HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kostitsyn versus Pacioretty

View Poll Results: Better season next year?
Andrei K 48 32.00%
Max Pac 102 68.00%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
A.Kost is the safer picks. Potential seasons (if all goes well):

AKost 23-28 = 51pts
Patch 20-25 = 45pts
That seems about right. Hopefully Patch can step it up and produce better than that but I think those are realistic numbers.

I was hoping AK was going to be better than he is but I think we've seen what we're going to get out of him. He's a 25 goal man who will run hot and cold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I'm not that confident that Pacioretty will return as if nothing has happened. I think it'll take some time before he returns to form.
Did you read the Maclean's article? It offered some good news. The way MaxPac got hit was head on and this bodes well for a faster and more complete recovery. Unlike Crosby who got hit on a kind of rotational hit which seems to be more damaging.

Hopefully that bodes well for Max and us.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:00 PM
peate
Good grief!

Andrei is good but I think he's already reached his potential. However, look for Patches next year. Providing the "accident" hasn't made him cautious, he should have a breakout season.

peate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Dharvey33

I like Kostitsyn but i think he will never do more than 55 points with the habs.

He has the capacity to do so, but not the heart or the engagement to the team.

Plus martin hates his guts so he won't give him enough ice time to really shine.

Paciorretty if he comes back the same (let's hope so) could net 30 and 65 points IMO and at least a 50 points season next year but with heart at every single shifts on the ici and an aspect of the game Kostitsyn lacks passion.

Give the heart of Steve Begin to Kostitsyn an you got yourselves an 75 points player with a 35-40 goal potential. But that will never happen.

This guy is so frustrating to watch because he has highlight real skills an absolute laser but uses them about 1 game out of 5.

Kostitsyn and Kovalev skill wise are the best players the Habs have had since Damphousse and Richer. And IMO they have more skills than those two.

But because of the heart the determination and the passion of Paciorretty he will be a better player than Kostitsyn in the league.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
I like Kostitsyn but i think he will never do more than 55 points with the habs.

He has the capacity to do so, but not the heart or the engagement to the team.

Plus martin hates his guts so he won't give him enough ice time to really shine.

Paciorretty if he comes back the same (let's hope so) could net 30 and 65 points IMO and at least a 50 points season next year but with heart at every single shifts on the ici and an aspect of the game Kostitsyn lacks passion.

Give the heart of Steve Begin to Kostitsyn an you got yourselves an 75 points player with a 35-40 goal potential. But that will never happen.

This guy is so frustrating to watch because he has highlight real skills an absolute laser but uses them about 1 game out of 5.

Kostitsyn and Kovalev skill wise are the best players the Habs have had since Damphousse and Richer. And IMO they have more skills than those two.

But because of the heart the determination and the passion of Paciorretty he will be a better player than Kostitsyn in the league.
Richer broke my heart. I'm pretty sure it came out that he suffered from bipolar disorder though. That explains a lot about his career. All the tools and the best shot in the league but he would go into these really strange moods...

Old
06-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Gally11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
I know you said on the PP, but for fun let's picture this

(Pouliot/Jagr/Desharnais) - Plekanec - Cammalleri
Darche - Gomez - Gionta
Pacioretty - Eller - Kostitsyn
Moen - (Talbot/Pyat) - White

I kind of like it, but we have three offensive players with size and putting em all on the same line might not work.
I wouldn't break Pacrioretty away from Gomez, it's the only time Gomez produced all season long. Patches might score more points on another line but for the beginning of the season I think the overall benefit of the team would be patches with gomez and gio

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:30 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereabouts Unknown View Post
I wouldn't break Pacrioretty away from Gomez, it's the only time Gomez produced all season long. Patches might score more points on another line but for the beginning of the season I think the overall benefit of the team would be patches with gomez and gio
I agree 100%

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Richer broke my heart. I'm pretty sure it came out that he suffered from bipolar disorder though. That explains a lot about his career. All the tools and the best shot in the league but he would go into these really strange moods...
Well the comparaison stands between Richer and Kostitsyn, they are quite similar players. Talented as hell but no passion whatsoever of playing the game. Richer is a better tplayer tahn Kostitsyn because he netted 50 goals but still those two are much alike.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 07:24 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I don't think that Kostitsyn isn't passionate about the game. He actually has a lot of enthusiasm when he scores goals. I just think that his epileptic medication has a lot to do with his psychology on the ice. I think it might just generally be difficult for him to get motivated.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 07:31 PM
costathing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I'm not that confident that Pacioretty will return as if nothing has happened. I think it'll take some time before he returns to form.
Well with the camp and pre-season plus the summer...This is a lot of time for patche to get back on track

costathing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 07:37 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by costathing View Post
Well with the camp and pre-season plus the summer...This is a lot of time for patche to get back on track
We'd have to wait for his first game against the bruins to really know.

Max : "C'mon. I'm ready. 100%. Let's destroy the bruins now."
Looks at Chara during faceoff.
***** in his pants.

Zednik n02. Of course I hope that won't happen.

