HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

UFC Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-13-2011, 01:40 PM
  #251
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
TBH I don't couldn't care less if you think it was cherry picking or not. I stated after the posts he quoted that I was just being over the top and not very serious about the quotes above and then stated countless times that I think GSP could win a decision.

Keep cheerleading though, it seems to me a certain group of posters constantly pat each other on the backs. You agreed with kriss about something he said that I said, which wasn't true, but I'm not surprised this is neofury I'm talking with.
I just find it funny that you say I claim you said things that you didn't even though I quoted the proof that you did say them.

Were they over the top?? Apparently. But even so, it shows that you're putting GSP a little too high up, otherwise you would have never gone ''over the top''.
He's not cheerleading, he just realizes that you were wrong and trying to help you understand that. For some reason, your internet ego is simply to big to even notice that.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 01:41 PM
  #252
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
TBH I don't couldn't care less if you think it was cherry picking or not. I stated after the posts he quoted that I was just being over the top and not very serious about the quotes above and then stated countless times that I think GSP could win a decision.

Keep cheerleading though, it seems to me a certain group of posters constantly pat each other on the backs. You agreed with kriss about something he said that I said, which wasn't true, but I'm not surprised this is neofury I'm talking with.
Alright dude whatever makes you feel better. Let's face it though you said what you said prior to changing your opinion. I couldn't care less if you did it to save face or not, you said what you said whether or not he cherry picked so the point is moot really.

Actually regarding Kriss in the past I've disagreed with him on many things specifically pertaining to the habs. It's only pretty much in this UFC thread and a few others in recent time that I've agreed with him on stuff, rather I've almost exclusively disagreed with most of your opinions and I guess even though you claim not to care judging by this post you're quite bitter about it

For a guy who couldn't care less you sure seem to be on the verge of tears right now

Anyways believe or say what you want, I just generally disagree with a lot of your opinions and if you don't like it I'm sure you can make a forum where you could just ban people that don't agree with you, could potentially make life a whole lot easier for you.

As per the bolded, if it isn't true then why would you have said it in the first place? So either you don't know your ass from your elbow and simply can't form an opinion or you back track like Kriss said and are now trying to deny saying things you said. Did you not say the stuff Kriss quoted? Because if you didn't then I will definitely agree that I agreed about something Kriss said you said which was a lie. If you did say those things (you did) then I'm sorry but I can't agree with what you are saying.

You said what you said and you were called out on it. Now you back track and whine and cry because god forbid Neofury agrees with the person who actually tells the truth? Sorry but come on dude. Anyways I'm not surprised, this is after all habsjunkie2 I'm having a discussion with. I wouldn't expect you to tell the truth in an argument even if someone like Kriss E proved time and time again that you said what you said, so I don't know why I'd expect you to now. Oh well, I guess since you couldn't care less you'll stop responding now because we all know you don't care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I just find it funny that you say I claim you said things that you didn't even though I quoted the proof that you did say them.

Were they over the top?? Apparently. But even so, it shows that you're putting GSP a little too high up, otherwise you would have never gone ''over the top''.
He's not cheerleading, he just realizes that you were wrong and trying to help you understand that. For some reason, your internet ego is simply to big to even notice that.
He's on GSP's dick and can't fathom GSP losing a fight is all it is. He's bought into the GSP hype machine more than the people who even bought into the Shields hype

I'm not saying GSP can't win against Silva but I doubt it would even be an even fight, I see AS having the clear advantage especially if we're talking GSP moving up to fight AS. Maybe he did change his opinion to 50/50 and if he did fair enough. But man this kid must have a stick in his ass, apparently I'm not allowed to agree with somebody on multiple occasions without being their cheerleader now /rolleyes.

Maybe just maybe habsjunkie2, I don't agree with your opinion because it's that of a bias GSP fanatic who overestimates GSP way too much and clearly underestimates AS even more. Sorry but when you basically say GSP vs AS would be a cakewalk for GSP whether or not after you change your opinion or back track, people are going to remember the several comments you said. I'm not saying you can't change your opinion, retract your comments, whatever. But you did say what you said and some of those comments were cherry picked but like I said some of them clearly weren't. If you don't care about looking like a tool or what I think then that's fine, I just don't see why you're so adamant about responding to people whose opinions you clearly don't care about though

The truth is you do care, you might not want to admit it but the amount of caring involved here likely makes you cringe right down to your bare soul, you're that bias in GSP's favor If you don't care then why is it in every one of these threads you and Kriss have the same back and forth each time? To me that sounds like the actions of a guy who cares very much. Anyways Junkie for your own benefit and sanity I won't respond to your posts anymore. I hope you're happy


Last edited by neofury*: 06-13-2011 at 01:52 PM.
neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 01:54 PM
  #253
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That's why I always said GSP should fight Diaz. IMO, he's the #2 WW in the World and been there for a while. I understood that inter-organization fights were likely not to happen, but I expected this since the day they announce their purchase.
I think it'll be a good fight.
Shields is a much higher rated fighter than Diaz imo.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 01:57 PM
  #254
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I just find it funny that you say I claim you said things that you didn't even though I quoted the proof that you did say them.

Were they over the top?? Apparently. But even so, it shows that you're putting GSP a little too high up, otherwise you would have never gone ''over the top''.
He's not cheerleading, he just realizes that you were wrong and trying to help you understand that. For some reason, your internet ego is simply to big to even notice that.
My internet ego, lmao. Ok kriss have it your way. Cherry pick a few quotes that I even stated myself I didn't believe. I wasn't wrong about anything, you misrepresented my thoughts with the quotes above and know you did and still present them as my position.

Bias GSP fanatic, no, not at all. I think he would have a very good chance of beating Silva, I also don't think Diaz has much of a chance against him. With your position neo you can never be wrong, when GSP beats the piss out of Diaz you'll say you expected it all along, but will revisit this thread after GSP lays a GnP clinic on him. Ok?

BTW neo, I enjoy my back and forths with kriss, you on the other hand...


Last edited by habsjunkie2*: 06-13-2011 at 02:03 PM.
habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 03:53 PM
  #255
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Shields is a much higher rated fighter than Diaz imo.
I'd like you to explain to me why you feel that way. They are arguably on par on the ground. Personally, I'd even give a slight edge to Diaz because he's more dangerous off his back than Shields imo. Standing up, it's not even close, Diaz by a large margin. Power, Diaz. Aggressiveness, Diaz. Maybe Shields has a slight edge over wrestling or grappling, but I'm not even sure about that.
So, I'm curious as to how you came to the conclusion that Shields is a much higher rated fighter..

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
My internet ego, lmao. Ok kriss have it your way. Cherry pick a few quotes that I even stated myself I didn't believe. I wasn't wrong about anything, you misrepresented my thoughts with the quotes above and know you did and still present them as my position.

Bias GSP fanatic, no, not at all. I think he would have a very good chance of beating Silva, I also don't think Diaz has much of a chance against him. With your position neo you can never be wrong, when GSP beats the piss out of Diaz you'll say you expected it all along, but will revisit this thread after GSP lays a GnP clinic on him. Ok?

BTW neo, I enjoy my back and forths with kriss, you on the other hand...
I didn't misrepresent anything. You said GSP would kick Silva's ass with his GnP. You said this more than once. I didn't twist your words, invent them or misrepresent them. Maybe you were exaggerating, as you're saying you were, but those were still your first words regarding Silva vs GSP. We don't need to keep talking about this. Just don't say I put words in your mouth when I clearly didn't.

I know you give zero chance to Diaz, I don't think that's a very good assessment of Diaz. I will admit though that it goes hand in hand with your notion that Shields is a higher rated fighter. At least you are consistent with your train of thought, but I greatly disagree with it.
I do think GSP will win. I think there is only one way for this to be a cake walk and that's if GSP cycles the crap out of this fight and wrestles intelligently.
If GSP completely dominates Diaz without coming close to any sort of danger and ends this fight, I will be surprised.

As for Silva, GSP doesn't have much of a chance. That's why I'm saying even if you think it's 50-50, it shows how you're thinking too highly of GSP or too little of Silva.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 04:59 PM
  #256
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I'd like you to explain to me why you feel that way. They are arguably on par on the ground. Personally, I'd even give a slight edge to Diaz because he's more dangerous off his back than Shields imo. Standing up, it's not even close, Diaz by a large margin. Power, Diaz. Aggressiveness, Diaz. Maybe Shields has a slight edge over wrestling or grappling, but I'm not even sure about that.
So, I'm curious as to how you came to the conclusion that Shields is a much higher rated fighter..



I didn't misrepresent anything. You said GSP would kick Silva's ass with his GnP. You said this more than once. I didn't twist your words, invent them or misrepresent them. Maybe you were exaggerating, as you're saying you were, but those were still your first words regarding Silva vs GSP. We don't need to keep talking about this. Just don't say I put words in your mouth when I clearly didn't.

I know you give zero chance to Diaz, I don't think that's a very good assessment of Diaz. I will admit though that it goes hand in hand with your notion that Shields is a higher rated fighter. At least you are consistent with your train of thought, but I greatly disagree with it.
I do think GSP will win. I think there is only one way for this to be a cake walk and that's if GSP cycles the crap out of this fight and wrestles intelligently.
If GSP completely dominates Diaz without coming close to any sort of danger and ends this fight, I will be surprised.

As for Silva, GSP doesn't have much of a chance. That's why I'm saying even if you think it's 50-50, it shows how you're thinking too highly of GSP or too little of Silva.
Ok, whatever kriss. Only an idiot would think that GSP would jump 15lbs and walk through the MW champion. I said I think it's a bad matchup, I didn't even say I think GSP is the better fighter, my contention has always been that GSP's style will give him fits. I still think it will. Sure I said a few things that were a little over the top, but I honestly think GSP will beat him.

GSP doesn't finish WW, so obviously he isn't gonna jump weight and knockout Silva, but I think he will devise a tactical plan that is both safe and efficient enough to win. It's not a knock on Silva, they are both great fighters, but I think the wrestling ability of GSP would be a problem, styles make fights and I don't think Silvas reach or weight will be the advantage it's made out to be, because GSP won't stand with him. Whether he can keep him down is another thing, but I think he will, I so hope this fight happens. After Diaz there is absolutely no one for GSP. If he wants to be known as the best fighter in MMA he has only 1 way of getting there.

GSP has a better chance of beating Silva than Diaz does of beating GSP at least in my view.

Shields has a more much more complete wrestling/ground game than Diaz. Diaz has superior jiu jitsu maybe, but shields is the better wrestler/grappler 10 fold. In the overall ground game shields is a few notches above diaz at least and diaz has zero, squat for TD defense, GSP will have him on his back for 23minutes.

A slight edge to diaz on the ground, haha. No, sorry.


Last edited by habsjunkie2*: 06-13-2011 at 05:14 PM.
habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 06:00 PM
  #257
GlobalNews
Registered User
 
GlobalNews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
I'm at the point now where the only possible conclusion is the Nick Diaz had sex with habsjunkie's mom.

GlobalNews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 07:03 PM
  #258
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cue_meanie View Post
I'm at the point now where the only possible conclusion is the Nick Diaz had sex with habsjunkie's mom.
Tell me what has Nick Diaz done that ranks him so highly and a threat to GSP, anymore than the much more accomplished fighters GSP has already beat?

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 09:22 PM
  #259
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Tell me what has Nick Diaz done that ranks him so highly and a threat to GSP, anymore than the much more accomplished fighters GSP has already beat?
Have you seen him fight before? or do you only look at the resume?
He is a much better fighter than all of GSP's recent opponents. It's not even close.
The only one that you could argue was on par is Penn, but his cardio has always been his downside and he never came back to his dominant form since leaving. So even there, I give Diaz the edge.
Really, all you have to do is watch him fight, which, from the way you describe him, makes me wonder if you ever seen him fight since he left the UFC.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 05:53 AM
  #260
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Have you seen him fight before? or do you only look at the resume?
He is a much better fighter than all of GSP's recent opponents. It's not even close.
The only one that you could argue was on par is Penn, but his cardio has always been his downside and he never came back to his dominant form since leaving. So even there, I give Diaz the edge.
Really, all you have to do is watch him fight, which, from the way you describe him, makes me wonder if you ever seen him fight since he left the UFC.
You have no idea what you're talking about kriss. He isn't better than GSP's recent opponents. Of course I've seen him fight plenty of times. You say Diaz has an edge on the ground against Shields and say I don't know the fighter. Shields is a much better grappler than diaz, about 100 times, which is why GSP stayed away from him, not his BJJ or AJJ. Diaz has no such weapon and will be exploited on the ground

kriss you under value Shields enormously and over value Diaz by the same. Shields would beat Diaz 10 times out of 10. GSP's most recent opponent is on a whole other level than Diaz. Not to mention Fitch, Koschek, Alves and on and on. I'm beginning to wonder where you come up with your crap.

