HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vancouver @ Boston Game 6. Canucks lead series 3-2

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2011, 02:04 PM
windycity

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
makes me want to punch a small child.
If it's a sucker punch, you could play for the Bruins!

Old
06-13-2011, 02:17 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleOdelein View Post
I'm not quite sure exactly where to post this, but I've been on the SCF board where half of the threads end up sidetracked by Habs fans and felt the need to get this off my chest. I figure here's as good a place as any.

First of all, I've been as guilty of pointing out the hypocrisy of the Chara/Pacioretty situation as anyone else around here but I think that our argument has clearly and definitively been made at this point in time. I think that it's obvious to most neutral observers that the Habs and their fans have a legitimate beef with the Pacioretty injury/non-suspension/embellishment accusations, yet we keep trying to drive the point home with every new fact that's revealed about Horton's injury and/or Rome's suspension.

I know that it's tempting to bring up the Bruins' inconsistencies with early comments and events when they become evident, but after a certain point they become redundant. I'll never forget or lose my sense of outrage with regards to the whole Chara debacle, but I'm starting to think that it's time to move on. Maybe it's time that we as a community of posters do with Bruins fans what the Habs players have done with Bruins players all season long... opt for the high road.

Just a thought from this not-so humble observer.
More attention needs to be paid to this, fellow Habs fans. Let's be the wise ones.
This being said, I'm looking forward to Lappy lifting the cup tonight!

Old
06-13-2011, 02:18 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
More attention needs to be paid to this, fellow Habs fans. Let's be the wise ones.
where's the fun in that?

Old
06-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horton18Horton View Post
I didn't even think about that, thanks Frogurt.

That is so wrong, but the immature side of me laughed big time.
What are you doing here bRuins mod?! You're not welcome here!

Old
06-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
where's the fun in that?
Who's talking about fun?!?! It's all about getting over it and not being the whiners.

Old
06-13-2011, 02:24 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
Who's talking about fun?!?! It's all about getting over it and not being the whiners.
But I want to have fun! now!

or I'll hold my breathe

Old
06-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

Quote:
But I want to have fun! now!

or I'll hold my breathe
LOL I get it now! Watch the game tonight, lots of fun to be had when the Bruins lose!

Old
06-13-2011, 02:28 PM
neofury*

I bet H10H and Overlords will be happy they for once do not have to repeat this:

If a Bruins fan comes in here trolling no matter how subtle they are just report them and do NOT respond. You're just feeding the troll and could get yourself an infraction. One up the person by being the bigger person and not responding. If Neo the raging fury can even sometimes pull this off then you guys should all have a 99.999% success rate

Seriously though, ignore and report and in the long run you're the winner. All they want is to get a rise out of us. Let them be known as the fan base that people get a rise out of. They already are because they simply can't handle the truth.

Old
06-13-2011, 02:36 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

C'mon 'Nucks. Finish off the Bruins.

Old
06-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
The Red Sox are on a great streak, if the Bruins lose I don't think people in Boston would care much anyways

Old
06-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I bet H10H and Overlords will be happy they for once do not have to repeat this:

If a Bruins fan comes in here trolling no matter how subtle they are just report them and do NOT respond. You're just feeding the troll and could get yourself an infraction. One up the person by being the bigger person and not responding. If Neo the raging fury can even sometimes pull this off then you guys should all have a 99.999% success rate

Seriously though, ignore and report and in the long run you're the winner. All they want is to get a rise out of us. Let them be known as the fan base that people get a rise out of. They already are because they simply can't handle the truth.
This is very good advice, but surely a tiny bit of mocking can be forgiven?

Old
06-13-2011, 03:04 PM
habtastic

I wasn't necessarily cheering for them at the start, but after they've gotten the full Boston treatment (media, on ice, etc.), I've been on their side. When they lost those games they went from "F everyone, we're the best" to "we should have gotten swept". Honestly, we are at our worst not half that bad...that says A LOT!

I've been supporting them with inspiring anti-bruins stuff and listening and commenting on their complaints (so funny to see people come up with the same conclusions when they finally play the bruins...I feel like a veteran).

Then there are the hilarious leaf fans who are so insecure, they make threads like :

"If we made the final, would you support us?"....LOL...geez, talk about hypothetical.

The thing I find the weirdest (but understandable) is that they think everyone hates them and it's them against the world, when the only people cheering for boston are the flames, oilers, bruins and the bruin media (including our favourite CBC crew).

They are really taking all the "diving and fakers" stuff way too much to heart. I've tried to explain that it's not them, it's who they're playing. Oh the irony of Shawn Thornton being interviewed about Luongo's "comment" and saying "some guys like to chirp, some don't", implying they are so tight lipped.

********** forever

anyway, GO VANCOUVER! I guess it's time to pass the torch...

Old
06-13-2011, 03:22 PM
Kid_Roll

Facing the Bruins has been a refreshing experience, I must say. I feel like the victim of abuse and the only people who would understand, would be other victims. This place seems safe....

Anyways, anything I could say has probably already been covered by you guys, but I just have to say, the hypocrisy of some of the Bruins delegates seems far more than anything I have seen before, and this is coming from someone who has watched the Canucks/Blackhawks wars of the last 3 years.

Lastly, Tim Thomas is a smug little ******* and I am one of the few people who doesn't find his story amazing or inspiring. Bite me Thomas.

Old
06-13-2011, 03:30 PM
windycity

I hope Luongo can close the series out tonight but frankly don't have that much confidence in him. I think he's overrated. The media talks about his Gold Medal in the Olympics but he was shaky in the Gold medal game - if he'd been in the US nets instead of Miller and Miller in Canada's net, we would have won 6-0.

Carey is better than him imo.

Old
06-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
I hope Luongo can close the series out tonight but frankly don't have that much confidence in him. I think he's overrated. The media talks about his Gold Medal in the Olympics but he was shaky in the Gold medal game - if he'd been in the US nets instead of Miller and Miller in Canada's net, we would have won 6-0.

Carey is better than him imo.
I think he gets a lot of undue flak. He's not the premiere goalie everybody thought he was in Florida, just another guy who followed the trend of being on an awful team and made to look god-like by the sheer volume of shots he faced (something we should know about considering Jeff Hackett looked like a friggin' all-star on our sad sack teams of the late 90s).

But he's a good goalie. A very good goalie, in fact. I thought Rollie becoming his goalie coach would be the death knell for him, but wouldn't you know it, playing deep in his net has actually benefited Luongo. His performance in Game 1 this series was as good as any I'd seen these playoffs outside of Rinne. Was gobbling up his rebounds and really didn't give any second chances on low shots.

Unfortunately the Bruins started picking him apart a bit when they started shooting high in games 3 and 4, but I'm hoping that's an anomaly.

Old
06-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Protest the Hero

Lmao at that poll on NESN. Vancouver bites them, taunts them, knocks their player out with a concussion but they still hate Montreal more.

Also, if Vancouver is Montreal-West, and Tampa Bay is Montreal-South, does that make us North or East?

Old
06-13-2011, 03:46 PM
habsrule22

When a player can give the bird to the crowd n gets nothin
When a player breaks a guys neck causing a severe concussion n gets nothin
When a guy squirts water then throws the bottle n gets nothin
When a player goes to skate bye a plyer (Halpern n Ference) and you stick stick your shoulder on his chin n gets nothin

This is not the place to come n look for simpathy for that team. Horton got nail and the league suspended that player for the rest of the play offs. Where the justice in that. Hope the Bruins lose tonight and that might the biggest punishment that could be done to them. Because there sure hasn t been any all year long.

Old
06-13-2011, 03:47 PM
neofury*

I'll say it again guys, ignore and don't respond to the troll in this thread. I'm sure the mods will clean it up but why not make it easier on them?

Let the troll get a rise out of himself rather than us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
This is very good advice, but surely a tiny bit of mocking can be forgiven?
Haha I'm sure it can, I'm just saying it's of no benefit to the mods or us if we respond. It's a lose/lose situation where as ignoring the troll is pretty much a win/win. Infraction is given out, easy clean-up for the mod in charge and of course we look better in the process.

