HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston @ Vancouver game 5 series tied 2-2

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2011, 02:45 PM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Just throwing this out there: Canucks are 0-2 when we make a GDT on our board.
Aaaaargh!

Ban the mods !

Old
06-10-2011, 02:47 PM
YzerGuy
Overpaid 4th Liner

Quote:
Having just watched Milbury's 'Thelma and Louise' comment, I have to ask: What's up with Boston's misogyny issues. I mean, God help you if you have a brother playing in the league because you'll forever be known as the 'sisters' to them. I wonder if Brent and Wayne were the Gretzky sisters back in the day...

But seriously, what does 'Thelma and Louise' even mean? They weren't siblings, they weren't known for being weak (which is what Milbury implies), so he's basically just saying the Sedins are women. Wow. That's some scathing criticism there Mike. He may as well have just called them Brooke Shields and Billie Jean King.
For what it's worth I as a Bruin's fan find those kinds of comments very unprofessional. I realize he (and others like Healy) are not journalists but it still makes me cringe to hear that crap come out of their mouths.
In one sentance they will be talking about how players need to respect each other in regards to hits etc and in the next breath they are calling guys childish names.

Old
06-10-2011, 02:47 PM
WeThreeKings
Sept 19th

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
RIP the integrity of hockey.

Congratulations Boston.

Old
06-10-2011, 03:05 PM
habsrule22

They were in each first period, they need to get off to a good start, score the first goal and they will relax a bit. On a side note - Erhoff and Bieksa were both pencilled in for 5.5 to 6m paydays two weeks a go. They don t look like that now.

Old
06-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Ketzlaf

Go Boston. Vancouver almost made me lose faith in hockey. The Panthers play with more conviction...in the preseason.

Old
06-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Habs 1909

Hate to say it, but the Canucks are severely bruised and battered at this point. Not sure they have enough gas like they did in previous series, hope I'm wrong.

Old
06-10-2011, 04:01 PM
tinyzombies

Nucks have to get back to tight D and strong forecheck and use their speed. Stop engaging the Bruins physically and play hockey. The lesson we didn't learn until it was too late. They have to tilt the ice again. The loss of Horton will catch up to them if the Nucks clamp down on D.

Old
06-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Boston made their 2 wins look dam easy without their best forward in these playoffs, while the best team in the league barely won their 2 games at home
Horton has scored a lot of clutch goals, but some of them were really lucky. DK has been their best forward as far as I'm concerned.

Old
06-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr San Diego Hab View Post
This series is going 7 games.

Vancouver wins tonight 3-1.

As with others on this board, the thought of Boston winning the cup makes me a bit sick. The only guy on the B’s I am OK with is Thomas (American boy who has worked his *ss off to get the chance at a cup).
Same.

In the past I never really hated the bruins. I didn't like them. I was mad as hell when McClaren (sp?) cheap shotted Zednik, and I never really liked them. But after everything that's happened this season, I despise that team with a passion... God I hate them. If Vancouver loses... I'll hate them more for allowing the bruins to win it all.

Old
06-10-2011, 04:40 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Same.

In the past I never really hated the bruins. I didn't like them. I was mad as hell when McClaren (sp?) cheap shotted Zednik, and I never really liked them. But after everything that's happened this season, I despise that team with a passion... God I hate them. If Vancouver loses... I'll hate them more for allowing the bruins to win it all.
quite the opposite for me, after this season they became irrelevant...

havent watched a single game involving the B, I rather watch a Darts tournament!

Old
06-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Same.

Yeah I wish both teams could lose. I think this year its because the Bruins adopted a similar attitude as some of their fans where they are the victims of all this garbage and they are taking care of it, everyone else dives yada yada yada. The worst is watching pansies like Krejci and marchand skate around like they are 6'5 because they know they wont have to answer for anything or god forbid Krejci challenge someone and get his ass handed to him and then it's Pouliot thinking he is a tough guy picking on poooooooor krejci.

Old
06-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Etienne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
Yeah I wish both teams could lose. I think this year its because the Bruins adopted a similar attitude as some of their fans where they are the victims of all this garbage and they are taking care of it, everyone else dives yada yada yada. The worst is watching pansies like Krejci and marchand skate around like they are 6'5 because they know they wont have to answer for anything or god forbid Krejci challenge someone and get his ass handed to him and then it's Pouliot thinking he is a tough guy picking on poooooooor krejci.
Or Julien, Krecji and Marchand whining like little *****es about cheapshots when they played (and lost to) the Habs. Kesler and the Sedins get slashed and/or cross-checked in the lower back every time they're within 10 feet of Thomas. I didn't think it was possible but this season Claude Julien has been whining even more than Boudreau.

I'm not counting the Canucks out just yet. They're back home in front of their fans and will feed on that. There's no denying that tonight is Luongo's biggest game in his life. If he chokes, he'll never get rid of that label. As for game 6, all they have to do is score first and silence the crowd. Bruins aren't good in Boston when they're trailing behind in a game. Their crowd gets impatient when they're on the PP and Bruins can't handle it.

Old
06-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Spectaculard
Trout125HR363RBI442R

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
I can see the Canucks win two more home games. I still have faith in them.

Old
06-10-2011, 05:36 PM
yohan1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
I will not agree with both of you guys until the Stanley Cup is lifted. For sure, it seems like every bounce is going Boston's way, whether it is in game or by the league. But to say that the good guys never win is such a fallacy. I still have faith in watching the Boston Bruins with one knee on the ground and their heads facing downwards. Keep the faith guys!!
Not quite sure where you get this, but games 1 and 2 it was vancouver getting the bounces. either one of those games boston was right in it, capable of winning in the end unlike the 2 games in boston. this series could very well be over if it werent for a couple brain farts by boston in games 1 and 2. If there is another nailbiter tonight i can see boston pulling it out with a bounce, they are due one against the canucks..

Old
06-10-2011, 05:40 PM
yohan1212

Quote:
Having just watched Milbury's 'Thelma and Louise' comment, I have to ask: What's up with Boston's misogyny issues. I mean, God help you if you have a brother playing in the league because you'll forever be known as the 'sisters' to them. I wonder if Brent and Wayne were the Gretzky sisters back in the day...

But seriously, what does 'Thelma and Louise' even mean? They weren't siblings, they weren't known for being weak (which is what Milbury implies), so he's basically just saying the Sedins are women. Wow. That's some scathing criticism there Mike. He may as well have just called them Brooke Shields and Billie Jean King.
Mike Milbury is on his own planet. Not really sure what he is thinking sometimes. He called out Lucic this year for playing too "lady bing" like.

Old
06-10-2011, 05:53 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Boston is too strong now and Luongo is cementing himself as a choker once more.
The emotional lift that the Horton injury and his presence is making the Bruins extra motivated to not only win the cup, but to win it for Horton.
Thomas has figured out how to play under pressure and you won't see any more leaky goals from him, it's stud vezina calibre goaltending from here on out.
Kesler and the Sedins have been neutralized, their desire to win has been sucked out of them.

Boston blows out the next two games, wins the cup at home and Neely rejoices.
I was thinking the same thing. I find myself pulling for Boston to be honest. I like Michael Ryder and I like Tim Thomas. I've always hated the Bruins, but I do respect what they're doing right now. I honestly didn't think they stood a chance versus Vancouver. Vancouver squeaked out two wins and are lucky they aren't down in this series 3-1 or worse.

Let's have another Stanley Cup for the Eastern Conference. Just sick of all the hype about Western teams being stronger. I can't get excited for Vancouver as I'm in Ontario and they're at the other side of the country. I don't hate them, but I don't have any interest. Seeing Boston win the cup means Montreal isn't far off. Montreal was the toughest test for Bruins these playoffs.

Carey Price was right when he said "We beat any other team we would've played except for Boston". Tampa would have been a test, for sure, but Habs would've outworked them. Habs were 2-0 vs Nucks as well.

Old
06-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Alanhj

Quote:

You honestly listen to Mike Milbury? Here's some reading from "McCown's Law: The 100 Greatest Hockey Arguments" on Mad Mike Milbury.

Here's how he destroyed the Islanders.

