HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Howard Eskin of 610 WIP: Front Office Open to Trading Richards or Carter

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2011, 04:52 PM
DUHockey9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Didn't see that one, but yeah that's my order. 1. Meltzer, 2. SanFilippo, 3. Seravalli.

SanFilippo really impressed me during the Richards/Pronger drama a while back. He represents responsible and credible journalism in Philadelphia. He really gets a lot of respect from me.

The only reason I have Meltzer at the top spot is because he comes out with accurate, meaningful, and thought-provoking stuff on an extremely regular basis.

Three is Seravalli mostly because unlike pretty much everyone else, I've never had a real problem with something he's written.
I think so poorly of the media I rarely make it a point to see who's written what (aside from Meltzer). I should start. Perhaps I'm a tough customer, but I write journalists off forever for stupid mistakes. If it is something most of us here on HF know, there is no excuse for them not knowing.

Twitter also has had an affect on me because I see what guys like Panaccio and Seravalli tweet during a game, and sometimes I think " are we watching the same thing?" (mostly with Panaccio though).

Old
06-13-2011, 05:14 PM
FlyerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I think so poorly of the media I rarely make it a point to see who's written what (aside from Meltzer). I should start. Perhaps I'm a tough customer, but I write journalists off forever for stupid mistakes. If it is something most of us here on HF know, there is no excuse for them not knowing.

Twitter also has had an affect on me because I see what guys like Panaccio and Seravalli tweet during a game, and sometimes I think " are we watching the same thing?" (mostly with Panaccio though).
I watch the games and I know what I'm looking at. They have access, that's about it really.

Old
06-13-2011, 06:15 PM
DUHockey9

Omg. Panaccio is on CSN right now and mentioned Bryz getting 6 million and said "That would put him up there with JS Giguere." REALLY?! REALLY?! THAT'S the goalie you use as a comparison at 6 million. GOD you are terrible.

Old
06-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
Omg. Panaccio is on CSN right now and mentioned Bryz getting 6 million and said "That would put him up there with JS Giguere." REALLY?! REALLY?! THAT'S the goalie you use as a comparison at 6 million. GOD you are terrible.
Holy ****, I was thinking the exact same thing. Also, about Bob, said that "no goalie can develop when he only gets 30 games per year."

Old
06-13-2011, 06:24 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Thing is, both of those guys were in the AHL. Bob can't do that.

Old
06-13-2011, 06:27 PM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
Holy ****, I was thinking the exact same thing. Also, about Bob, said that "no goalie can develop when he only gets 30 games per year."
I had to hop on Twitter to belittle him. I also tweeted Sarah Baicker to ask her if she facepalms reading his stuff/hearing him too.

He is UNBELIEVABLE.

Old
06-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go david krejci 430 View Post
Thing is, both of those guys were in the AHL. Bob can't do that.
Bob developed pretty well in the KHL. He has a few things to work on, and he'll be able to with an NHL goalie coach. I don't think his development is going to be stunted because he's only playing 25-30 games.

Old
06-13-2011, 06:57 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Bill Meltzer
Anthony SanFilippo
Frank Seravalli

I pretty much ignore the rest of the Philadelphia media.
I like Baicker as well. She hasn't written anything ridiculous and at least she plays the game. How many of the others have actually done that?

Old
06-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Terence Peterman

Pannacio is certainly an idiot, but he probably just phrased himself poorly there (not unusual). Giguere was making that kind of money on his last contract.

Old
06-13-2011, 09:54 PM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
Pannacio is certainly an idiot, but he probably just phrased himself poorly there (not unusual). Giguere was making that kind of money on his last contract.
Yea but...out of the handful of goalies that make 6 million dollars, wtf would you pick the ONE that isn't great, or even good for that matter? It's just beyond words. How is Giggy the first goalie that comes to mind?

Old
06-13-2011, 09:59 PM
BringBackStevens

Pannacio's child molester stache grows an inch for every bit of nonsense he throws out there as "journalism"

Old
06-13-2011, 10:11 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Yea but...out of the handful of goalies that make 6 million dollars, wtf would you pick the ONE that isn't great, or even good for that matter? It's just beyond words. How is Giggy the first goalie that comes to mind?
Maybe because of the Ducks connection? I mean, word association with Bryz brings me: High voice, Coyotes, Ducks, 2006, Giguere. Makes sense to me, ignoring the accuracy of the comparison.

Also, not being a jerk. I was just answering your question with my reason of how Giggy could have come up first.

Old
06-13-2011, 10:57 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Let's make a petition to have panaccio fired, and have his job given to bill meltzer.

Old
06-13-2011, 11:31 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Let's make a petition to have panaccio fired, and have his job given to bill meltzer.
Last time Panotch lost a beat, we got the writer of "Captain Whine".

We created a monster...

Old
06-14-2011, 12:00 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Wow, what a joke.

Old
06-14-2011, 08:17 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Not to mention Giguere's contract is expiring.

Old
06-14-2011, 08:30 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Maybe because of the Ducks connection? I mean, word association with Bryz brings me: High voice, Coyotes, Ducks, 2006, Giguere. Makes sense to me, ignoring the accuracy of the comparison.

Also, not being a jerk. I was just answering your question with my reason of how Giggy could have come up first.
I know, no worries. Just good discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
I actually spent a good 10 minutes trying to find a contact email address at CSN where I could complain. Unfortunately, I couldn't find one that seemed applicable.

Old
06-14-2011, 08:41 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
I like Baicker as well. She hasn't written anything ridiculous and at least she plays the game. How many of the others have actually done that?
True, there's definitely no ill will toward Baicker. She's been pretty solid so far, and she actually seems like a nice person.

I overlook her though at times, probably because she's so new.

She has been getting a ton more feature articles in recent months.

Pretty much in the span of this hockey season she's gone from the occasional piece to being one of the feature writers. It was kind of cool to watch it unfold.

Quote:
Probably since Giguere and Bryzgalov were teammates and won the Cup together.

At the time, Bryzgalov was playing second fiddle to Giguere, who was getting paid (/about to get paid) big money.

Now, in theory, it's Bryz's turn to get paid even though I still don't believe paying a goaltender all that money is the right thing to do.

Old
06-14-2011, 08:48 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Probably since Giguere and Bryzgalov were teammates and won the Cup together.

At the time, Bryzgalov was playing second fiddle to Giguere, who was getting paid (/about to get paid) big money.

Now, in theory, it's Bryz's turn to get paid even though I still don't believe paying a goaltender all that money is the right thing to do.
I'm not denying there is a connection between Bryz and Giggy. But Panotch's intention was to essentially say "Bryz is a top goalie and will be paid like one of the top goalies like <name>". For the sake of your analogy, pick one of the top goalies.

Old
06-14-2011, 08:54 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
I'm not denying there is a connection between Bryz and Giggy. But Panotch's intention was to essentially say "Bryz is a top goalie and will be paid like one of the top goalies like <name>". For the sake of your analogy, pick one of the top goalies.
Thomas, Luongo, Lundqvist, Miller...

You're right. Giguere doesn't really work anymore.

Old
06-14-2011, 08:59 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Thomas, Luongo, Lundqvist, Miller...

You're right. Giguere doesn't really work anymore.
Exactly.

I can say with 100% confidence that if you were writing an article, and trying to convey the same point, you would have picked any of the other names to drive the point home that Bryzgalov would be in elite company at that salary.

Hell, you can play "one of these things is not like the other" with the group haha.

Old
06-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Bill Meltzer is on a different level to anyother philly reporter, hell he's on a different level to most NHL reporters.

Old
06-14-2011, 10:54 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Okay...

I just realized that someone had the gall to post this on the trade board.

How did anyone come to the conclusion that this was a good idea?

It's bad enough that people are begging us for Carter, but now they're doing the unthinkable and begging us for Richards as well.

Old
06-14-2011, 12:33 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Okay...

It's bad enough that people are begging us for Carter, but now they're doing the unthinkable and begging us for Richards as well.
I saw that and my immediate reaction was just "why"?

Old
06-14-2011, 12:43 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Okay...

Apparently the Flyers need to trade Carter and Richards so that they can sign Bryz and give JVR a new deal (in the near future). The Flyers gain cap space and bad/decent prospects.

Closed Thread