There isn't a ranking organization in the world who has Diaz ahead of Shields and rightfully so, Shields would throw him around like a rag doll, much the same as GSP will.

He beat wicked competition like cyborg, Noons (1st ww fight btw) Sakurai, Scott Smith LMAO, and most recent Paul Daley who knocked him down twice btw. Real formidable fighters these cans are.

Diaz has even less a chance than GSP's most recent fighters. Wait and see is all I'll say about the rest. He gave a lack luster performance against Shields with only 1 eye and people seem to think the constantly improving Nick Diaz will give him a go.

No matter how often you continue to spew **** like Diaz has a better ground game than Shields it won't ever make it true.


Last edited by habsjunkie2*: 06-14-2011 at 06:02 AM.
habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 09:29 AM
  #261
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
You have no idea what you're talking about kriss. He isn't better than GSP's recent opponents. Of course I've seen him fight plenty of times. You say Diaz has an edge on the ground against Shields and say I don't know the fighter. Shields is a much better grappler than diaz, about 100 times, which is why GSP stayed away from him, not his BJJ or AJJ. Diaz has no such weapon and will be exploited on the ground

kriss you under value Shields enormously and over value Diaz by the same. Shields would beat Diaz 10 times out of 10. GSP's most recent opponent is on a whole other level than Diaz. Not to mention Fitch, Koschek, Alves and on and on. I'm beginning to wonder where you come up with your crap.

There isn't a ranking organization in the world who has Diaz ahead of Shields and rightfully so, Shields would throw him around like a rag doll, much the same as GSP will.

He beat wicked competition like cyborg, Noons (1st ww fight btw) Sakurai, Scott Smith LMAO, and most recent Paul Daley who knocked him down twice btw. Real formidable fighters these cans are.

Diaz has even less a chance than GSP's most recent fighters. Wait and see is all I'll say about the rest. He gave a lack luster performance against Shields with only 1 eye and people seem to think the constantly improving Nick Diaz will give him a go.

No matter how often you continue to spew **** like Diaz has a better ground game than Shields it won't ever make it true.
I really don't know what is going on in your personal life recently to be so aggressive in your posts. You belittle and insult just about anybody that disagrees with you.

You can say '' of course I've seen him fight plenty of times'' but the way you describe him simply doesn't fit. It would be like me trying argue PK Subban doesn't carry the puck well. It just doesn't make any sense. How can somebody that claims to have seen Diaz fight plenty then go on to say Shields beats him 10/10, Fitch, Koscheck, Alves, Hardy, etc.. are all better than him.
I'm not saying you don't know him, but you don't give me much of a choice to believe that when you talk of Diaz like he's pure crap.

Again, you bring up his opposition as if that's some type of argument. Also, didn't he beat those opponents? So what's your point exactly...you'd rather he lost to them?
How does this prove anything at all? The man fights in SF, that's the fighters they have, what do you expect him to do exactly?
What the heck is so funny about beating Scott Smith? Smith sucks, okay, and he beat him, what's your point?

You're right, GSP stayed away from Shields grappling...That's what scared him from his ground game...You also think Shields tried to shoot many times during that fight if I remember correctly. I think you should re-watch it and count the number of times Shields go for a shoot.

In any event, stop with the childish belittling remarks. You're a military man, have some discipline.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 10:28 AM
  #262
GlobalNews
Registered User
 
GlobalNews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
You have no idea what you're talking about kriss. He isn't better than GSP's recent opponents. Of course I've seen him fight plenty of times. You say Diaz has an edge on the ground against Shields and say I don't know the fighter. Shields is a much better grappler than diaz, about 100 times, which is why GSP stayed away from him, not his BJJ or AJJ. Diaz has no such weapon and will be exploited on the ground

kriss you under value Shields enormously and over value Diaz by the same. Shields would beat Diaz 10 times out of 10. GSP's most recent opponent is on a whole other level than Diaz. Not to mention Fitch, Koschek, Alves and on and on. I'm beginning to wonder where you come up with your crap.

There isn't a ranking organization in the world who has Diaz ahead of Shields and rightfully so, Shields would throw him around like a rag doll, much the same as GSP will.

He beat wicked competition like cyborg, Noons (1st ww fight btw) Sakurai, Scott Smith LMAO, and most recent Paul Daley who knocked him down twice btw. Real formidable fighters these cans are.

Diaz has even less a chance than GSP's most recent fighters. Wait and see is all I'll say about the rest. He gave a lack luster performance against Shields with only 1 eye and people seem to think the constantly improving Nick Diaz will give him a go.

No matter how often you continue to spew **** like Diaz has a better ground game than Shields it won't ever make it true.
Your opinion is more laughable than the way you present it.

Nick Diaz... Elite level jits, Elite level boxing.
Jake Shields... above average wrestling, borderline pathetic striking.

Jake Shields definitely wins 10 out of 10 with that kind of pedigree.

GlobalNews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 10:28 AM
  #263
GlobalNews
Registered User
 
GlobalNews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOqxWX8aBXo

GlobalNews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 03:03 PM
  #264
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I really don't know what is going on in your personal life recently to be so aggressive in your posts. You belittle and insult just about anybody that disagrees with you.

You can say '' of course I've seen him fight plenty of times'' but the way you describe him simply doesn't fit. It would be like me trying argue PK Subban doesn't carry the puck well. It just doesn't make any sense. How can somebody that claims to have seen Diaz fight plenty then go on to say Shields beats him 10/10, Fitch, Koscheck, Alves, Hardy, etc.. are all better than him.
I'm not saying you don't know him, but you don't give me much of a choice to believe that when you talk of Diaz like he's pure crap.

Again, you bring up his opposition as if that's some type of argument. Also, didn't he beat those opponents? So what's your point exactly...you'd rather he lost to them?
How does this prove anything at all? The man fights in SF, that's the fighters they have, what do you expect him to do exactly?
What the heck is so funny about beating Scott Smith? Smith sucks, okay, and he beat him, what's your point?

You're right, GSP stayed away from Shields grappling...That's what scared him from his ground game...You also think Shields tried to shoot many times during that fight if I remember correctly. I think you should re-watch it and count the number of times Shields go for a shoot.

In any event, stop with the childish belittling remarks. You're a military man, have some discipline.
I haven't belittled you once, but it's apparent you have no idea what you're on about when you say Diaz has a better ground game than shields. It isn't even close and yes shields would destroy Diaz and Diaz knows this as well and has already stated before how Shields throws him around with ease.

Like I said, people who follow the sport much more closely than you and I have Shields ahead of Diaz all day, along with Koschek, Fitch and on and on. He's 5th or 6th best in the division on a good day.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 03:06 PM
  #265
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cue_meanie View Post
Your opinion is more laughable than the way you present it.

Nick Diaz... Elite level jits, Elite level boxing.
Jake Shields... above average wrestling, borderline pathetic striking.

Jake Shields definitely wins 10 out of 10 with that kind of pedigree.
No bias in this post

Jake Shields has a better background in Jits than Diaz, some of you might want to do a little research before you go dogging Jake Shields. Diaz doesn't have a hope in hell against GSP.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 08:09 PM
  #266
CrazyShea
Registered User
 
CrazyShea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Rock
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
No bias in this post

Jake Shields has a better background in Jits than Diaz, some of you might want to do a little research before you go dogging Jake Shields. Diaz doesn't have a hope in hell against GSP.
I wouldn't even bother man it's the same **** every GSP fight. Over rate the opponent, under rate GSP. They must be haters or some ****.

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 11:27 PM
  #267
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyShea View Post
I wouldn't even bother man it's the same **** every GSP fight. Over rate the opponent, under rate GSP. They must be haters or some ****.
If you paid any attention to my posts over the past UFCs, you would have never said that.
I said Shields was not ready for a title fight, and that he was being overhyped by this marketing machine. Let's face it, saying the opponent has no chance isn't a great way to market him.
As for Koscheck, Hardy, Alves, name them, I always said they'd be cake walks for GSP.

I also said GSP should win this fight. I just don't think it'll be as easy as most say. I don't think Diaz has zero chance of winning. I believe there is only one way for GSP to dominate this fight without getting into any trouble, and that's if he opts for an entire wrestling match without making any mistakes.

I don't see how anybody has overrated Diaz and underrated GSP. Everybody agrees Diaz will lose and GSP wins. So, how is anybody a hater exactly??

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 01:44 PM
  #268
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyShea View Post
I wouldn't even bother man it's the same **** every GSP fight. Over rate the opponent, under rate GSP. They must be haters or some ****.
Are you kidding me? It's the total opposite. People saying "you don't know Shields" last fight blah blah blah when we were saying GSP would for sure win.

