HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Howard Eskin of 610 WIP: Front Office Open to Trading Richards or Carter

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Guest123

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
Renegade, what is Bryzgalov signing for and what other things have you been told?
Early speculation was 6 for $36M. I wouldn't hold it to that though.

Old
06-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Don't crucify me but I have a friend very close to the situation. Very.

He said the following trade offer is true.

Voracek, Filatov, 8th

Except that it wasn't intended for Carter.

It was for Richards. FWIW
Quote:
I was waiting for you to show up. About time.

To the poster who asked why I'd post, honestly I really shouldn't be. But we are a collective group of people who love hockey. If me posting was detrimental at any point, I would instantly stop. He has asked me to hold off on posting further things until things calm down.

Fulton... glad you posted that. Like I said, It at least means that my source has accurate information. Columbus offered the deal. You will not see Homer sending offers out involving Richards.
Well, assuming your source is accurate and you're really in the know, you're being dramatic to get attention. There's a BIG difference in saying "Columbus offered Voracek, Filatov, 8th for Carter", and how you posted it. You clearly wanted people to think that the Flyers could be actively shopping Richards.

EDIT: Maybe you didn't mean to do it that way, but with all the rumors and speculation all over the place, this is just fanning the flames and is annoying to me.

Last edited by Jules801: 06-11-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old
06-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

Sorry Renegade, I don't believe you. No offense, but based on that history I can't be anything but skeptical.

I would be truely bitter at the Flyers if they traded Richie. I wouldn't even care if we got a good return for him. Columbus could literally open up their roster and say take anyone (including Nash) and I still wouldn't be happy with what we got.

All that said, I don't see a Richards trade happening. Blockbuster trades like this are very very rare. A GM puts his career on the line with one single move. If it fails, whole sale firings occur within organizations. It can set some teams back years, some even longer. Few GMs and owners are ready to take those risks, especially when they are the ones giving up the superstar.

Old
06-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Guest123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Well, assuming your source is accurate and you're really in the know, you're being dramatic to get attention. There's a BIG difference in saying "Columbus offered Voracek, Filatov, 8th for Carter", and how you posted it. You clearly wanted people to think that the Flyers could be actively shopping Richards.
Tell you what. I'll be dramatic elsewhere. If you really scrutinized my posts that much to find flaws in how I wrote my information then I am going to send a PM to Hollywood every time I hear something. If it happens before it hits the media, he can tell you that I broke it to him.

And how do you know the Flyers aren't listening to offer for Richards? I do not want him gone but maybe they are seeing what the offers are for him in the market.

@Coppy. That's fine. I've always respected your opinion on here so I have no problems with what you said and how you backed up your opinion. Maybe in the next week a report will come out that will confirm what I said. Who knows? I don't blame you for not believing. Like I said earlier, it's hard in a Twitter world to get your information out fast. Luckily, I work on computers for a living... so I might get that text and be able to share it with Hollywood.

Old
06-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10KeithLeClair25 View Post
I imagine the serious off ice issue is that Paul Holmgren is this teams GM
I lol'd.

Old
06-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Tell you what. I'll be dramatic elsewhere. If you really scrutinized my posts that much to find flaws in how I wrote my information then I am going to send a PM to Hollywood every time I hear something. If it happens before it hits the media, he can tell you that I broke it to him.

And how do you know the Flyers aren't listening to offer for Richards? I do not want him gone but maybe they are seeing what the offers are for him in the market.
It doesn't take much scrutiny to read your first, and then last post before I posted. You put it out there in a certain way - a way that alluded to Homer SHOPPING him. Could he be entertaining offers? Sure. But that's not how you put it.

All I'm saying is you're not selling papers here. You could have simply said "My source is telling me that Columbus offered XXX." You can clearly see the reaction/attention your post got, so I guess you got what you wanted.

Old
06-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:

@Coppy. That's fine. I've always respected your opinion on here so I have no problems with what you said and how you backed up your opinion. Maybe in the next week a report will come out that will confirm what I said. Who knows? I don't blame you for not believing. Like I said earlier, it's hard in a Twitter world to get your information out fast. Luckily, I work on computers for a living... so I might get that text and be able to share it with Hollywood.
I don't think we have a problem with you posting these reports, but just don't make things sound like a trade is imminent unless it actually is. The Richards one seemed like it was meant to build suspense.

