HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flyers - Panthers

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-11-2011, 02:10 PM
  #1
patches67
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Flyers - Panthers

To Florida:

Jeff Carter
Kris Versteeg
Sergei Bobrovsky

To Philadelphia:

Jacob Markstrom
Erik Gudbransson
3rd overall pick

Florida has $30 million to spend to get to the cap floor, and while I wouldn't want to give up Carter, Gudbransson fills a future need for an aging defense. If broken down, I look at it as, Carter for Gudbransson and 3rd overall, with Bobrovsky and Versteeg (salary dump) going over for Markstrom.

Philly gets two top notch prospects, and their choice at #3. They also move Bobrovsky, but can sign a cheap back up to play behind Bryzgalov (once signed). Boucher can fill the role for under a million.

In turn, Florida takes on part of the salary needed, Tallon gets his man in Versteeg, and fills his #1 center role with Carter, moving Weiss to the second line where he should be. They also get a solid, NHL ready goaltender to back up Vokoun, who would then be signed to a shorter deal (2-3 years), while getting a portion of the games taken off of him.

Thoughts??
(Also, I read an article that had a few of these proposals in place, I kind of pieced together a trade that I felt made sense.)

patches67 is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 02:15 PM
  #2
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,051
vCash: 500
nope

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 02:20 PM
  #3
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Marvelous Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,349
vCash: 50
I actually can't see Florida doing that.

They give up their entire future, and become a #8-11 team.

Marvelous Manked is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 02:33 PM
  #4
Boooooth10
Registered User
 
Boooooth10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 6,282
vCash: 500
Two terrible Flyers - Panthers proposals today.

Boooooth10 is online now  
Old
06-11-2011, 02:36 PM
  #5
UConn126
Bass Player.
 
UConn126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: West Hartford, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 3,678
vCash: 500
Horrible deal for Florida. To get that package, Philly would have to add big time.

Carter for the 3rd straight up would probably be fair, as the third isn't guaranteed to be a quality NHLer where as Carter is one, but after that, Gudbranson+Markstrom>>>>>>>Versteeg+Bobrovsky.

UConn126 is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 02:48 PM
  #6
patches67
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
It's possible my value is off.. but to say that Carter is only worth the 3rd overall in a weak draft is preposterous! Carter is a proven first line player who has the capability of potting 35-50 goals. He is worth the 3rd overall + a young defensive prospect in Gudbranson with out a doubt.

patches67 is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 02:49 PM
  #7
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666
 
internetdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Capital O
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,646
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Same nickname or not, this must be the same dude who posted that other horrendously one-sided FLO-PHI proposal. Terrible.

internetdotcom is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 02:50 PM
  #8
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666
 
internetdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Capital O
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,646
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by patches67 View Post
It's possible my value is off.. but to say that Carter is only worth the 3rd overall in a weak draft is preposterous! Carter is a proven first line player who has the capability of potting 35-50 goals. He is worth the 3rd overall + a young defensive prospect in Gudbranson with out a doubt.
Ya think?

Understatement of the year.

internetdotcom is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 02:59 PM
  #9
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn126 View Post
Carter for the 3rd straight up would probably be fair
Typical hfboards...............prospects better than "star" players in the league. This is just laughable

Spongolium* is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 03:00 PM
  #10
patches67
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
What if I changed it to,

Panthers get:

Carter
Versteeg
Bobrovsky

Flyers get:

3rd overall
Markstrom
Santorelli

??

patches67 is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 03:06 PM
  #11
Kaen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patches67 View Post
It's possible my value is off.. but to say that Carter is only worth the 3rd overall in a weak draft is preposterous! Carter is a proven first line player who has the capability of potting 35-50 goals. He is worth the 3rd overall + a young defensive prospect in Gudbranson with out a doubt.
He is worth the 3rd overall plus a decent prospect or player, but not 3rd and Gudbrandson. But I doubt Florida would even give up 3rd overall, they're taking the long route to rebuild and doing it properly. Making a deal like this would ruin that plan.

Kaen is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 03:10 PM
  #12
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patches67 View Post
It's possible my value is off.. but to say that Carter is only worth the 3rd overall in a weak draft is preposterous! Carter is a proven first line player who has the capability of potting 35-50 goals. He is worth the 3rd overall + a young defensive prospect in Gudbranson with out a doubt.
Not close. Florida would never offer that. Why can't people look at trade history to see that no one is close to the value fans think they are??

Laus723 is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 03:12 PM
  #13
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patches67 View Post
What if I changed it to,

Panthers get:

Carter
Versteeg
Bobrovsky

Flyers get:

3rd overall
Markstrom
Santorelli

??
No! Why move Markstrom? Especially for Bobs? Not a knock on him, he did well enough this season, but all Florida has to do is sign a guy while Markstrom continues to grow.

Laus723 is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 03:29 PM
  #14
LEIFey
Context Matters!
 
LEIFey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 7,298
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Why would the Flyers want Markstrom? He's a great prospect, but he's not really something the Flyers need...

And Carter for the 3rd overall and Gudbranson would require the Flyers to throw something else in. I think Florida would be better off just keeping their young guys and staying the course with the build.

LEIFey is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 03:31 PM
  #15
keslerburrows
Registered User
 
keslerburrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vernon, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,745
vCash: 500
Why would Tallon consider that? Markstom>Bobrovsky, Gudbranson>Carle, Carter>3rd Overall ( Landeskog, Huberdeau, Couturier.)

