HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

11-12 Central Canada Hockey League

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-06-2011, 10:20 AM
  #76
dirk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
I think it will be Meuiller going to Kanata for Bussey...

If its a forward, Hrehoriak

dirk is offline  
Old
06-06-2011, 01:33 PM
  #77
CHL Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 18
vCash: 500
CP Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrick2000 View Post
I attended some of the activity at the CP training camp this weekend and noticed a few regulars missing. Maybe they were excused however just wondering if anyone knows if they will be attending the main camp in August.....

1) Matt English - was their Captain
2) Richard Stethem - 2nd leading scorer
3) Tanner Hilderbrant - acquired in trade with Pembroke (found his groove in CP)

Anyone know if they were unable to attend or if they will not be part of the group this year.........?
I too was at the camp all weekend and word is 2 of these 3 guys will not be playing with CP this season. Word is JC has secured a few great players coming from the USHL and another US team.
Camp to me was a little, more like a game of shiney. CP will be more physcial before the season begins with a few more big, tough skilled additions and I expect to see some of the smaller players with soft hands but softer physcially be moved. I was surprised to see a few returnees looked out and shape but they have 8 weeks to get in shape.
Another note of the 12 or 13 goalies there the kid Yetman looked really sharp and ready to take over the starter slot this coming season

CHL Fan is offline  
Old
06-06-2011, 02:01 PM
  #78
Ottawa Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Have to love this time of the year, every team is full of optimism and reportedly has all kinds of great players coming.

Until the players are signed and wearing the teams uniform in the first league game you just do not know. Lots of players are shopping themselves around looking for the best offer and teams are trying to string players along leaving themselves options hoping to find someone better.

Ottawa Guy is offline  
Old
06-06-2011, 05:52 PM
  #79
everett331
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
Have to love this time of the year, every team is full of optimism and reportedly has all kinds of great players coming.

Until the players are signed and wearing the teams uniform in the first league game you just do not know. Lots of players are shopping themselves around looking for the best offer and teams are trying to string players along leaving themselves options hoping to find someone better.
I agree you don't know until the season starts and even then things can change quicky


Last edited by everett331: 06-09-2011 at 08:37 PM.
everett331 is offline  
Old
06-07-2011, 08:43 AM
  #80
valleydude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
. Lots of players are shopping themselves around looking for the best offer and teams are trying to string players along leaving themselves options hoping to find someone better.
I am just new to following this league as my kid is about to attempt the transition from minor hockey, so pardon the newbie question.

What do you mean by "best offer". What kind of things can a CJHL team offer without violating a players NCAA eligibility. Or is that not a concern of all players in this league ?

valleydude is offline  
Old
06-08-2011, 07:56 AM
  #81
Ottawa Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitans View Post
I am just new to following this league as my kid is about to attempt the transition from minor hockey, so pardon the newbie question.

What do you mean by "best offer". What kind of things can a CJHL team offer without violating a players NCAA eligibility. Or is that not a concern of all players in this league ?
There is lots for "free agents" to choose between when selecting a team. Players are looking for the best fit, what line will you play on (1st, 2nd , 3rd or 4th?), is the team likely to make playoffs, win championship, is it a high scout league/team, coach.........some players prefer weaker teams hoping it will end up in more ice time for them.....

Ottawa Guy is offline  
Old
06-08-2011, 06:21 PM
  #82
hattrick2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
Carleton Place

Congratulations to Sebastian Poirier on committing to Westfield University. I am a big fan of CP and am looking forward to this year. However I have a question that I would like answered if someone out there knows the answer.
Their leading scorer from last year Ryan Lowe is apparently going to Adrian College in the fall however from what I have seen the CP Canadians have not congratulated him for doing this. Actually quite the opposite from what I have been told by some individuals that were with the team last year. Apparently JC is not very happy that Lowe decided to go to school this year and feels Lowe owes it to him to play his final year in CP. He was so upset that he apparently stripped Lowe of the "A" prior to the playoffs to prove his point and did not even acknowledge that Lowe was leaving at their awards banquet (Class Act Jason....Not). He did acknowledge that Sebastien was leaving for college at the banquet. If this is true, is this not the opposite of what the CJHL says they are here for? They say it is a stepping stone to bigger and better things. If this is the way JC treats his players (not matter what their skill level is) it is no wonder they have a big turn around every year.

