HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Re-evaluate Henrik based on this interesting Post Season

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2011, 11:27 PM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4tehwin95 View Post
YOU ARE NOT A RANGERS FAN
Fifty yrs a fan and counting fool!! I just don't have my head buried in the sand and I don't buy into the media hype and pr mumbo jumbo that they shove down your throat here about our players. You probably also believe that marc staal is this great shutdown defenseman too!
Lol!

Old
06-11-2011, 11:33 PM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Line Monster View Post
Exactly. Say what you want about the future, but right now, we're one of the least talented teams in the league(offensively). No other goalie would've gotten us further.

And to the 1 guy everyone's arguing with(), you say Ward and Thomas carried average teams, well Carolina was 3rd in goals scored the year they won the Cup and the Bruins were around 3rd in goals scored this year for most of the season and past the all star break and I think finished 8th. These weren't some pathetic teams being dragged along by superhuman goaltenders while the almighty Rangers were being dragged down by Lundqvist.
How do you know no other goalie would have gotten us further? That's just your opinion. Based on our stellar history, I really don't think Hank will be winning any cups as a ranger!

Old
06-11-2011, 11:35 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

There is not a single goalie playing today I would take over Henrik Lundqvist. Not 1. are there comparable goalies? Sure. But, Henrik has basically had to carry this team since he got here and has proven he can do it on the biggest stage the NHL has to offer. Henrik deserves better than some of our fans.

Old
06-11-2011, 11:42 PM
Blue Line Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
How do you know no other goalie would have gotten us further? That's just your opinion. Based on our stellar history, I really don't think Hank will be winning any cups as a ranger!
You keep going on about Thomas. Did you see Thomas's first round? First like 3 games he gave up multiple softies each game. You really think he gets past the 1st round if the most effective line in front of him was Avery-Boyle-Prust?

Old
06-11-2011, 11:43 PM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscharf View Post
You are wrong on so many levels.

The guy had 30+ saves 3/5 games with one night getting 49 saves. If you watch ranger hockey and you think Hank is at all a reason why we didn't go deep in the playoffs i really have to question your hockey knowledge.

First off, hes the only reason they got to the playoffs. Amazing all year leading the league in shutouts and keeping them in every game.

Im not saying thomas hasnt been great but if his top line in the playoffs was avery-boyle-prust then they would have been out first round. Its not hanks fault that cally got hurt and gaborik was non existent.

Put Hank on the caps/lightning/flyers they win the cup.
Bullcrap! The caps would not win the cup with Hank and I'm not so sure the flyers would either. Insofar as the lightning go, they had roloson in net and he has hisstorically been one of the very best playoff performers in the net. He took a lousy edmonton team to the cup final vs tampa bay in 06 and had he not gotten hurt, they probably would have won the cup that year. He also took the bolts to the conf final this year and lost in the 7th game. Don't see how the great hank would have made that much of a difference.

Last edited by Hollywood Hulk Hogan: 06-11-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Old
06-11-2011, 11:51 PM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
Post-original six era the Leafs could give you a serious run for your money. Read about Ballard before going on about awful management. Letting stars like Bernie Parent, Lanny MacDonald, Darryl Sittler, Dave Keon, Tiger Williams, I mean, it says alot about your organization when the only reason you signed a top Swedish defensemen was because your GM was in jail.

Honestly the Leafs have had worse luck/worse management then the Rangers. Sather makes great trades and awful signings but you still have a cup in the last 40 years.
Agree with you on the leafs although with brian burke there now as gm, it won't be long before they pass us by.
The only reason we have a cup in the past 40 yrs(and the leafs don't since 67) is because the same Glen Savior was dumb enough to trade messier to us for nichols, rice and debrusk-so, if it wasn't for Savior, we'd have no cups in the past 71+ yrs!!
At least the leafs have won 13 cups in their history.

Old
06-11-2011, 11:55 PM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Line Monster View Post
You keep going on about Thomas. Did you see Thomas's first round? First like 3 games he gave up multiple softies each game. You really think he gets past the 1st round if the most effective line in front of him was Avery-Boyle-Prust?
Wake up and face reality, right not thomas is the better goalie based on one vezina + another one likely, and the con smythe trophy that he'll undoubtedly win.

Old
06-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
There is not a single goalie playing today I would take over Henrik Lundqvist. Not 1. are there comparable goalies? Sure. But, Henrik has basically had to carry this team since he got here and has proven he can do it on the biggest stage the NHL has to offer. Henrik deserves better than some of our fans.
Boo hoo! Poor Hank. If he doesn't like losing, tell him to request a trade! Doubt if they;ll be building any monuments to him outside the garden, they only do that for winners!

Old
06-12-2011, 12:15 AM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
Post-original six era the Leafs could give you a serious run for your money. Read about Ballard before going on about awful management. Letting stars like Bernie Parent, Lanny MacDonald, Darryl Sittler, Dave Keon, Tiger Williams, I mean, it says alot about your organization when the only reason you signed a top Swedish defensemen was because your GM was in jail.