So a NHL ready goaltender, An NHL ready stud (Gud), and a almost NHL ready 2nd line center soon to be a 1st line center for a - Backup goalie, a much hated d-man by most flyer fans, and a 1st line winger.

Im a go with a no.

keslerburrows is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 03:37 PM
  #16
TSA0402
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,214
vCash: 500
Cause its in a rebuilding teams best interest to trade their three best prospects in one deal right?

TSA0402 is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 03:39 PM
  #17
Rschmitz
Registered User
 
Rschmitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Tampa Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 4,607
vCash: 500
Florida had contract issues with gudbrandson, yet you think they are going to dump assets into carter? Florida needs to do a solid rebuild, with some good free agent pick ups they can be competitive. Then they might consider to give up youth.

Rschmitz is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 03:48 PM
  #18
Heaters not lazt*
 
Heaters not lazt*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,905
vCash: 500
Adding Bobrovsky/Markstrom isn't really needed.

Kulikov and #3 for Carter and Versteeg? Tough to swallow for Florida

Heaters not lazt* is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 04:53 PM
  #19
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close
 
SeanVT395's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 3,126
vCash: 500
I would totally do Carter for Gudbranson +3rd overall mainly because I'm a huge fan of both Gudbranson and Larsson and I would probably go insane if the Flyers acquired both of them, and with Edmonton and Colorado picking 1st and 2nd i'd imagine Larsson going third is entirely realistic.

By the time Timonen and Pronger are on the decline in the forseeable future they would already have two franchise D-men to replace them



A pipe dream at best I suppose

SeanVT395 is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 04:53 PM
  #20
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patches67 View Post
To Florida:

Jeff Carter
Kris Versteeg
Sergei Bobrovsky

To Philadelphia:

Jacob Markstrom
Erik Gudbransson
3rd overall pick

Florida has $30 million to spend to get to the cap floor, and while I wouldn't want to give up Carter, Gudbransson fills a future need for an aging defense. If broken down, I look at it as, Carter for Gudbransson and 3rd overall, with Bobrovsky and Versteeg (salary dump) going over for Markstrom.

Philly gets two top notch prospects, and their choice at #3. They also move Bobrovsky, but can sign a cheap back up to play behind Bryzgalov (once signed). Boucher can fill the role for under a million.

In turn, Florida takes on part of the salary needed, Tallon gets his man in Versteeg, and fills his #1 center role with Carter, moving Weiss to the second line where he should be. They also get a solid, NHL ready goaltender to back up Vokoun, who would then be signed to a shorter deal (2-3 years), while getting a portion of the games taken off of him.

Thoughts??
(Also, I read an article that had a few of these proposals in place, I kind of pieced together a trade that I felt made sense.)
Thanks you bailed me out. I like my post better

Hockeypete49 is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 05:39 PM
  #21
JCameron418
Registered User
 
JCameron418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,448
vCash: 500
Counter Proposal:

The entire Flyers Organization for the entire Panthers organization.

I hope Chris Pronger doesn't get sunburnt too easily.

JCameron418 is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 05:51 PM
  #22
dookie88
Registered User
 
dookie88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanVT395 View Post
I would totally do Carter for Gudbranson +3rd overall mainly because I'm a huge fan of both Gudbranson and Larsson and I would probably go insane if the Flyers acquired both of them, and with Edmonton and Colorado picking 1st and 2nd i'd imagine Larsson going third is entirely realistic.

By the time Timonen and Pronger are on the decline in the forseeable future they would already have two franchise D-men to replace them



A pipe dream at best I suppose
The probability of Gudbranson becoming a franchise D are pretty low, in my estimation.

That being said, I'd consider Versteeg+Carter for Gudbranson+3rd overall.
Of course only if Bryz is signed and we have a realistic shot at Gagne for a reasonable price.

dookie88 is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 06:04 PM
  #23
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close
 
SeanVT395's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 3,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
The probability of Gudbranson becoming a franchise D are pretty low, in my estimation.

That being said, I'd consider Versteeg+Carter for Gudbranson+3rd overall.
Of course only if Bryz is signed and we have a realistic shot at Gagne for a reasonable price.
Your estimation is probably not that far off, but like I said, it was just sort of a dream scenario. Realistically I wouldn't want it to happen.

I've been preaching the last three seasons that Carter isn't expendable to the Flyers but if Holmgren was absolutely dead set on Trading him for picks / prospects that would be the kind of return I would want.

I would break it down as:

To FLA:
Carter
Carle / Versteeg (salary dump, Florida needs to hit the floor somehow...)

To PHI:
Gudbranson
Larsson / Hamilton / Landeskog
Bryzgalov


Last edited by SeanVT395: 06-11-2011 at 06:09 PM.
SeanVT395 is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 06:12 PM
  #24
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 103,482
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
Why would Tallon consider that? Markstom>Bobrovsky, Gudbranson>Carle, Carter>3rd Overall ( Landeskog, Huberdeau, Couturier.)

So a NHL ready goaltender, An NHL ready stud (Gud), and a almost NHL ready 2nd line center soon to be a 1st line center for a - Backup goalie, a much hated d-man by most flyer fans, and a 1st line winger.

Im a go with a no.
Bobrovsky > Marsktrom

I will take the young proven NHL goalie over someone who has yet to play in an NHL game

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 06:13 PM
  #25
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,525
vCash: 500
That's bad on so many levels. A 3rd overall in a deep draft, Gudbranson, who has a very bright future, and their goalie of the future, Markstrom for an overpaid Versteeg, good player in Carter, and a inconsistent at times rookie in Bobrovsky.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.