HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Re-evaluate Henrik based on this interesting Post Season

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-11-2011, 09:54 PM
  #26
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream
 
Ave Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,459
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
That's a reasonable assessment of hank. He's a top five regular season goalie based on his #'s since 05/06. We are still waiting for him to play out of his mind and carry his team deeper into the playoffs much like john davidson did in '79.


YOU ARE NOT A RANGERS FAN

Ave Maria is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 10:03 PM
  #27
Blue Line Monster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
LMAO at Fleury being better then Henrik. You're not a Rangers fan (probably some swamp rat or fish stick troll) so get the F out

Henrik is a top 3, top 5 at most goalie. Without him we'd be a bottom dweller for the last 5 or so years
Exactly. Say what you want about the future, but right now, we're one of the least talented teams in the league(offensively). No other goalie would've gotten us further.


And to the 1 guy everyone's arguing with(), you say Ward and Thomas carried average teams, well Carolina was 3rd in goals scored the year they won the Cup and the Bruins were around 3rd in goals scored this year for most of the season and past the all star break and I think finished 8th. These weren't some pathetic teams being dragged along by superhuman goaltenders while the almighty Rangers were being dragged down by Lundqvist.

Blue Line Monster is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 10:58 PM
  #28
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,130
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4tehwin95 View Post
obviously you cannot call yourself a real RANGER FAN, because he has had to deal with many shifts with the defense ahead of him and this to be the greatest set of defenseman he has and they are STILL improving. And he has been improving, he kept us in all 5 games. The only reason why the Caps came back in Game 4 is because of stupid bounces and laziness. AND Hank has improved his glovework over the past years because he has always had an amazing ground game. SO WATCH HIM PLAY AND PLAY HIS F#@KING HEART OUT EACH AND EVERY GAME. HE HAS STEPPED UP AND IS CONTINUING TO BE EVEN BETTER.
Don't you or anyone else for that matter tell me that I'm not a real ranger fan, chief. I have been going to their games and been a fan before you were spitting up on your mothers shoulder. The difference between you and me(and everybody else in my section 411) is that we don't look at our players thru "rose colored glasses" in saying that hank has improved his glovework(when in reality his overall game has not improved at all)-the great #'s he has put up in the regular have largely been a by product of a conservative 1-4 system employed by that mastermind tom renny from 05 thru feb, 09(when he was thankfully canned)- Has his glovework really improved? is his ground game really that amazing? Perhaps but we real fans still want to see it in the playoffs. Saying the caps came back in game 5 due to laziness and stupid bounces is kind of a cop out, don't you think?
I would never question hank's leadership and the fact that he does play his heart out and takes every loss personally. All I'm saying is that as our best player, he needs to play that way when it really matters, in the playoffs.

Glen Teflon Sather is online now  
Old
06-11-2011, 11:01 PM
  #29
JeffMangum
~Dylan~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 57,471
vCash: 500
What are you talking about? Lundqvist is the only reason both of those series against the Caps weren't sweeps -- he was, by far, their best player in the last two playoffs.

What is he supposed to do? Score goals? He can't win a series when the teams struggles to get to 2 goals.

__________________


Everything about you is bringing me misery.
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 11:20 PM
  #30
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,130
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
What are you talking about? Lundqvist is the only reason both of those series against the Caps weren't sweeps -- he was, by far, their best player in the last two playoffs.

What is he supposed to do? Score goals? He can't win a series when the teams struggles to get to 2 goals.
What is he supposed to do? How about not giving up a ridiculous bad angle goal to a washed up fedorov in the last 3 mins to lose the 09 series and how about not quitting on ovechkins ridiculous stuff shot in game#1 this year with 5 mins left to tie that game all bc hank expected to get a whistle and stopped playing the puck. ********! Other teams struggle to score goals in the playoffs, not just us. Are the bruins some kind of elite offensive machine having been shut out twice in the finals? No! But there they are in a game#6 because of an out of this world performance by their goalie tim thomas.
Get the picture, pal?