Pac seems to have the just enough cocky attitude to come back 100%.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 07:41 PM
PATCHESx67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
I know you said on the PP, but for fun let's picture this

(Pouliot/Jagr/Desharnais) - Plekanec - Cammalleri
Darche - Gomez - Gionta
Pacioretty - Eller - Kostitsyn
Moen - (Talbot/Pyat) - White

I kind of like it, but we have three offensive players with size and putting em all on the same line might not work.
cmon now bro ?

i think everyone loves Darche dude plays with heart every single game but having him in our top 6 ? i hope that doesnt happen

Patches-Gomez-Gionta

the american line played great last year lets give it another try but i woudlnt argue that ur 3rd line would be something really interesting to see but DD-Eller-Akost should be our 3rd line

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

I actually like AK a lot even if I vote Patches, I hope both have a great seasons.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:13 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I don't think that Kostitsyn isn't passionate about the game. He actually has a lot of enthusiasm when he scores goals. I just think that his epileptic medication has a lot to do with his psychology on the ice. I think it might just generally be difficult for him to get motivated.
True this.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 11:36 PM
sammy d

Easy, Kots has peaked, Pac is on the upswing. Should be no contest.

sammy d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 05:54 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

voted patches. simply because he will get more ice time and will play with better linemates

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 07:35 AM
Kensai Akatsume Ryu

Send a message via MSN to Kensai Akatsume Ryu
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
I could in theory see Andrei put up more points, but no doubt Patches will have a better season.
That sums up my point of view.

Kensai Akatsume Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 07:36 AM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Excuses,excuses.Medication,Gomez,his brother etc. When he shows up in the playoffs I'll give him his props. He is what he is.A 3rd liner who will pop in 20 goals 45-50 pts /yr.And go through 20 game goalless streaks,usually in big games. It's a proven fact. It's too bad he's scared to get the dirty goals.That is the reason you see Darsche on the PP. AK won't go to the net.

jlgib21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 07:38 AM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Well the comparaison stands between Richer and Kostitsyn, they are quite similar players. Talented as hell but no passion whatsoever of playing the game. Richer is a better tplayer tahn Kostitsyn because he netted 50 goals but still those two are much alike.
Richer was a big-time partier. Hard to compare the two since Richer doubled AK goal totals and actually tried in the playoffs

jlgib21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
It's too bad he's scared to get the dirty goals.That is the reason you see Darsche on the PP. AK won't go to the net.
That arguement might have some merit, if, you know, Andrei didn't tend play the 'Darche' role on the other PP unit.

Darche, IMO, plays the front of the net role better than anyone else on the team because he has the size and determination to stay there. The other side of that coin however, would probably be that he doesn't have the skills to QB the PP or play on the half boards getting tee'd up by others to shoot. He has his role on the PP, knows what it is and knows that if he doesn't do it, he won't get any PP time.

While AK may not be perfect when playing that role, he does a good enough job to convince JM to play him there most of the time. And considering that most of his career before the NHL he would have played the point like he does with Belarus or played on the half boards where his passing and shooting skills can be utilised, I'd say he's taken to his role to help his team pretty well. Of course, every now and again he looks to pop out into the open space between the PKers because he has the skills to make something happen from there (that and he probably gets a bit bored waiting for someone to get the puck to the net) but he does score a bunch of his goals from the front of the net. So if he really is scared of going to the front of the net, then he deserves extra credit for fighting through his fears and doing something that scares him for the benefit of his team. Right?

Also, didn't Lats gets traded partly because he wouldn't go to the net enough? And apparently Andrei suffers from the same thing yet he is still on the team. Guess he must be really important to the team if he is still here despite his refusal to go to the net.

Although the more likely explanation is you just want to try and put him down so you make up an excuse despite the evidence to the contrary.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 12:06 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Excuses,excuses.Medication,Gomez,his brother etc. When he shows up in the playoffs I'll give him his props. He is what he is.A 3rd liner who will pop in 20 goals 45-50 pts /yr.And go through 20 game goalless streaks,usually in big games. It's a proven fact. It's too bad he's scared to get the dirty goals.That is the reason you see Darsche on the PP. AK won't go to the net.
Andrei's rookie season he was the top goal scorer on the team in the play-offs. His production in the play-offs has only been bad under Jacques Martin. Which isn't surprising since Martin doesn't like to overuse or adequately use anyone but Gomez.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 12:12 PM
E = CH²

That's going to depend on Martin. If AK gets yoyoed all season long from the 1st to the 4th line, it will be more of the same (45pts), which I believe Pacioretty can beat if all goes well/perfectly (50-55pts). But I personally believe AK is a 60 pts guy if used all year with Cammy and Plek, and I don't think Max Pac is a 60 pts guy yet.

Too many variables for me to cast my vote on this one.

E = CH² is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 12:30 PM
FlyingRat

Quote:
106 players scored at least 20 goals this year. That's an average of 3.5 per team. How is that 3rd line production?

FlyingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 10:34 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
There are some similarities but Richer actually produced and showed what he could do. He was inconsistent but a bad season for him was 25 goals. He was a game breaker who could dominate and we haven't seen that from AK yet. AK hasn't ever reached a level where he's shown he can dominate the game. He goes through stretches where he's somewhat productive and he makes the odd killer play but I've never seen him consistently dominate.

And I have no idea why. The guy has all the tools but just can't put it together.

Old
06-14-2011, 12:04 PM
hotcarle

Kostitsyn has more talent, but Pacioretty has more drive, yet still enough talent to be more productive. At the pace he was scoring at, 30-30 is possible. On a side note....the Canadiens have a lot of names that are difficult to spell.

hotcarle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Stradale

Quote:
This pretty much prove that you either didn't watch the Habs this season, or you're extremely bias against AK. 90% of the time when AK is on the PP, he parks his ass in front of the net.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote