HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Buffalo/Columbus

Closed Thread

Old
08-30-2008, 10:32 PM
ColonelForbin

vCash: 500
Buffalo/Columbus

Buffalo: Afinogenov (3.5M)

Columbus: Modin (3.5M)

Old
08-30-2008, 10:43 PM
mhossa81

Being a huge Sabres fan, I still like Max but his performance is on everyone's minds here. I would certainly like to keep Max here if he somehow returns to his old self this season, but if he doesn't I would like to see him dealt before the trade deadline. Max could get his play back with new teammates so trading him could be a good idea and bringing Modin to Buffalo could benefit the Sabres. Having some solid 50 point seasons and some leadership could be a possible player the Sabres could make use of.

Old
08-30-2008, 10:57 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

If I were Regier, I would stick with Afinogenov. At least you know he'll play.

Old
08-31-2008, 12:50 AM
ColonelForbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhossa81 View Post
Being a huge Sabres fan, I still like Max but his performance is on everyone's minds here. I would certainly like to keep Max here if he somehow returns to his old self this season, but if he doesn't I would like to see him dealt before the trade deadline. Max could get his play back with new teammates so trading him could be a good idea and bringing Modin to Buffalo could benefit the Sabres. Having some solid 50 point seasons and some leadership could be a possible player the Sabres could make use of.
The leadership up front definitely wouldn't hurt.

Old
08-31-2008, 01:33 AM
Canuckle
West Coast Express

Since the salaries are the same I don't think people will want Afinogenov over Modin.

Unless Columbus knows something we don't know about Afinogenov then it's a no deal from the Blue Jackets.

Old
08-31-2008, 07:25 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

as I said on our board, at this point, I wouldn't trade Mac for Modin, let alone throw in Max.

Old
08-31-2008, 08:53 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Although Afinogenov is intriguing, I would pass. Modin is supposedly healthy. Last year was cursed for Freddy. He only played 23 games last season. The thought is for him to mentor Brassard on the 2nd line, and get back to his former self.

Old
08-31-2008, 09:15 AM
Meichel Kane
Ex-Armond White

I have never been a big fan of Modin. I pass. At best it's a lateral move that doesn't even save money.

Old
08-31-2008, 09:37 AM
ColonelForbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheektovanek View Post
I have never been a big fan of Modin. I pass. At best it's a lateral move that doesn't even save money.
It's lateral in terms of production, but not in size and leadership qualities.

Old
08-31-2008, 09:44 AM
ColonelForbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeGiftingMan View Post
as I said on our board, at this point, I wouldn't trade Mac for Modin, let alone throw in Max.
What's your reasoning?

Old
08-31-2008, 12:54 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
What's your reasoning?
I just think Mac's potential upside is significantly bigger than what Modin brings to the table right now.

Modin has size and has won a Cup, sure, and I know that some of my opinion is based on my own bias and fondness for MacArthur as a prospect, but I still think he has potential for 70 points in a season. He's not a guy that steps in right away and lights it up; just look at his career stats. At every level, his second full season at said level is a breakout. I'd rather play that trend than take a big risk on a guy coming off an injury-riddled season.

I suppose that last applies to both Modin and Max, though.

Old
08-31-2008, 01:15 PM
ColonelForbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeGiftingMan View Post
I just think Mac's potential upside is significantly bigger than what Modin brings to the table right now.

Modin has size and has won a Cup, sure, and I know that some of my opinion is based on my own bias and fondness for MacArthur as a prospect, but I still think he has potential for 70 points in a season. He's not a guy that steps in right away and lights it up; just look at his career stats. At every level, his second full season at said level is a breakout. I'd rather play that trend than take a big risk on a guy coming off an injury-riddled season.

I suppose that last applies to both Modin and Max, though.
I guess it's a present vs. future type deal. There really isn't room for CMac to step in and produce in any big way this season, but they'll need more playmaking and offensive ability if one or more of Max/Connolly/Kotalik aren't resigned.

Old
06-14-2011, 10:52 AM
traunt5

modin

Closed Thread