HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: How do you think this team would fare?

Old
06-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Jersey Girl

vCash: 500
OT: How do you think this team would fare?

OK, way too much time on my hands, and discussing Brad Richards has gotten really old at this point. So I went ahead and ranked the NHL players at each position, and as if the whole league were being re-drafted, I gave my team a middle of the round pick for four rounds at each forward position, six rounds at the defenseman position, and two rounds at goalie.

In theory, I drafted the average NHL hockey team. I'm wondering how you think this team would fare in the current NHL. Please disregard salary and age (and assume Mason Raymond is healthy for next season), and just discuss how you think they would fare next year and next year only.

Here is my team (LW-C-RW):

Clarke MacArthur (Toronto) - Joe Thornton (San Jose) - Dany Heatley (San Jose)
Mason Raymond (Vancouver) - Bryan Little (Atlanta) - Kris Versteeg (Philadelphia)
Taylor Pyatt (Phoenix) - Scott Gomez (Montreal) - Nicolai Zherdev (Philadelphia)
Justin Abdelkader (Detroit) - Michal Handzus (Los Angeles) - Chuck Kobasew (Minnesota)

Defense:

John-Michael Liles (Colorado) - Roman Hamrlik (Montreal)
Fedor Tyutin (Columbus) - Chris Campoli (Chicago)
Francis Bouillon (Nashville) - Michael Sauer (New York)

Goaltenders:

Jaroslav Halak (St louis)
Curtis McilHenny (Ottawa)

What do you think? Kinda funny how Gomez, Zherdev and Tyutin wound up on my team!

How far does this team go?

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Kevin27nyi
#21KO

vCash: 50
they wouldnt get far with that defense.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 03:24 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Maybe capable of winning a round, but other than the first Thornton and Heatley you don't know what you're going to get with all the other players.

06-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
OK, way too much time on my hands, and discussing Brad Richards has gotten really old at this point. So I went ahead and ranked the NHL players at each position, and as if the whole league were being re-drafted, I gave my team a middle of the round pick for four rounds at each forward position, six rounds at the defenseman position, and two rounds at goalie.

In theory, I drafted the average NHL hockey team. I'm wondering how you think this team would fare in the current NHL. Please disregard salary and age (and assume Mason Raymond is healthy for next season), and just discuss how you think they would fare next year and next year only.

Here is my team (LW-C-RW):

Clarke MacArthur (Toronto) - Joe Thornton (San Jose) - Dany Heatley (San Jose)
Mason Raymond (Vancouver) - Bryan Little (Atlanta) - Kris Versteeg (Philadelphia)
Taylor Pyatt (Phoenix) - Scott Gomez (Montreal) - Nicolai Zherdev (Philadelphia)
Justin Abdelkader (Detroit) - Michal Handzus (Los Angeles) - Chuck Kobasew (Minnesota)

Defense:

John-Michael Liles (Colorado) - Roman Hamrlik (Montreal)
Fedor Tyutin (Columbus) - Chris Campoli (Chicago)
Francis Bouillon (Nashville) - Michael Sauer (New York)

Goaltenders:

Jaroslav Halak (St louis)
Curtis McilHenny (Ottawa)

What do you think? Kinda funny how Gomez, Zherdev and Tyutin wound up on my team!

How far does this team go?
Your team kinda sucks.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 03:34 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

LOL good luck.

That Stepan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 03:49 PM
In The Flesh

haha, wow Jersey Girl you def. do have a lot of time on your hands.

and aside from the goalie, that team is better than our team. I'd take that D over ours. (For A season, not the future)

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 03:51 PM
mrhockey193195

pretty deep group of forwards, the defense is pretty lackluster though. I see this team making the playoffs but not getting past the first or second (if lucky) round.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 03:55 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

too many quitters on offense and too many guys on defense who can't play defense. You're goalies are going to be left to hang out to dry and this team is going to get blown out most nights. I say they're a lottery pick...doh!

Teams will be rushing down on those right wingers exposing them bad, none of them will help out the defense.

The forwards who will forecheck consistently are Abdelkader, Pyatt, and maybe Handzus but Handzus is starting to age. He's really your only PK centerman.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
I wouldn't have high hopes.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 02:26 AM
hockeyman001

That team would finish somewhere between 7th and 13th in either conference...making the playoffs only if some of the underachievers in there (Little, Versteeg, Zherdev, Gomez) had good years. The defense is pretty soft except for Sauer, but the Halak-ness Monster is a very good goalie who I think will bounce back from a slightly down year (lower SV% than usual). Plus Halak has shown he can succeed when he gets bombarded with shots. Trouble is he doesn't play 65 games a year, and I don't see McElhinney being effective enough to pick up all the slack for the rest of the games. Mac could start 25 games no problem, but I don't see him winning many behind that defense and that's where a playoff spot would likely be lost given assuming reasonable production out of the forwards (aka not assuming "bounce back" years).

hockeyman001 is offline   Reply With Quote