Honestly the Leafs have had worse luck/worse management then the Rangers. Sather makes great trades and awful signings but you still have a cup in the last 40 years.
Exactly what great trades has Savior made? Am I missing something?

Old
06-12-2011, 12:21 AM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
By the way, new york is not the biggest stage in hockey, toronto is and its not even close!

Old
06-12-2011, 01:13 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
It's been an amazingly unusual finals. I feel like even if Vancouver wins, it's scarcely conclusive that they are the better team. Add to that the very strange behaviors on All Star quality goalies this entire postseason. My conclusion is such: even though Henrik can be subject to a mid winter slump, we are damn lucky to have such a focused and talented netminder.

I feel prouder of him each game of watch, especially with Thomas' excellent performances at such an age. Sign him for life, hes true blue.
Here here! Great feel good thread, he's the best I've ever seen.

I watch Thomas and all he's doing and all I can think is there's only one guy better.

Old
06-12-2011, 01:15 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
The difference between you and me(and everybody else in my section 411)
Anyone else thinking that section 411 must be the most miserable place on Earth to watch a Rangers game?

Old
06-12-2011, 01:53 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Wake up and face reality, right not thomas is the better goalie based on one vezina + another one likely, and the con smythe trophy that he'll undoubtedly win.
Heh, post #51 said you've been watching hockey for "50 yrs and counting fool"

Does that mean anything when you're still judging goalies by what you can read in the newspaper?

Besides you claiming residence in section 411, I see no evidence that you have watched a full game from any player you speak of, but that you have read about them or heard others talk about them. Stop watching the ladies of the crowd.

I haven't been able to read through anymore of your posts, but I get the feeling you're one of those who would say Brodeur was better than Richter. After all, Richter never won a trophy.

What is a shame is that you know might know Lidstrom's name, his point total, and his trophy list...but not why he actually got those accolades. Or why Henrik doesn't have a trophy. (The answer is NOT 'because Henrik is bad and Lidstrom is great')

I'm sorry for the tone, I really am, but this game is my life and I have to defend this game against those who don't seem understand it and have an attitude to boot.

Last edited by CHGoalie27: 06-12-2011 at 02:02 AM.
Old
06-12-2011, 02:35 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

At first, I thought this guy was a troll who lost sight of his targer, but now i'm just thinking the world is a sad, sad place. It's also irking me a bit how everyone is down on the team. Playoff's aint bad. Before you call the team untalented, or poorly built, do remember there are 14 teams who didn't see a post season.

We're not a bad team. If the guys continue to over-achieve and push, with the addition of a few pieces, deep playoffs becomes a reality. But Not with Hank as our anchor. I've rarely if ever seen a game he didn't give them a chance to win. That's all you can ask of any one man.

And do remember, this is more than numbers and potential. The Canucks were only one goal away from a first round exit. Anything can happen.

Old
06-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:
Fifty yrs a fan and counting fool!! I just don't have my head buried in the sand and I don't buy into the media hype and pr mumbo jumbo that they shove down your throat here about our players. You probably also believe that marc staal is this great shutdown defenseman too!
Lol!

i believe he is growing into one, not yet. And you have been watching the game for fifty years, not supporting them. And you are the fool, a FAN is having support in your team and having belief. Im only fifteen and have been watching the rangers for ten years but, i obviously know more than you.

Old
06-12-2011, 09:59 AM
bscharf

Quote:
Lol!
You my friend might watch hockey, and call yourself a fan, and might be able to throw some stats out there to flex your hockey knowledge muscles, but you for sure never played, and if you did, you weren't good. Any hockey player with ANY sense of the game can see the talent level of marc staal. The guy absolutely is a shut down defenseman and proved that all year. He plays 25+ minutes a night against every teams top line and has a +8 rating on the offensively terrible team that you keep bringing up. You my friend, are a bitter idiot who should sell their season tickets and go root for the devils.

Old
06-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Ive been a spectator in this thread but now Im going to chime in. Rangers32185- I'm not sure exactly what you wanted Hank to do this year against the Caps. In game 1, the Rangers scored 1 goal, in game 2 they got shutout and in game 5 they scored 1 goal. In order to win the series Hank would have had to shut them out in those 3 games; I think it it's pretty unrealistic to expect Hank to shut out the Caps, a great offensive team, 3 times in 1 playoff series. Their problem is not Hank, it is their forwards and I think most of us realize that.

Old
06-12-2011, 10:30 AM
OverTheCap

Lundqvist is the least of this team's problems, and it's always amusing to see people insinuate that he is somehow holding us back or is partly responsible for this team's inability to have postseason success.

The great thing about this postseason is that we no longer have to hear the silly argument that it's better off to have a mediocre, cheap goaltender than one who is elite but has a higher cap hit. Investing money in Thomas and Luongo seems to not have hurt the Bruins or Canucks. I never want to hear that "Lundqvist is taking up too much cap space and that money is better spent elsewhere" ever again.

Old
06-12-2011, 11:03 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
We have Lundqvist threads every month; we don't need to continue with one that has become as absurd as this.

It's just pain.
Closed Thread