HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flyers - Panthers

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Joey Moss
Proud to select...

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Typical hfboards...............prospects better than "star" players in the league. This is just laughable
Don't even act like you wouldn't do this trade.

That is a ridiculous overpayment for a guy who's going to score 35G 75P in a good season. He's had one better season than that and he's overrated now.

Markstrom, Gudbranson and 3rd overall are likely to turn out to be very good pieces in the future. Top end prospects usually don't bust. Maybe that's why they are highly valued on HF?

Old
06-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn126 View Post
Horrible deal for Florida. To get that package, Philly would have to add big time.

Carter for the 3rd straight up would probably be fair, as the third isn't guaranteed to be a quality NHLer where as Carter is one, but after that, Gudbranson+Markstrom>>>>>>>Versteeg+Bobrovsky.
You ******** me?

Carter is one of the top five goal scorers in the league. I wouldn't trade him for the first over all. Bobrovsky was a decent starter in the NHL last year. Markstrom wasn't even in the NHL last year. Gudbranson hasn't played anything other than junior hockey and Versteeg has been a 20 goal scorer for each of the last three seasons.

You're nuts.

Old
06-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Bryz4shiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanVT395 View Post
I would break it down as:

To FLA:
Carter
Carle / Versteeg (salary dump, Florida needs to hit the floor somehow...)

To PHI:
Gudbranson
Larsson / Hamilton / Landeskog
Bryzgalov
So we get two question marks for one of the best goal scorers in the game (who also happens to be a great two-way forward) and a top 4 dman... I don't like this and neither do the Panthers

Old
06-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Don't even act like you wouldn't do this trade.

That is a ridiculous overpayment for a guy who's going to score 35G 75P in a good season. He's had one better season than that and he's overrated now.
That's what he scores in an average season. In a good season he can get you 45. His work in his own end is also very very good and he's a good face off man as well. He's also signed for 5.2 million for the rest of his career. You're trading for a guy who is a top 5 goal scorer in the league, at a good price, for a long time. That's worth a lot.

Old
06-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

I also don't understand why we're getting Markstom in a trade that would only be happening so that we could make room to sign Ilya Bryzgalov. That makes zero sense.

Old
06-11-2011, 06:46 PM
JAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Bobrovsky > Marsktrom

I will take the young proven NHL goalie over someone who has yet to play in an NHL game
Bobrovsky only has proven that he can be inconsistent, and that he isn't the answer to the Flyers' goaltending situation.

Old
06-11-2011, 06:47 PM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAK View Post
Bobrovsky only has proven that he can be inconsistent, and that he isn't the answer to the Flyers' goaltending situation.
Yeah he sucks.

Old
06-11-2011, 06:49 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Why does people always think it's okay to screw the Panthers over?! Do we really have to deal with all this ****?! Try to put yourself in our situation, jesus!! You don't move assets like that when you're re-building.

Even as good as Carter is, there is a big risk taking on a contract that lasts until 2022. Taking on a 10 year contract is risky and ruin a lot of Carters value in a trade.

Markström, Gudbranson, Kulikov and the 3rd overall pick is UNTOUCHABLE, is it really that hard to get?!

Old
06-11-2011, 07:02 PM
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10KeithLeClair25 View Post
So we get two question marks for one of the best goal scorers in the game (who also happens to be a great two-way forward) and a top 4 dman... I don't like this and neither do the Panthers
If you read my full post you would have noticed I was just analyzing the trade, I said I wouldn't do it from either perspective.

I know that Carter isn't and is extremely far from a salary dump but you act as if Carle or Versteeg aren't expendeble when the reality is the Flyers have to shed the contract of one of their better players without any salary coming back if Bryzgalov or even Vokoun were to be signed.

It's still a no-go though since Holmgren (like you said) isn't going to trade one of the best goal scorers in the league for future pieces and tallon isn't going to trade important futures in his efforts to rebuild the franchise, let alone take on a contract worth just shy of $60m with the income that the Panthers have.

Last edited by SeanVT395: 06-11-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old
06-11-2011, 07:21 PM
billysbreakdown

vCash: 235
Panthers gets screwed over so badly in 90% of HF proposals... and people think it's ok.

