HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Arturs Irbe not re-signed, Semin said to be a locker-room distraction

Old
06-10-2011, 06:26 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by exwhaler View Post
Sort of like manic depression. Just sayin'.
LOL...owned...

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 06:31 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
This is actually fairly new for me believe it or not. I was a rah-rah guy from about 1982-2009 or so. My realization that the Caps suck is pretty recent.

No anguish here. Just hoping to spread the truth to the as yet unenlightened.

Again, for the youngsters: under McPhee and Bruce, the Caps are going nowhere. The team is in disarray. There is talent here, but the coach and GM are not talented enough to guide it to win the Cup. 2 + 2 = 4. McPhee + Boudreau = Fail.

No anguish? You're literally oozing it!

You've realize the Caps suck? Really? Were you expecting the Rapture to sweep us all away too?

Come on dude....step back from the cliff and get a fresh perspective, because from my seats it looks like you've lost all perspective of what we have here for a team.

And you don't know that the Caps wouldn't have the same results with a dozen different coaches. I think they need a roster shakeup, someone big to put the players on notice.

Old
06-10-2011, 06:33 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
I don't expect to change any older fans' minds. People almost never change after age 30. Bad mental habits rush in one direction like water running down a mountain. It's very hard to step back and see it.
I agree somewhat. It's usually less about age and more about the job and family that comes with age. Too much to lose.

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 06:34 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
When facing adversity, like the media after a bad game, Bruce seemed snippy. I dont recall him ever blaming himself for any problem. God Syndrome. I kind of like a coach that takes all the blame, yeah it was my fault blah blah blah, lie in the media's face, and protect his players. Not single out one guy a Fehr Jurcina type, that was just one bad play in a sea of many, it just so happens, it resulted in a goal.

The more I think about it, the more I believe Irbe bailed because of Bruce. The money angle is bunk. Irbe probably said you need to pay me more to be under that guy. We balked, he left "because of money". Why would he take a job here knowing he cant afford two homes?
Often a small step back in a career path can lead to greater advancement overall. Probably what he was thinking coming to a team with 3 stud goalies.

Old
06-10-2011, 06:41 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
When facing adversity, like the media after a bad game, Bruce seemed snippy. I dont recall him ever blaming himself for any problem. God Syndrome. I kind of like a coach that takes all the blame, yeah it was my fault blah blah blah, lie in the media's face, and protect his players. Not single out one guy a Fehr Jurcina type, that was just one bad play in a sea of many, it just so happens, it resulted in a goal.

The more I think about it, the more I believe Irbe bailed because of Bruce. The money angle is bunk. Irbe probably said you need to pay me more to be under that guy. We balked, he left "because of money". Why would he take a job here knowing he cant afford two homes?
Yeah. I've been saying this for several years. The coach's mentality becomes the mentality of the team. It's always someone else's fault. There's always an excuse that doesn't involve a flaw in your coaching/management.

Hence, "Stay Angry" as the team's motto and de-motivational temper tantrums.

Old
06-10-2011, 06:48 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm gonna have to remember that one....de-motivational temper tantrums.

I wonder what the long list of coaching greats across all sports would say if someone told them what they did when then dressed down their respective teams by yelling and screaming, was a "demotivational temper tantrum".

I do however agree that Bruce loves to play the blame game. I don't agree that the coach needs to somehow profess his culpability nightly just to make his critics happy. At least Bruce calls out specific players who usually ARE the ones who made bad gaffs on the ice. He's not just aimlessly deflecting blame.

I don't know why anyone expects Bruce to suddenly become more accountable. That starts at the top and there seems to be a culture cultivated by Leonsis and McPhee of a lack of accountability.

Old
06-10-2011, 07:00 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
FIRE EVERYONE, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!......aaaahhhhh....the fountain of youth!
I feel so young.

Such a noob bandwagon greenhorn fan, you have no idea the how much the collective failures will one day dull the senses. But maybe its healthy for you to vent on the internet, the punching bag for the connected, in the meantime,.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 07:53 PM
txpd

RH, I do vent. The thing is that I have a finite capacity for what needs to be vented. Once vented I am free. I don't need to vent as a primary activity. When you can't successfully purge thru venting they often recommend some form of therapy.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 08:57 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Yeah I vented for two weeks after the loss. Ask my wife....I was miserable to be around the 1st week. I've let it go. That's what you do. You move on.

Old
06-10-2011, 10:04 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
Yeah I vented for two weeks after the loss. Ask my wife....I was miserable to be around the 1st week. I've let it go. That's what you do. You move on.
You let the frustration go and moved on. That's fantastic.

Does that mean we stop talking about what changes need to be made for next year and break out the pom-poms?

Old
06-10-2011, 10:16 PM
txpd

its like we have no middle ground between each post must start with boudreau has to be fired, semin must be traded and the team sucks in general and pom poms.

i think most of us know what your position is on boudreau and semin among other things. some of us are just suggesting that the jackhammer approach wears thin after a while. RH would say its your right to jackhammer away. You are venting.

what we end up with, though, is that any suggestion that the jackhammer is overdoing it returns pom poms and age driven brain damage. the moving on part. thats where we know that you think Semin is a problem and that subject has been well covered.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 11:11 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
You let the frustration go and moved on. That's fantastic.

Does that mean we stop talking about what changes need to be made for next year and break out the pom-poms?
Nope, but you should put away the pitchforks and lynching ropes.

Old
06-11-2011, 08:24 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
its like we have no middle ground between each post must start with boudreau has to be fired, semin must be traded and the team sucks in general and pom poms.

i think most of us know what your position is on boudreau and semin among other things. some of us are just suggesting that the jackhammer approach wears thin after a while. RH would say its your right to jackhammer away. You are venting.

what we end up with, though, is that any suggestion that the jackhammer is overdoing it returns pom poms and age driven brain damage. the moving on part. thats where we know that you think Semin is a problem and that subject has been well covered.
You are venting. You seem more upset with the fans than at the teams failures.

Only a few work the extremes. Not unlike your post above. Arms getting tired shaking the pom pons? Thats why so many use the ignore function. If you parrot the same thing continuously, few will hear you. So its pointless to post the same thing over and over, but do they even know? You end up arguing with one person that likes to argue, hockey interests secondary. You choose to not ignore, countering the extremeists, and end up almost half the problem you complain about.

But you are largely ignoring the great posts many make here, what I call balanced posts. Its rude to lump them into jackhammer pom pom or alzheimers categories.

You need to get over the fact that all flavors like to post here, its only hockey. If you have become thick skinned to playoff chokers, you can do it here too.

Last edited by RandyHolt: 06-11-2011 at 08:35 AM.
RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Roccoman

i love off-season posts.

Roccoman is offline   Reply With Quote