HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leslie Treff Joins Us On Blueshirt Banter Radio Monday at 8:30 PM

Old
06-12-2011, 06:41 PM
The Mouth

vCash: 500
Leslie Treff Joins Us On Blueshirt Banter Radio Monday at 8:30 PM

As some of you know Leslie just visited the NHL combine and is the resident expert here on HF on ranger prospects. She is one of my favorite guests because she really imparts greater knowledge on where prospects stand in their development as possible NHL players for the Rangers.

Join us and dont be late !

8:30 Pm Start

Blueshirt Banter Radio

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Ranger Angst

Looking forward to this. Please take the time to ask about McIlrath's progress . I trust Leslie's judgement.

Ranger Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

If I'm home, I'll tune in. Leslie knows what she's talking about.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 07:02 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

is there going to be a knife fight over Erixon?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 07:54 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Sweet. Leslie is a great guest.

I'm curious as to if she'll let us in on who the Rangers interviewed after hearing that Dallas spoke to Armia for 3 hours.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 08:04 PM
The Mouth

it will also be available on podcast or download from itunes if you cant join us live. I will relay all your questions to leslie that are posted in this thread.

Old
06-12-2011, 08:16 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

-Will Erixon definitely be at camp, and not spending another year in Sweden?
-Does she see Pashnin getting signed?
-Will Lindbergh be at camp?

Old
06-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mouth View Post
it will also be available on podcast or download from itunes if you cant join us live. I will relay all your questions to leslie that are posted in this thread.
Can you please ask Leslie the following question:

What do you expect the Rangers to do if they fail to sign Brad Richards? Go after Weiss, Stastny, Spezza, etc...

Thanks

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 09:08 PM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Will McIlrath be at camp?

Any speculation on the plan B to Richards?

Are the Rangers aiming towards taking at forwards; any speculation about moving up, down, or acquring a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Will McIlrath be at camp?

Any speculation on the plan B to Richards?

Are the Rangers aiming towards taking at forwards; any speculation about moving up, down, or acquring a 2nd or 3rd round pick?
Obviously I wouldn't know more than her, but wasn't Mcilrath at camp last year? Considering we signed him, I see no reason why he wouldn't be here this year.

Old
06-12-2011, 09:17 PM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Obviously I wouldn't know more than her, but wasn't Mcilrath at camp last year? Considering we signed him, I see no reason why he wouldn't be here this year.
I meant will he be playing any preseason games? I want to catch a glimpse of him.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 10:40 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Anyone feel like posting some pertinent highlights of Leslie's interview?

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 12:59 AM
The Mouth

It's late here but I will try to remember.

she talked about the combine and mentioned the process and a couple of the high draft picks and how they looked at the combine

Rangers were disenfranchised with Werek for some undisclosed reason and had no intent of signing him to a ELC

Mcilrath is a long term project that could be 3 years away.

Leslie loved The Tim Erixon deal she said it basically was a steal.

If grachev doesnt make some noise this year, he could be a potential bust, but she emphasized his young age.

The rangers will not try to put any pressure on Kreider, but they want him in Connecticut and playing pro hockey for them

Gordie Clark has the final decision on all prospect decisions and drafting over everybody.

Rangers are eager to see if christian thomas can play with men.

I think she mention Hagelin briefly but projected him to be a third liner. I'm not sure of that though. I remember being surprised by that.

Old
06-14-2011, 05:50 AM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
I think she mention Hagelin briefly but projected him to be a third liner. I'm not sure of that though. I remember being surprised by that.
That's pretty well known by now. Good interview though, Mouth.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 07:06 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
It's late here but I will try to remember.

she talked about the combine and mentioned the process and a couple of the high draft picks and how they looked at the combine

Rangers were disenfranchised with Werek for some undisclosed reason and had no intent of signing him to a ELC. my take on this is there was some issues with his wanting to play in ny. for hi to be shipped out there must have been signability concerns.

Mcilrath is a long term project that could be 3 years away. i think we are beginning to see the turning of mcilrath from impact first round steal to something more realistic, which is a guy who will probably be a 3rd pair dman down the road and whom we reached for. as has been said 1000 times before, guys like mcilrath are better found in later rounds or in free agency. hope im wrong, its still early, but this next year will tell alot when it comes to projecting his upside as an nhl player.

Leslie loved The Tim Erixon deal she said it basically was a steal. no brainer.

If grachev doesnt make some noise this year, he could be a potential bust, but she emphasized his young age. make or break year for the ev. he either puts it together and forces us to call him up, or hes khl bound for a payday. he still hasnt shown me he gets it yet. and im a big fan of the big russian. the guy just needs to play better.

The rangers will not try to put any pressure on Kreider, but they want him in Connecticut and playing pro hockey for them. kreider is a concern for me. choosing to play bc rather than saint johns where his offensive development curve would have been much steeper = mistake. and now choosing to stay at bc rather than sign his contract= bigger mistake. not impressed with his decisions so far. i mean isnt this guy a first rounder and supposed to be our best forward prospect. if true, explain why hes taking the carl hagelin approach to hockey. seems like hes in no hurry to begin his career. something is fishy here.

Gordie Clark has the final decision on all prospect decisions and drafting over everybody. even mcilrath

Rangers are eager to see if christian thomas can play with men. me too. love this kids gun. im hoping he finds a home on the left side of our powerplay. he can show mr. gaborik what a one timer top shelf looks liike since gaby has obviously forgotten.

I think she mention Hagelin briefly but projected him to be a third liner. I'm not sure of that though. I remember being surprised by that. carl is the prototypical 3rd liner. good wheels, smart, defensively responsible. his shot isnt his strength but hes smart and hes creative enough to play right away i think. his speed gets him a spot this year and his pk work will get him extra minutes. hes got a good chance to make the team this year.
my take

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 02:56 PM
The Mouth

Well thanks for clearing up Hagelin for me. Again i don't know everything about prospects that's why this board rocks and why I can talk to people like Leslie all night.

I interviewed Werek and he said he dreamed of being a New York Ranger every night.

When I asked that when I interviewed Krieder he said he really didn't think about being a ranger along with his WJC teammate Bourque.

That took place right before the WJC, which they eventually won.

also thanks for the kind words.

LGR

Old
06-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

mp3?

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 04:14 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Nothing on Fasth or the other half of the Werek deal aka Lindberg? How about Pashnin is the guy going to play in Hartford or is he KHL bound? How about Vtank, is this guy going to get a shot on Broadway or what? I want to see him challenge Girardi in shot blocking. Was Kundratek really the best all round defensman last year in Hartford, better than McD?

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote