HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Darcy Hordichuk

Old
06-11-2011, 10:24 AM
NYRangers16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester 88 View Post
Boyle and Prust (with the seasons they just had) are not 4th liners. 4th liners dont score 21 and 14 goals respectively. Prust will probably repeat this season's production and I think Boyle will, too. They are both going to see Barb Underhill this summer. If it it improves Boyle's skating more, and adds speed to Prust's game, I can even see them exceeding this past season's performances.
I'd like to see them do it again, before saying it will happen. And what's wrong with having them as a 4th line? We can afford it, plus they are prob the best 4th line in the league. It just adds extra depth.

Dubi/Richards/Gabby
--/Stepan/Cally
Wolski/Anisimov/--
Feds/Boyle/Prust
Aves

We can do this and have more than enough toughness and defense.

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 10:27 AM
NYRangers16

And if you want to add Konopka, just do this...

Dubi/Richards/Gabby
--/Stepan/Cally
Wolski/Anisimov/Feds
Boyle/Konopka/Prust

I think either of these lineups is better than the 3rd/4th line overload that you were proposing. No offense, I love big hits and fights as much as the next guy, but I think we got that covered - we need potent scoring.

Old
06-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers16 View Post
essentially 2 4th lines...too much non-scoring going on. Fedotenko/Boyle/Prust on the 4th line is above average, leave it there and build a top line and let everyone else trickle down.

Konopka would make me happy for FOs and decent physical play. I think him and Prust can more than take care of things. Wasnt Prust top 5 in fights? Why do we need another fighter anyway? We need scorers, not redudant 4th liners.
Prust is very important on the PK. i dont think the rangers will want one of their best penaltly killers in the box all of the time.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 10:32 AM
NYRangers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Prust is very important on the PK. i dont think the rangers will want one of their best penaltly killers in the box all of the time.
true. though we have guys who can fill in...Boyle, Feds, AA, Stepan. even at 200 PIMs how much of the time is that really? like 5% of the season? i think we can deal in those cases.

:edit: also, a lot of that 5% of the time is matching penalties. so really, we might be missing prust for 1-2% of the penalty kill minutes we have...pretty much pointless to have a goon take up cap space and a roster spot just for that.

Last edited by NYRangers16: 06-11-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old
06-11-2011, 10:33 AM
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers16 View Post
I'd like to see them do it again, before saying it will happen. And what's wrong with having them as a 4th line? We can afford it, plus they are prob the best 4th line in the league. It just adds extra depth.

Dubi/Richards/Gabby
--/Stepan/Cally
Wolski/Anisimov/--
Feds/Boyle/Prust
Aves

We can do this and have more than enough toughness and defense.
The problem is that they wouldn't be able to perform as much. On the 4th line, you won't see the combined 45 goals you saw from Feds/BB/Prust this season. To be productive, they need more ice time, obviously. They are offensively and defensively reliable and cam wear down the other 3rd line more often. On the 4th line, they wouldnt see more than 8 minutes per game and would have limited effect out on the ice. I fully trust them on the 3rd line.

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 10:37 AM
NYRangers16

Quote:
The problem is that they wouldn't be able to perform as much. On the 4th line, you won't see the combined 45 goals you saw from Feds/BB/Prust this season. To be productive, they need more ice time, obviously. They are offensively and defensively reliable and cam wear down the other 3rd line more often. On the 4th line, they wouldnt see more than 8 minutes per game and would have limited effect out on the ice. I fully trust them on the 3rd line.
Is the point for them to put up the stats, or is it for the team to have deep scoring? What are we going for here?

Putting them on the 4th will give us 4 dangerous lines. The individual stats might be less, but our team stats will increase.

Also, consider that throughout the season guys slump and that they will get more chances. Having them as the 4th allows you to slide Wolski down if he struggles, or lets say whoever our 3rd line RW is goes into a scoring drought or struggles defensively for a bit...then you can certainly move them up for awhile. The whole point is there's no reason not to pencil them in one the 4th as long as we can afford to. Just makes us deeper and better.

Old
06-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
It's time to play.....WHEEL....OF.....GOONS!

just brilliant

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
It's time to play.....WHEEL....OF.....GOONS!
Seriously.

Please, no more. No more worthless hockey inept fighters, Sather.

