  #14
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 22,619
vCash: 500
he can creat the plays by himself, but it's better to have a Player like Sharp on your line, this will help all of them

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 10:42 AM
  #15
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 8,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
?

Kane isn't a dependent player offensively.

He had 88 points in 09-10 playing with guys like Brouwer (majority) on his LW...

The most important thing for Kane is to have a decent centre, who can win faceoffs. Toews is far better then decent.
Good grief. 2/3 of Kaner's career points are assists - 103 goals and 200 assists. Kane is a playmaker and playmaker's are dependant on others. It's not that hard to figure out.

Nobody said he hasn't done well to this point. He has done great. We're talking about him taking the next step.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 07:57 PM
  #16
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
 
Jeffrey Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Side
Country: United States
Posts: 5,183
vCash: 500
I think it would be very easy for a young guy like Kane, being a 1st overall pick, nearly a career PPG player who scored a SC winning goal to slack off a bit having accomplished quite a bit at a young age. The fact that he's not happy with himself as a player and wants to achieve more is a great thing.

Kane may get a bad rep for the cab incident (which I think is blown a bit out of proportion) and for partying in the public eye, but he's really not a bad guy and I think us Blackhawk fans should be so lucky to see him develop into an even bigger star.

I can't wait to see what he's got in store for us next year... with the right training and preparation, I could see him hitting 90+ points next year.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 08:41 PM
  #17
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 3,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski View Post
I think it would be very easy for a young guy like Kane, being a 1st overall pick, nearly a career PPG player who scored a SC winning goal to slack off a bit having accomplished quite a bit at a young age. The fact that he's not happy with himself as a player and wants to achieve more is a great thing.

Kane may get a bad rep for the cab incident (which I think is blown a bit out of proportion) and for partying in the public eye, but he's really not a bad guy and I think us Blackhawk fans should be so lucky to see him develop into an even bigger star.

I can't wait to see what he's got in store for us next year... with the right training and preparation, I could see him hitting 90+ points next year.
Especially if they can get another center to take Sharp out of that spot and put him on the first line for the whole year. Sharp's great at finding the soft spots in coverage and Kane's great at finding him. If they were together a whole season it'd boost both of their numbers, not to mention that not too shabby guy named Toews in the middle. I'd love to see what that line could do together for a whole season.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 09:03 PM
  #18
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 11,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Especially if they can get another center to take Sharp out of that spot and put him on the first line for the whole year. Sharp's great at finding the soft spots in coverage and Kane's great at finding him. If they were together a whole season it'd boost both of their numbers, not to mention that not too shabby guy named Toews in the middle. I'd love to see what that line could do together for a whole season.
Personally, I'd like to see a PWF on that line for a whole season. If Bickell could step up and play like he did against Gooncouver consistently, I'd like to see him playing LW on that line.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 08:07 AM
  #19
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 22,619
vCash: 500
STK has worked. Go with what works and helps you win

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 09:06 PM
  #20
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.
 
Crazy_Ike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,388
vCash: 500
Stop worrying about permanent lines. Teams need to be able to adapt to their opponent not lock themselves into things. Sharp has been good there but another option on LW is essential. No more Stalberg idiocy please.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 10:36 PM
  #21
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 3,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
Stop worrying about permanent lines. Teams need to be able to adapt to their opponent not lock themselves into things. Sharp has been good there but another option on LW is essential. No more Stalberg idiocy please.
While true, sometimes there are lines that are just that good that you don't break up and there are plenty of examples of that not only throughout history but in modern times as well. That line can be that good. I'm not claiming to stubbornly stay with it if there are glaring needs elsewhere that require the breakup of it, but with this roster and what this roster will be there barring injuries there are plenty of other options on the other three lines you could mix and match to adapt to another team, and in the same breath a line that good could cause another team to have to adapt their lines and you force their hand. You don't get stubborn with it but I just think it's worth giving that line combo a long term look.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 12:52 AM
  #22
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 22,619
vCash: 500
Q will shuffle his lines, but for the most time the same players will be together

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.