HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Jannik Hansen appreciation thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2011, 04:17 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

vCash: 500
Jannik Hansen appreciation thread

Hi everybody,

I find there is a big lack of mentioning the great dane in these threads.
How about some love for this years "unsung hero". He has imo had a great series so far

So let the praise begin

Old
06-11-2011, 04:24 AM
cotillion

He is fast and an awesome addition to the third line. He had some great chances in game 5. I wouldnt mind him to get the series winner

Old
06-11-2011, 04:33 AM
lush
@jasonlush

Hansen is at the top of the list in terms of a named jersey I might get. I hope he signs with us this summer. I've always been a big fan (you have no idea) but I went to a pre-season game this year and although I don't remember who we played I do remember it was the first time I saw Malhotra live in a Canucks jersey and I was blown away by the seemingly instant chemistry he had with Hansen. I gave Manny the credit then because Hansen had played with us for awhile and as great as he was I didn't see that type of play previously. Is it possible that part of Hansen's step forward this season is because of Malhotra? Going into this year I wouldn't have put money on Hansen making the team to be perfectly honest. He'a awesome and I'm his biggest fan but given we had Hodgson in the wings, Torres as a solid signing and some allure surrounding Oreskovick I woudn't have put money on the great Dane. But Hansen has done nothing but prove to me he is a core player. I both hope and expect management to feel the same way.

Old
06-11-2011, 04:39 AM
Bougieman

vCash: 200
He's been a big difference maker for the Canucks, especially in terms of bringing energy and momentum to his team, and his amazing forechecking. He was something of an unknown around the league, and these playoffs have really been his coming out party. Love the Hansen!

Old
06-11-2011, 04:43 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotillion View Post
He is fast and an awesome addition to the third line. He had some great chances in game 5. I wouldnt mind him to get the series winner
Would be AWESOME!!! Denmark has really stepped up in the showing of NHL.
The coverage has been quite big, both in the televised and written media.
Having a dane in the Stanley Cup finals, has definitely sparked a little hockey fever in Denmark. It's just what the sport needs right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by lush View Post
Hansen is at the top of the list in terms of a named jersey I might get. I hope he signs with us this summer. I've always been a big fan (you have no idea) but I went to a pre-season game this year and although I don't remember who we played I do remember it was the first time I saw Malhotra live in a Canucks jersey and I was blown away by the seemingly instant chemistry he had with Hansen. I gave Manny the credit then because Hansen had played with us for awhile and as great as he was I didn't see that type of play previously. Is it possible that part of Hansen's step forward this season is because of Malhotra? Going into this year I wouldn't have put money on Hansen making the team to be perfectly honest. He'a awesome and I'm his biggest fan but given we had Hodgson in the wings, Torres as a solid signing and some allure surrounding Oreskovick I woudn't have put money on the great Dane. But Hansen has done nothing but prove to me he is a core player. I both hope and expect management to feel the same way.
I don't remember which one, but I remember reading in a danish newspaper that Jannik said he had learned allot from Manny. So could be partially true?

Old
06-11-2011, 05:49 AM
Dosing

Would hansen be the first dane to win the cup? Always thought that'd be reserved for regin ;p

Old
06-11-2011, 06:03 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smookie View Post
Would hansen be the first dane to win the cup? Always thought that'd be reserved for regin ;p
Yeah, he sure will be. If the nucks do succed that is!
I dunno, I thought Regin or Hansen.

But id obviously love if Regin and the Sens won it

Old
06-11-2011, 06:06 AM
GCM
Stork

There's been tons of praise for him...

But I'm always up for more!

the great dane is one of my favorite players.

100% compete level night in night out and just wait for when he starts to put things together.

So many people call him "stone hands" but that's so far from the truth. You can already see glimpses of great stick handling from him now, it's only a matter of time before he's doing it on a regular basis.

<3 #36

Old
06-11-2011, 06:41 AM
Tobias

Send a message via Skype™ to Tobias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smookie View Post
We had the first Dane entering the league in 2007(Frans Nielsen), so yeah, he's the first. And only one of three players to have played playoff hockey.

Old
06-11-2011, 09:57 AM
canucksPK

One of the hardest working players in the league, he goes 110 percent every shift

Old
06-11-2011, 10:05 AM
jimmythescot

He's got everything but the shot. Whoever taught Kesler how to shoot over the last couple of years needs to do the work with Hansen now. I know a lot of it is Kesler's own hard work, but Hansen is anything but a slacker.

Right now he seems to want to be a very gritty playmaker, but with his size and determination he should spend as much time as possible working on his shot, especially when he's close to the goalie. He would be absolutely terrifying if he could just elevate the puck under pressure.

Old
06-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Lonny Bohonos
$15mil Mentor-pede

Old "stonehands" Hansen has been fantastic the whole playoffs and has scored some timely goals.

Big fan of the way he plays. He has the god given speed and uses it properly by taken the play to the opposing team.

He forechecks better than anyone ive seen on the nucks and probably other teams as well and he hits.

Big kudos to hansen for not only having a good regular season but stepping up and playing above his station in the playoffs.

Old
06-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Nuckles
Bim Jenning

vCash: 50
I really hope the Canucks can sign him for a decent price this offseason (although he seems like a guy willing to take a discount for his team).

Old
06-11-2011, 10:35 AM
sixwings

The 3rd line has been wrecking the Bruins. They were our best line last night.

Old
06-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

I sure hope Andrew Ference ran Jannik Hansen a warm bath and gave him a foot-rub after the game because Hansen has made Ference his ***** in this series. I don't know if anyone else has noticed but the Dane has targeted Ference and physically dominated him throughout this series.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Hansen spend a lot of time on Kesler's wing next season. He's got more to give, a strong two-way game, physicality and decent playmaking ability that would compliment Kesler well.

Old
06-11-2011, 12:10 PM
GoBs

I have heard his name mentioned once this series.

Old
06-11-2011, 12:13 PM
IIHFjerseycollector

Send a message via AIM to IIHFjerseycollector
turn up the volume and watch the game. your eyes and ears must be lying to your brain

Old
06-11-2011, 12:15 PM
DingoAteMyBaby

He's been phenomenal.

I remember people questioning whether we should even resign him at the beginning of the season.

I knew he was the right fit on the 3rd line and boy has he passed my expectations. The guy has tremendous speed and a fantastic forechecking game.

Old
06-11-2011, 12:16 PM
skywarp75

he should be playing with kesler and getting more icetime than higgins & raymond, but he's so good he anchors his own effective line.

Old
06-11-2011, 12:22 PM
TARS

vCash: 50
Jannik Hansen defines work ethic. Homeboy brings it every shift.

Old
06-11-2011, 12:31 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
I have heard his name mentioned once this series.
You must be watching NBC - a broadcast team that doesn't know who this guy is.

When did you here his name? When he made arguably the biggest play of this series?

Andrew Ference sure has noticed him. About a dozen times by my count.

Old
06-11-2011, 12:36 PM
cleverusername

Definitely one of the unsung heros of this years run. He's never given up and plays 100% every shift. I agree with whoever says he needs to work on his shot, that's the only thing separating Hansen from being a top 6 forward.

Old
06-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Awesome Sauce

Jannik Hansen is an incredible player. I've never seen him put in a bad shift, and that's not an exaggeration. He stands out as a very speedy, dangerous player on a team with a lot of speedy, dangerous players. And now that I think about it a bit more, I'd say he is top 5 most consistent Canucks in these playoffs.

Old
06-11-2011, 02:01 PM
arshonagon

Could see him replacing Raymond on Keslers line next year if Raymond doesn't pick up his game next season.

But that's next season, so you never know what gonna happen.

Closed Thread