If CP won't congratulate Lowe I will. Congratulations Ryan and good luck at Adrian. I enjoyed watching you play the last 2 years and you have inspired my young lad (smaller kid) to continue to play hockey.


Last edited by hattrick2000: 06-09-2011 at 12:59 PM.
hattrick2000 is offline  
Old
06-09-2011, 07:36 AM
  #83
everett331
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrick2000 View Post
Congratulations to Sebastian Poirier on committing to Westfield University. I am a big fan of CP and am looking forward to this year. However I have a question that I would like answered if someone out there knows the answer.
Their leading scorer from last year Ryan Lowe is apparently going to Adrian College in the fall however from what I have seen the CP Canadians have not congratulated him for doing this. Actually quite the opposite from what I have been told by some individuals that were with the team last year. Apparently JC is not very happy that Lowe decided to go to school this year and feels Lowe owes it to him to play his final year in CP. He was so upset that he stripped Lowe of the "A" prior to the playoffs to prove his point and did not even acknowledge that Lowe was leaving at their awards banquet (Class Act Jason....Not). He did acknowledge that Sebastien was leaving for college at the banquet. If this is true, is this not the opposite of what the CJHL says they are here for? They say it is a stepping stone to bigger and better things. If this is the way JC treats his players (not matter what their skill level is) it is no wonder they have a big turn around every year.

If CP won't congratulate Lowe I will. Congratulations Ryan and good luck at Adrian. I enjoyed watching you play the last 2 years and you have inspired my young lad (smaller kid) to continue to play hockey.
Player definetly see that type of things within teams and make decision based on how a team runs it program. They should always promote the advancement of players to college and university as it show the market ability of the team to be an advancement in there careers. I think if done right CP could be a great franchise as from visiting there it carries a similiar feel from my town in Pembroke.

everett331 is offline  
Old
06-09-2011, 08:49 AM
  #84
CCHL1982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrick2000 View Post
Congratulations to Sebastian Poirier on committing to Westfield University. I am a big fan of CP and am looking forward to this year. However I have a question that I would like answered if someone out there knows the answer.
Their leading scorer from last year Ryan Lowe is apparently going to Adrian College in the fall however from what I have seen the CP Canadians have not congratulated him for doing this. Actually quite the opposite from what I have been told by some individuals that were with the team last year. Apparently JC is not very happy that Lowe decided to go to school this year and feels Lowe owes it to him to play his final year in CP. He was so upset that he stripped Lowe of the "A" prior to the playoffs to prove his point and did not even acknowledge that Lowe was leaving at their awards banquet (Class Act Jason....Not). He did acknowledge that Sebastien was leaving for college at the banquet. If this is true, is this not the opposite of what the CJHL says they are here for? They say it is a stepping stone to bigger and better things. If this is the way JC treats his players (not matter what their skill level is) it is no wonder they have a big turn around every year.

If CP won't congratulate Lowe I will. Congratulations Ryan and good luck at Adrian. I enjoyed watching you play the last 2 years and you have inspired my young lad (smaller kid) to continue to play hockey.

Sounds like you might be related to Ryan Lowe...are you his dad or something? If you're that concerned about him not getting a note of congratulations on the website or at their banquet as you say, then why don't you man up and confront Clarke about it? The classless thing is you coming on to a fan forum and whining about it - all while hiding behind a made up name.

CCHL1982 is offline  
Old
06-09-2011, 09:21 AM
  #85
Ottawa Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Kanata Coach?

Anyone hear if Kanata has a new coach yet? They have a camp this weekend and you would think that they would want it resolved. Kind of tough to recruit free agent players for FPC without one, most want to meet the coach before making a decision on where to play.

Ottawa Guy is offline  
Old
06-09-2011, 09:49 AM
  #86
CHL Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 18
vCash: 500
Related to a Player or a Player???

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCHL1982 View Post
Sounds like you might be related to Ryan Lowe...are you his dad or something? If you're that concerned about him not getting a note of congratulations on the website or at their banquet as you say, then why don't you man up and confront Clarke about it? The classless thing is you coming on to a fan forum and whining about it - all while hiding behind a made up name.
I tend to agree with the comments above but feel it may not be Lowe relative be a family off a player or player presently with CP right now and not a player who have spent a full season in the CJ. That's my observation from seeing many of his comments since last fall.

CHL Fan is offline  
Old
06-09-2011, 09:58 AM
  #87
hattrick2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCHL1982 View Post
Sounds like you might be related to Ryan Lowe...are you his dad or something? If you're that concerned about him not getting a note of congratulations on the website or at their banquet as you say, then why don't you man up and confront Clarke about it? The classless thing is you coming on to a fan forum and whining about it - all while hiding behind a made up name.
First of, I am not related to Ryan Lowe or any other of the current or past players of the CP canadians. I am a fan of hockey......period. Everytime someone make a comment about a specific player someone always feel they must be related. People do go to these games because they enjoy hockey. These same people also have favorite players as they like the way they play the game. If you look in the stands of the smaller teams like CP it is made up primarily of hockey fans, not relatives of the player.

I am not just concerned about Mr. Lowe not getting congratulated I am also concerned at the way a team treats the players. If a player getting a chance to play hockey in the NCAA or anywhere else for that matter after playing in the CCHL then the team should be advertising the fact. Advertising the fact the a player is leaving for better league or school would only help their cause when trying to attract new players. As I plan on attending CP games for years to come obviously I would want the product to be good.

I apologize to you for saying how I feel if it hurts your feelings. As this is the only post you ever made, maybe you are related to Jason Clarke and feel you need to defend him.


Last edited by hattrick2000: 06-09-2011 at 01:00 PM.
hattrick2000 is offline  
Old
06-09-2011, 11:13 AM
  #88
CCHL1982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrick2000 View Post
First of, I am not related to Ryan Lowe or any other of the current or past players of the CP canadians. I am a fan of hockey......period. Everytime someone make a comment about a specific player someone always feel they must be related. People do go to these games because they enjoy hockey. These same people also have favorite players as they like the way they play the game. If you look in the stands of the smaller teams like CP it is made up primarily of hockey fans, not relatives of the player.

I am not just concerned about Mr. Lowe not getting congratulated I am also concerned at the way a team treats the players. If a player getting a chance to play hockey in the NCAA or anywhere else for that matter after playing in the CCHL then the team should be advertising the fact, not punishing him by removing the "A" from his jersey on the last game of the regular season. Advertising the fact the a player is leaving for better league or school would only help their cause when trying to attract new players. As I plan on attending CP games for years to come obviously I would want the product to be good.

I apologize to you for saying how I feel if it hurts your feelings. As this is the only post you ever made, maybe you are related to Jason Clarke and feel you need to defend him.

I'm also a fan of hockey...but I don't seem to have a lot of the inside knowledge you possess. I don't know Jason Clarke from Adam so don't feel you need to take a soft stance with your comments about him to me. You must be pretty close to someone in the organization though or else you wouldn't know some of the stuff you do. I'm fairly certain, however, that a coach at this level would not remove an "A" from a player because he chose to go to school rather than play in the league.

In any case, why don't you talk to Clarke directly about it then? If you're such a fan of hockey and seemingly the Canadians, why not bring up your concerns to him rather than do it here? You sound like you're around the CP rink enough...make your voice heard.

CCHL1982 is offline  
Old
06-09-2011, 11:53 AM
  #89
hattrick2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCHL1982 View Post
I'm also a fan of hockey...but I don't seem to have a lot of the inside knowledge you possess. I don't know Jason Clarke from Adam so don't feel you need to take a soft stance with your comments about him to me. You must be pretty close to someone in the organization though or else you wouldn't know some of the stuff you do. I'm fairly certain, however, that a coach at this level would not remove an "A" from a player because he chose to go to school rather than play in the league.

In any case, why don't you talk to Clarke directly about it then? If you're such a fan of hockey and seemingly the Canadians, why not bring up your concerns to him rather than do it here? You sound like you're around the CP rink enough...make your voice heard.
I will take your suggestion and talk to JC about this the next time I see him around town. That being said, I doubt he would tell me that he is peed off at a player because he decided that he was not coming back the next year to go to NCAA as that would show that the team does want the players to move on until they can no longer play in the league.

I am done with this topic and will move on......


