HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Edmonton-Colorado (Blockbuster)

Old
06-11-2011, 10:32 PM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
I think you might have missed the point. When people say Hemsky hasn't finished a season they are pointing out his injury record. In the last 3 seasons he has averaged about 40ish? games a season. Over his career Hemsky probably averages 60ish? games a season. Any team inquiring about Hemsky should be nervous about his health in the future.
Oh I totally get the point. And it's closer to 50 than 40 over the last 3 seasons. He's an injury risk sure, but missing 15 games a year doesn't make THAT big of a difference. He's still a first line game changing talent for the other 65 he will play

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Rhaego

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan2354 View Post
Oh I totally get the point. And it's closer to 50 than 40 over the last 3 seasons. He's an injury risk sure, but missing 15 games a year doesn't make THAT big of a difference. He's still a first line game changing talent for the other 65 he will play
Well, if you lose those 15 games he's out (which would be a terrible run) thats a 30 point swing, which will bring any bottom feeder (say our Avs or your Oilers) into a playoff spot

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 10:41 PM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
Well, if you lose those 15 games he's out (which would be a terrible run) thats a 30 point swing, which will bring any bottom feeder (say our Avs or your Oilers) into a playoff spot
And what if you lose the other 67 because you DON'T have Hemsky? That puts any team in dead last... The argument goes both ways. I'd rather have Crosby for 65 games than Gagner for 82. Same can be said for having Hemsky in the line for 65 games...

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 11:22 PM
JAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan2354 View Post
And what if you lose the other 67 because you DON'T have Hemsky? That puts any team in dead last... The argument goes both ways. I'd rather have Crosby for 65 games than Gagner for 82. Same can be said for having Hemsky in the line for 65 games...
I would like to see the Oilers win 67 games first.

When you look at Hemsky's stats, he's 28 next season, would I take him in the off season? No.

If he's healthy and fit to play at the dead line next season, maybe I would take a flyer, and it would take a lot of conditions on the picks. (ie. Games played in reg season, games played in playoffs compared to average of the team)

I could see him being the type of player that will only be getting 1 or 2 year deals for the rest of his career, because of the potential of injury issues.

Sami Salo took a 30% pay cut 3 years ago when he re-signed with the Vancouver Canucks ($3.5m cap hit over 3 years, rumors of upwards of $5mil on open market).

Sure there were some home town discounts, but I'm pretty sure some part of it was that he was going to be a risk to be injured.

JAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 12:15 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

I think hf should bring in a rule on trade boards only netrual fan bases can respond to trade proposals. The homerisim displayed by 90% of all posters show they are cheerleaders only . How about some real disscussion instead of my guy wears my teams jersey so you better agree or your wasting your breath.

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 10:36 AM
mcjukon
#McNailedIt

Fairly even IMO but I don't see either team doing it.

mcjukon is offline   Reply With Quote