HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Long Term Plans

Old
06-14-2011, 11:59 AM
KlattNazty

vCash: 500
Long Term Plans

Simple, what players or prospects that we currently have do you believe will be an integral part of our future success?

Second, who on the team will not be here long term?

Here's my thoughts:

Short Term:

MacArthur - I like him, he plays a decent two way game, had a breakout year, but lacks good size, lacks high end speed, and sometimes is invisible. I dont see him being here for the long term because of the competition at his spot and the younger, cheaper, and higher potential players we have in the system.

Gunnarsson - Relatively consistent, not flashy, solid in all areas, but does not use his size very effectively at all. Is not a fast skater, but can read plays relatively well. Again, the competition at his spot in the roster makes me question his future with this team. I dont see him as much more than a number 4, our top 4 defenceman are pretty secure besides the obvious lack of a PMD. A decent trade chip if he shows that he can play in the second pairing.

Grabovski - Fast, works hard in every zone, doesnt quit, and is starting to put up points that match his skill level. I actually can see Grabovski remaining with them team, but he has had alot of success at the wing, and seeing as size down the middle in today's NHL is highly coveted and useful, I can see him going back there.
I could also see him being dangled for a trade to upgrade our 1st line.

Bozak - Has speed and a decent understand of the game, but I dont see him fitting in the top 6, or the bottom 6. He could work out for someone, I just dont think that someone is us.

As for some of our prospects, my hope is that Kenny Ryan and Brad Ross are major parts of our third line in the next few years. Ditto for Colborne and Kadri on our first line.

KlattNazty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 12:20 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

I think guys like Ross, Colbourne, Aulie, Schenn (if you still want to count him), Gardiner, Rynnas (if you still want to count him too).

I think everyone else could be traded in terms of prospects. Who knows though? You never know what Burke might get offered.

DirtyDion03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 12:21 PM
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid

This is new and exciting.

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 12:27 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamshot View Post
Simple, what players or prospects that we currently have do you believe will be an integral part of our future success?

Second, who on the team will not be here long term?

Here's my thoughts:

Short Term:

MacArthur - I like him, he plays a decent two way game, had a breakout year, but lacks good size, lacks high end speed, and sometimes is invisible. I dont see him being here for the long term because of the competition at his spot and the younger, cheaper, and higher potential players we have in the system.

Gunnarsson - Relatively consistent, not flashy, solid in all areas, but does not use his size very effectively at all. Is not a fast skater, but can read plays relatively well. Again, the competition at his spot in the roster makes me question his future with this team. I dont see him as much more than a number 4, our top 4 defenceman are pretty secure besides the obvious lack of a PMD. A decent trade chip if he shows that he can play in the second pairing.

Grabovski - Fast, works hard in every zone, doesnt quit, and is starting to put up points that match his skill level. I actually can see Grabovski remaining with them team, but he has had alot of success at the wing, and seeing as size down the middle in today's NHL is highly coveted and useful, I can see him going back there.
I could also see him being dangled for a trade to upgrade our 1st line.

Bozak - Has speed and a decent understand of the game, but I dont see him fitting in the top 6, or the bottom 6. He could work out for someone, I just dont think that someone is us.

As for some of our prospects, my hope is that Kenny Ryan and Brad Ross are major parts of our third line in the next few years. Ditto for Colborne and Kadri on our first line.
Mac-I think he gets a short term deal and hopeful he comes back. Doesn't have the high end goal scoring skills but hes good for 20 goals but he's a playmaker first of all.
There have been guys that have been late bloomers and high picks that never perform so let's see what we have. Besides he only turned 26 on April and is just a year older than everyone's favourite Kulemin.

Bozak-how everyone forgot about his performaance in his 1st year. I am disappointed in his play last year but I think he can work out well on the 3rd line. I think Leaf fans have to get through their head that a player doesn't have to steam roll a guy to be a 3rd line checking player like pahlsson etc. If he can play like a Bolland or Filpulla, I'll be happy to have on the roster for years to come.

Gunnarson-Happy to have him as the #5 guy but shouldn't be playing 25 minutes like he was to end the year.

Grabo- never doubted Grabs. He struggled in his sophmore year but regarding skill level for 2nd line centers, he's up there. This is a guy who had a 50 point rookie season, the potential for a 60-70 guy entering his prime is there. I would like him to stay around but let's see how he does this year. I don't have a problem paying guys that are worth it and getting rid of those who aren't. I don't believe in paying for potential.

Kenny Ryan will be our Torey Mitchell on the 4th line. Brad Ross maybe a 3rd liner. I think Matt Frattin is going to shock people and become a Jason Pominville (shot)/Drew Stafford kind of player.

Erza Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 12:30 PM
Yosho
Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
This is new and exciting.
Hahaha

Yosho is offline   Reply With Quote