HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vancouver @ Boston Game 6. Canucks lead series 3-2

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2011, 07:14 AM
Protest the Hero

vCash: 500
Guys you're forgetting that Karma doesn't exist unless it's in favour of Boston. Remember, when one of their players get hurt it isn't the result of Karma, it's only the beginning of a new Karma chain in which someone from the opposing team must get injured.

Old
06-14-2011, 08:20 AM
Bullsmith

I turned on the game last night, saw Boychuck take out Raymond and Chara blatantly assault Sedin within the first minutes, while the Refs ignored the first and somehow got a 4-on-4 out of the second. I turned off the tv, and I'm glad I did. To me, the game was fixed from the face off. The refs couldn't guarantee a win, but they made it abundantly clear that Boston had carte blanche to break the rules at will. ****ing NHL is borderline pro wrestling at this point.

Old
06-14-2011, 08:33 AM
almo8989

The refs have been a joke all series long. They have failed to set the ton early to get rid of those end of whistle crap. Daniel takes repeated jabs from Marchand and somehow gets tossed. Of course the Bruins fans say he deserves it since he didn't fight back. The Canucks will always be the classless ones even though the Bruins are the ones gooning it up.

Old
06-14-2011, 08:43 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
I wonder how serious is Raymond's injury... They're saying 4-6 months with broken hip or back (fractured vertebrae?). Yet another serious injury related to Boston. Beyond ridiculous, because this won't even be looked at by the league (not suspension material). I don't even know what to say at this point, it is so sad. I didn't believe in Boston's luck, but now I certainly *********g do.

Best Stanley Cup Finals. Ironically, I find it righteously deserves to go to Boston, and I'm sure most of you do to.
I might even cheer for them tomorrow. And once Chara lifts it, I hope it falls from his over 7 foot reach and shatters on impact.

Last edited by PhysicX: 06-14-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old
06-14-2011, 08:45 AM
ScopeHockey

A few random comments:

-Great job by CBC playing the Hip's "Blow at High Dough" for the intro last night....one of the greatest Canadian songs ever written IMO.

-I hate Boston but they will win Game 7. Thomas is more clutch than Luongo and one of Ryder/Bergeron/Krejci/Lucic will step up and score the big goal.

-If the Canucks win, they will be the LEAST impressive Stanley Cup winner in recent memory. When I try to think back at impressive moments they've had in these playoffs I can barely think of any - yet they can hoist the Cup with one more win.

Old
06-14-2011, 08:47 AM
impudent_lowlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
I turned on the game last night, saw Boychuck take out Raymond and Chara blatantly assault Sedin within the first minutes, while the Refs ignored the first and somehow got a 4-on-4 out of the second. I turned off the tv, and I'm glad I did. To me, the game was fixed from the face off. The refs couldn't guarantee a win, but they made it abundantly clear that Boston had carte blanche to break the rules at will. ****ing NHL is borderline pro wrestling at this point.
If you're an NHL executive, which market would you rather succeed in in order to expand your marketshare?

Old
06-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Marchy79

If I am the nucks... id spend a good amount of time telling who's on the ice to consistently 'ride' Seidenberg in to the boards every chance they got.

He's got a groin problem, an was their most effective defenceman... There's nothing more painful than a groin injury, and being 'led' to where you gotta go (Cause I dont think he'll want to stop it too much).

Make Seidenberg non affective, and Thomas is then exposed for the taking.

Old
06-14-2011, 08:56 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
I wonder how serious is Raymond's injury... They're saying 4-6 months with broken hip or back (fractured vertebrae?). Yet another serious injury related to Boston. Beyond ridiculous, because this won't even be looked at by the league (not suspension material). I don't even know what to say at this point, it is so sad. I didn't believe in Boston's luck, but now I certainly *********g do.

Best Stanley Cup Finals. Ironically, I find it righteously deserves to go to Boston, and I'm sure most of you do to.
I might even cheer for them tomorrow. And once Chara lifts it, I hope it falls from his over 7 foot reach and shatters on impact.
Broken vertebrae. Out for the series.

If I was Vancouver I'd push hard for a suspension since Boston got one on the Horton hit even though Boychuk is hardly a key player.

Old
06-14-2011, 08:58 AM
VanCity72

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCrefugee View Post
Habs fans,

I want to vent to you guys, I hope it's alright. I can't take the Bruins or their fans anymore. Are they always this..****ed up?? Earlier in the series I used to just check out their board just to read what's up in boston and I see nothing but wishes to injure a number of canucks. These guys have something wrong with them. So violent, it's hockey not ****in gladiator.

Tonight I watched one of the canucks get injured in a play where he didn't even touch the puck but yet got shoved into the boards awkwardly and the crowd chants "flopper"... Really? What a disrespectful bunch of ******. This pisses me off beyond belief. These thick skulled cavemen think it's ok to act like this?? I'm so sick of these guys already I can't imagine how you guys feel having to interact with this group of people on a regular basis. I seriously feel bad for you.

Hopefully Wednesday the canucks can crush their hopes and dreams. I'd like nothing more than to see them lose knowing they might not ever make it back there ever again.
You're looking at the wrong fan base for comfort. Just check their main board.

Quote:
THe Habs were the toughest team the Bruins played -- by a lot
Quote:
A Max Pac away from Winning the Cup?

Quote:
Are the Habs better than the Canucks?

Old
06-14-2011, 09:06 AM
PhysicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCity72 View Post
So what? He's at the best place to vent off. If you read some of the posts in those threads, not everybody agrees with them. And what's the point of your post? We've already told him he can keep up his venting to us.

Old
06-14-2011, 09:10 AM
PhysicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
If I was Vancouver I'd push hard for a suspension since Boston got one on the Horton hit even though Boychuk is hardly a key player.
There really isn't any material for suspension to be honest (my opinion). Just the fact no penalty was called on the play decreases chances of a suspension by a mile. And the league already set a precedent for that type of injury, which is so ******* ironic (*hint* Pacioretty *hint*)

Last edited by PhysicX: 06-14-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old
06-14-2011, 09:11 AM
Tusk

Quote:
So what? He's at the best place to vent off. If you read some of the posts in those threads, not everybody agrees with them. And what's the point of your post? We've already told him he can keep up his venting to us.
Not to mention his first example was started by a Bruins fan. His feelings shouldn't be that hurt, his team can still win the cup on Wednesday, come back and complain after you lose it.

Old
06-14-2011, 09:32 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Trust me, when I say that I BELIEVE I am speaking for the Majority when I say Go Nucks Go!

We have a crap load of history between Boston and us... If there is any ONE franchise that WANTS you guys to end their dream of hoisting that cup... It's us.*

A few random posts asking the odd question on the biggest team board is no surprise.

Frankly, it surprises me that there are ANY hab fans cheering for Boston (honestly, it feels against my religion )

I have felt the symmetry between our organizations... & I WILL declare that these playoffs have made Vancouver my second hockey team, & the first team in my heart from the West.

I love some of your players... From our older habs (Higg**ins & Lapierre) to the Montreal Golden boy goalie (Lou)

I took on the Nucks as my second team this playoff. Mainly due to the fact that it's just the 2 of us Canadian teams.

Then came the thoughts about how similar we are... Both team names are based on Canadian connotations 'Canadiens & Canucks'

Both teams have a fantastic goalie, from the OTHER's neck of the woods (Price from Anahim Valley BC, Luongo is from Montreal)

Both teams are built with the premise of speed, & skill.

Dont take a few questions on a hockey board for the Habs for the feelings about the Canucks of this playoff... There's been more posts in support of the Canucks than those asking questions about your team.

It's kind of like Rocky 3... We are Apollo Creed (former champ... 24 times!) and you guys are Rocky Balboa... The challenger who can take the title...

Your adversary is the Bruins... But we'll ALWAYS want a Title shot... someday

Old
06-14-2011, 09:37 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
There's a lot of moronic fans that are incapable of proper judgment simply because they are overly emotional when speaking about the Bruins. Even some of the better ones can have their judgments clouded a bit because they hate the Bruins so much.
The three collapses by Luongo on the road has been unacceptable to some.

I don't think Vancouver has played particularly bad. I think Vancouver played well even during the blowouts up until Luongo switched to swiss cheese. I believe yesterday was a great indication of it once Schneider came in.

Old
06-14-2011, 09:55 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
There's a lot of moronic fans that are incapable of proper judgment simply because they are overly emotional when speaking about the Bruins. Even some of the better ones can have their judgments clouded a bit because they hate the Bruins so much.
The three collapses by Luongo on the road has been unacceptable to some.

