HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Howard Eskin of 610 WIP: Front Office Open to Trading Richards or Carter

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2011, 11:53 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

vCash: 500
Richards is my favorite Flyer by a landslide. I'd be seriously pissed if they traded him.

The head office has to know he's a fan favorite and face of the Flyers. Something like Nash would have to come back.

Old
06-11-2011, 11:57 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
Richards is my favorite Flyer by a landslide. I'd be seriously pissed if they traded him.

The head office has to know he's a fan favorite and face of the Flyers. Something like Nash would have to come back.
I would hate a deal like that. Some big name for richards. Richards is way better than nash, younger, and has a much better cap hit. If we trade Richards, i dont know how i can cheer for this team. Because if richards can be traded then no one is safe.

Old
06-12-2011, 12:07 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
Headline tomorrow will be Drury and a 1st for Jeff Carter
I sure hope you forgot to tack on an emoticon there.

Drury is signed for 2011-12 for $7.05M after which he would be an UFA... That would be going the wrong direction this coming year and would force Homer to move another key player to get Bryz or another prime goalie, and still have to forget Leino.

I'm sure you realize that the only reason to move Carter THIS off-season would be to free up Cap space... Granted, that trade would do it for almost a dozen years after that... Why not just waive him.

Last edited by Sawdalite: 06-12-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Old
06-12-2011, 12:22 AM
JABEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
I sure hope you forgot to tack on an emoticon there.

Drury is signed for 2011-12 for $7.05M after which he would be an UFA... That would be going the wrong direction this coming year and would force Homer to move another key player to get Bryz or another prime goalie, and still have to forget Leino.

I'm sure you realize that the only reason to move Carter THIS off-season would be to free up Cap space... Granted, that trade would do it for almost a dozen years after that... Why not just waive him.
I don't need an emoticon to connote sarcasm.

Old
06-12-2011, 12:58 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
I don't need an emoticon to connote sarcasm.
Why?... Because it was so damn obvious?

With Internet correspondence, we can never be sure... no matter how obvious it may seem... I've got stories of people completely serious with outrageous thoughts, and others of kidders who started arguments with sarcastic remarks taken serious.

Anyway... I was just making sure you weren't thinking Homer would be thinking Drury.

Old
06-12-2011, 03:00 AM
Slowbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I would hate a deal like that. Some big name for richards. Richards is way better than nash, younger, and has a much better cap hit. If we trade Richards, i dont know how i can cheer for this team. Because if richards can be traded then no one is safe.
i would take nash anyday over richards..

Old
06-12-2011, 03:03 AM
SteveH

Quote:
Originally Posted by triqsix View Post
Why is that again? Considering age, cap etc.

Old
06-12-2011, 03:03 AM
Gibbs18

Yea...no way that they will ever trade Richards at this point.

Richards > Carter

Old
06-12-2011, 03:15 AM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by triqsix View Post
I'm sorry for you.

The thing I don't get is, if we actually would trade Carter for Voracek++ how much do we really save on the cap?
I mean, Carter's $5.27mil cap hit isn't really an albatross and I would have to think Voracek won't sign for less than $2.5mil . So we save $2.77mil by trading our best goalscorer, best face-off man, homegrown 6'3 center. I really don't think it makes sense.
Even if you make this trade you still have to unload one of Carle, Versteeg or Hartnell. So why not just go ahead and trade two of those 3 and keep your ****ing best goalscorer?!

Old
06-12-2011, 03:21 AM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Just got on here after a long night at work and having some trouble with this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
Don't blame me, I didn't bring up your previous fortune tellings this time.
I'll do it. Especially after the way you spoke to Jules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Tell you what. I'll be dramatic elsewhere. If you really scrutinized my posts that much to find flaws in how I wrote my information then I am going to send a PM to Hollywood every time I hear something. If it happens before it hits the media, he can tell you that I broke it to him.
That's very Eklund of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Meh, I think we're being a little picky here. If you think he's full of crap, that's one thing. But so long as he is just writing the facts as he understands them, who gives a **** if it seems suspenseful? He can be as dramatic as he wants IMO. Anything he posts up here is just food for thought anyway until we hear it straight from the horse's mouth.
They aren't facts. Without proof, they're ramblings.

Renegade,
Your source was wrong during the previous offseason, yet we are supposed to believe this time is legit? And the rumors are acceptable because you have a legit source, which if you do, has been playing you for a fool. No offense, but when you do get one right, you will still be below the Mendoza Line. Anyway ...

*You claimed you knew about Zherdev before it was announced, yet two others posted it before you in the same thread where the news broke, so there was no exclusive insights there.
*Another poster with "a source" said 3 years, $2.75M per for the Z-man. You liked it. Your source should have been able to tell you the correct deal.
*You mentioned a couple of times last summer that a Gagne retirement might be imminent. Didn't say when specifically, so I guess someday this will be correct.
*Mike Smith for Gagne? That's the only Gagne-to-TB specific trade proposal I could find in your posts in the days leading up to the done deal. And everyone seemed to know it was Gagne who was moving.
*I could find no posts from you with the correct package for Gagne.
*"Carter will be traded. Most likely West." -- Renegade, summer 2010. A quote of info from your source that proved wholly inaccurate.
*You said if Carter wasn't traded last summer, you'd "leave this board" yet your source (you) was wrong there, too. I don't care what you do -- post here or not -- but this does go to credibility.

