HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Howard Eskin of 610 WIP: Front Office Open to Trading Richards or Carter

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2011, 10:14 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
I know some people aren't liking it, but I do think teams are calling in for Carter and Homer is listening. There are wayyyyy to many rumors from all different sources for this to be made up.

I was never on the Richards/Carter love train, but I do think trading Richards would be a bad thing. While I think if you can get some good assets back, I wouldn't mind to much trading Carter. All depends on the return.

Old
06-11-2011, 10:19 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
If Richards is traded which I would not like at all it would be because of some internal deal like possibly not liking the coach. I think Holmgren may be getting annoyed at getting rid of coaches. This is one of the only logical explanations. As far as Carter and Richards being a problem together maybe its more that the both of them act to divide the lockeroom or something like that but mere speculation. It just seems there is some issue internally that the GM is tired of possibly. Guess we will see.
I can see them being pissed off at the moves Homer has made. If we were pissed that Leighton was rewarded for his horrific play in the final last year, I would totally understand these guys who are the future of this team feeling like the rug was pulled from under them. A couple of years ago Richards also commented that Homer put them in a bad position with the cap, which was right after they traded Upshall and a second for Carcillo just so they could fill the roster for a few games.

Maybe Richards is tired of playing with slugs on either side. Maybe Carter isn't happy about playing wing. If we're as pissed as some of the moves Homer and Lavi have made, the players have to be even more pissed off since careers don't last forever.

Old
06-11-2011, 10:20 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

To me the Carter scenario is more likely. Again if Richards gets moved its bc he asked to be moved which I doubt since he said he is the man for the captaincy etc.

Eskin is a clown and if he is doing this to get attention he has no integrity whatsoever. Had little to begin with....

Old
06-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Lab Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
Can we elaborate on this? Issues between Carter and Richards? Aren't they best friends?
He said there were issues there but its on ice and in the locker room, apparently its well known in the league according to McGuire, but everything I have read on here about them says otherwise. They vacation and party together, so unless its simply an on ice thing I personally have nothing to add to the discussion. He kept it short because well, it wasn't Sens related and that is all that gets discussed up here.

Old
06-11-2011, 11:15 AM
SeanL44
Welcome to Hellbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
It's Eskin. I think I'd trust Eklund before him, and that's saying something.
This. And on top of that, he has a Panaccio-esque hatred for Richards.

Old
06-11-2011, 11:18 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Perhaps Eskin has read all the rumours about Richards to NY, Toronto, Tampa, etc., and has no idea there are two Richards in the NHL.

Old
06-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
I personally believe the Carter/Hartnell rumor, and I can easily imagine it putting people in a position to take sides. That and the fact that every single first hand account I hear from someone who's met Carter has him acting like a ******, makes me think a rift forming there sounds plausible.

Old
06-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Bryz4shiz

This is just seems ridiculous, I'd rather not sign a goalie than trade Richards

Old
06-11-2011, 11:57 AM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

Maybe Richards is unhappy because idiots keep saying his teammates hate him and too many fans believe them rather than what the players themselves say.

The Flyers should learn from the Bruins. When the Bruins traded Thornton, they lost so many fans. They are two games away from their first Stanley cup in almost 40 years and and they still are struggling to get many of those fans back.

Old
06-11-2011, 11:59 AM
RIPRichardsCarter

Why do these fake reporters get any recognition in this town? Eskin doesn't even know what hockey is, let alone know any real rumors.

Panaccio and Eskin should be run out of this town.

Old
06-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Sounds familiar. Might have happened last year or something.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
06-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

Quote:
Their current situation has nothing to do with what they got in the trade for Thornton. They missed the playoffs for two years and haven't gotten past the 2nd round in the playoffs until this season. But if thats the model you want the Flyers to follow, sure trade Richards.

Old
06-11-2011, 12:14 PM
brian822

Eskin called the Pronger back injury when no other reporter did. Not saying he's right on this one but to dismiss this would be foolish.

