HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Howard Eskin of 610 WIP: Front Office Open to Trading Richards or Carter

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Ghost of Downie*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
Aren't you the guy who said he knows that Carter will get traded prior to the 2010 playoffs?

Yeah, I won't hold my breath on anything happening what you write.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...7#post26352197

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...0#post26371330

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...1#post26390671

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...4#post26351404

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...7#post26346717

No offense, man, but your source wasn't accurate last year.

Old
06-11-2011, 06:02 PM
MsWoof

Your move, Renegade!

Old
06-11-2011, 06:05 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Your move, Renegade!
He's walking his dog named "Source" !

Old
06-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Guest123

Yes I took a lot of heat last year because of this. I cannot explain why it did not happen last year and why Homer would sign him to this deal. All I know is that I trust what my source hears. Last year I was not willing to divulge my source to anyone but today I confirmed it with Hollywood. Sometimes things change I guess... its hard when you want to share information with fellow hockey fans but have to be discreet.

I do know that my source accurately predicted the Gagne deal and that the Flyers were after Zherdev.

It looks bad for me right now but hopefully I will get some support and interest.

Old
06-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Yes I took a lot of heat last year because of this. I cannot explain why it did not happen last year and why Homer would sign him to this deal. All I know is that I trust what my source hears. Last year I was not willing to divulge my source to anyone but today I confirmed it with Hollywood. Sometimes things change I guess... its hard when you want to share information with fellow hockey fans but have to be discreet.

I do know that my source accurately predicted the Gagne deal and that the Flyers were after Zherdev.

It looks bad for me right now but hopefully I will get some support and interest.
Again, I get your source being wrong on the Carter deal, but the Gagne deal wasn't exactly out of left field once we went over the cap. Can't really remember the circumstances surrounding the Zherdev deal.

Old
06-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Guest123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
Again, I get your source being wrong on the Carter deal, but the Gagne deal wasn't exactly out of left field once we went over the cap. Can't really remember the circumstances surrounding the Zherdev deal.
My source accurately told me who was coming back in the deal. No one could have predicted that.

Old
06-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
My source accurately told me who was coming back in the deal. No one could have predicted that.
Touche. Any chance you could PM me who it is?

Old
06-11-2011, 06:15 PM
dookie88

Quote:

How can Hollywood confirm your source exactly?
And even if he can, why hasn't he showed up previously to do that?

You may get interest but as long as you're 0 for as many "predictions" you made, you probably won't get support.
And rightfully so.

Old
06-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Hollywood Couturier

The correct channels are being gone through at the moment. I know who Renegade's source is and I am choosing to believe it. The source is placed high up in the Flyers organization and at Renegade's request I will not be divulging who exactly it is.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
06-11-2011, 06:21 PM
Guest123

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
How can Hollywood confirm your source exactly?
And even if he can, why hasn't he showed up previously to do that?

You may get interest but as long as you're 0 for as many "predictions" you made, you probably won't get support.
And rightfully so.
I'm sorry Ghost. I can't divulge. Maybe Hollywood can come on and say that if my source is true... it's a pretty reliable one.

I asked him if he wanted to know and he said it would be nice per the rules. I gave him a name and link to follow. He saw the connection and if he wants further proof... I'll discuss it with him in the future.

I hope to redeem myself but in the age of twitter, it's awfully hard to get information out fast enough.

Old
06-11-2011, 06:21 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
When did you post that we'd be getting Matt Walker and a 4th?

Old
06-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Guest123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
The correct channels are being gone through at the moment. I know who Renegade's source is and I am choosing to believe it. The source is placed high up in the Flyers organization and at Renegade's request I will not be divulging who exactly it is.
Appreciate the faith and trust.

Old
06-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
Quote:
I'm sorry Ghost. I can't divulge. Maybe Hollywood can come on and say that if my source is true... it's a pretty reliable one.

I asked him if he wanted to know and he said it would be nice per the rules. I gave him a name and link to follow. He saw the connection and if he wants further proof... I'll discuss it with him in the future.

I hope to redeem myself but in the age of twitter, it's awfully hard to get information out fast enough.
All right, no problem, just was curious.

Old
06-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Norm MacDonald

Quote:

A random HF poster who is providing "inside info" based on a source they can't name can only become less credible if he is consistently wrong. Besides, if this "source" is confiding this sort of information with you, why would you post it on HF?

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 06-11-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old
06-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Bryz4shiz

I honestly don't even know how angry I will be if the Flyers trade Richards. A healthy Mike Richards is a perennial 30 goal scorer, good for 45+ assists, crushing hits, and Selke quality defense. You just don't rip out the teams heart and give it to another team.

Old
06-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Fulton44*

Listen, I don't know if this means he and his source are legit, but I can say this about Renegade.