"January 23, 1996: Milbury trades goaltender Damian Rhodes and defenceman Wade Redden to Ottawa for goaltender Don Beaupre, forward Martin Straka and defenceman Bryan Berard. Not a bad deal for Mike, except he couldn't stop there. Berard was traded to Toronto for Felix Potvin in what amounted to the exchange of an elite defenceman for an average goaltender. Straka was claimed off waivers two months later by Florida after playing just 22 games for the Islanders. Whoops>

November 27, 1996: Islanders trade Darius Kasparaitis and Andreas Johansson to the Penguins for Bryan Smolinski. Kasparaitis was the best player in the deal. Mike loses again.

February 6, 1998: Milbury trades defenceman Bryan McCabe, centre Todd Bertuzzi, and a third-round draft pick to Vancouver for Trevor Linden. Linden spent less than two years on Long Island and never had 20 goals in a season again in his career...

May 39, 1998: Milbury trades forward Jean-Pierre Dumont to the Chicago Blackhawks for centre Dmitri Nabokov. Awful. Nabokov played 55 career NHL games.

March 9, 1999: Milbury trades defenceman Scott Lachance to Montreal for a third round choice in the 1999 entry draft (forward Mattias Weinhandl). Weinhandl had a 6 goal season and was eventually put on waivers.

March 21, 1999: Milbury trades goaltender Tommy Salo to Edmonton for forward Mats Lindgren and an eighth-round pick (Radek Martinek) in 1999. Salo was the Oilers' starting goaltender for five full seasons...

June 21, 1999: Milbury trades forward Zigmund Palffy, forward Brian Smolinski and goalie Marcel Cousineau to the LA Kings for center Olli Jokinen, forward Josh Green, and defenceman Mathieu Biron and the Kings' first pick (Taylor Pyatt) in the 1999 entry draft. Not a bad deal, but Jokinen, Green, Biron, and Pyatt were all gone from Long Island by the start of the 2001-02 season.

June 24, 2000: Milbury trades defenceman Eric Brewer, forward Josh Green, and a second-round selection (Brad Winchester) in 2000 to the Edmonton Oilers for Roman Hamrlik. Mamrlik for Brewer would have been a push.

June 24, 2000: Islanders trade goaltender Roberto Luongo and forward Olli Jokinen to the Florida Panthers for forwards Oleg Kvasha and Mark Parrish. Getting one of those guys would have been a steal for Florida. But both?

June 23, 2001: Milbury trades defenceman Zdeno Chara, forward Bill Muckalt and the second-overal pick in the 2001 draft (Jason Spezza) for Alexei Yashin...

June 24, 2001: Milbury trades forwards Tim Connolly and Taylor Pyatt to Buffalo for Michael Peca. A decent deal, but he still overpaid, considering that the Sabres had to trade Peca, who was in a contract holdout.

March 11, 2003: Milbury trades forward Brad Isbister and forward prospect Raffi Torres to the Edmonton Oilers for defenceman Janne Niinimaa and a 2003 second round pick (Evgeni Tunik)...

March 9, 2006: Milbury trades defenceman Brad Lukowich to New Jersey for a third-round pick in 2006. The destruction was complete: 13 trades that got rid of 15 quality NHL players."

The Islanders could be hoisting the cup right now. So I wouldn't bother taking ANYTHING Mike Milbury has to say even with a grain of salt. That would be too generous. The guy's a complete moron.

Old
06-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Boston will be tame tonight. They never act tough outside of their arena.

Old
06-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Wow you gotta give Marchand credit. He managed to grow a beard that is more annoying than Lapierre's. It's like that beard they used in Team America World Police to disguise the main character.

Old
06-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Etienne

I really, really hope TSN outbids CBC when the current contract is up. I think I'm starting to be allergic to Don Cherry.

Old
06-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Bobby G

Please Vancouver

Old
06-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Wow you gotta give Marchand credit. He managed to grow a beard that is more annoying than Lapierre's. It's like that beard they used in Team America World Police to disguise the main character.
Hey!

He's a handsome and upstanding young man.

Old
06-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Anyone know the song they play before U2 in Vancouver? Sounds badass. It's at the start of this vid :

Old
06-10-2011, 07:33 PM
sheed36

Thomas making some great saves and the refs doing their thing early doesn't make for a good night for the Canucks..

Old
06-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

That was two very weak calls after all the crap they let go in Boston. But hey, what else is new..

Closed Thread