Old
06-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Meh, I think we're being a little picky here. If you think he's full of crap, that's one thing. But so long as he is just writing the facts as he understands them, who gives a **** if it seems suspenseful? He can be as dramatic as he wants IMO. Anything he posts up here is just food for thought anyway until we hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

Old
06-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Meh, I think we're being a little picky here. If you think he's full of crap, that's one thing. But so long as he is just writing the facts as he understands them, who gives a **** if it seems suspenseful? He can be as dramatic as he wants IMO. Anything he posts up here is just food for thought anyway until we hear it straight from the horse's mouth.
No one's keeping him from posting. I just didn't like the unneeded (imo) suspense concerning the Captain and debatable heart of our team. To each their own.

Old
06-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
You think Holmgren's a horse? I always thought he was a jackass.

Old
06-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
No one's keeping him from posting. I just didn't like the unneeded (imo) suspense concerning the Captain and debatable heart of our team. To each their own.
Appreciated. I didn't read it the first post how you did. I read it as more of "wow, that's a bit of a surprise trade request.... but they turned it down". But likewise, to each their own.

Old
06-11-2011, 09:00 PM
DenverBoone

LOL at all the armchair GMs around here. Nobody wants to trade Richards, yet the front office is considering it. Everybody wants to trade Carle, yet the front office isn't considering it.

Old
06-11-2011, 09:03 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBoone View Post
LOL at all the armchair GMs around here. Nobody wants to trade Richards, yet the front office is considering it. Everybody wants to trade Carle, yet the front office isn't considering it.
Link?

Old
06-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

Quote:
If that happens, I'd be first in line to eat some crow, but I just don't see.

The Flyers seem to think (and I think most agree) that they are a goalie away from a Stanley Cup team. If they thought there was something wrong with the core of the team, a goalie would be the least of their worries.

Last edited by Coppy: 06-11-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old
06-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBoone View Post
We haven't even gotten close to the draft, no one knows what the front office is going to do.

I hope more that Carle is traded so that you can pull a Wolfy and follow him wherever he goes.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 06-11-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old
06-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Fulton44*

Renegade, keep on keepin' on brotha, don't let the haters bring you down.

Old
06-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Jumping

Nobody knows anything, including Paul Holmgren.

Everything is speculation.

Old
06-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumping View Post

Nothing could be more true.

Old
06-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

Quote:

You don't know that!

Old
06-11-2011, 10:36 PM
JABEE

Quote:

Headline tomorrow will be Drury and a 1st for Jeff Carter

Old
06-11-2011, 10:40 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

this thread has turned into one big facepalm

Old
06-11-2011, 10:48 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
this thread has turned into one big facepalm
Like most of Eskin's shows on WIP. Fitting.

Old
06-11-2011, 10:57 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Don't crucify me but I have a friend very close to the situation. Very.

He said the following trade offer is true.

Voracek, Filatov, 8th

Except that it wasn't intended for Carter.

It was for Richards. FWIW
LOL.
Filatov freakin blows. The 8th overall doesnt do enough for me for Carter, nmind Richards.
Come back with a better rumor next time.

Old
06-11-2011, 11:08 PM
ELab2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Maybe he's trying to play a finesse game because the duds on his wings can't put the damned puck in the net. Meanwhile, you see the Briere line kept intact all season long even though they struggled hugely after the break. Meanwhile, Carter/Roo/JvR get to play together with Zherdev occasionally taking a spot while Richards gets the likes of Nodl and Carcillo and very rarely JvR or Roo.
I don't think so. And if that's true it only suggests that he's got a low hockey IQ. He's supposed to be an all around player, when he's playing with finesse he doesn't do a lot of things for this team that he's supposed to do. He's also not capable of being a scoring machine on his own, he should realize that. So when you're playing with players like Nodl and Carcillo, use your strengths and play a mean gritty game and try to wear the other team down for your chances. He's stopped doing that 90% of the time.

Old
06-11-2011, 11:28 PM
BealeStreetTyrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
Headline tomorrow will be Drury and a 1st for Jeff Carter
BREAKING NEWS: This just in, Chris Drury Sucks. haha

Closed Thread