I hope you understand the skepticism from myself and others. Whether it is mean-spirited or not on your source's part (they may just be trying to have you dangle stuff in front of fans, like a president does to manipulate approval numbers), it really seems like you're getting played. Especially when you say, "If me posting was detrimental at any point, I would instantly stop. He has asked me to hold off on posting further things until things calm down."

Old
06-12-2011, 03:45 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
They aren't facts. Without proof, they're ramblings.
Tomato to-mah-to.

I said "facts as he understands them". You don't think he's credible (which is totally understandable), fine. Don't read his posts.

Old
06-12-2011, 08:00 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5775
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
LOL.
Filatov freakin blows. The 8th overall doesnt do enough for me for Carter, nmind Richards.
Come back with a better rumor next time.
And is another Zherdev. Drives coaches crazy. He got into a war with Ken Hitchcock because he didn't want to play defense, so Hitch stuck him on the 4th line. Filatov cried his way back to Russia. And that wasn't even this season.

Old
06-12-2011, 08:58 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Monkey View Post
Pierre McGuire was on the radio up here in Ottawa saying that theres some major issues in the locker room between Carter and Richards, and went on to mention the Carter to Columbus rumour. This was a couple days ago though. Maybe, just maybe there is some truth to this Carter thing? I can't see this team moving Richards, I could see Carter getting shopped for a VERY nice package though.
I thought it was Richards VS Pronger???

Old
06-12-2011, 09:48 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
I thought it was Richards VS Pronger???
Any chance there's a podcast around? What station and what day did this take place?

Old
06-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Razor the Goalie
Can I Get a Hot Tub

Man on man, I sign in the first time in awhile and now we have inside sources of HF, I am excited!

From my "inside sources" Ed Snider has a huge man crush on Richie and typically he gets his way.

Ex(The firing of Bob Clarke because he wouldn't fire Hitchcock)

So if Homer is thinking that maybe Snider would remove Homer.

Just using logic.

By the way Eskine and TPatch are the worst.

Must say Keith Jones would know the most and the man lets out nothing on the morning show or local interviews he knows hockey.

Old
06-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Gberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
If Gretzky can be traded, anyone can.

Old
06-12-2011, 10:37 AM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gberg View Post
If Gretzky can be traded, anyone can.
Is Ed Snider broke?

Old
06-12-2011, 10:48 AM
Fulton44*

That's "MISTER" Snider to you guys.

Old
06-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by go david krejci 430 View Post
And is another Zherdev. Drives coaches crazy. He got into a war with Ken Hitchcock because he didn't want to play defense, so Hitch stuck him on the 4th line. Filatov cried his way back to Russia. And that wasn't even this season.
That is not an accurate picture

Zherdev got singled out by Hitch and targeted by Hitch

For instance he played a great 1st period in a game (Cant remember vs who) and then was benched the entire 2nd and 3rd periods because he turned over puck in his own end near end of 1st period

It didn't even result in a shot on goal but Hitchcock punished Zherdev. The next game he was demoted to 4th line

That is not sending a message or trying to improve the players game that is just being a ###.

Kane's D was horrendous when Q took over and Q benched him for a period before in his 1st year. But he never threw him on 4th line so he would learn D. You teach a young player like Zherdev the defensive aspects of game and hope for improvement. That is what Q did with Kane and although Kane is never gonna be a Selke winner his D has improved tremendously over what it was years ago

Old
06-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

For instance he played a great 1st period in a game (Cant remember vs who) and then was benched the entire 2nd and 3rd periods because he turned over puck in his own end near end of 1st period

It didn't even result in a shot on goal but Hitchcock punished Zherdev. The next game he was demoted to 4th line

That is not sending a message or trying to improve the players game that is just being a ###.

Kane's D was horrendous when Q took over and Q benched him for a period before in his 1st year. But he never threw him on 4th line so he would learn D. You teach a young player like Zherdev the defensive aspects of game and hope for improvement. That is what Q did with Kane and although Kane is never gonna be a Selke winner his D has improved tremendously over what it was years ago
He was saying that that is what happened to Filatov. He just compared him to Zherdev at the beginning of the post.

Old
06-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Codith

If we do acquire Filatov as part of the package, I wouldn't mind seeing him re-packaged for something else.

Old
06-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
You think Holmgren's a horse? I always thought he was a jackass.
What a sad fan base we have

Old
06-12-2011, 01:29 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
That was one of the funnier and more accurate things I've read here in a long time!

Old
06-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post

Old
06-12-2011, 02:08 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Nikita Filatov - young rookie (essentially), who also no-showed at the WJC's, and blamed the coaches then too.

Ken Hitchcock - multiple gold medalist and Stanley Cup Champ as a coach.

I know who I'm taking.

Closed Thread