HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Darche is back- 1 year deal- 700K

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-12-2011, 09:06 PM
  #226
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,788
vCash: 500
this signing was a no-brainer.
great value for the buck.

Seriously, if u have a problem with this signing u either don't watch many games or u don't pay attention while watching the games

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 11:01 PM
  #227
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 27,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
this signing was a no-brainer.
great value for the buck.

Seriously, if u have a problem with this signing u either don't watch many games or u don't pay attention while watching the games
Last year, the argument could be done that, with so little space, opting for another vet would have been better.

But this year, after the season he's had, as you said, it was a no-brainer. I'm actually surprised he didn't get more money.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 11:06 PM
  #228
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshawa General View Post
I agree with you once again, really looks like we're a minority around here, fans here are happy with the status quo, let's see, just signed Gill, a slow footed skater who had trouble keeping up last season, and now Darche, yes, a classy guy with an outstanding work ethic, realistically an AHL player with a big heart< BUT, how does this make them a better team?
This team barely made the payoffs again last year, and so far there is not one move that has made them any better than last year, just a bunch of bottom line tinkering with players that Jacques Martin can handle. I guess Tom Pyatt is the next big name to be signed, LOL
How much better dfo expect our 600/700K guys to be ??


the guy is a 3rd/4th liner... at best we could have brought a kid from the AHL for what, 600K ? 100K saved, big woop!

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 11:11 PM
  #229
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,208
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
@Osahwa General, etc...

Status Quo, How do you expect them to make major moves until July 1st. The Season is still on! They are just signing reg Joes that are necessary & don't cost much. Darche is a spare part, you don't put young guys in his role.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 11:40 PM
  #230
LyleOdelein
Registered User
 
LyleOdelein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Renfrew
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
How much better dfo expect our 600/700K guys to be ??


the guy is a 3rd/4th liner... at best we could have brought a kid from the AHL for what, 600K ? 100K saved, big woop!
Darche is a fourth liner that won't complain when he doesn't get minutes. He put up 10+ goals and 25+ pts. He's well liked in the room. He can step in on the PP if he's needed. He is not a fighter, but he plays with tons of grit and gets his nose dirty every game. He signed for a smaller cap hit than guys like Bishop, Palushaj, Schultz and Enqvist would cost the Habs (hell, his cap hit is only 34K more than Berger's would be).

It's absolutely absurd that people can criticize this signing.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 11:43 PM
  #231
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,208
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleOdelein View Post
Darche is a fourth liner that won't complain when he doesn't get minutes. He put up 10+ goals and 25+ pts. He's well liked in the room. He can step in on the PP if he's needed. He is not a fighter, but he plays with tons of grit and gets his nose dirty every game. He signed for a smaller cap hit than guys like Bishop, Palushaj, Schultz and Enqvist would cost the Habs (hell, his cap hit is only 34K more than Berger's would be).

It's absolutely absurd that people can criticize this signing.
The guy earned it and the City's respect, in both Languages! That's not an Easy thing to do!

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 10:14 AM
  #232
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Last year, the argument could be done that, with so little space, opting for another vet would have been better.

But this year, after the season he's had, as you said, it was a no-brainer. I'm actually surprised he didn't get more money.
Darche has had a tough road, he'll never ask for much, as long as he can remain with his beloved bleu-blanc-rouge. He probably learned from Bégin's bigger contract (and from what happened to Moore). If you wanna stay here and you're a marginal player, better take less salary, you have more chances that they'll keep you.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.