Old
06-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppy View Post
Their current situation has nothing to do with what they got in the trade for Thornton. They missed the playoffs for two years and haven't gotten past the 2nd round in the playoffs until this season. But if thats the model you want the Flyers to follow, sure trade Richards.

I wasn't in the Bruins dressing room or the front office. Boston did what they had to do. I was just making the point that it's pretty damn funny that you're citing them being 2 games from the cup as a consequence of their screw-up. I should screw things up so badly, lol.

Old
06-11-2011, 12:22 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian822 View Post
Eskin called the Pronger back injury when no other reporter did. Not saying he's right on this one but to dismiss this would be foolish.
Everybody knew he was injured...

Old
06-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
There's a huge difference between watching an injured player and guessing what's wrong with him, and speculating that a GM will trade franchise players.

06-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Everybody knew he was injured...
Wasnt it a surprise that he wasnt going to play Game #2 against Boston?

Old
06-11-2011, 12:28 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppy View Post
Maybe Richards is unhappy because idiots keep saying his teammates hate him and too many fans believe them rather than what the players themselves say.

The Flyers should learn from the Bruins. When the Bruins traded Thornton, they lost so many fans. They are two games away from their first Stanley cup in almost 40 years and and they still are struggling to get many of those fans back.
The first game (1976) after Bobby Orr signed with Chicago, the Bruins had their smallest home attendance in many years, in the 9000s for the home opener -- two years after playing the Flyers in the 1974 Finals. Then they were in consecutive Finals (1977 and 1978) and banging out the place again. Winning sells.

Old
06-11-2011, 12:30 PM
fully spectrumed

To take the Bruins comparison a little further:

Before this season, and again at the trade deadline, the shipped off weak minded talent and acquired committed, hungry professionals.

I'm all for following that model.

Old
06-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

Quote:
I wasn't in the Bruins dressing room or the front office. Boston did what they had to do. I was just making the point that it's pretty damn funny that you're citing them being 2 games from the cup as a consequence of their screw-up. I should screw things up so badly, lol.
I was more pointing out that they are two games away from being as high as a team can be and there are still fans that haven't forgiven them.

Old
06-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

I wasn't aware that Richards and Carter were weak-minded talent.

Old
06-11-2011, 12:50 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
No way Richards should get traded. And by what everyone says Carter is a ****** bag, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was upset he wasn't playing center either because that is his best position and Lavy took him away from it. Remember how half the team they were saying mid season wasn't buying into Lavys system? Maybe Carter was apart of that. Pure speculation though

Old
06-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
He speculated that Pronger was injured when he left the bench three minutes before the game ended. BRILLIANT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fully spectrumed View Post
To take the Bruins comparison a little further:

Before this season, and again at the trade deadline, the shipped off weak minded talent and acquired committed, hungry professionals.

I'm all for following that model.
Yeah, Tomas Kaberle has worked out beautifully for them, hasn't he?

Old
06-11-2011, 01:11 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

Quote:
but on the other hand, how many of the hockey beat writers knew but didnt report it publically.... we all know how secretitive hockey teams are why the hell would a beat writer covering the flyers want to put out into the world an injury update without asking the flyers if tehy could??

Im sure guys like Timmy P and Chuckie G could live with being ignored by a player, but imagine being blackballed by a Whole organization....word gets to the rst of the league that hes a liability.... now hes got no credibility and no access to the NHL.... of course word spread to the sixers who at this point dont really care who reports on them they need the press... but if this 1983?? you culd be dam sure he wouldnt be allowed near that locker room until a general press day.

eskin hawks lexus, rolexes and fur coats..... he can afford to sit back and report things with little or no reprecussion...( trashes halladay after his perfect game - because he didnt give an exclusive interview)

Old
06-11-2011, 01:12 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
He speculated that Pronger was injured when he left the bench three minutes before the game ended. BRILLIANT!

Yeah, Tomas Kaberle has worked out beautifully for them, hasn't he?
They are still in the playoffs and we aren't.

Closed Thread