Glen Teflon Sather is online now  
Old
06-11-2011, 11:22 PM
  #31
Edgeworth*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,847
vCash: 500
Hank is consistently one of the top goaltenders in the league. Price, Thomas, Miller, Fleury (just for the one guy who assumed he was a top goaltender) even Ward, Bryzgalov, etc. all have ups and downs from season-to-season. Outside of Luongo there isn't anyone who comes close to his reliability and skill.

Edgeworth* is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 11:23 PM
  #32
JeffMangum
~Dylan~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 57,471
vCash: 500
He "gave up" on Ovechkin's goal in game 1?

Okay.

JeffMangum is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 11:26 PM
  #33
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,130
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
I think Miller is highly overrated, just in general. He had his one anomaly of a year last year, and aside from that, he has been above average at best.
You're out of your mind if you think miller is overrated!

Glen Teflon Sather is online now  
Old
06-11-2011, 11:28 PM
  #34
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,130
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
He "gave up" on Ovechkin's goal in game 1?

Okay.
He did, fool! The worst goalie in the league freezes that puck under his pads without allowing it to get stuffed in.

Glen Teflon Sather is online now  
Old
06-11-2011, 11:30 PM
  #35
Edgeworth*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
You're out of your mind if you think miller is overrated!
Miller is overrated, not highly overrated but I wouldn't put him in the discussion of Vezina like Thomas, Luongo, Lundqvist and Pavelec are.

Edgeworth* is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 11:33 PM
  #36
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,130
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
Hank is consistently one of the top goaltenders in the league. Price, Thomas, Miller, Fleury (just for the one guy who assumed he was a top goaltender) even Ward, Bryzgalov, etc. all have ups and downs from season-to-season. Outside of Luongo there isn't anyone who comes close to his reliability and skill.
Hank consistently puts up some of the best regular season stats. Once again, when he leads the rangers out of the first round let alone to a conf final or, heav en forbid, a stanley cup final, then get back to me! Until then dream on about him being the best goalie in the league.

Glen Teflon Sather is online now  
Old
06-11-2011, 11:38 PM
  #37
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Wouldn't trade him for any goalie in the league. Hank is the Rangers.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 11:41 PM
  #38
Edgeworth*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
Hank consistently puts up some of the best regular season stats. Once again, when he leads the rangers out of the first round let alone to a conf final or, heav en forbid, a stanley cup final, then get back to me! Until then dream on about him being the best goalie in the league.
I wouldn't blame Hank for the Rangers exit, I would blame people like Gaborik, especially when they swat the puck away from the goalie and let someone else get a goal.

The rangers have obvious issues, main ones being that top players weren't performing, Dubinsky led the team with TWO goals and was a -3. I wouldn't blame Lundqvist when only one player inched past 1 goal. This isn't a team with rock solid goaltending, it was the Caps with Varlamov/Neivurth, not Thomas/Rask.

Rangers lost because the offense slumped once again.

Edgeworth* is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 11:45 PM
  #39
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,387
vCash: 350
I've been saying that he's the best goalie in the league for a while now. I really don't care what anyone says. Put Hank on Detroit, Pittsburgh or Vancouver and you'd see dynasties. Once our team is properly built we'll be a serious threat of our own.

KingWantsCup is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 11:52 PM
  #40
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,130
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfamous View Post
Wouldn't trade him for any goalie in the league. Hank is the Rangers.
Not wanting to trade Hank for any other goalie in the league isn't the point.If the rangers don't break in to the elite level of teams sometime soon, I would consider trading Hank as he is probably the only player we have for which we could get a healthy return for. Of course right now this is merely hypothetical but the window of opportunity will close soon enough for Hank winning as a ranger. Sad as that may be, it is the truth.

Glen Teflon Sather is online now  
Old
06-11-2011, 11:56 PM
  #41
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,130
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
Miller is overrated, not highly overrated but I wouldn't put him in the discussion of Vezina like Thomas, Luongo, Lundqvist and Pavelec are.
Miller already won a vezina trophy last year. How many vezina trophies has Hank won? How many nominations has he had? Two, none since his first 2 yrs in the league, not even this year!

Glen Teflon Sather is online now  
Old
06-12-2011, 12:01 AM
  #42
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,387
vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
What is he supposed to do? How about not giving up a ridiculous bad angle goal to a washed up fedorov in the last 3 mins to lose the 09 series and how about not quitting on ovechkins ridiculous stuff shot in game#1 this year with 5 mins left to tie that game all bc hank expected to get a whistle and stopped playing the puck. ********! Other teams struggle to score goals in the playoffs, not just us. Are the bruins some kind of elite offensive machine having been shut out twice in the finals? No! But there they are in a game#6 because of an out of this world performance by their goalie tim thomas.
Get the picture, pal?
Are you serious? Redden screened Lundqvist and Fedorov took advantage. Lundqvist stopping that puck would have been pure luck. He wasn't able to see it. And the stuff in was horse **** and more the Refs' faults than his as he had covered the puck for quite a long time with no whistle being blown. How could you possibly pin anything on Lundqvist? He's the reason they're ever in the playoffs. Like others have said the man can't score goals. We have zero talent outside of Gaborik offensively, and guess what. Gaborik didn't show up in the playoffs. Give the man some credit. The team in front of him, as is, is not built to even sniff the conference finals, let alone the Stanley Cup finals.

KingWantsCup is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 12:01 AM
  #43
bscharf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
What is he supposed to do? How about not giving up a ridiculous bad angle goal to a washed up fedorov in the last 3 mins to lose the 09 series and how about not quitting on ovechkins ridiculous stuff shot in game#1 this year with 5 mins left to tie that game all bc hank expected to get a whistle and stopped playing the puck. ********! Other teams struggle to score goals in the playoffs, not just us. Are the bruins some kind of elite offensive machine having been shut out twice in the finals? No! But there they are in a game#6 because of an out of this world performance by their goalie tim thomas.
Get the picture, pal?
You are wrong on so many levels.

The guy had 30+ saves 3/5 games with one night getting 49 saves. If you watch ranger hockey and you think Hank is at all a reason why we didn't go deep in the playoffs i really have to question your hockey knowledge.

First off, hes the only reason they got to the playoffs. Amazing all year leading the league in shutouts and keeping them in every game.

Im not saying thomas hasnt been great but if his top line in the playoffs was avery-boyle-prust then they would have been out first round. Its not hanks fault that cally got hurt and gaborik was non existent.

Put Hank on the caps/lightning/flyers they win the cup.

bscharf is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 12:02 AM
  #44
Edgeworth*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
Miller already won a vezina trophy last year. How many vezina trophies has Hank won? How many nominations has he had? Two, none since his first 2 yrs in the league, not even this year!
Again, it's because he's so consistently good. The initial hype has died off, the Rangers haven't made progress so no one bothers to notice. If people picked players for trophies based on who was the best, Lundqvist would've won by now. He's like the Lidstrom of goaltenders. A lot of people win the award who I wouldn't take over Lundqvist. Besides it's not just about the goalie, it's about the defense infront of him. Thomas and Miller had better D in their Vezina-winning series then Lundqvist has had.

Edgeworth* is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 12:04 AM
  #45
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,130
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
I've been saying that he's the best goalie in the league for a while now. I really don't care what anyone says. Put Hank on Detroit, Pittsburgh or Vancouver and you'd see dynasties. Once our team is properly built we'll be a serious threat of our own.
Once our team is properly built?? How long have you been following the rangers and under what rock have you been living under? We have historically been the worst run organization and worst managed team of all of the original six teams and one of the worst run in all of hockey. who exactly is going to properly build this team? Glen Savior who's been on the job for 11 yrs now and hasn't done a blessed thing in that time? How have our draft picks been working out under Savior?
There's a reason why this team has won only one cup in 71 years!!

Glen Teflon Sather is online now  
Old
06-12-2011, 12:08 AM
  #46
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,130
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Are you serious? Redden screened Lundqvist and Fedorov took advantage. Lundqvist stopping that puck would have been pure luck. He wasn't able to see it. And the stuff in was horse **** and more the Refs' faults than his as he had covered the puck for quite a long time with no whistle being blown. How could you possibly pin anything on Lundqvist? He's the reason they're ever in the playoffs. Like others have said the man can't score goals. We have zero talent outside of Gaborik offensively, and guess what. Gaborik didn't show up in the playoffs. Give the man some credit. The team in front of him, as is, is not built to even sniff the conference finals, let alone the Stanley Cup finals.
Nice to finally hear another ranger fan admit it! This team is not even close to competing for a cup and I don't see them getting that much closer anytime soon.

Glen Teflon Sather is online now  
Old
06-12-2011, 12:08 AM
  #47
Edgeworth*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
Once our team is properly built?? How long have you been following the rangers and under what rock have you been living under? We have historically been the worst run organization and worst managed team of all of the original six teams and one of the worst run in all of hockey. who exactly is going to properly build this team? Glen Savior who's been on the job for 11 yrs now and hasn't done a blessed thing in that time? How have our draft picks been working out under Savior?
There's a reason why this team has won only one cup in 71 years!!
Post-original six era the Leafs could give you a serious run for your money. Read about Ballard before going on about awful management. Letting stars like Bernie Parent, Lanny MacDonald, Darryl Sittler, Dave Keon, Tiger Williams, I mean, it says alot about your organization when the only reason you signed a top Swedish defensemen was because your GM was in jail.

Honestly the Leafs have had worse luck/worse management then the Rangers. Sather makes great trades and awful signings but you still have a cup in the last 40 years.

Edgeworth* is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 12:13 AM
  #48
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater
 
Panfork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,377
vCash: 500
Year | Wins | SOs | GAA | Sv% | ES Sv%
08-09 38 3 2.43 91.6% 92.0%
09-10 35 4 2.38 92.1% 92.9%
10-11 36 11 2.28 92.3% 93.0%


Lundqvist isn't improving? He's improved his shutout count, GAA, Sv%, and Even Strength Sv% every year for the past 3 years. His glove has improved tremendously since 08-09. He still has some of the fastest reflexes in the league. On top of this, there isn't a more consistent goaltender out there that's of this caliber.

Seriously, why do you feel the need to completely bash the best thing the Rangers have going for them?

Panfork is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 12:16 AM
  #49
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,130
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
Again, it's because he's so consistently good. The initial hype has died off, the Rangers haven't made progress so no one bothers to notice. If people picked players for trophies based on who was the best, Lundqvist would've won by now. He's like the Lidstrom of goaltenders. A lot of people win the award who I wouldn't take over Lundqvist. Besides it's not just about the goalie, it's about the defense infront of him. Thomas and Miller had better D in their Vezina-winning series then Lundqvist has had.
Calling Hank the Lidstrom of goaltenders is beyond a joke and an insult to Lidstrom who has won 6 norris trophies, has over a 1000 points, has won 4 cups and put up over 60+ pts last year at age 41. Don't even think of comparing Hank as goalie to Lidstrom as a defenseman bc Lidstrom is one of the all time greats to ever play the game while Hank is merely the 3rd or 4th best goalie in ranger history behind giacomin, richter, to name two.

Glen Teflon Sather is online now  
Old
06-12-2011, 12:23 AM
  #50
Edgeworth*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
Calling Hank the Lidstrom of goaltenders is beyond a joke and an insult to Lidstrom who has won 6 norris trophies, has over a 1000 points, has won 4 cups and put up over 60+ pts last year at age 41. Don't even think of comparing Hank as goalie to Lidstrom as a defenseman bc Lidstrom is one of the all time greats to ever play the game while Hank is merely the 3rd or 4th best goalie in ranger history behind giacomin, richter, to name two.
I called him the Lidstrom of goaltending because I can't think of another goalie in the NHL I would take before him. If you put Hank on the Red Wings, or the Penguins, or any team with a competent forward corps he would probably have 3 or 4 cup rings already. You can't blame him for a putrid offense.

Edgeworth* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.