Last edited by hattrick2000: 06-09-2011 at 01:01 PM.
hattrick2000 is offline  
Old
06-09-2011, 08:40 PM
  #90
Gettrdone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
I read a lot of posts and rarely comment, but I'm getting tired of reading immature posts like yours.

I agree with Ottawafan66 and Everett331. CCHL1982, you're out of line.

Gettrdone is offline  
Old
06-09-2011, 09:22 PM
  #91
hawkeye guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
Hawks make another move!!!

Wow,Hawksbury has made a big move acquiring Richard Stetham and Nic Pascoal from CP.

hawkeye guy is offline  
Old
06-09-2011, 09:37 PM
  #92
everett331
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye guy View Post
Wow,Hawksbury has made a big move acquiring Richard Stetham and Nic Pascoal from CP.
From the games I seen with Hawsbury last year they seem to be a young fast team and play alot better at the years end. The addition of these two players will add some more experience and skill level and hopefully make them closer to a play-off spot. It appears sk was also busy so far this summer, was reading twitter where stated " Another good day for PLK. Happy with the seven committed recruits for next season so far. Hoping for more to come. " It seems he's getting ready for another run.

everett331 is offline  
Old
06-10-2011, 05:23 AM
  #93
raz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 219
vCash: 500
Well its been a while since the last post, the hangover is almost over, !

What can the Lumber Kings do for an encore, well, they have already signed 6 very, very strong players over the past month and looks like they wont skip a beat.

Recruiting has really never been an issue for SK, but having his resume and a National Championship now, made this a little easier!

Look for several forwards to blow your mind in the new recruits, together with the leadership and goaltenders returning, well, lets just say they will be ready.

Lets face it the Lumber Kings had to recruit strength again, you can't go into the following season as a weak team after winning the RBC. All things come to an end but im not sure this is that year, PLK fans will be happy with there team again!

The most consecutive wins by a franchise of a junior league was the Prince Albert Raiders who won 7 straight, they moved them to the WHL! Dont bet against the same thing happening in Pembroke.

Oh well training camp is only 2 months away, can hardly wait to see banner night!!!

raz is offline  
Old
06-10-2011, 03:13 PM
  #94
dirk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
Rangers name new coach

Sylvain Favreau assumes the role of Head Coach for the Gloucester Rangers. Jennings will remain on the bench and will see some PP time this year

dirk is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 09:41 AM
  #95
clear the track
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 160
vCash: 500
Kanatas Woes

I have heard that Kyle Rankin is off to the USHL. If this is so Kanatas situation doers look bleek. No coach, Pat Higgins said no thanks, no serious goal tending and they may have just lost their best forward.

This team will struggle to make the playoffs this year.

clear the track is offline  
Old
06-11-2011, 11:08 AM
  #96
Johnny 2K8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clear the track View Post
I have heard that Kyle Rankin is off to the USHL. If this is so Kanatas situation doers look bleek. No coach, Pat Higgins said no thanks, no serious goal tending and they may have just lost their best forward.

This team will struggle to make the playoffs this year.
I was told last night that both Rankin and Norris signed in the USHL. Kanata and Nepean both lose their top player.

Johnny 2K8 is offline  
Old
06-13-2011, 07:32 AM
  #97
dirk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
Prospect Camps

heavy schedule of Prospect Camps coming up...Rangers past weekend, Grads and Hawks this weekend..

Any reports on Rangers Camp? alot of of holes to fill on that team..

dirk is offline  
Old
06-13-2011, 08:17 AM
  #98
Ottawa Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Kanata also had their camp this weekend. They only had two teams of players and not a lot of depth. In addition to Rankin leaving for the USHL, it looks as if Cobold is heading to the OHL and the players from Newfoundland do not want to return. Looks like their is a long way to go to build a FPC team.

Ottawa Guy is offline  
Old
06-13-2011, 09:12 AM
  #99
dirk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
sorry Ottawa Guy...forgot about Kanata's camp...I also heard that both Cobbold and Duhaime will sign in St. Mikes..Kanata will be a complete overhaul this year...

dirk is offline  
Old
06-13-2011, 11:30 AM
  #100
kaddie0
Registered User
 
kaddie0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cornwall Ontario
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
Would the league ever decide to yank the FPC from kanata and place itsomewhere else in the league or will they leave it where it is

kaddie0 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.