06-11-2011, 11:14 AM
dbmaven

Based on the past, what, 4 years?, Sather seems to think that a "heavyweight" is a requirement. Let Orr go, picked up Brashear (ugh), grabbed Shelley @ the deadline, signed Boogaard. So, all the signs would point to a signing of this type somewhere during the FA period, unless he's got the trade mojo going. I really wouldn't want to answer the WWSD question....

If such a player is considered necessary (and like others here I don't think they are - again using Detroit and even Vancouver this year as examples) - then to me the best choice is probably Konopka - at least he can win face offs by the boatload. The problem is he's a hothead and does stuff that's more stupid than Avery when he's had a complete brain fart.

dbmaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmaven View Post
Based on the past, what, 4 years?, Sather seems to think that a "heavyweight" is a requirement. Let Orr go, picked up Brashear (ugh), grabbed Shelley @ the deadline, signed Boogaard. So, all the signs would point to a signing of this type somewhere during the FA period, unless he's got the trade mojo going. I really wouldn't want to answer the WWSD question....

If such a player is considered necessary (and like others here I don't think they are - again using Detroit and even Vancouver this year as examples) - then to me the best choice is probably Konopka - at least he can win face offs by the boatload. The problem is he's a hothead and does stuff that's more stupid than Avery when he's had a complete brain fart.
i want a player that wins faceoffs to stay on the ice not to be in the penalty box. Konopka 2 year deal at most. other than that i dont want him. much rather have a andy mcdonald type player 50 pt player that can win faceoffs.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...34&view=splits

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 11:58 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Our bottom 6 is fine.

Mike Rupp or Konopka if a move must be made. Guys who are actually useful. I'll be mad if we sign a goon who does nothing.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 01:27 PM
SomE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscharf View Post
two words..

RICK RYPIEN
Rypien went crazy

SomE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

vCash: 1081
Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Seriously.

Please, no more. No more worthless hockey inept fighters, Sather.
Cosigned.

For a fan base that's constantly maligning Glen Sather and his free agent frenzies, it's so easy to see that they themselves are the ones directly feeding into his terrible signings year in and year out.

Last edited by Mint Berry Crunch: 06-11-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 02:39 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I still want Konopka. Helps us in the FO circle, helps take some heat off Prust. Busts his ass every shift. Is a terrific locker room guy as well. He'll sign for cheap. Would be a good 4C/extra forward for us.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
I think this is the year Sather gives a NMC to a goon. he's been building up to it for a while now.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I still want Konopka. Helps us in the FO circle, helps take some heat off Prust. Busts his ass every shift. Is a terrific locker room guy as well. He'll sign for cheap. Would be a good 4C/extra forward for us.
I'll bet he gets way more than you're thinking and way more than he should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscharf View Post
two words..

RICK RYPIEN

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I like him as well, but he takes a ****load off bad penalties though.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23isforDeBlois View Post
i still miss colton
U ain't the only one...

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 06:36 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I think Konopka is the only one I'd consider but I'd really rather keep a spot open for a rookie. Having a heavy weight stashed in the AHL who we can call up whenever is the best scenario IMO. That way he plays regularly in the A and plays when we need his toughness. Well, Ideally you have a monster goon who scores 30 goals but I think Chris Simon was the last player to accomplish that feat and he didn't work out THAT well (but not so bad) for us.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 08:25 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

Quote:
Boyle and Prust (with the seasons they just had) are not 4th liners. 4th liners dont score 21 and 14 goals respectively. Prust will probably repeat this season's production and I think Boyle will, too. They are both going to see Barb Underhill this summer. If it it improves Boyle's skating more, and adds speed to Prust's game, I can even see them exceeding this past season's performances.
On rangers maybe not, on ANY true cup contenders boyle and lrust are surely 4th liners dont kid yourself Boyle had a good season, im optimistic he'll keep up production but still he'll be an above average 4th liner whose streaky to boot. Prust is most deffinitally a 4th liner on any cup contender.

Maybe we can flip the script with konopka. Sign a former islander and turn him into an islander killer alla' pa parenteau.

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 08:42 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

No. Goons.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 09:02 PM
mcsauer2738

I don't want us signing any goons, imo we should have newbury as a 13th forward as a guy who is not afraid to drop them and can play.

mcsauer2738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 09:06 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23isforDeBlois View Post
i still miss colton
I miss him too, but not at 4 years 4 mil

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 09:09 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Maybe Sather finally learned his lesson.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 09:46 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I'll bet he gets way more than you're thinking and way more than he should.
I think he'll sign a two or three year deal in the neighborhood of 900k per.

What do you see him signing for?

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote