HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flyers - Panthers

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2011, 02:10 PM
patches67

vCash: 500
Flyers - Panthers

To Florida:

Jeff Carter
Kris Versteeg
Sergei Bobrovsky

To Philadelphia:

Jacob Markstrom
Erik Gudbransson
3rd overall pick

Florida has $30 million to spend to get to the cap floor, and while I wouldn't want to give up Carter, Gudbransson fills a future need for an aging defense. If broken down, I look at it as, Carter for Gudbransson and 3rd overall, with Bobrovsky and Versteeg (salary dump) going over for Markstrom.

Philly gets two top notch prospects, and their choice at #3. They also move Bobrovsky, but can sign a cheap back up to play behind Bryzgalov (once signed). Boucher can fill the role for under a million.

In turn, Florida takes on part of the salary needed, Tallon gets his man in Versteeg, and fills his #1 center role with Carter, moving Weiss to the second line where he should be. They also get a solid, NHL ready goaltender to back up Vokoun, who would then be signed to a shorter deal (2-3 years), while getting a portion of the games taken off of him.

Thoughts??
(Also, I read an article that had a few of these proposals in place, I kind of pieced together a trade that I felt made sense.)

Old
06-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Laus723
Future Now

nope

06-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 50
I actually can't see Florida doing that.

They give up their entire future, and become a #8-11 team.

Old
06-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Boooooth10

Two terrible Flyers - Panthers proposals today.

Old
06-11-2011, 02:36 PM
UConn126
Bass Player.

Horrible deal for Florida. To get that package, Philly would have to add big time.

Carter for the 3rd straight up would probably be fair, as the third isn't guaranteed to be a quality NHLer where as Carter is one, but after that, Gudbranson+Markstrom>>>>>>>Versteeg+Bobrovsky.

Old
06-11-2011, 02:48 PM
patches67

It's possible my value is off.. but to say that Carter is only worth the 3rd overall in a weak draft is preposterous! Carter is a proven first line player who has the capability of potting 35-50 goals. He is worth the 3rd overall + a young defensive prospect in Gudbranson with out a doubt.

Old
06-11-2011, 02:49 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Same nickname or not, this must be the same dude who posted that other horrendously one-sided FLO-PHI proposal. Terrible.

Old
06-11-2011, 02:50 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by patches67 View Post
It's possible my value is off.. but to say that Carter is only worth the 3rd overall in a weak draft is preposterous! Carter is a proven first line player who has the capability of potting 35-50 goals. He is worth the 3rd overall + a young defensive prospect in Gudbranson with out a doubt.
Ya think?

Understatement of the year.

Old
06-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn126 View Post
Carter for the 3rd straight up would probably be fair
Typical hfboards...............prospects better than "star" players in the league. This is just laughable

Old
06-11-2011, 03:00 PM
patches67

What if I changed it to,

Panthers get:

Carter
Versteeg
Bobrovsky

Flyers get:

3rd overall
Markstrom
Santorelli

??

Old
06-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Kaen

Quote:
He is worth the 3rd overall plus a decent prospect or player, but not 3rd and Gudbrandson. But I doubt Florida would even give up 3rd overall, they're taking the long route to rebuild and doing it properly. Making a deal like this would ruin that plan.

Old
06-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Not close. Florida would never offer that. Why can't people look at trade history to see that no one is close to the value fans think they are??

Old
06-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
What if I changed it to,

Panthers get:

Carter
Versteeg
Bobrovsky

Flyers get:

3rd overall
Markstrom
Santorelli

??
No! Why move Markstrom? Especially for Bobs? Not a knock on him, he did well enough this season, but all Florida has to do is sign a guy while Markstrom continues to grow.

Old
06-11-2011, 03:29 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Why would the Flyers want Markstrom? He's a great prospect, but he's not really something the Flyers need...

And Carter for the 3rd overall and Gudbranson would require the Flyers to throw something else in. I think Florida would be better off just keeping their young guys and staying the course with the build.

Old
06-11-2011, 03:31 PM
keslerburrows

Why would Tallon consider that? Markstom>Bobrovsky, Gudbranson>Carle, Carter>3rd Overall ( Landeskog, Huberdeau, Couturier.)

So a NHL ready goaltender, An NHL ready stud (Gud), and a almost NHL ready 2nd line center soon to be a 1st line center for a - Backup goalie, a much hated d-man by most flyer fans, and a 1st line winger.

Im a go with a no.

Old
06-11-2011, 03:37 PM
TSA0402

Cause its in a rebuilding teams best interest to trade their three best prospects in one deal right?

