Will be something that we already have pounded in our head 100X
We will be gunning for the playoffs
We expect big things from _____
We will keep our picks, unless blown away
We are working on signing our restricted free agents
We will be a active team in free agents.
Burke stating that he thinks Frattin has a chance with the Leafs next year.
- Frattin was brought up, and Burke mentioned that he usually likes prospects to play and develop at the AHL level first "ala Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan"...But believes he's ready enough to possibly skip all of that.
- Burke: Colborne a big, very smart and good kid. Not aquired for a bottom 6 Centre, aquired to be a Top 6 Centre because Burke believes he has the skillset to be a Top6. Took some arm twisting to aquire Colborne. The 2nd rounder was a "kicker".
- Happy about number of draft picks: not as much high-end talent this year, but good depth
- Thinks Frattin has developed really well (kudos to JFJ for drafting) and claims he can probably skip AHL to play with the Leafs
- Talks about how college hockey is great for later developing players (i.e. Colborne, Gardiner, Hanson, etc.)
- Colborne a real bright kid; high IQ on and off the ice. Got him as a top 6 center, not bottom 6.
- SCF and his take on the Canucks: hasn't seen a final like this.
- NHL should look into expanding ice surface from 85 to 90-92 feet. Bigger players means more room is needed in the future.
is very busy negociating right now, draft is distinct from other years, no headlines like crosby but a lot of depths, aim at trading two of three picks first picks, is very happy with the scouting staffs job (last 2 drafts) Frattin
believe that Frattin had an awesome game last year vs habs and even think he will skip the ahl step next year. Colborne; top6 center, good character, very good size,
Playoffs; games in vancouver were tied while those in boston were blowout.. burke picked vancouver as the winner.
Headshots rules: sorry didnt follow that part lol.