It's only this time that it's Diaz that this is the case. Some people just have GSP's dick so far up their ass they can't accept the fact that somebody could have a chance to beat him, even a better fighter in a higher weight class like Silva. But yeah we're the haters, it couldn't just be that you're such blatant homers that you're all over GSP's dick? Yeah that isn't the more likely scenario

I'm not even a hardcore MMA person and if you've seen Diaz fight you know how stupid the above comments are, if you haven't then no point in discussing. If you have and you're saying what you say above then you're just about the biggest GSP homer alive.

I'm pretty sure GSP will win against Diaz but it isn't as clean cut as it was in his past fights. As for Silva I doubt he does and I'll be bringing some fried crow for the night he loses. Be there or be square.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If you paid any attention to my posts over the past UFCs, you would have never said that.
I said Shields was not ready for a title fight, and that he was being overhyped by this marketing machine. Let's face it, saying the opponent has no chance isn't a great way to market him.
As for Koscheck, Hardy, Alves, name them, I always said they'd be cake walks for GSP.

I also said GSP should win this fight. I just don't think it'll be as easy as most say. I don't think Diaz has zero chance of winning. I believe there is only one way for GSP to dominate this fight without getting into any trouble, and that's if he opts for an entire wrestling match without making any mistakes.

I don't see how anybody has overrated Diaz and underrated GSP. Everybody agrees Diaz will lose and GSP wins. So, how is anybody a hater exactly??
I wouldn't even bother man it's the same **** every GSP fight. The people who are on his dick are still there and not forming an unbias opinion time and time again. If your opinion doesn't fit into their perfect bubble of bias and ignorance then your opinion isn't fit for a homer thread like this.

PS: Shields two fights in the UFC have been far from favorable. I find it comical that so many people who in the last thread were still on GSP's dick and hating on Shields = are now on Shields dick just to support their argument. I'm sure Kriss could go "cherry pick" some more opinions that you'll later deny saying and make you look stupid again but I bet he has better stuff to do than continue making you look bad. Whatever Shields training is doesn't hold weight really when his first two UFC fights were borderline laughable in terms of performance. He may be great but if he's going to keep fighting the way he has he's going to have a long road ahead of him. I know it isn't fair to judge a player purely on two fights so I'm not saying Shields won't bounce back, but he had a less than stellar victory and an eye poke fest. Hardly what you want in terms of a fight whether it's entertainment value or technical skill. Where was his BJJ in the GSP fight? Oh wait that's right, he danced around for 5 rounds jabbing GSP in the eye. Yeah he's sure one hell of a fighter so far in the UFC.


Last edited by neofury*: 06-15-2011 at 01:54 PM.
neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 02:06 PM
  #269
GlobalNews
Registered User
 
GlobalNews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
I've twice written out a reply just to delete it entirely out of frustration. So I'll just say, I've "argued" with Kriss more on these forums then any other person. We certainly aren't "teaming up" on anything. I agree with him on this aspect and if you went through my comment history you'd find that to be a complete rarity.

Secondly. Jake Shields success at ADCC does not take away from Nick Diaz ability. He's been banned from fighting in BJJ tourney's on more than one occasian because of upcoming fights in MMA. Instead he beats people off his back in actual MMA events so that people can use their brains to determine who's BJJ is actually better and more efficient. The day Jake Shields busts out a gogoplata in an actual fight, I'll begin to reconsider.

(If the fact that gogo happened 4 years ago makes it irrelevant, then so does your point about Shield's BJJ success.)

GlobalNews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 05:26 AM
  #270
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cue_meanie View Post
I've twice written out a reply just to delete it entirely out of frustration. So I'll just say, I've "argued" with Kriss more on these forums then any other person. We certainly aren't "teaming up" on anything. I agree with him on this aspect and if you went through my comment history you'd find that to be a complete rarity.

Secondly. Jake Shields success at ADCC does not take away from Nick Diaz ability. He's been banned from fighting in BJJ tourney's on more than one occasian because of upcoming fights in MMA. Instead he beats people off his back in actual MMA events so that people can use their brains to determine who's BJJ is actually better and more efficient. The day Jake Shields busts out a gogoplata in an actual fight, I'll begin to reconsider.

(If the fact that gogo happened 4 years ago makes it irrelevant, then so does your point about Shield's BJJ success.)
Except for the fact out of 26 victories, 10 of Shields have come by subs, more than Diaz.

Diaz doesn't stand a chance and come october he's gonna get the same beat down GSP gave to BJ Penn (my favorite fighter btw) GSP isn't even one of my top 5 favorite fighters, but I know and respect his ability. Nick Diaz will be tossed around like a rag doll. The fighters are in 2 separate classes.

This thread is gonna look real funny in a couple of months and after that the division will be completely cleaned out. Dana White will announce that GSP will take a year off to transition to 185lb (I hope).

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 12:07 PM
  #271
GlobalNews
Registered User
 
GlobalNews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Nah, if we're wrong we can just say you "cherry picked" this thread and we weren't even serious anyway.

Works for you, no?

GlobalNews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 01:34 PM
  #272
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cue_meanie View Post
Nah, if we're wrong we can just say you "cherry picked" this thread and we weren't even serious anyway.

Works for you, no?
I know, we disagree about this so you can use my words against me from the GSP vs AS discussion in every conversation now? I admitted to being over the top and those weren't my real thoughts. I still think GSP would be trouble for AS and I'll stick by that until they fight. When AS kicks his ass, I'll have no problem admitting I was wrong and underestimated the size advantage and striking of AS, until then, I think GSP has a good a shot as anyone.

You Diaz nut huggers are funny though. I gotta admit though there are a lot of ya's. Being tough and stupid is more appealing to the eye then being smart, strategic and dominate like GSP has been. I don't mean to be an ass, but anyone who has Diaz with an advantage on the ground against shields doesn't know what the hell they're on about.

For now on, I won't respond to the GSP vs Diaz stuff with anything but wait and see. After the fight, I'll only respond with I told you so.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 02:10 PM
  #273
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Except for the fact out of 26 victories, 10 of Shields have come by subs, more than Diaz.

Diaz doesn't stand a chance and come october he's gonna get the same beat down GSP gave to BJ Penn (my favorite fighter btw) GSP isn't even one of my top 5 favorite fighters, but I know and respect his ability. Nick Diaz will be tossed around like a rag doll. The fighters are in 2 separate classes.

This thread is gonna look real funny in a couple of months and after that the division will be completely cleaned out. Dana White will announce that GSP will take a year off to transition to 185lb (I hope).
Lol..
And out of 25 victories, Diaz has 8 subs..Damn, what a great case you have..
Also, I could say that out of all his wins, Diaz only got 4 of them via Decisions, as opposed to Shields that got 13.
I could add that Diaz has 13(T)KOs, Shields 3, which shows how much more well rounded he is.
But no, that would mean I actually knew what I was talking about and you made it very clear to me that I apparently don't. I also don't have friends that train in MMA, with GSP's trainer. You told me the truth about them, they are liars and I don't know them more than you.

What's funny is that you were called out, with proof, on saying GSP would kick Silva's ass, but still deny it.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 02:11 PM
  #274
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
You Diaz nut huggers are funny though.
Again, what's funny is overemotional posters.
You realize the Diaz nut huggers are all predicting a GSP victory?

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 04:03 PM
  #275
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Lol..
And out of 25 victories, Diaz has 8 subs..Damn, what a great case you have..
Also, I could say that out of all his wins, Diaz only got 4 of them via Decisions, as opposed to Shields that got 13.
I could add that Diaz has 13(T)KOs, Shields 3, which shows how much more well rounded he is.
But no, that would mean I actually knew what I was talking about and you made it very clear to me that I apparently don't. I also don't have friends that train in MMA, with GSP's trainer. You told me the truth about them, they are liars and I don't know them more than you.

What's funny is that you were called out, with proof, on saying GSP would kick Silva's ass, but still deny it.
I don't deny it one bit. I said it, what I'm saying is it was an exaggeration that you took a little too literally. Anyone who thinks GSP would walk through the MW champ with ease doesn't follow MMA.

As far as TKO's go in a Diaz vs Shields debate they are meaningless, because the fight wouldn't be decided standing up. Well rounded meaning what exactly? Shields wrestling is about a gazillion times better than Diaz's and more of weapon than Diaz's striking, actually Diaz striking would be of zero use to him from his back.

I know you have friends in MMA who train with GSP so you're an expert. I have a 3rd cousin who's a surgeon too.

The most dominate factor in the fight would be the combination of Shields grappling/AJJ,diaz's boxing wouldn't ever be a factor, much the same as won't in the GSP fight. Diaz has the biggest weaknesses of them all, his TDD and wrestling is borderline terrible. I suppose you can call that more rounded if you value striking more than wrestling, I don't.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.