HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Thread - Kopitar (Out for Season), Williams (Out 4 weeks), Parse (Day to Day)

Old
03-30-2011, 05:06 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Revolving doors at the entrances would work:
Not where ticketing has to happen also glass does a better job at trapping heat (colored glass more so) and that is already an issue at Staples to a certain extent.

Maybe if they built an outer area where revolving doors could be used to allow guests to wait until it was there turn to enter?

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 05:31 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Not where ticketing has to happen also glass does a better job at trapping heat (colored glass more so) and that is already an issue at Staples to a certain extent.

Maybe if they built an outer area where revolving doors could be used to allow guests to wait until it was there turn to enter?
I thought we wanted to keep the heat out and the cold in. Wouldn't these doors trap the cold air (rather than trap heat)?

And how would these present a huge problem to the ticket takers? Have the ticket takers stand inside the revolving doors and take the tickets after people enter.

BTW, at the Pepsi Center in Denver, they have double doors. I assume this is to keep the heat in, but couldn't that system be used in L.A. to keep the cold in also?

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 05:57 PM
jimmy1100

Quote:
It is a long road to go to determine rather our ice condition had anything to do with Kopi's injury and I am not certain that I am any closer to knowing if it did or not.
As for figuring this out, wouldn't it just be a matter of looking at who has had what major knee/ankle injuries and what arena they took place in?

i.e. 3 major knee/ankle injuries have occurred at Joe Louis arena, 5 at Staples, 3 at the Saddledome, etc.

I mean, it wouldn't be a direct correlation, but it could be used to draw some conclusions if one or two arenas have a particularly high amount of major injuries occurring on that ice in comparison to the others. Especially considering that each rink hosts 41 games each year. (Obvious exception of a game or two for European starts/Winter Classic)

Beyond that, if one could look at AHL arenas and Junior arenas, one might even be able to notice a higher or lower amount of injuries by geographic location.

Granted, I have no idea where one could even find the stats on this, but it'd be interesting to look at if we could gather the data.

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 07:10 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

http://lakingsinsider.com/2011/03/30...ry-successful/

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 07:23 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

True

The Blackhawks lead the league in having the most hip injuries, the Oilers in foot/ankle and so on. The question of do these injuries have anything to do with ice conditions at each of these rinks is more difficult to say then simply looking at the ice conditions only according to the experts.

The trouble you run into when comparing arena's (throughout the various league's) is that turnaround is one of the major culprits in the deterioration of each arena's ability to produce and maintain its ice sheet.

Certain teams have specific venues that are dedicated to their own personal use so turnaround doesn't effect them and in turn they have very highly rated ice and lesser injuries. Now it would be easy to say that there was your smoking gun but, you could also sight the level of play for those teams and or their locations (heat cold) etc. The evidence looks simple enough but you can't rule out other variables.

We would have to have a control set to be able to truly test each of these theories and the amount of time required to undertake such an experiment is beyond me at the present moment and the foreseeable future.

I took it as far as I can or care to actually. The rink that I play in (most of the time) when I do is perfect and even when I play in socal I have found the ice at the two or three places I play to be more than acceptable for our needs and that is really all that matters to me. I am curious about the specific's of synthetic ice and how it formulated as well as how it is controlled or maintained but after that you start losing me.

I have carried the puck this far and am happy to answer questions about what I have found but other than that maybe someone else can score the goal? Like I said, I couldn't find anything that said that anyone is doing anything other than their best to try and give us the best ice sheet that they can and I am satisfied with what I have found.

Other than what I have written the rest goes beyond my desire to look into any further.

Hope that's alright and again let me know if I can answer any questions but other than that I think we need an actual authority on all the subject to step up and do the rest.

Old
03-30-2011, 07:24 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

So Kopitar's surgery was a success not that it was doubted to be so but there you have it, another injured player on the mend.

Old
03-30-2011, 07:43 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Oh finally I had one more thing.

While in EU last time I went to a game at a major sports arena that is mostly underground and they claim to have the best ice on earth. I have to wait until I get back home which will still be at least a month from now, maybe a little longer but when I do I will try and find out why I can't seem to embed anything and post a bunch of pics and info on the place.

Putting the rink underground (with the exception of the large roof structure in the case of this one venue) is not only an ergonomically smart iddeaa bt also a unique on that might be something to consider next time one is being built.

Old
04-05-2011, 07:28 AM
tbn

If anyone is interested, here is Kopitars interview on Slovenian national television internet page:

http://www.rtvslo.si/sport/hokej/kop...ti-hokej/25461

You can Google translate it.

If there are any troubles with translation, Slovenians will help latter. I hope.

tbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 04:59 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbn View Post
If anyone is interested, here is Kopitars interview on Slovenian national television internet page:

http://www.rtvslo.si/sport/hokej/kop...ti-hokej/25461

If there are any troubles with translation, Slovenians will help latter. I hope.
Should be this one
http://www.rtvslo.si/sport/hokej/kop...i-hokej/254616

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 05:27 PM
lumbergh

Quote:

I think not having revolving doors is a safety issue. Were there a major emergency and 10,000+ people wanted to get out of the arena ASAP, you would probably end up with lots of people suffocated and crammed at the exits. No arena wants that kind of liability on their hands.

lumbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 06:52 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbergh View Post
I think not having revolving doors is a safety issue. Were there a major emergency and 10,000+ people wanted to get out of the arena ASAP, you would probably end up with lots of people suffocated and crammed at the exits. No arena wants that kind of liability on their hands.
That could be solved with large exit-only doors.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 03:42 PM
tbn

If anyone is interested, here is new Kopitars interview with some new photos and clip on Slovenian national television internet page:

http://www.rtvslo.si/sport/hokej/fot...-otroke/259621

Last edited by tbn: 06-11-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old
06-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Thanks for the update! Here's the translated version of the story, courtesy of Google Translate:
Quote:
Hockey player Anze Kopitar, who was 26th March broke his ankle and is recovering successfully predicts the end of July or early August has already stepped on the ice.

"Now the situation is good, but of course it will be necessary before returning to strengthen individual muscle groups primarily because almost two months I could not step on your foot. Now I do have certain exercises for the ankle, but all this must remain well controlled. No I do not need to rush At the end of July, at the beginning of August I'll be back on the ice, " is on the recovery member said Los Angeles Kings.

Recovery faster than expected
Kopitar is sure to be greeted well-prepared season. "There are already instances where the player came back with even more enhanced muscle groups, as it was before the injury and in this direction is to work," he was optimistic, adding Hrušičan that, according to good medical care with the recovery even ahead a week or two.

Occasionally hard to hold back the tears
Kopitar in the playoffs "hard" watching other people on the stands, but is convinced that this was a good experience that grew stronger: "It was hard because I could not help other players, and also because I'm in the playoffs last year played, and I know what a joy it is to play in the playoff championship. Sometimes I have to much to contain, not what tears flowed, but on the other hand, does this make you a stronger, a lot I can learn, because I can look at the match from the stage . It was definitely a good experience. "

Target not only the ending, but a second round
A hockey player has also been focused on: "The upcoming season will not be happy if we stay without the extension. Here we must learn to play and move on. It is necessary to win in four games." The same desire is also the Slovenian national team, which is his view on the world championship played very well, you in the fight for survival afford a few too many mistakes, but otherwise the games proved to be an equal footing with most of the best in the world.

Golf Tournament for charity
Kopitar lived and co-organized a charity golf tour, which has occurred in some other famous names from the world of sport: Jure Kosir, Bojan Lara, Miha Pirih, David and Marcel Rodman , Valter Birsa and other sources. The proceeds will go to contest General Hospital Jesenice and the League of Friends of Youth, which will be some families who do not could not afford to allow the holiday by the sea.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 05:08 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbn View Post
If anyone is interested, here is new Kopitars interview with some new photos and clip on Slovenian national television internet page:

http://www.rtvslo.si/sport/hokej/fot...-otroke/259621

Thanks for posting, but can we get a new threat title or something....I almost had a heart attack when I opened and saw this thread on top....

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Ollie Weeks

God do I love Kopitar. Great size, great skill, great attitude and personality, and he's OURS. Good to see his first major injury is almost out of the way.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 05:19 PM
tbn

Sorry for a heart attack.

Pictures of his ankle:
http://img.rtvslo.si/_up/upload/2011...pitar_anze.jpg
http://img.rtvslo.si/_up/upload/2011...re_prudent.jpg

Last edited by tbn: 06-11-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old
06-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Let's hope he knows how to get out out of a golf cart injury free.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 06:57 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Yes, I am hoping to see Kopitar employ his enhanced muscle groups to the opposition's dismay come October.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 07:59 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Yes, I am hoping to see Kopitar employ his enhanced muscle groups to the opposition's dismay come October.
Paging Gary Roberts! Gary Roberts to the white courtesy phone.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I think it is nice that Kopitar is setting together events to benefit the League of Friends of Youth by providing them with a holiday by the sea.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 08:20 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Paging Gary Roberts! Gary Roberts to the white courtesy phone.
This!

But really we need Roberts for Doughty and Penner amirite?

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 02:30 AM
Alternate Jersey

is it just me, or do those pictures look super photoshopped? totally not knocking the source or anything, tbn, just thought that the brace looks photoshopped on.

Alternate Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 02:48 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Jersey View Post
is it just me, or do those pictures look super photoshopped? totally not knocking the source or anything, tbn, just thought that the brace looks photoshopped on.
It's just you

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 03:43 AM
tbn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Jersey View Post
Well obviously nothing is impossible, but the event itself is confirmed on his website.

http://anzeseleven.com/pcc.asp#xpath...thid=#lang=eng

I would be shocked that photos on our national TV would be photoshopped. I also canít find a reason that someone would do something like that.

There is also new interview (sorry in Slovenian) in which Kopitar states that if Kings would be in NHL SC finals he would probably be cleared to put the skates on and play in it.

http://24ur.com/sport/hokej/video-ko...oigralcem.html

Old
06-12-2011, 03:44 AM
Alternate Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
It's just you
hahaha. okay. fair enough--i was looking at it on an ipod touch anyway. so maybe it's my fault =p

Alternate Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote