HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How much confidence do you have in Stepan & Anisimov?

View Poll Results: Confidence in Stepan being a good #1 center
10-30% 12 11.54%
30-50% 21 20.19%
50-70% 37 35.58%
70-90% 23 22.12%
90% + 11 10.58%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-13-2011, 08:22 AM
JimmyStart*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
Krejci is the leading the playoffs in points and goals as of right now.

Sorry, that's just how I feel about artem and Derek. Will be very good NHL players, but neither will be the big timer that puts us over the edge. I hope I'm wrong, but if I am proven wrong it might already be too late for some other assets of ours.
Both have shown enough where either could put us over though of course only 1 team wins every year. But even if we had gretzky that's a guy capable of putting you over but he didn't win a cup every year. The whole team has to be good enough and Artie and Step will develop into pieces who are good enough. Everyone around them has to be better too though AND we need say two more contributors. One F and one D -man. Those two are definitely pieces to a championship puzzle

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 08:35 AM
mullichicken25

both will be good to great players...but neither will be elite

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 01:33 PM
dccuse

I think artie has the leg up. He can dominate play physically, which stepan can't do.

Some of you reject the thought that Anisimov can turn into a datsyuk-esque center - but as of yet, Artie's ahead of Pavel's curve.

Datsyuk is 5-11 and weighs only a few pounds more than a much younger artie.

As a 22 year old center, anisimov had 44 points. Guess how many Datsyuk had...

ZERO. Datsyuk wasn't in the league at 22.

Give Artie a chance, he's trying to put together a vaster set of attributes than stepan and i feel that when they all click he'll be a monster of a player.

dccuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 01:53 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

I have confidence that Artie will become a quality 2nd line, two-way center who is capable of putting up 50-60 points.

I think Stepan will become a #1C, but not likely a "franchise" center that puts up 90+ points. I see Stepan being in the mold of guys like Stastny, M. Richards, or Bergeron that can play both ends of the rink and will be a PPG guy with the right players around him.

I think Stepan is a year or two away from sniffing that, which is unfortunately "too long to wait" according to some people.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 02:05 PM
UnderPSI
Formerly YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dccuse View Post
He can dominate play physically.
I love Artie but I have yet to see any physical dominance out of him. The only thing I ever see is him getting plowed over. Artie has the size but must take advantage of it more often.

I think Artie has the better 2 way game but Stephan will have the higher ceiling for offense.

I think both will be somewhere between 40-60pt players.

Again this is IMHO.

UnderPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 11:54 PM
JimmyStart*

Artie isnt developed and savy enough for consistency when it comes to using his body but he's definitely used it to dominate play and will only get better at it. He already has positioning down now it's a matter of confidence and instinct taking over so his skill and size can do their thing. I don't know why people dont get he's a legitamate 60-70 pt 30 g two way centerman. That tired "he hasnt done it in the NHL" arguement is stupid. he's done it in the AHL and anyone with eyes sees he has the talent. No it's not a guarantee but actually watching him it's a legitamate expectation. To me he's our most valuable young guy on the team. And by young I mean his age and below going down to our prospects.

Also imagine what the team is like if both Artie and Step can learn to win faceoffs. Even Crosby had faceoff issues at first and didn't fix em till about his thrid year in the league. here's hoping both of our guys can work on thay part of their game. A lot of offensive opportunites will be gained if we can win more faceoffs. A lot less work and energy expended in the offensive zone.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 12:05 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

If we can sign Richards, or trade for a BONAFIDE #1 center our Center depth for the next 10-12 years is going to be nasty with

(Insert #1 center here)
Stepan
Anisimov
Boyle/Lindberg (if Boyle is moved to wing)

If Anisimov is our third line center, we're in very good shape.

However that's not the question.

Stepan just put up 45 points in his rookie season, it's hard to say the sky isn't the limit for this kid. Not to mention neither have them have missed a game in their NHL careers which shows the coaching staffs confidence in them.

I think Stepan maxes out as a better fit as a #1 C, but Artie has a helluva lot of potential.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 12:13 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I have confidence that Artie will become a quality 2nd line, two-way center who is capable of putting up 50-60 points.

I think Stepan will become a #1C, but not likely a "franchise" center that puts up 90+ points. I see Stepan being in the mold of guys like Stastny, M. Richards, or Bergeron that can play both ends of the rink and will be a PPG guy with the right players around him.

I think Stepan is a year or two away from sniffing that, which is unfortunately "too long to wait" according to some people.
I agree with you here, but I think he's much longer than a year or two away. Which is fine, because he's only 20.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote