HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rupp Re-Upped (Still Unconfirmed)

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Flat Stanley

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
The bigger issue with Niskanen is his right-handedness, and whether or not he can be a reliable left defenseman. I have serious doubts, as I do about either Engelland or Lovejoy on that side. Heck, I have doubts about Letang and Michalek over there, too.

That's the main issue. And since he's more expensive than Engelland, Lovejoy, Vitale, Letestu, etc...he's the logical salary to move this summer.
I agree but something you have to take into consideration is Simon Despres. Yeah Niskanen is a right handed defenseman playing the left side, but if Despres makes the team would you rather have Niskanen or Engelland on the right side? I like Engelland but I would choose Niskanen. I'm sure instead of moving him, Shero can restructure his contract. Guys, we're not talking about some "dime a dozen" veteran defenseman. He's a 24 year old PMD who is a former 1st round pick. his first 2 seasons in the NHL were great, give him the oppurtunity to get back to his game, he will play well, trust me. I'm not saying I know everything but trust me, seeing this guy play I know what he can do, give him a chance, next season is his contract year, if he's bad, Shero won't re-sign him, but I don't think he will be bad.

Old
06-09-2011, 10:30 AM
spcastlemagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs4853 View Post
I'm sure instead of moving him, Shero can restructure his contract.
This doesn't happen in the NHL.

Old
06-09-2011, 10:33 AM
regard

Despres is really unlikely to be on the roster full time next season. Really really.

Even if he looks like he belongs.
Besides it woudlnt just be Niskanen or Engelland on the right then, dont forget the Rev.
Someone would almost have to go in that scenario.

Old
06-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcastlemagic View Post
This doesn't happen in the NHL.
Well in that case, keep him, let him play next season, then when he becomes a UFA, sign him for less or don't sign him at all.

Old
06-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Milliardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs4853 View Post
Well in that case, keep him, let him play next season, then when he becomes a UFA, sign him for less or don't sign him at all.
He becomes an RFA after next year, so if he sucks, we trade his rights or let him go. Bu I want to give him a chance.

Old
06-11-2011, 07:37 AM
khaoskennedy

i just saw this, i know it means nothing, still just hoping Rupp is resigned.

This Sunday, the Post-Gazette is teaming up with 93.7 The Fan for the first Summer Sports Jam, presented by UPMC Centers for Rehab Services, at Stage AE, North Shore.

It will feature autograph signings from a range of current and former Pittsburgh athletes, including Franco Harris, Rocky Bleier, Neil Walker, Sid Bream, Mike LaValliere, Manny Sanguillen, Kent Tekulve, Mike Rupp, Pierre LaRouche, Craig Adams, Phil Bourque and Bruno Sammartino.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11162...#ixzz1OyDP1fHo

Old
06-11-2011, 07:50 AM
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!

Sid bream? How could they let that happen? Torture.

Old
06-11-2011, 08:27 AM
PKV Jungle Friends
Gonna Be a Gas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
Sid bream? How could they let that happen? Torture.
100% understandable that all Pittsburgh sports fans have a bad taste in their mouths when it comes to this guy, but the funny thing is that before he left for Atlanta, El Sid was one of the most popular players on the Bucs.

He still lives in Pittsburgh and I'm told is a very large Bucco fan still to this day.

That said, you're correct about the torture part and I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...

Old
06-11-2011, 12:44 PM
87isgod

I'm pretty sure the sportsfest has nothing to do with contracts I listen to the fan and they have been advertising this on the radio for over a month now.

Old
06-11-2011, 02:18 PM
87isgod

Btw I wasn't being a smart ass to u khaos I was just stating that the sportsfest was planned awile ago and adams resigning was a coincidence. Funny thing is tho the first time I heard the commercial for it about 5 weeks ago I thought to myself man hope they resign them cause I sure as heck don't want their autograph if they go and sign with the caps or flyers or something.

Old
06-12-2011, 11:24 AM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

http://blog.triblive.com/chipped-ice...ews-this-week/

"UFA updates: Not a lot to report. As expected, the Penguins and C Craig Adams reached terms this week. Word is that C Max Talbot and RW Pascal Dupuis are asking for term the Penguins don't want to match -- four years for Talbot, three for Dupuis. As for C Mike Rupp, there is a growing sense that he believes the open market will be very kind to him financially. Shero is adamant about keeping all three players, but he is in no position to overspend by even $100,000 on any of these guys. Even if the cap goes to $62 or $63 million, the Penguins will be up against it."

Old
06-12-2011, 12:03 PM
JTG

I think guys like Rupp, Talbot, Dupuis, and Asham owe it to themselves to test the market. All 3 of them could potentially see more money and term than we could give. What they could do is allow Shero to have the last offer before they sign somewhere if they really like it here, but in doing that, Shero has been known to place deadlines on players essentially saying that you have until this time to accept my offer, and if you don't, we're moving on.

Old
06-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Dan Barr

I'll be very surprised and upset if Talbot gets 4 years or Dupuis gets 3 years.

Old
06-12-2011, 12:44 PM
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Barr View Post
from us? no way either get that.

Old
06-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Rakunitz23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Barr View Post
Cooke got 3 years, I don't see why Dupuis wouldn't deserve 3 (not that I want to give him anything, but w/e). I wouldn't mind giving Max 4 years at like 900k per, or 1 mill per, if he'd be willing to accept that.

Old
06-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Rakunitz23

Also, can we retitle this thread? I'm tired of thinking Rupp is gonna come back, just because some non-credible idiot on twitter said it

Old
06-12-2011, 01:18 PM
vecens24

Closed because there is still no official word. And there is actually word against it refuting it.

Closed Thread