I don't think Vancouver has played particularly bad. I think Vancouver played well even during the blowouts up until Luongo switched to swiss cheese. I believe yesterday was a great indication of it once Schneider came in.
That damn 5 minute period... Schneider played AMAZING in platoon...

No question Lu should get the nod in game #7

Old
06-14-2011, 10:18 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by almo8989 View Post
The refs have been a joke all series long. They have failed to set the ton early to get rid of those end of whistle crap. Daniel takes repeated jabs from Marchand and somehow gets tossed. Of course the Bruins fans say he deserves it since he didn't fight back. The Canucks will always be the classless ones even though the Bruins are the ones gooning it up.

*GIF Request*

Marchand grabbing D. Sedin's jersey after the whistle and REPEATEDLY jabbing him in the face RIGHT IN FRONT of the refs was truly a pathetic NHL display.

It was like he wanted to take Sedin's lunch money and ipod

Unfortunately for Sedin, it was unbelievably funny too

Its an instant classic!

Any GIF magicians out there?

Thanks

Old
06-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
There really isn't any material for suspension to be honest (my opinion). Just the fact no penalty was called on the play decreases chances of a suspension by a mile. And the league already set a precedent for that type of injury, which is so ******* ironic (*hint* Pacioretty *hint*)
The fact that he was hit without the puck and has a broken vertebrae would have me pulling out the Horton hit if I was Gillis. If nothing else I'd go ******* in the media if for no other reason than to take the media focus away from the game 6 performance and off my players.

Old
06-14-2011, 10:25 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Watching Luongo suck was kind of fun. If he chokes tomorrow night man people in Vancouver will never forgive him

Old
06-14-2011, 10:36 AM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by impudent_lowlife View Post
If you're an NHL executive, which market would you rather succeed in in order to expand your marketshare?
That's exactly what upsets me so much. The NHL's manipulation of the league to favor it's market of choice in a given year has become so blatantly obvious it's impossible to miss. And for me it's ruining the sport. First it was Crosby and Ovy the league was determined to push. Crosby won the cup. Last year was Chicago's year from the first day of the season. This year Boston and Philly were the chosen markets. Of all those teams, Boston is the only one to have really pushed the envelope and turned the NHL's marketing stragey into a carte-blanche to break the rules. What's so upsetting to me is that I saw it coming and not only is the idea that the game is being reffed fairly being destroyed, a lot of people are ending up in hospital because of it. I guess on plus side Boston's behavior has been so ridiculous, and the NHL's treatment of it so blatantly favorable to them that it's exposed just how much of a corrupt insiders club my beloved "sport" really is.

Old
06-14-2011, 10:55 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
That's exactly what upsets me so much. The NHL's manipulation of the league to favor it's market of choice in a given year has become so blatantly obvious it's impossible to miss. And for me it's ruining the sport. First it was Crosby and Ovy the league was determined to push. Crosby won the cup. Last year was Chicago's year from the first day of the season. This year Boston and Philly were the chosen markets. Of all those teams, Boston is the only one to have really pushed the envelope and turned the NHL's marketing stragey into a carte-blanche to break the rules. What's so upsetting to me is that I saw it coming and not only is the idea that the game is being reffed fairly being destroyed, a lot of people are ending up in hospital because of it. I guess on plus side Boston's behavior has been so ridiculous, and the NHL's treatment of it so blatantly favorable to them that it's exposed just how much of a corrupt insiders club my beloved "sport" really is.

Kind of like how Pittsburgh was in SO MUCH trouble... and miraculously beat the odds, and landed the pick for Crosby... Lemieux literally was given another... Lemieux. (Go figure)

I want Bettman and Co to resign. Or bring back Goodenow (who always seemed to at least keep the jackass in check).

Personally, I feel Wayne Gretzky SHOULD be the commissioner for the NHL, and should have been the minute he retired.

Jacobs (Boston's owner) was the key guy who got Bettman his 7.2 million dollar raise.

He also was one of the first in Bettman's corner during the lockout

He also pays Campbells kid to play hockey (yet another piece to the puzzle)...

I wish Geoff Molson would speak up. But god knows if they do... What kind of problems this group of weasels would throw at them.

But if I was owner, I'd be ******** cows the minute that the Patches thing happened, and would have held them accountable when Horton went down, and Rome's susbsequent suspension.

If there was ever a time we needed a policeman lining up with the Canadiens... It'd be about now. Espescially against the Bruins...

John Ferguson hear my prayer

Closed Thread