Old
06-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Rschmitz

Florida had contract issues with gudbrandson, yet you think they are going to dump assets into carter? Florida needs to do a solid rebuild, with some good free agent pick ups they can be competitive. Then they might consider to give up youth.

Old
06-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Heaters not lazt*

Adding Bobrovsky/Markstrom isn't really needed.

Kulikov and #3 for Carter and Versteeg? Tough to swallow for Florida

Old
06-11-2011, 04:53 PM
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close

I would totally do Carter for Gudbranson +3rd overall mainly because I'm a huge fan of both Gudbranson and Larsson and I would probably go insane if the Flyers acquired both of them, and with Edmonton and Colorado picking 1st and 2nd i'd imagine Larsson going third is entirely realistic.

By the time Timonen and Pronger are on the decline in the forseeable future they would already have two franchise D-men to replace them

A pipe dream at best I suppose

Old
06-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
To Florida:

Jeff Carter
Kris Versteeg
Sergei Bobrovsky

To Philadelphia:

Jacob Markstrom
Erik Gudbransson
3rd overall pick

Florida has $30 million to spend to get to the cap floor, and while I wouldn't want to give up Carter, Gudbransson fills a future need for an aging defense. If broken down, I look at it as, Carter for Gudbransson and 3rd overall, with Bobrovsky and Versteeg (salary dump) going over for Markstrom.

Philly gets two top notch prospects, and their choice at #3. They also move Bobrovsky, but can sign a cheap back up to play behind Bryzgalov (once signed). Boucher can fill the role for under a million.

In turn, Florida takes on part of the salary needed, Tallon gets his man in Versteeg, and fills his #1 center role with Carter, moving Weiss to the second line where he should be. They also get a solid, NHL ready goaltender to back up Vokoun, who would then be signed to a shorter deal (2-3 years), while getting a portion of the games taken off of him.

Thoughts??
(Also, I read an article that had a few of these proposals in place, I kind of pieced together a trade that I felt made sense.)
Thanks you bailed me out. I like my post better

Old
06-11-2011, 05:39 PM
JCameron418

Counter Proposal:

The entire Flyers Organization for the entire Panthers organization.

I hope Chris Pronger doesn't get sunburnt too easily.

Old
06-11-2011, 05:51 PM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanVT395 View Post
I would totally do Carter for Gudbranson +3rd overall mainly because I'm a huge fan of both Gudbranson and Larsson and I would probably go insane if the Flyers acquired both of them, and with Edmonton and Colorado picking 1st and 2nd i'd imagine Larsson going third is entirely realistic.

By the time Timonen and Pronger are on the decline in the forseeable future they would already have two franchise D-men to replace them

A pipe dream at best I suppose
The probability of Gudbranson becoming a franchise D are pretty low, in my estimation.

That being said, I'd consider Versteeg+Carter for Gudbranson+3rd overall.
Of course only if Bryz is signed and we have a realistic shot at Gagne for a reasonable price.

Old
06-11-2011, 06:04 PM
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
The probability of Gudbranson becoming a franchise D are pretty low, in my estimation.

That being said, I'd consider Versteeg+Carter for Gudbranson+3rd overall.
Of course only if Bryz is signed and we have a realistic shot at Gagne for a reasonable price.
Your estimation is probably not that far off, but like I said, it was just sort of a dream scenario. Realistically I wouldn't want it to happen.

I've been preaching the last three seasons that Carter isn't expendable to the Flyers but if Holmgren was absolutely dead set on Trading him for picks / prospects that would be the kind of return I would want.

I would break it down as:

To FLA:
Carter
Carle / Versteeg (salary dump, Florida needs to hit the floor somehow...)

To PHI:
Gudbranson
Larsson / Hamilton / Landeskog
Bryzgalov

Last edited by SeanVT395: 06-11-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old
06-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
Why would Tallon consider that? Markstom>Bobrovsky, Gudbranson>Carle, Carter>3rd Overall ( Landeskog, Huberdeau, Couturier.)

So a NHL ready goaltender, An NHL ready stud (Gud), and a almost NHL ready 2nd line center soon to be a 1st line center for a - Backup goalie, a much hated d-man by most flyer fans, and a 1st line winger.

Im a go with a no.
Bobrovsky > Marsktrom

I will take the young proven NHL goalie over someone who has yet to play in an NHL game

Old
06-11-2011, 06:13 PM
Cullksinikers

That's bad on so many levels. A 3rd overall in a deep draft, Gudbranson, who has a very bright future, and their goalie of the future, Markstrom for an overpaid Versteeg, good player in Carter, and a inconsistent at times rookie in Bobrovsky.

Closed Thread