HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston @ Vancouver game 5 series tied 2-2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-11-2011, 07:53 AM
  #326
smack66
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,051
vCash: 500
bruins fan... honest question. Mods please feel free to delete if viewed as trolling.

I appreciate Habs fans hatred for the Bruins as I of course feel the same way about your team. I have to ask though, i honestly find it odd the love for Lappiere from your fans. He in essence walked away from the CH because he felt he was being misused. whether right or wrong he walked away from the CH. I just dont know if i could cheer for someone who did that to my team. Can those Lappiere fans explain.

thanks

smack66 is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 07:54 AM
  #327
jlgib21*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
I still think this is the wrong way to look at it. It should really be 'forget Lapierre, if we didn't have the injuries we advance'. I mean, PG will build his team in function of having a (relatively) healthy team to compete. You can expect to have 1-2 injuries and you need some depth, but now we were talking 3 injuries to key players. That's pretty hard to compensate for with depth, especially when one of them is your #1 D. Take Ehrhoff out of the game for the Canucks, and see if Lapierre still makes the difference.
Erhoff? You mean the d-man that refuses to throw a hard check?The guy that throws the puck away to avoid a hit ? Erhoff The Turtle ? WTH does he have to do w/Laps performance.He was their best forward last night,and has been among their best all series. PG,it will be status quo.His history shows that. Next yr,this board will be full of :We need a top 6,we aren't tough enough,Price is playing too much,we lost because of injuries,the refs need to protect us from the thuggery of the B's and Flyers,wait til our young players develop.Laps isn't doing anything different than last years run

jlgib21* is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 07:58 AM
  #328
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smack66 View Post
bruins fan... honest question. Mods please feel free to delete if viewed as trolling.

I appreciate Habs fans hatred for the Bruins as I of course feel the same way about your team. I have to ask though, i honestly find it odd the love for Lappiere from your fans. He in essence walked away from the CH because he felt he was being misused. whether right or wrong he walked away from the CH. I just dont know if i could cheer for someone who did that to my team. Can those Lappiere fans explain.

thanks
To be fair he was being misused. He was totally ineffective under Martin. Hes far away from us so his trolling is still funny to watch. When I see him Troll the bruins it just gives me a warm feeling inside.

TheBuriedHab is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 08:38 AM
  #329
Perrah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
Erhoff? You mean the d-man that refuses to throw a hard check?The guy that throws the puck away to avoid a hit ? Erhoff The Turtle ? WTH does he have to do w/Laps performance.He was their best forward last night,and has been among their best all series. PG,it will be status quo.His history shows that. Next yr,this board will be full of :We need a top 6,we aren't tough enough,Price is playing too much,we lost because of injuries,the refs need to protect us from the thuggery of the B's and Flyers,wait til our young players develop.Laps isn't doing anything different than last years run
He is also the guy they suspect is playing with a bummed shoulder since he sat out the end of one of their series with a bad shoulder I think it was the sharks.

Perrah is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 08:47 AM
  #330
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
To be fair he was being misused. He was totally ineffective under Martin. Hes far away from us so his trolling is still funny to watch. When I see him Troll the bruins it just gives me a warm feeling inside.
He was used the same way in Vancouver as in Montreal...the only reason he is happy now is because he's playing in the finals. He thought by getting traded he would be a 3rd liner in Anaheim but his ice time stayed pretty much the same...11:42 in Montreal, 11:32 in Anaheim and 11:35 in Vancouver...he played more in the playoffs after Samuelsson and Malhotra went out.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 09:01 AM
  #331
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 13,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smack66 View Post
bruins fan... honest question. Mods please feel free to delete if viewed as trolling.

I appreciate Habs fans hatred for the Bruins as I of course feel the same way about your team. I have to ask though, i honestly find it odd the love for Lappiere from your fans. He in essence walked away from the CH because he felt he was being misused. whether right or wrong he walked away from the CH. I just dont know if i could cheer for someone who did that to my team. Can those Lappiere fans explain.

thanks
I think most Habs fans are hoping for the Nucks, not Lappy, or Higgins...

BLONG7 is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 09:03 AM
  #332
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 13,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
he showed last year he comes up big in playoffs.he's been one of vanc top 3-5 forwards this series.These are the type of bottom 6 you need to keep on the team,to look ahead to playoffs. Stiffs like Pyatt,Halpern and Pouliot aren't going to help.Forget the in juries,if we have Laps instead of those 3,we advance
He thought he was a rock star with the Habs, and wouldn't give the consistant effort, night in night out...but he does seem to relish his role in the playoffs.

BLONG7 is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 09:17 AM
  #333
Bobby G
Registered User
 
Bobby G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
I think most Habs fans are hoping for the Nucks, not Lappy, or Higgins...
I've always loved Higgins, I'd be happy for him to win the cup. I don't like Lapierre but was thrilled when he scored

Bobby G is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 10:17 AM
  #334
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 13,586
vCash: 500
Guys, anyone read Pat Hicket's story on Habs I/O regarding the Bruins, and hypocrisy regarding the Horton saga/hit...good read...wish I knew how to post it here....maybe one of you guys can?

BLONG7 is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 10:26 AM
  #335
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,005
vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
Where is WeThreeKings and the rest of the pessimistic crew?? I told you guys not to blow those two losses out of proportion! Damn it feels good to see Vancouver back up 3-2 in the serie! YES!!!!!
Not really pessimistic but an very scary stat if you want them to win: Canucks have 6 goals this series going into game 6.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 10:27 AM
  #336
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2
 
Des Louise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 19,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Guys, anyone read Pat Hicket's story on Habs I/O regarding the Bruins, and hypocrisy regarding the Horton saga/hit...good read...wish I knew how to post it here....maybe one of you guys can?
http://www2.canada.com/montrealgazet...a-aef9da4c3031

He makes a short and sweet argument that there is something in the Boston water.

Des Louise is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 10:32 AM
  #337
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2
 
Des Louise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 19,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Not really pessimistic but an very scary stat if you want them to win: Canucks have 6 goals this series going into game 6.
Honestly, game #1 and #2 were a lot less close than the score indicated. Thomas had to stand on his head in game 1 and 2, particularly game 1.

There's nothing wrong with winning close games at home. The blowouts in Boston came as a result of Vancouver not wasting their energies on a game that was out of their reach after a couple goals on the road. Whether you win 1-0 or 8-1, it counts just the same. I don't think it's a huge indicative that one team is better than the other.

Des Louise is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 10:36 AM
  #338
jlgib21*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
He is also the guy they suspect is playing with a bummed shoulder since he sat out the end of one of their series with a bad shoulder I think it was the sharks.
Maybe,but I was responding to the post that said laps wouldn't have played so well w/o Erhoff. Most players are pretty banged up at this point.

jlgib21* is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 10:42 AM
  #339
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 13,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
http://www2.canada.com/montrealgazet...a-aef9da4c3031

He makes a short and sweet argument that there is something in the Boston water.
Thanks for posting....I wonder what their fans think of that article...

BLONG7 is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 10:43 AM
  #340
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,005
vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Honestly, game #1 and #2 were a lot less close than the score indicated. Thomas had to stand on his head in game 1 and 2, particularly game 1.

There's nothing wrong with winning close games at home. The blowouts in Boston came as a result of Vancouver not wasting their energies on a game that was out of their reach after a couple goals on the road. Whether you win 1-0 or 8-1, it counts just the same. I don't think it's a huge indicative that one team is better than the other.
I think the Bruins have shown all year that scoring chances against them are meaningless if you cannot put it past Thomas. At the end of the day, the best offense in the NHL can only average around 1 goal/game. I doubt they'll get to win another 1-0 game.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 10:54 AM
  #341
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2
 
Des Louise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 19,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I think the Bruins have shown all year that scoring chances against them are meaningless if you cannot put it past Thomas. At the end of the day, the best offense in the NHL can only average around 1 goal/game. I doubt they'll get to win another 1-0 game.
A lot of it was guys like Glass missing wide open nets with all the time in the world to shoot it in. Thomas is also due for a stinker. He's had stinkers in every series except this one.

Des Louise is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 10:56 AM
  #342
habsrule22
Registered User
 
habsrule22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Powassan, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,686
vCash: 500
Vancouver should still be in the game after the first period on monday. they were in those 2 games in boston. The longer it goes the better for them, boston may start to panic. The 1 st goal will be huge.

habsrule22 is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 10:57 AM
  #343
Bob Cole
Tom ******* Brady
 
Bob Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,742
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
http://www2.canada.com/montrealgazet...a-aef9da4c3031

He makes a short and sweet argument that there is something in the Boston water.
thanks for posting

bruins fans are really in a class of their own in terms of homerism and hypocrisy...disgusting.

Bob Cole is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 11:00 AM
  #344
Habskrieg
Registered User
 
Habskrieg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smack66 View Post
bruins fan... honest question. Mods please feel free to delete if viewed as trolling.

I appreciate Habs fans hatred for the Bruins as I of course feel the same way about your team. I have to ask though, i honestly find it odd the love for Lappiere from your fans. He in essence walked away from the CH because he felt he was being misused. whether right or wrong he walked away from the CH. I just dont know if i could cheer for someone who did that to my team. Can those Lappiere fans explain.

thanks
Some of us liked Lapierre even though people were complaining about his lack of fighting when needed. I understand that he wanted to be traded because he felt misused. His ice time was reduced too much. Sure, some think, maybe a fight or two would have fixed that. But it wouldn't have. Our coach just isn't into fighters and he probably saw Lapierre as a threat to the team, because if Lapierre keeps pissing people off and not fighting, then other teammates are going to get hurt. The way Martin used him on the lines and wants to make this team, is without fighters and without players that annoy the other team, just simple skill players playing his system. I don't blame Lapierre for wanting out after his ice time gets reduced that much game after game, I wouldn't blame any player. If it's just one or two games because the coach is sending a message, then no, the player should be able to deal with it. But Lapierre had his time reduced too many games.

Habskrieg is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 11:01 AM
  #345
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,646
vCash: 50
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../18269451.html

Thomas and Marchand (as well as a few Canucks) called out for being divers.

Bill McNeal is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 11:32 AM
  #346
usernam
Registered User
 
usernam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Then came news Horton was sending texts to his teammates. This was regarded, as it should have been, as good news in Boston. Of course, the same Bruins fans who saw it this way were the ones who saw Pacioretty's text as proof he wasn't seriously hurt. [...] We later learned Horton was actually at TD Garden, hardly the place to find peace and quiet.
Hahah, severe concussion my ass.

usernam is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 12:04 PM
  #347
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2
 
Des Louise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 19,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo316 View Post
Hahah, severe concussion my ass.
I'm going to assume this was sarcasm.

Let's not stoop to bruins level and assume we can do long distance prognosis.

Des Louise is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 12:10 PM
  #348
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,285
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
It's hard to win the cup when your stars - Kesler and the Sedins, are no shows.

I wouldn't think that Luongo's choking days are over. He struggles in buildings, if he gets shelled again in Boston, we are looking at another nervous crowd in Vancouver, which if Boston gets the first goal - lights go out.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 12:31 PM
  #349
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,646
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
It's hard to win the cup when your stars - Kesler and the Sedins, are no shows.

I wouldn't think that Luongo's choking days are over. He struggles in buildings, if he gets shelled again in Boston, we are looking at another nervous crowd in Vancouver, which if Boston gets the first goal - lights go out.
It's not like Luongo is historically bad in Boston. Before the meltdown this series he was 6-4-1-0 (W-L-T-OTL) with a .936 save % and 2.30 GAA there.

Seems like everybody is expecting Boston to win on Monday. That usually makes me skeptical.

Bill McNeal is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 12:35 PM
  #350
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 26,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I think the Bruins have shown all year that scoring chances against them are meaningless if you cannot put it past Thomas. At the end of the day, the best offense in the NHL can only average around 1 goal/game. I doubt they'll get to win another 1-0 game.
They won 2 games 1-0 and won three by one goal margins. I don't see why they couldn't put another one out. I think you're underrating them a bit.
They had a very similar series versus Nashville, except the Preds aren't as good as the Bruins and required Rinne to play like a God, but in the end, every game of that series came down to 1 goal (except one game but it was an Empty Netter).
The Canucks can play tight defensive games, but they need Luongo to step up and keep them in it. He wasn't able to do that in Boston, but he's done it in Vancouver, especially yesterday.

I think every victory of the Canucks in the POs this year have been by one goal margins (not counting EN) except for one. They were able to score plenty of goals, and were also able to get by very strongly structured defensive teams like Nashville.
So, don't be so quick to think they won't pull off another low tight scoring game.

BTW, I think scoring chances versus any team are meaningless so long as it doesn't get past the goaltending


Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Honestly, game #1 and #2 were a lot less close than the score indicated. Thomas had to stand on his head in game 1 and 2, particularly game 1.

There's nothing wrong with winning close games at home. The blowouts in Boston came as a result of Vancouver not wasting their energies on a game that was out of their reach after a couple goals on the road. Whether you win 1-0 or 8-1, it counts just the same. I don't think it's a huge indicative that one team is better than the other.
Precisely. The Blowouts came from poor goaltending which lead to complete lack of focus.
I don't think the Bruins had much of a chance in game 1-2. Their best game on the road was yesterday, but again, they relied on a whole lot of luck like guardian angels playing with Glass' stick so he can't score on an empty netter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
He is also the guy they suspect is playing with a bummed shoulder since he sat out the end of one of their series with a bad shoulder I think it was the sharks.
Sssshhhh! Ehrhoff is soft okay! The whole world is soft goddammit!!

Kriss E is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.