HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Catbird Refuge/Sanctuary

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2011, 11:18 AM
dj4aces

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
This. The easiest way to spot a tourist in Nashville is look for cowboy boots and a cowboy hat. Essentially no locals wear that.
I'm glad I fit in with the locals when I was up there for a wedding in 2008.

Old
06-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Stitzel

Haha yes I agree Nashville is not as "country" as everyone thinks. I live in Alabama, and of the 20something stations that come on my radio, at least 7 of them are country (and another 7 are Alabama/Auburn football talk shows).

Also, I wasn't trying to troll about the goal song, trust me, I come from the Atlanta board, I know a thing or two about trolls. It was actually a legitimate question, with a bit of a joke attached to the end. I grew up listening to the Eagles, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Country. There, now I've covered my butt.

Since I can't say it for the Thrashers, then....well, here goes. "PREDS FOR THE CUP IN 2012!!!

Old
06-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
I'm glad I fit in with the locals when I was up there for a wedding in 2008.
I was driving in Donelson day before yesterday and saw a man with a black cowboy hat, black jeans, white shirt and a western string tie, accompanied by a blonde wearing a green checked outfit with white cowboy boots. Looked to be walking from their hotel to Shoney's. Knew immediately that they were here for Fan Fair.

We're mighty happy to have them and their money but they do stand out like a sore thumb.

Old
06-11-2011, 01:26 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
This. The easiest way to spot a tourist in Nashville is look for cowboy boots and a cowboy hat. Essentially no locals wear that.
exactly, or if your a wannabe country artist

Old
06-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Stitzel--I think you'll grow to like it and love it. I haven't heard anything regarding a change to it.

Old
06-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Nashville is not as "Southern" or "Country" as Canadiens and people up north think
this is true for pretty much any major city in the south

Old
06-11-2011, 02:35 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
seems to me like nashville is becoming much more associated with music in general rather than just country music
Indeed it is. People in the know have discovered that Nashville is a music hot spot for all types of genres.

Old
06-11-2011, 06:42 PM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
Indeed it is. People in the know have discovered that Nashville is a music hot spot for all types of genres.
perhaps that is why the nick is "Music City USA" and not "Country Music USA". always get a kick to tell non-locals that usually 7~9/10 of top rated radio stations at any given time are not country. think i am kidding....

http://nashville.about.com/od/media/...o-Stations.htm
http://nashville.about.com/gi/o.htm?...x%3D10%26y%3D6

....as many religous format stations as country.

i like WMOT when i'm in a jazz mood.

of course that opens another door that most people don't think about right off(bible belt). nashville has a big publishing industry(not just music or religious either).

Old
06-12-2011, 10:32 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Forgot to post the address. If you want Preds hockey locally, try sending emails to...

South.FOXSportsNet@fox.com

Old
06-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

It's possible that you will get both Nashville and Carolina. May depend on your cable carrier. My mom's on Charter in Northern Alabama and got Nashville and Atlanta games and seems like she also got Carolina games that were tape delayed if they were on at the same time Nashville's games were broadcast.

Old
06-12-2011, 02:58 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

we even get Hurricane games here in NSH

Old
06-12-2011, 03:37 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

On Comcast, I get both FOX sports Net and FOX Sports South. Maybe they can split that way.

Old
06-13-2011, 04:21 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
we even get Hurricane games here in NSH
Correct. On game night during the twilight hours, you could usually catch a Canes or Thrashers game. I've watched a few Canes' games this past season at 3 am.

Old
06-13-2011, 06:50 AM
thomas magnum

Just fired off an email to Fox Sports South. I really hope they start showing Preds games down here in Atlanta. I've talked to 4 different people who were are ex-Thrasher fans and will be supporting the Preds now.

Old
06-13-2011, 09:11 AM
thomas magnum

Wow! That was really quick. Got an response in just a couple of hours.

"Thank you for taking the time to write and for offering your feedback on which NHL team you would like to see in the Atlanta area. We continue to be in contact with the NHL on this issue and are working with them now to determine which NHL team can be carried on our networks in Atlanta. While we don't have a final answer yet, we are confident that you will continue to see hockey on our networks in Atlanta."

So don't know if were gonna be watching the Preds but it at least looks like we'll have some hockey to watch in the metro Atlanta area. That's good. Hope its not the Canes or Florida. Don't know that I would have much interest in watching them. I also hope that by saying "you will continue to see hockey on our networks in Atlanta" doesn't mean just more Eric Staal under the lights.

Old
06-13-2011, 09:12 AM
KevFist
is best pony

"Under The Lights: Eric Staal......The Movie" IN 3D!!!!!

Old
06-13-2011, 09:13 AM
KevFist
is best pony

Seriously, I'm just ready for the season to start again... I'm kinda hesitant to comment on any Preds ops things because I haven't really seen many Preds games.

Old
06-13-2011, 09:15 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinOneel View Post
Seriously, I'm just ready for the season to start again... I'm kinda hesitant to comment on any Preds ops things because I haven't really seen many Preds games.
I feel this way here and on the Buffalo board (draftee). I think I have a lot to learn before next season.

Old
06-13-2011, 09:38 AM
Top 6 Spaling

To the above and any other new posters, feel free to ask messages in this thread or the Franchise Analysis one. Heck, PM me questions if you're afraid of sounding stupid in front of everyone. We really want you guys to feel welcome here and learn to love this team as much as we do, so we are open. I know it'll take some time to learn our team, but let us know what we can do to help.

Old
06-13-2011, 09:50 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
To the above and any other new posters, feel free to ask messages in this thread or the Franchise Analysis one. Heck, PM me questions if you're afraid of sounding stupid in front of everyone. We really want you guys to feel welcome here and learn to love this team as much as we do, so we are open. I know it'll take some time to learn our team, but let us know what we can do to help.
Thanks, man. This is the reason it's becoming very easy to root for the Preds. Awesome fans.

Old
06-13-2011, 10:21 AM
cws
...in the drink

Interesting how things work out sometimes.

Drove from Nashville to Atlanta to see my one and only playoff game. Now, I'll have to drive from Atlanta to Nashville to see my next playoff game that I'll truly have interest in (if I can snag tickets that is).

Pretty sure I'll have zero problem with that when the time comes.

Old
06-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

i've had it with the winnipeg fans. now i've got some guy telling me the third and fourth lines don't matter. i understand you think the game hasn't changed since you lost your first team in the 90's but surprisingly it has, and as the loss of slater to the thrashers last year shows, good third liners make all the difference.

Old
06-13-2011, 11:28 AM
KevFist
is best pony

When you lose the #3 faceoff winner in the league, it tends to hurt your team...

Old
06-13-2011, 11:56 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
i've had it with the winnipeg fans. now i've got some guy telling me the third and fourth lines don't matter. i understand you think the game hasn't changed since you lost your first team in the 90's but surprisingly it has, and as the loss of slater to the thrashers last year shows, good third liners make all the difference.
I wouldn't say it makes all the difference. However, it is certainly an impact. I think the lack of legitimate third/fourth liners is one of the main reasons why Canada always struggles in the modern Olympics. Even when they win it all, they get pushed to the brink by vastly inferior teams, such as the U.S., in part because they ask superstars to play as role players.

Old
06-13-2011, 12:01 PM
cws
...in the drink

Quote:
I do my best not to engage. Too many of them seem way too wound up, and hyper-defensive about everything.
Then again, they are the most ripe for sarcasm. When the timing is right, I'm probably not gonna be able to resist.

I'd much rather deal with fans that get it, that have a sense of humor, that play well with others. Luckily we have that in abundance here.

Closed Thread