HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs Brass have POOR memories

Old
06-13-2011, 10:18 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
That's not food for logic, that's your own conclusions based on your assumptions. Now I could easily debate this, but it's been said and done over and over, just search for posts by me with the word "Markov" in your search and you'll know what I mean. And the other reason I don't want to debate this with you is that it's pointless, as I remember all your posts from last year, and just the fact that you still have that username makes me remember just how bad you are at logic and only base your conclusion on your subjective view, without taking arguments that show another side. Maybe you've learned from that as Price has proven you wrong this year, but I highly doubt that. Please don't bother replying to me again. You can do so, but I won't reply.
Taking your toys and going home so soon? You might not discuss things with people whose name you don't like, but I am quite willing to have a discussion with someone who bumbled a high school level math problem so publicly. You're a legend in your own mind, lol.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 10:24 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habblues View Post
As far as I`m concerned the Habs brass have poor memories by which they fail (every year) to recognize the players that were KEY to getting the Habs into the playoffs and worked like dogs during the playoffs. Last summer they let certain players walk after a terrific season and playoff run. And here we go again. I just can`t imagine even thinking about letting the WIZ walk after what he did for this team. He was the main reason they made the playoffs, THE MAIN REASON imo ! He was a warrior in the playoffs even though he was playing with many injuries.....As far as I`m concerned they can`t afford to lose a guy like that.
Did you ever think for a second that maybe he was offered a contract but didn't accept it and wants to see what's out there on July the 1st? He has had a great season and it's not every year a player can cash in the way he might this summer, think about it

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 10:31 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Did you ever think for a second that maybe he was offered a contract but didn't accept it and wants to see what's out there on July the 1st? He has had a great season and it's not every year a player can cash in the way he might this summer, think about it
Wiz's agent somewhat runs the show at this point...so he may be saying wait until July 1st because of the Wings situatuion...that being said, Wiz himself said he wanted to stay, and his family loved Montreal...never under estimate what power the wife may have in these cases...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 10:42 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
People forget how bad defensively Wizniewski is and forget how GREAT defensively Markov is.
Nobody is downplaying how great Markov is defensively. But Wiz isn't bad defensively. He can hold his own. He doesn't make gaffes like Souray did. He's reliable. He may not be a great shut down guy but he isn't a liability in his own zone.

I don't know where this he's bad defensively mentality comes from. Every game, you hear about Spacek gaffes, or Hamrlik gaffes or Gill gaffes cuz they were tired, it was very rare that Wiz made gaffes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Subbang says hi
I don't think Subban has a mean streak in him. I think he plays a solid physical game which is great but I haven't seen him try and hurt anyone or get mad, aka mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Wiz's agent somewhat runs the show at this point...so he may be saying wait until July 1st because of the Wings situatuion...that being said, Wiz himself said he wanted to stay, and his family loved Montreal...never under estimate what power the wife may have in these cases...
I'm kinda hoping that the fact that he took french lessons when he was traded here is a sign that he actually thought at the time that he wanted to be here long term. I think the fact that growing up in Michigan will give him a solid hockey background and a solid respect for the Habs.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 11:43 AM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by md3k View Post
I think people undervalue Hamrlik and Spacek. Hamrlik has stepped up in a big way when Markov gets injured and plays line 1 minutes. Him and Spacek might be old but they are very solid defensemen. I don't think Wiz has the defensive side that these 2 have.
I agree 100% but Spacek is the slowest of our slow D men so I would move him....I like him don`t get me wrong but we need the Wiz more than Spacek.

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 11:58 AM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
The only CapGeek lists I see including Wisniewski AND Markov are ones that put Spacek as a seventh defenseman. We all know the Habs brass will not bench Spacek, that is just a complete waste of our assets. Especially with almost 4mil being spent on him.

It is just plain bad asset management signing Markov and Wisniweski, pretty much having Markov, Subban, Gorges, Gill, Wiz, Spacek as our top 6, and pushing Emelin and Weber as number 7 and 8? It just doesn't add up. We don't need Wisniewski at all and it's painfully obvious. That's just too many top D and not enough top forwards.
The WIZ is a proven vet. Both he and Price were our MVP since he arrived IMO. The Wiz took measures into his own hands and won many games for us this year and leading us into the playoffs.
As we were getting pounded in the faceoff circle by the Bruins, I kept thinking "they let a guy like Moore walk away from the team after playing fantastic in the 2010 playoffs for us." Gave up a seond for him and then let him walk after showing he was a leader.......My way of thinking is that you keep your guys with true grit and heart.

Old
06-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Habblues

Guys I trealize what Price, Subban, and Hamrlik did for us.......But go back and check the score sheets. We were offensively challenged until the Wiz came along. Yes we were missing Gorges and Markov. But we have to face reality, Markov is a huge question mark in my mind. I think we can win without him if need be. If he`s healthy he is still our #1 guy......But once again, Markov, the Wiz, Subban,Gorges,Gill and Hamrlik are one talented core. I see no reason we can`t build around those guys.
In the 70`s we built our D around 3 players, Robinson, Savard, and Lapointe. Everybody else came and went.

Old
06-13-2011, 12:16 PM
The Goalie Mask

Wiz should deffinately be resigned(4-5 million)...it would be foolish to let him walk. Reasons being;

1- If Markov gets injured we take 5 steps back without Wiz
2- If Markov doesn't, it gives us depth,a good second PP & a few lines 5on5 threats
3- If he doesn't we lose a second rounder again
4- If we sign him, it gives us a great trading card at the trade deadline to feel needs

In terms of money for a top 6, there really isn't any good choices in the UFA market. Yes, Laich would be nice but everybody will be throwing big money at him. Jagr is our short term answer for top 6. At 2-3million 1 year deal we can't go wrong and we can do it while still signing Wiz,Markov & Gorges.

Get it done Gauthier...sign Markov,Gorge,Wiz & Jagr!

The Goalie Mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Pretty sure Habs brass aren't stupid and realize they have a pretty good player in Wiz, one they'd love more than anyone here to keep on board.

Last edited by Em Ancien: 06-13-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 01:44 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin Udall View Post
What if this is...as good as it gets!
that little gem at the end of every single one of your posts gets ****ing annoying real fast

cry more

Last edited by MasterDecoy: 06-15-2011 at 02:08 AM.
MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 07:20 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Pretty sure Habs brass aren't stupid and realize they have a pretty good player in Wiz, one they'd love more than anyone here to keep on board.
I'm sure if Gauthier could re sign him for 4-4.5 mil cap hit over 3-5 years he'd do it in a heratbeat, but I'm sure Wisniewski's camp is looking to cash in and get 5.5-6 mil, especially if Detroit sees him as a replacement for Rafalski.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 07:53 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I don't think Subban has a mean streak in him. I think he plays a solid physical game which is great but I haven't seen him try and hurt anyone or get mad, aka mean.

Having no respect is mean

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 08:55 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCareyPrice View Post
Taking your toys and going home so soon? You might not discuss things with people whose name you don't like, but I am quite willing to have a discussion with someone who bumbled a high school level math problem so publicly. You're a legend in your own mind, lol.
Listen dude, getting personal on a damn hockey site is sad. Just talk hockey. Stop trying to win arguments. Geez.

It's called fun and debate, not winning and being best.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 09:06 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Wiz's agent somewhat runs the show at this point...so he may be saying wait until July 1st because of the Wings situatuion...that being said, Wiz himself said he wanted to stay, and his family loved Montreal...never under estimate what power the wife may have in these cases...;)
Especially after she spends June in MTL. Music fests, great cafes, great weather, bars...Detroit is Suburban. There is no city there.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 11:08 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habblues View Post
Guys I trealize what Price, Subban, and Hamrlik did for us.......But go back and check the score sheets. We were offensively challenged until the Wiz came along. Yes we were missing Gorges and Markov. But we have to face reality, Markov is a huge question mark in my mind. I think we can win without him if need be. If he`s healthy he is still our #1 guy......But once again, Markov, the Wiz, Subban,Gorges,Gill and Hamrlik are one talented core. I see no reason we can`t build around those guys.
In the 70`s we built our D around 3 players, Robinson, Savard, and Lapointe. Everybody else came and went.
Sorry, you can't have them all because...$$$$$....

Pick between Hamrlik and Wiz. You can't have both.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:42 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCareyPrice View Post
Seriously, could anything be more irrelevant to this discussion than THAT?

I prefer that we all stick to the subject, which is one of legitimate debate, if we are talking about HOW to BEST spend 62 million dollars or so. I guarantee that skill in addition is not how the decision gets made by PG in real life. The decision will be about CHOICES, all of which internally will add up properly.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote