HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr doesn't want captaincy...Come on down Jamie Lundmark!

Closed Thread

Old
08-22-2005, 10:05 PM
Verbeek
Human see, human do.

vCash: 500
The thread title caught my eye... welcome to what Pittsburgh dealt with the last couple years Jagr was around.

Anyway, Is Jamie Lundmark really captain material? I see alot of you mention him, but he doesn't have that much NHL experience. Maybe Straka would work as captain for your team? I know there was talk about him taking over in Pittsburgh.

Old
08-22-2005, 10:41 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
With all due respect to Ortmeyer he is a marginal NHL player. There are no gurantees that he is even part of a long term plan for this team.

Heck there are no gurantees the kid even stays with the team all season. As the rebuild progresses he's going to be a player who is going to be getting pushed by the younger talent and in his case the rangers are stacked with third and fourth line players who probably have a bit more upside than him.

I like Ortmeyer but let's not get carried away here.
Let's get something very clear; Ortmeyer is not an improving kid. He is a veteran, fringe NHL player that will be 27 next week.

Old
08-22-2005, 10:44 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkin' Root Beer
"It's like some Chinese guy came to your office to give you advice about how to write your hockey coverage."

Is he high?! That's gotta be the lamest analogy I've ever heard. He must have made that boneheaded comment because of the so-called language/accent barrier. I guess leading by example doesn't work in the Czech league. Not that I would want him to be captain anyway if he's gonna open his mouth and make embarassing, demoralizing, and, not to mention, *borderline* prejudiced statements like that (Why does the guy have to be Chinese?). For my money, or Jimmy Dolan's money, whatever, I'll take a captain who leads by example, which is why the team voting policy after an experimental three-"A" period appears to be the best option

Which is exactly why he didnt want to be captain so what exactly are you complaining about?

Old
08-22-2005, 10:45 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen
Let's get something very clear; Ortmeyer is not an improving kid. He is a veteran, fringe NHL player that will be 27 next week.
I know, I agree with you.

That's how prospect deprived this organization has been. A guy who is going to be 27 years old is considered part of a youth movement.

God that make's me want to drink.......

Old
08-23-2005, 07:14 AM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Listen we could do this. We could make sathers new boy toy Jason Ward Captain with Malik ( NYR's new 3.5 million dollar D-man )and Betts ( Sather hasthe hotts for, who cares the guysalways injured lets sign him and give him aspot anyway )alternates.

So NYR could do that it would work.

Captain Ward
Alternate1- Betts
Alternate 2- Malik

Now thats heading in the right direction

.Ward an under achieving 1st rounder (#11 ) overall. Betts an injury prone 24 year old and the new 3.5 million $ non physical 6'5-225 lbs defenseman Malik as our leaders .

Old
08-23-2005, 07:23 AM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Aim 4588
Listen we could do this. We could make sathers new boy toy Jason Ward Captain with Malik ( NYR's new 3.5 million dollar D-man )and Betts ( Sather hasthe hotts for, who cares the guysalways injured lets sign him and give him aspot anyway )alternates.

Captain Ward
Alternate1- Betts
Alternate 2- Malik

.Ward an under achieving 1st rounder (#11 ) overall. Betts an injury prone 24 year old and the new 3.5 million $ non physical 6'5-225 lbs defenseman Malik as our leaders .
actually, malik is $2.5m, not $3.5m...

it's a bad contract, but let's not make it worse

Old
08-23-2005, 07:27 AM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCaptain11
actually, malik is $2.5m, not $3.5m...

it's a bad contract, but let's not make it worse
Who cares, either way he is like 1.5 - 2 Mill over paid. What a horrible contract.

Old
08-23-2005, 09:52 AM
Stinkin' Root Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Which is exactly why he didnt want to be captain so what exactly are you complaining about?
I know, but I'm particularly frustrated because - someone back me up here bc I'm thinking of newspaper quotes from March 2004 - Jagr went on the record saying things about how much he loved the city, how much he wanted to be a part of the organization AND that he wanted to finish his career with the Rangers. Basically, I got a very *captainy* vibe from what he said and his overall positive attitude (the best on the team at the time) during the dwindling weeks of the 2004 season.

Old
08-23-2005, 09:54 AM
94now

Jagr is right. North American should wear the C. We, however, got Euro team. There's no Canadian or American to choose from. Lundmark is not core player yet... Ortmayer is a forever kid. How about Weeks?

Old
08-23-2005, 09:59 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now
How about Weeks?
Since goaltender's are not allowed to cross center ice, I don't think it's possible for them to be Captains.

It sounds like Jagr is saying that the Captain should have a better command of English, perhaps for communicating with the officials, which I can understand. Whether that person is actually a North American should't really matter.

Old
08-23-2005, 10:15 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkin' Root Beer
"It's like some Chinese guy came to your office to give you advice about how to write your hockey coverage."

Is he high?! That's gotta be the lamest analogy I've ever heard. He must have made that boneheaded comment because of the so-called language/accent barrier. I guess leading by example doesn't work in the Czech league. Not that I would want him to be captain anyway if he's gonna open his mouth and make embarassing, demoralizing, and, not to mention, *borderline* prejudiced statements like that (Why does the guy have to be Chinese?). For my money, or Jimmy Dolan's money, whatever, I'll take a captain who leads by example, which is why the team voting policy after an experimental three-"A" period appears to be the best option
Holy overreaction, Batman!

Old
08-23-2005, 10:56 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Aim 4588

Captain Ward
Alternate1- Betts
Alternate 2- Malik

The problem with this is not a single one of them has suited up for one game for us yet. There really is nobody to give the C or even an A too that's shown he deserves it.

Old
08-23-2005, 11:04 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
The problem with this is not a single one of them has suited up for one game for us yet. There really is nobody to give the C or even an A too that's shown he deserves it.
You know he was being sarcastic, right?

Old
08-23-2005, 11:35 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron
You know he was being sarcastic, right?
Oops--now I'm a little embarrassed.

Old
08-23-2005, 04:53 PM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
BringBackNeilSmith
How soon we forget

TrueBlue...is that you?

P.S. We could have brought back Mazel Tov for a million more than Malik.

Old
08-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now
Jagr is right. North American should wear the C. We, however, got Euro team. There's no Canadian or American to choose from. Lundmark is not core player yet... Ortmayer is a forever kid. How about Weeks?

For what it's worth. No team captained by a European has ever won the Stanley Cup.

Old
08-23-2005, 05:27 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovy274Hart
For what it's worth. No team captained by a European has ever won the Stanley Cup.
There haven't been many teams who've had a European captain at this point either. It will happen.

Old
08-25-2005, 09:53 AM
94now

I guess case is closed. Ruccin is da man! I think Sather has listen to Jagr for once...

Old
08-25-2005, 12:18 PM
BringBackNeilSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovy274Hart
BringBackNeilSmith
How soon we forget

TrueBlue...is that you?

:amaze:
Nope, it's me.

Thank goodness Rucchin is here to take the job and Jagr and Kaspar can take A's. Now I can stop catching hell for suggesting that Ortmayer might stick in the big leagues.

Sheesh.

Closed Thread