HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Howard Eskin of 610 WIP: Front Office Open to Trading Richards or Carter

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-11-2011, 11:53 PM
  #151
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener
 
SeanCWombBroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,675
vCash: 500
Richards is my favorite Flyer by a landslide. I'd be seriously pissed if they traded him.

The head office has to know he's a fan favorite and face of the Flyers. Something like Nash would have to come back.

SeanCWombBroom is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 11:57 PM
  #152
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 10,122
vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
Richards is my favorite Flyer by a landslide. I'd be seriously pissed if they traded him.

The head office has to know he's a fan favorite and face of the Flyers. Something like Nash would have to come back.
I would hate a deal like that. Some big name for richards. Richards is way better than nash, younger, and has a much better cap hit. If we trade Richards, i dont know how i can cheer for this team. Because if richards can be traded then no one is safe.

Jtown is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 12:07 AM
  #153
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
Headline tomorrow will be Drury and a 1st for Jeff Carter
I sure hope you forgot to tack on an emoticon there.

Drury is signed for 2011-12 for $7.05M after which he would be an UFA... That would be going the wrong direction this coming year and would force Homer to move another key player to get Bryz or another prime goalie, and still have to forget Leino.

I'm sure you realize that the only reason to move Carter THIS off-season would be to free up Cap space... Granted, that trade would do it for almost a dozen years after that... Why not just waive him.


Last edited by Sawdalite: 06-12-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Sawdalite is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 12:22 AM
  #154
JABEE
Registered User
 
JABEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
I sure hope you forgot to tack on an emoticon there.

Drury is signed for 2011-12 for $7.05M after which he would be an UFA... That would be going the wrong direction this coming year and would force Homer to move another key player to get Bryz or another prime goalie, and still have to forget Leino.

I'm sure you realize that the only reason to move Carter THIS off-season would be to free up Cap space... Granted, that trade would do it for almost a dozen years after that... Why not just waive him.
I don't need an emoticon to connote sarcasm.

JABEE is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 12:58 AM
  #155
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
I don't need an emoticon to connote sarcasm.
Why?... Because it was so damn obvious?

With Internet correspondence, we can never be sure... no matter how obvious it may seem... I've got stories of people completely serious with outrageous thoughts, and others of kidders who started arguments with sarcastic remarks taken serious.

Anyway... I was just making sure you weren't thinking Homer would be thinking Drury.

Sawdalite is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 03:00 AM
  #156
Slowbro
Registered User
 
Slowbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I would hate a deal like that. Some big name for richards. Richards is way better than nash, younger, and has a much better cap hit. If we trade Richards, i dont know how i can cheer for this team. Because if richards can be traded then no one is safe.
i would take nash anyday over richards..

Slowbro is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 03:03 AM
  #157
SteveH
Registered User
 
SteveH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deptford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triqsix View Post
i would take nash anyday over richards..
Why is that again? Considering age, cap etc.

SteveH is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 03:03 AM
  #158
Gibbs18
Registered User
 
Gibbs18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Elmer, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 948
vCash: 500
Yea...no way that they will ever trade Richards at this point.

Richards > Carter

Gibbs18 is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 03:15 AM
  #159
dookie88
Registered User
 
dookie88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triqsix View Post
i would take nash anyday over richards..
I'm sorry for you.


The thing I don't get is, if we actually would trade Carter for Voracek++ how much do we really save on the cap?
I mean, Carter's $5.27mil cap hit isn't really an albatross and I would have to think Voracek won't sign for less than $2.5mil . So we save $2.77mil by trading our best goalscorer, best face-off man, homegrown 6'3 center. I really don't think it makes sense.
Even if you make this trade you still have to unload one of Carle, Versteeg or Hartnell. So why not just go ahead and trade two of those 3 and keep your ****ing best goalscorer?!

dookie88 is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 03:21 AM
  #160
Murphy7
Drop the puck
 
Murphy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country:
Posts: 1,635
vCash: 500
Just got on here after a long night at work and having some trouble with this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
Don't blame me, I didn't bring up your previous fortune tellings this time.
I'll do it. Especially after the way you spoke to Jules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Tell you what. I'll be dramatic elsewhere. If you really scrutinized my posts that much to find flaws in how I wrote my information then I am going to send a PM to Hollywood every time I hear something. If it happens before it hits the media, he can tell you that I broke it to him.
That's very Eklund of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Meh, I think we're being a little picky here. If you think he's full of crap, that's one thing. But so long as he is just writing the facts as he understands them, who gives a **** if it seems suspenseful? He can be as dramatic as he wants IMO. Anything he posts up here is just food for thought anyway until we hear it straight from the horse's mouth.
They aren't facts. Without proof, they're ramblings.

Renegade,
Your source was wrong during the previous offseason, yet we are supposed to believe this time is legit? And the rumors are acceptable because you have a legit source, which if you do, has been playing you for a fool. No offense, but when you do get one right, you will still be below the Mendoza Line. Anyway ...

*You claimed you knew about Zherdev before it was announced, yet two others posted it before you in the same thread where the news broke, so there was no exclusive insights there.
*Another poster with "a source" said 3 years, $2.75M per for the Z-man. You liked it. Your source should have been able to tell you the correct deal.
*You mentioned a couple of times last summer that a Gagne retirement might be imminent. Didn't say when specifically, so I guess someday this will be correct.
*Mike Smith for Gagne? That's the only Gagne-to-TB specific trade proposal I could find in your posts in the days leading up to the done deal. And everyone seemed to know it was Gagne who was moving.
*I could find no posts from you with the correct package for Gagne.
*"Carter will be traded. Most likely West." -- Renegade, summer 2010. A quote of info from your source that proved wholly inaccurate.
*You said if Carter wasn't traded last summer, you'd "leave this board" yet your source (you) was wrong there, too. I don't care what you do -- post here or not -- but this does go to credibility.

I hope you understand the skepticism from myself and others. Whether it is mean-spirited or not on your source's part (they may just be trying to have you dangle stuff in front of fans, like a president does to manipulate approval numbers), it really seems like you're getting played. Especially when you say, "If me posting was detrimental at any point, I would instantly stop. He has asked me to hold off on posting further things until things calm down."

Murphy7 is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 03:45 AM
  #161
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
They aren't facts. Without proof, they're ramblings.
Tomato to-mah-to.

I said "facts as he understands them". You don't think he's credible (which is totally understandable), fine. Don't read his posts.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 08:00 AM
  #162
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,225
vCash: 5775
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
LOL.
Filatov freakin blows. The 8th overall doesnt do enough for me for Carter, nmind Richards.
Come back with a better rumor next time.
And is another Zherdev. Drives coaches crazy. He got into a war with Ken Hitchcock because he didn't want to play defense, so Hitch stuck him on the 4th line. Filatov cried his way back to Russia. And that wasn't even this season.

GKJ is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 08:58 AM
  #163
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Monkey View Post
Pierre McGuire was on the radio up here in Ottawa saying that theres some major issues in the locker room between Carter and Richards, and went on to mention the Carter to Columbus rumour. This was a couple days ago though. Maybe, just maybe there is some truth to this Carter thing? I can't see this team moving Richards, I could see Carter getting shopped for a VERY nice package though.
I thought it was Richards VS Pronger???

BLONG7 is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 09:48 AM
  #164
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
I thought it was Richards VS Pronger???
Any chance there's a podcast around? What station and what day did this take place?

MsWoof is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 10:17 AM
  #165
Razor the Goalie
Can I Get a Hot Tub
 
Razor the Goalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Waiting in Shadows
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
Man on man, I sign in the first time in awhile and now we have inside sources of HF, I am excited!

From my "inside sources" Ed Snider has a huge man crush on Richie and typically he gets his way.

Ex(The firing of Bob Clarke because he wouldn't fire Hitchcock)

So if Homer is thinking that maybe Snider would remove Homer.

Just using logic.

By the way Eskine and TPatch are the worst.

Must say Keith Jones would know the most and the man lets out nothing on the morning show or local interviews he knows hockey.

Razor the Goalie is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 10:34 AM
  #166
Gberg
Registered User
 
Gberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I would hate a deal like that. Some big name for richards. Richards is way better than nash, younger, and has a much better cap hit. If we trade Richards, i dont know how i can cheer for this team. Because if richards can be traded then no one is safe.
If Gretzky can be traded, anyone can.

Gberg is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 10:37 AM
  #167
JVR21
G
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gberg View Post
If Gretzky can be traded, anyone can.
Is Ed Snider broke?

JVR21 is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 10:48 AM
  #168
Fulton44*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Planet Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 331
vCash: 500
That's "MISTER" Snider to you guys.

Fulton44* is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 11:47 AM
  #169
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 100,798
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by go david krejci 430 View Post
And is another Zherdev. Drives coaches crazy. He got into a war with Ken Hitchcock because he didn't want to play defense, so Hitch stuck him on the 4th line. Filatov cried his way back to Russia. And that wasn't even this season.
That is not an accurate picture

Zherdev got singled out by Hitch and targeted by Hitch

For instance he played a great 1st period in a game (Cant remember vs who) and then was benched the entire 2nd and 3rd periods because he turned over puck in his own end near end of 1st period

It didn't even result in a shot on goal but Hitchcock punished Zherdev. The next game he was demoted to 4th line

That is not sending a message or trying to improve the players game that is just being a ###.

Kane's D was horrendous when Q took over and Q benched him for a period before in his 1st year. But he never threw him on 4th line so he would learn D. You teach a young player like Zherdev the defensive aspects of game and hope for improvement. That is what Q did with Kane and although Kane is never gonna be a Selke winner his D has improved tremendously over what it was years ago

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 12:44 PM
  #170
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
That is not an accurate picture

Zherdev got singled out by Hitch and targeted by Hitch

For instance he played a great 1st period in a game (Cant remember vs who) and then was benched the entire 2nd and 3rd periods because he turned over puck in his own end near end of 1st period

It didn't even result in a shot on goal but Hitchcock punished Zherdev. The next game he was demoted to 4th line

That is not sending a message or trying to improve the players game that is just being a ###.

Kane's D was horrendous when Q took over and Q benched him for a period before in his 1st year. But he never threw him on 4th line so he would learn D. You teach a young player like Zherdev the defensive aspects of game and hope for improvement. That is what Q did with Kane and although Kane is never gonna be a Selke winner his D has improved tremendously over what it was years ago
He was saying that that is what happened to Filatov. He just compared him to Zherdev at the beginning of the post.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 01:05 PM
  #171
Codith
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 722
vCash: 500
If we do acquire Filatov as part of the package, I wouldn't mind seeing him re-packaged for something else.

Codith is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 01:26 PM
  #172
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
You think Holmgren's a horse? I always thought he was a jackass.
What a sad fan base we have

Hockeypete49 is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 01:29 PM
  #173
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
What a sad fan base we have
That was one of the funnier and more accurate things I've read here in a long time!

MsWoof is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 01:44 PM
  #174
Ghost of Downie*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
What a sad fan base we have

Ghost of Downie* is offline  
Old
06-12-2011, 02:08 PM
  #175
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,225
vCash: 5775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
That is not an accurate picture

Zherdev got singled out by Hitch and targeted by Hitch

For instance he played a great 1st period in a game (Cant remember vs who) and then was benched the entire 2nd and 3rd periods because he turned over puck in his own end near end of 1st period

It didn't even result in a shot on goal but Hitchcock punished Zherdev. The next game he was demoted to 4th line

That is not sending a message or trying to improve the players game that is just being a ###.

Kane's D was horrendous when Q took over and Q benched him for a period before in his 1st year. But he never threw him on 4th line so he would learn D. You teach a young player like Zherdev the defensive aspects of game and hope for improvement. That is what Q did with Kane and although Kane is never gonna be a Selke winner his D has improved tremendously over what it was years ago
Nikita Filatov - young rookie (essentially), who also no-showed at the WJC's, and blamed the coaches then too.

Ken Hitchcock - multiple gold medalist and Stanley Cup Champ as a coach.


I know who I'm taking.

GKJ is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.