I'm not saying I'm not a hypocrite about it by the way but I've been working on my anti-troll bating. All responding really does is fuel the fire for these tools to have an audience for their opinions. Nobody here cares about their opinions so why even respond? Do you want to hear what localbruinsjerk007 has to say about Patches, our forum or other various topics? I really doubt you do and I really doubt anyone else here cares either. Responding only gets more posts for the mods to clean up and for you and I to skip reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Roll View Post
Facing the Bruins has been a refreshing experience, I must say. I feel like the victim of abuse and the only people who would understand, would be other victims. This place seems safe....

Anyways, anything I could say has probably already been covered by you guys, but I just have to say, the hypocrisy of some of the Bruins delegates seems far more than anything I have seen before, and this is coming from someone who has watched the Canucks/Blackhawks wars of the last 3 years.

Lastly, Tim Thomas is a smug little ******* and I am one of the few people who doesn't find his story amazing or inspiring. Bite me Thomas.
That's because they're just a pack of bullies really. They even bullied our radio hosts on the co-op radio. Rather than have a half decent discussion about hockey they'll go above and beyond to "bully it up" because apparently talking over people and calling them yahoo's wins an argument over in Boston rather than discussing facts. Don't let them bully you around just ignore them, they aren't going to change anytime soon. They don't even realize their own team is one of the top 3 goon teams in the NHL and they go around spewing crap about their own guys getting injured, boohoo I'm a Bruins fan feel bad for me, my team that has been gooning it up like Philly's younger brother for years now has a taste of it's own medicine Poor us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
When a player can give the bird to the crowd n gets nothin
When a player breaks a guys neck causing a severe concussion n gets nothin
When a guy squirts water then throws the bottle n gets nothin
When a player goes to skate bye a plyer (Halpern n Ference) and you stick stick your shoulder on his chin n gets nothin

This is not the place to come n look for simpathy for that team. Horton got nail and the league suspended that player for the rest of the play offs. Where the justice in that. Hope the Bruins lose tonight and that might the biggest punishment that could be done to them. Because there sure hasn t been any all year long.
I despise both teams but the main reason I don't want Boston to win, they simply don't deserve it. They're lucky to have gotten this far and Thomas carried them more this playoff than Price carried us all this season. Despite being a classless ****** I have respect for Thomas as a goalie these days. He's proven he isn't just an anomaly who can play 50 games a year. He's a great goalie even if he is the seal who flops around, it works and I respect his work ethic and skill. That being said though, his team does not deserve to win the cup. Vancouver does however and should win the cup in game 7. I'm hoping for tonight to see all the classless jackasses with one of these: or these but I'll live if it's in game 7. I mean hey Boston fans will need an excuse aside from Horton, game 7 will give them a whole new bag of them

Last edited by neofury*: 06-13-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old
06-13-2011, 03:53 PM
KDizzle

Just came here to say how far we've come from the days of *****ing about Sundin.

All it took was for us to play your sworn enemies.
In any case, I've always loved the passion of the Habs and may find myself cheering for them out of the east next season.

Cheers.
But for tonight, GO CANUCKS GO!

Old
06-13-2011, 04:00 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Finish'em.

Old
06-13-2011, 04:00 PM
PyrettaBlaze

If ever one of these comes in the thread again, please ignore and report.

Last edited by PyrettaBlaze: 06-13-2011 at 04:02 PM. Reason: spell fail
Old
06-13-2011, 04:03 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post

If ever one of these comes in the thread again, please ignore and report.
lmao hey I thought you were too busy with Leafs modding to pay us a visit

It was worth waiting for that post.

Old
06-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
The only reason I'll be happy if Vancouver wins is Lapierre.

He won in the AHL and now maybe in the NHL proving himself to be a decent championship team 3rd liner.

I'm proud of him and disgusted by the fact he got robbed of his job by Tom Pyatt.

Other than that , there's a lot more good reasons to ''cheer'' for the bruins than the canucks.
It wasnt T. Pyatt that stole his job.. It was Eller/Halpern/Desharnais all performing better, while Lapierre griped for a bigger role on the team.

This bein said... Go Nucks Go

Old
06-13-2011, 04:33 PM
Balls Mahoney
wants more Sesito

I just wanted to say I and the majority of the Canucks fanbase love you Hab ****ers right now.

06-13-2011, 04:34 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Please win tonight, i want to rock a new avatar tonight!

Closed Thread