Old
06-11-2011, 07:54 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

the goalies thrown in seem unnecessary. so then keeping the core parts, I think the trade looks something like

Carter for Gudbranson and the 3rd overall which is ridiiiiiiiculously in Philly's favor. If Philly is really looking to move Carter, I think they would take Carter for the 3rd overall and some good-to-marginal prospect. If Gundbrason is involved, Philly will need to add a BIG piece which I don't think they have to give.

something like
Carter for 3rd overall and Quinton Howden or John Macfarland. 3rd overall is gonna be a gooooood player. Huberduberdeau, Larsson, Landeskog. Take your pick. I could see bottom 6 type also included into the deal.

Old
06-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA View Post
Panthers gets screwed over so badly in 90% of HF proposals... and people think it's ok.
One team gets screwed-over in 99% of the trade proposals on HFBoards. Now there are probably 9 times as many fans of other teams proposing trades to you as there are Panthers fans proposing trades to other teams. There's your 90%. There's also the over valuing of your assets because you don't have very many good ones, so you covet them. Stop crying, everything actually is okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Why does people always think it's okay to screw the Panthers over?! Do we really have to deal with all this ****?! Try to put yourself in our situation, jesus!! You don't move assets like that when you're re-building.

Even as good as Carter is, there is a big risk taking on a contract that lasts until 2022. Taking on a 10 year contract is risky and ruin a lot of Carters value in a trade.

Markström, Gudbranson, Kulikov and the 3rd overall pick is UNTOUCHABLE, is it really that hard to get?!
Understanding something is untouchable is well and good, but nobody is trying to "screw you over". You're giving up what are essentially futures for more known quantities. If everything works out with the prospects and picks you send, the value would be fair for Philly. Everything could easily not work out with those prospects. That risk lowers trade value far more than a bargain contract for a player of Carter's caliber.

Old
06-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
the goalies thrown in seem unnecessary. so then keeping the core parts, I think the trade looks something like

Carter for Gudbranson and the 3rd overall which is ridiiiiiiiculously in Philly's favor. If Philly is really looking to move Carter, I think they would take Carter for the 3rd overall and some good-to-marginal prospect. If Gundbrason is involved, Philly will need to add a BIG piece which I don't think they have to give.

something like
Carter for 3rd overall and Quinton Howden or John Macfarland. 3rd overall is gonna be a gooooood player. Huberduberdeau, Larsson, Landeskog. Take your pick. I could see bottom 6 type also included into the deal.
3rd overall could be a "goooood" player. Or they could suck. Carter is a great player right now. There aren't that many guys who play all three zones as well as Carter....Datsyuk, Crosby, Toews, Kesler, maybe Getzlaf.....Thorton's been pretty good recently. There's not that many guys.

Old
06-11-2011, 08:14 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
something like
Oh my.. Florida would never touch this.

People need to realize that the fact that Carters contract has 10 years left is gonna hurt his value. It will look good now, but who knows what will happen in two, three or five years? That contract is dangerous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Understanding something is untouchable is well and good, but nobody is trying to "screw you over". You're giving up what are essentially futures for more known quantities. If everything works out with the prospects and picks you send, the value would be fair for Philly. Everything could easily not work out with those prospects. That risk lowers trade value far more than a bargain contract for a player of Carter's caliber.
We know that most proposal fail, so we chose to not propose something retarded and look like douchbags.

"Fair" value, if two of three would work out well, then the Panthers would be ****ed so hard. Don't you get that a 10 year contract hurts a players value, because it involves a big risk. Maybe the player get's hurt or is over the top.

Florida in a rebuilding would never give up three massive assets for 10 years of Carter (which is a very risky move). Carter isn't worth it when he got a contract like that. No GM in their right mind would trade one of this assets+ for Carter because it ruins the rebuild! And I'm gonna say it again: Carters contract is dangerous and will ruin a lot of his value in a trade.

Old
06-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

You don't seem to understand that your assets aren't proper assets yet. Their value is speculative. This carries for more risk than "what if Jeff Carter gets injured". If Jeff Carter doesn't get injured it'll be a miracle, it's hockey. What if Gudbranson and who gets taken with the 3rd pick actually suck? That's a lot more likely than Jeff Carter suffering a career ending injury any time soon. And it's not like he's on an over 35 contract. If he gets injured to the point that he can't play anymore, you're off the hook for his contract cap-wise anyway.

You can bang on the drum about his contract length all you want, but the fact that you're getting the quality of player you are for 5.2 million more than makes up for it. Comparable players usually make $7 million on deals that are still good and long, and aren't available for trade.

Quote:
Florida in a rebuilding would never give up three massive assets for 10 years of Carter (which is a very risky move). Carter isn't worth it when he got a contract like that. No GM in their right mind would trade one of this assets+ for Carter because it ruins the rebuild!
Wow, you just said that. It's pretty clear to me that you first and foremost don't understand the caliber of player that Carter is, nor what a prospect should really be worth relative to a proven commodity, nor the rarity of a player like Carter being available for trade at all. I'm done.

Last edited by Giroux tha Damaja: 06-11-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old
06-11-2011, 08:40 PM
ted1971
History Of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Cause its in a rebuilding teams best interest to trade their three best prospects in one deal right?
But hasn't Florida been " rebuilding" now for 10 years or so?

Old
06-11-2011, 08:43 PM
ted1971
History Of Hockey

Quote:
You ******** me?

Carter is one of the top five goal scorers in the league. I wouldn't trade him for the first over all. Bobrovsky was a decent starter in the NHL last year. Markstrom wasn't even in the NHL last year. Gudbranson hasn't played anything other than junior hockey and Versteeg has been a 20 goal scorer for each of the last three seasons.

You're nuts.
I'll drive " Cartise" to the airport for the 1st overall pick. Carter is so overrated by Flyers fans that it isn't even funny anymore. Talk about being Homers.

Old
06-11-2011, 08:48 PM
ted1971
History Of Hockey

Quote:
3rd overall could be a "goooood" player. Or they could suck. Carter is a great player right now. There aren't that many guys who play all three zones as well as Carter....Datsyuk, Crosby, Toews, Kesler, maybe Getzlaf.....Thorton's been pretty good recently. There's not that many guys.
Carter is far from a great player right now. Too inconsistant and only plays when the spirit moves Him. Also, He has that small problem of coming up small in the playoffs.

Old
06-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted1971 View Post
I'll drive " Cartise" to the airport for the 1st overall pick. Carter is so overrated by Flyers fans that it isn't even funny anymore. Talk about being Homers.
The numbers don't lie my friend. We didn't make those goals up, his +/- over the last three years isn't a fairy tale.

I tell you what, get some Penguins fans in here and ask them what they think about his game.

Old
06-11-2011, 08:50 PM
ted1971
History Of Hockey

Quote:
Oh my.. Florida would never touch this.

People need to realize that the fact that Carters contract has 10 years left is gonna hurt his value. It will look good now, but who knows what will happen in two, three or five years? That contract is dangerous!

We know that most proposal fail, so we chose to not propose something retarded and look like douchbags.

"Fair" value, if two of three would work out well, then the Panthers would be ****ed so hard. Don't you get that a 10 year contract hurts a players value, because it involves a big risk. Maybe the player get's hurt or is over the top.

Florida in a rebuilding would never give up three massive assets for 10 years of Carter (which is a very risky move). Carter isn't worth it when he got a contract like that. No GM in their right mind would trade one of this assets+ for Carter because it ruins the rebuild! And I'm gonna say it again: Carters contract is dangerous and will ruin a lot of his value in a trade.
I can't stand Carter, but You are wrong when You say that He isn't worth that much. He's worth alot to alot of teams, like the Panthers, who need someone who puts the puck in the net. Just don't expect alot out of Him during the playoffs. The playoff part really shouldn't matter to Florida since They are always watching Them on the T.V. instead of playing in Them.

Old
06-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
I can't stand Carter, but You are wrong when You say that He isn't worth that much. He's worth alot to alot of teams, like the Panthers, who need someone who puts the puck in the net. Just don't expect alot out of Him during the playoffs.
Quote:
Carter is far from a great player right now. Too inconsistant and only plays when the spirit moves Him. Also, He has that small problem of coming up small in the playoffs.

In the last three years he's blown out his shoulder one year, played 20 play-off games on two broken feet, and blown his knee up. Tell the whole story.

Quote:
I can't stand Carter
Well there you have it. Makes sense.

Old
06-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Typical hfboards...............prospects better than "star" players in the league. This is just laughable
carter is not a star, capeche?

he is a good player nothing more and nothing less

Old
06-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
This one's no better than the first one. Closed. Please think before you propose a deal between these two teams everyone. Please.

Old
06-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
carter is not a star, capeche?

he is a good player nothing more and nothing less
He scores more goals than anyone on your (damn fine) hockey team. What does he have to do to be a star?

Closed Thread