Earlier today on the rumors board he said that Columbus had offered Moore, and Atkinson for Carter and that the Flyers turned it down.
About 30 minutes later *********** tweeted that a deal sending Carter to Columbus was close, and that Moore, Atkinson, and the 8th overall pick had been offered and turned down by the Flyers.

Also, a question for you Renegade. You said that Voracek, Filatov, and the 8th overall pick for Mike Richards has been offered. I would be curious to know which side made this offer, Columbus or Philly?

Thanks dude.

Old
06-11-2011, 07:27 PM
ELab2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10KeithLeClair25 View Post
I honestly don't even know how angry I will be if the Flyers trade Richards. A healthy Mike Richards is a perennial 30 goal scorer, good for 45+ assists, crushing hits, and Selke quality defense. You just don't rip out the teams heart and give it to another team.
If he played like that all the time no one would even think about trading him, but he doesn't. He's gotten either too injured to play that way or too wrapped up in the numbers and has moved to a more finesse game. When Richards plays LIKE he's a third line center, he's a GREAT hockey player (still capable of putting a point/game as he did in his breakout season), but he rarely plays like that anymore.

Old
06-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Fulton44*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10KeithLeClair25 View Post
There might just be some pretty serious off ice issues with Mike Richards for them to be willing to trade him, wouldn't you think?

Old
06-11-2011, 07:29 PM
The Flin Flon Bomber

My highly placed source has just confirmed that...

The bird is the word.

More germane to the topic. Good rule of thumb to have-Don't ever trade your captain (especially one who's signed super longterm). Doesn't play well in the locker room, methinks. Unless of course, he's become a severe detriment to your team somehow.

Old
06-11-2011, 07:36 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Listen... ridicule me all you want.

I'm not going to argue with you. I don't expect you to believe that my source is a good one... but it is. I cannot tell you who my source is but

Carter will be traded. Most likely West.

I wish I could prove it to you and stop you in your tracks and say.. hmm that's a pretty good source.. but I can't.

If I'm wrong then I'll leave this board and let you guys just make fun of people behind your computer screen.
Ahem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm MacDonald View Post
A random HF poster who is providing "inside info" based on a source they can't name can only become less credible if he is consistently wrong. Besides, if this "source" is confiding this sort of information with you, why would you post it on HF?
Apparently we're allowed to play house...err i mean armchair GM on hfboards, it's like giving yourself super powers by dropping names. We now have ourselves a "true" Insider. The only thing about the new prediction? It's being covered everywhere, if a trade with Columbus goes through involving Carter, everyone and their grandmother speculated on it.

Old
06-11-2011, 07:39 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
If he played like that all the time no one would even think about trading him, but he doesn't. He's gotten either too injured to play that way or too wrapped up in the numbers and has moved to a more finesse game. When Richards plays LIKE he's a third line center, he's a GREAT hockey player (still capable of putting a point/game as he did in his breakout season), but he rarely plays like that anymore.
Maybe he's trying to play a finesse game because the duds on his wings can't put the damned puck in the net. Meanwhile, you see the Briere line kept intact all season long even though they struggled hugely after the break. Meanwhile, Carter/Roo/JvR get to play together with Zherdev occasionally taking a spot while Richards gets the likes of Nodl and Carcillo and very rarely JvR or Roo.

Old
06-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Guest123

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
Ahem.

Apparently we're allowed to play house...err i mean armchair GM on hfboards, it's like giving yourself super powers by dropping names. We now have ourselves a "true" Insider. The only thing about the new prediction? It's being covered everywhere, if a trade with Columbus goes through involving Carter, everyone and their grandmother speculated on it.
I was waiting for you to show up. About time.

To the poster who asked why I'd post, honestly I really shouldn't be. But we are a collective group of people who love hockey. If me posting was detrimental at any point, I would instantly stop. He has asked me to hold off on posting further things until things calm down.

Fulton... glad you posted that. Like I said, It at least means that my source has accurate information. Columbus offered the deal. You will not see Homer sending offers out involving Richards.

Old
06-11-2011, 07:51 PM
JABEE

Renegade, what is Bryzgalov signing for and what other things have you been told?

Old
06-11-2011, 07:54 PM
decadentia

Quote:
I was waiting for you to show up. About time.

To the poster who asked why I'd post, honestly I really shouldn't be. But we are a collective group of people who love hockey. If me posting was detrimental at any point, I would instantly stop. He has asked me to hold off on posting further things until things calm down.

Fulton... glad you posted that. Like I said, It at least means that my source has accurate information. Columbus offered the deal. You will not see Homer sending offers out involving Richards.
Don't blame me, I didn't bring up your previous fortune tellings this time.

Old
06-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Bryz4shiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulton44 View Post
There might just be some pretty serious off ice issues with Mike Richards for them to be willing to trade him, wouldn't you think?
I imagine the serious off ice issue is that Paul Holmgren is this teams GM

Closed Thread