HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Third Line Center to Ducks

Old
06-11-2011, 06:37 PM
wej20

vCash: 500
4 million for 3 years is far too much for Zenon Konopka.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckscrazy View Post
It would be easier to get one next year, since Blake is coming off the books, and the FA market is better next year.
Next year's FA market always looks like it'll be much stronger during this time of year.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 07:07 PM
JAK

Ducks had one that is now playing in the Stanley Cup Finals, in fact, he scored the game winning goal in game 5.

Maxim Lapierre

What would the Ducks be willing to give up for his RFA rights? Or even throw an offer sheet.

JAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggsawpuzzle35 View Post
I'm sorry but i thought we needed a 2nd line center to play with Bobby and the ...../Koivu/Selanne would be our third line.
IMO it's a much more ideal solution then signing a 3rd line center, but it's also much more difficult because there arent many who fit the bill in free agency. Not sure how many candidates there are in next offseasons free agent market, but IMO it's smarter for Murray to do everything he can to address it this offseason since we have the Finns under contract this upcoming season (just a matter of time for teemu IMO). A Koivu-Selanne 3rd line would mean excellent depth.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 08:31 PM
wesott11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAK View Post
Ducks had one that is now playing in the Stanley Cup Finals, in fact, he scored the game winning goal in game 5.

Maxim Lapierre

What would the Ducks be willing to give up for his RFA rights? Or even throw an offer sheet.
Nothing. He didn't fit in here and played himself out of a spot. He wasn't terrible but being outplayed by Todd Marchant pretty much gets you booted.

wesott11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 08:52 PM
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust

Brian Boyle for a 2nd round pick

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 09:24 PM
justheducks

Send a message via AIM to justheducks
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesott11 View Post
Nothing. He didn't fit in here and played himself out of a spot. He wasn't terrible but being outplayed by Todd Marchant pretty much gets you booted.
what the heck are you talking about? The Lappy trade to the Nucks was the worst trade the Ducks have made since the Blake trade. Lappy was playing good but only got 3-4 minutes a night alongside Parros and Marchant/Chipchura. He had no one to help and definitely needed to be playing alongside some better players. He got in RC's dog house and once you are there you can't get out. Just ask Ryan Carter, Brendan Mikkelson, Kyle Chipchura (I can go on and on). I still think BM should have kept Mike Brown and Maxim Lappierre.
A 4th line of
Brown - Lappy - Parros
would be great to rough things up and piss of opponents.

justheducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 09:38 PM
KillerKampfer*

They need to spend money and get someone good. I would go for Laich. Marchant sucked and let them down last year, the top two lines and the D are very solid.

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by justheducks View Post
(...) He got in RC's dog house and once you are there you can't get out. Just ask Ryan Carter, Brendan Mikkelson, Kyle Chipchura (I can go on and on).
To be fair, Lapierre is the only one of those that has done anything afterwards to suggest he might have been misplaced in the doghouse. He really didn't fit too well in his short stint here. Who knows how things would have worked in the longer run, but it's fairly safe to say that he is not going to be an option moving forward for us.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

I'm sorry but you are blowing the Lappy trade way out of proportion and ive *****ed about Murray more then most Duck fans. Lappy wasn't bad, but he did nothing to prove that he was 3rd line center material. I actually would have preferred him as the 4th line center but we already had a pleothra of those and he was the easiest to move. I wouldn't say Marchant outplayed him, but Marchant also helps more in other areas. Whether he didn't fit in Carlyle's system, or simply didn't want to be here, he was just no where near the player he's been for the Canucks.

Old
06-11-2011, 10:28 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
I like J Staal, but wed be getting him to play with Bobby Ryan, not trade Bobby for him. And even if we were, Ryan >> Staal
What if Shero said please? Neal-Crosby-Ryan would be the stuff of my NHL 11 teams.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 10:31 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Surprised Talbot hasn't been mentioned. I don't know how many points you would want out of a third liner and if mid 20's would be enough.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 10:35 PM
alx83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
Surprised Talbot hasn't been mentioned. I don't know how many points you would want out of a third liner and if mid 20's would be enough.
As someone whose seen plenty of the Penguins, Talbot's a guy I'd like to have.

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 10:43 PM
justheducks

Send a message via AIM to justheducks
You sign Zenon Koneka to center the 3rd line and sign Joel Ward to the wing and through in either DSP or Mcmillian and you have your bottom six set and you only spent about 5-6 million on the bottom 6.
So if the Ducks had kept Brown, Lappy and signed Joel Ward and Koneka.
Ducks would look like this...

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Ryan Getzlaf ($5.325m) / Corey Perry ($5.325m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)
Jason Blake ($4.000m) / Saku Koivu ($2.500m) / Teemu Selanne ($3.000m)
Brandon McMillan ($0.875m) / Zenon Koneka ($0.875m) / Joel Ward ($1.250m)
George Parros ($0.875m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.100m) / Mike Brown ($0.700m)
/ / Matt Beleskey ($0.737m)

DEFENSEMEN
Lubomir Visnovsky ($5.600m) / Toni Lydman ($3.000m)
Luca Sbisa ($2.175m) / Francois Beauchemin ($3.800m)
Andy Sutton ($2.125m) / Cam Fowler ($1.400m)
Sheldon Brookbank ($0.750m)

GOALTENDERS
Jonas Hiller ($4.500m) / Dan Ellis ($1.500m)

BUYOUTS: Nathan Oystrick ($0.183m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $61,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $56,695,833; BONUSES: $710,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $4,304,167
Then you have room to go get a top 4 dman AND a goalie if need be...

justheducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 03:26 AM
Elvs

Lapierre looked good when he first came, but after that it was all about Lupul and McMillan on the 3rd line. Lapierre was devoted to the 4th line because of this.

Konopka and Lapierre can just barely produce Pahlsson numbers combined... Neither is 3rd line material, although I'd like to have Konopka back on the 4th line because of his faceoff and PK ability.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 04:50 AM
Varius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester 88 View Post
Really? Done from Ducks side without thinking twice...

I'd think NYR would want more than a 2nd round pick for a big guy like Boyle who had a pretty decent season with 20 goals.

Varius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 07:45 AM
wej20

Zenon Konopka should not be centring the 3rd line. He's great on faceoffs, willing to fight anyone but he's slow, has no offensive ability and isn't good defensively.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 07:56 AM
Takumi3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
I'm sorry but you are blowing the Lappy trade way out of proportion and ive *****ed about Murray more then most Duck fans. Lappy wasn't bad, but he did nothing to prove that he was 3rd line center material. I actually would have preferred him as the 4th line center but we already had a pleothra of those and he was the easiest to move. I wouldn't say Marchant outplayed him, but Marchant also helps more in other areas. Whether he didn't fit in Carlyle's system, or simply didn't want to be here, he was just no where near the player he's been for the Canucks.

Ducks maybe should have been a little more patient with Lappy. I think he is the type of player to drive you crazy in the regular season but rewards you in the post-season by elevating his game to another level as demonstrated in Van (best line in SCF) and Montreal.

Takumi3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester 88 View Post
Yeah, if this was the asking price for Brian Boyle. Montreal would easily be willing to pay it or more. I'd say a first is not entirely out of the question. Boyle is exactly what the Habs need. That said, I am not certain not Ranger fans feel the same way you do.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi3000 View Post
Ducks maybe should have been a little more patient with Lappy. I think he is the type of player to drive you crazy in the regular season but rewards you in the post-season by elevating his game to another level as demonstrated in Van (best line in SCF) and Montreal.
The Ducks aren't deep enough to carry players who don't show up during the regular season. Lappy was in a competition with several other centers for playing time and he played like crap. He simply didn't fit here. He would have been a nice 4th line center but like I said, we already had plenty of them.

Old
06-12-2011, 09:07 AM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varius View Post
Really? Done from Ducks side without thinking twice...

I'd think NYR would want more than a 2nd round pick for a big guy like Boyle who had a pretty decent season with 20 goals.
its only the RFA Rights to Brian Boyle so thats prolly why. and maybe the Rangers dont wanna pay him? i dunno

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote