HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What is the 2011 1st Overall worth?

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2011, 03:37 PM
the word*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by senators4life View Post
To be honest, that list is impressive. Especially since he got that many points this year on a terrible team. If Karlsson can keep it up and improve on his defense he will just as valuable as Doughty.
Maybe even Bobby Orr.

I'd wait to see what he does next season just to be on the safe side.

Old
06-10-2011, 03:45 PM
bottomofthefoodchain

Quote:
Originally Posted by the word View Post
Again, let's wait and see how Karlsson does next season. I'm willing to wait.
Let's wait and see how RNH does next season, in whatever league he plays..

Old
06-10-2011, 03:47 PM
the word*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
Let's wait and see how RNH does next season, in whatever league he plays..
I'm willing to do that as well.

Old
06-10-2011, 03:55 PM
SirRocko

Just chiming in here, I had no idea Karlsson put up that many points this year, that's awesome for you guys. Also, Pyke, you have some of the most organized and enjoyable to read posts I've seen on HF, kudos to you.

On topic. Based on some of the more intelligent posts I've read here, if the Sabres hypothetically wanted the 1st pick (which I don't believe they would), they would have to trade something like this?

Tyler Ennis (20+29 in 82 gp)
Brayden McNabb
2011 16th pick
2011 3rd Rounder

Or would that be an over-payment or under-payment?

Old
06-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Whats with these Sens fans any thread that has to do with A oiler trade or draft pick they come in trolling our players and Pimping theirs like there is not another one worthy. Thread after Thread biggest case of a inferiority Complex I have ever seen . It is the same posters over and over. Sorry Ottawa some Oil fans think Hall is> Karlsson We also think the first is > Rundblad/Cowen/Spezza one for one. Ever since the OTT/Edm trade proposals there in every Oiler thread defending theirs. Please Sens fans get over it.

Old
06-10-2011, 04:08 PM
big ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
Is RNH even going to be an 80 point centre?
Im sure if you had 1st,he would be 100+ point player

Old
06-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRocko View Post
Just chiming in here, I had no idea Karlsson put up that many points this year, that's awesome for you guys. Also, Pyke, you have some of the most organized and enjoyable to read posts I've seen on HF, kudos to you.

On topic. Based on some of the more intelligent posts I've read here, if the Sabres hypothetically wanted the 1st pick (which I don't believe they would), they would have to trade something like this?

Tyler Ennis (20+29 in 82 gp)
Brayden McNabb
2011 16th pick
2011 3rd Rounder

Or would that be an over-payment or under-payment?
Depending on how high Ennis was rated by the Oilers, they may not need to include some of those pieces. Ennis is a bit of an odd case, in that, there's no doubting his skill - but his size (5'9) makes him somewhat less attractive than he would be if he had the same totals but was 6'3.

Any of the deals would depend on how the player included was valued by the team. I have no doubt the Sabres could land the 1st overall pick without including Myers or Miller - but I don't know that it'd be in their long-term best interests.

Old
06-10-2011, 04:19 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by big ape View Post
9 players had 80+ points this season, health probably could have made it 15.

The 1st CHL'er selected in this draft will be one of the lowest scoring over the past 30 years. Nobody in this draft projects to be a top 15 talent in the NHL.

Old
06-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
It's not you. How many posts have been removed from this thread and why? How about multiple other threads including Sens fans who deemed it necessary to visit the Oiler's board with their 'opinions'. You know exactly what I'm talking about and don't pretend you don't.
My trade proposal was a reactionary one to a poster saying that Ryan Nugent-Hopkins was worth the 6th overall and a 4th rounder at best.
Exactly this is what is the 1st overall worth not what Karlsson has done. Go make a Value of Karlsson Sens fans this thread is so of topic it is a joke.

Old
06-10-2011, 04:30 PM
the word*

Quote:
9 players had 80+ points this season, health probably could have made it 15.

The 1st CHL'er selected in this draft will be one of the lowest scoring over the past 30 years. Nobody in this draft projects to be a top 15 talent in the NHL.
Lowest scoring player selected first overall in the last 30 years? I hate to think of the player you're going to get with the 6th overall pick.

Old
06-10-2011, 04:30 PM
big ape

Quote:
Is RNH even going to be an 80 point centre?

Old
06-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Lowest scoring player selected first overall in the last 30 years? I hate to think of the player you're going to get with the 6th overall pick.
lol aint that the truth. Based on this thread they may as well give up the pick since ever dman and forward is better anyways and prospects never develop into players. Its a wonder with a star at every position how they finished low enough to have that pick

Old
06-10-2011, 05:40 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Quote:
Central Scouting, the International Scouting Service, Bob MacKenzie's scout survey, The Red Line Report, The Hockey News Draft Preview, Future Considerations, and a recent poll of 15 individual scouts who were all unanimous except for one who refused to make a decision, all have Ryan Nugent-Hopkins ranked as the best player in this draft. All of the noted hockey analysts in the world have Ryan Nugent-Hopkins at number one.

vs

A few vocal internet posters who assert there are 3 players in the running.

Who to believe?
Where was Cam Fowler supposed to go according to those guys last season? How about Gormley? How about Ryan Johansen? Those "experts" don't mean crap to NHL GM's. They have there own experts which are called scouts.

Old
06-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Where was Cam Fowler supposed to go according to those guys last season? How about Gormley? How about Ryan Johansen? Those "experts" don't mean crap to NHL GM's. They have there own experts which are called scouts.
Where was Hall and Srgiun ranked last year and drafted. How about Tavares Duchene Hedman ranked in 09 where were they drafted? How about Stamkos Doughty in 08 Or Kane in 07. These experts sure corresponded with the Gm/s pretty much for the top 2 picks for the last decade . It is a different story when it comes to the top 2 picks. Usually allways dead on. Nice try with that.

Old
06-10-2011, 05:53 PM
the word*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Bob MacKenzie's list, which is the best of the bunch IMO, is based on several teams' scouts. It's a 'scout survey'. As posted, another recent poll of 15 individual NHL scouts were unanimous selecting Ryan Nugent-Hopkins except for one who refused to make a decision. Another recent poll of NHL scouts was one sided in favor of Nugent-Hopkins when asking if he or Seguin would be the better center.

Old
06-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilburnsclean View Post
Where was Hall and Srgiun ranked last year and drafted. How about Tavares Duchene Hedman ranked in 09 where were they drafted? How about Stamkos Doughty in 08 Or Kane in 07. These experts sure corresponded with the Gm/s pretty much for the top 2 picks for the last decade . It is a different story when it comes to the top 2 picks. Usually allways dead on. Nice try with that.
Good call, I totally missed that in my "research". I stand corrected, that the "experts" probably know the top 2-3 picks well.

Old
06-10-2011, 06:08 PM
caley

All right, I give up. Thread closed.

Closed Thread