HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Official Catbird Refuge/Sanctuary

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2011, 12:02 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
this is the Nashville Predators board...

we tend to go the opposite direction, and think that it's not important to have first or second liners, and have nothing BUT third and fourth liners

Old
06-13-2011, 12:05 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
this is the Nashville Predators board...

we tend to go the opposite direction, and think that it's not important to have first or second liners, and have nothing BUT third and fourth liners
Third line forwards, top pairing defenseman, and a never ending supply of goalies.

Old
06-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

so happy i get to cheer for the teams in my avy. you guys are just so nice and have a very likeable team. i love defensive hockey. i think a 2-1 game can be a lot more exciting than a 5-4 game.

plus the devils board is just bat**** crazy

Old
06-13-2011, 01:02 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Is there a list of folks we should be following on Twitter or bookmarked for Preds rumors and news?

Old
06-13-2011, 01:06 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Is there a list of folks we should be following on Twitter or bookmarked for Preds rumors and news?
off the top of my head:

theviewfrom111
joshuacooper
slakepreds
forechecker
predsoddmanrush
cellblock303
amandapreds
predatweeter
nhlpredsinsider
predsnhl

those are some of the more active ones, and you can pick up some more by looking at who they're talking to.

Old
06-13-2011, 01:10 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
off the top of my head:

theviewfrom111
joshuacooper
slakepreds
forechecker
predsoddmanrush
cellblock303
amandapreds
predatweeter
nhlpredsinsider
predsnhl

those are some of the more active ones, and you can pick up some more by looking at who they're talking to.
Are these all twitter accounts?

Old
06-13-2011, 01:48 PM
JamboPred

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Are these all twitter accounts?
Yes they are all twitter accounts. Also for preds news Ontheforecheck.com is the place to go.

Old
06-13-2011, 01:52 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Noted and bookmarked. Thank you.

Old
06-13-2011, 06:00 PM
hockey diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
i've had it with the winnipeg fans. now i've got some guy telling me the third and fourth lines don't matter. i understand you think the game hasn't changed since you lost your first team in the 90's but surprisingly it has, and as the loss of slater to the thrashers last year shows, good third liners make all the difference.
I guess that poster hasn't watched much post lockout hockey. The third and fourth lines don't matter that much in the regular season but they do matter in the playoffs. IMO Secondary scoring can make a huge difference in the playoffs and that scoring must come from your 3-4 line. Not to mention being able to tie the play up in the opponets end etc. Oh well, I'm glad y'all have come to join us.

Old
06-13-2011, 06:11 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
off the top of my head:

theviewfrom111
joshuacooper
slakepreds
forechecker
predsoddmanrush
cellblock303
amandapreds
predatweeter
nhlpredsinsider
predsnhl

Nice. I've had a twitter account for a while, but I only just started using it when I got tweetcaster on my phone. I had a couple of those, but I added a few more. Thanks

Old
06-14-2011, 03:10 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

In my own selfish way of wanting to move on, I just want this draft and free agency to hurry. I have new teams to learn about and watch. And one team to try to move on from.

Old
06-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

me too. i'm legitimately excited about the draft, devils have the first overall and have a rel chance of walking out of the draft with something special.

hopefully some thrashers players will move to my new favorites

Old
06-14-2011, 03:59 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
me too. i'm legitimately excited about the draft, devils have the first overall and have a rel chance of walking out of the draft with something special.

hopefully some thrashers players will move to my new favorites
no they don't ... they just won the draft lottery

Old
06-14-2011, 04:01 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Edmonton has 1st right?

Old
06-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Edmonton has 1st right?
correct

Old
06-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Adz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
no they don't ... they just won the draft lottery
Explain the difference, please. I always thought the two terms were interchangeable.

Old
06-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Explain the difference, please. I always thought the two terms were interchangeable.
you can win the lottery without winning the # 1 overall pick, you have to be outside the top 5 for that to happen though

Old
06-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Adz

Ah, so the Devils had a higher chance of getting the number 1 slot but Edmonton was the one who got it?

Old
06-14-2011, 05:28 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Ah, so the Devils had a higher chance of getting the number 1 slot but Edmonton was the one who got it?
Essentially the 14 teams who don't make the playoffs are put into the draft lottery. No team can move up more than four spots, and no team can move down more than one. So if you are to get the number 1 pick from the lottery you have to be in the top 5

Old
06-14-2011, 06:41 PM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Essentially the 14 teams who don't make the playoffs are put into the draft lottery. No team can move up more than four spots, and no team can move down more than one. So if you are to get the number 1 pick from the lottery you have to be in the top 5
and the oil get 1st or 2nd. like the nba this is to demotivate teams from tanking the season just to get the 1st pick(i.e. finishing last isn't a gaurentee of having #1, just a good chance).

Old
06-15-2011, 08:21 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes555 View Post
and the oil get 1st or 2nd. like the nba this is to demotivate teams from tanking the season just to get the 1st pick(i.e. finishing last isn't a gaurentee of having #1, just a good chance).
yes but its not as completely random as the NBA.

IIRC(and I havent watched the NBA draft in a looooong time) they put all the teams into a hopper, with the worst teams having the most entries, and they draw out one at a time and you could end up anywhere from 1st to 10th.

In the NHL they only draw one team, and that team isnt even guaranteed the top spot, and the worst you can do is drop one spot. I dont think that really discourages tanking, it just adds a little drama and gives TSN an event to televise.

I really dont recall anyone truly tanking recently. But what happens is teams out of the running trade their veterans and bring up a bunch of kids, which usually has a similar effect.

Old
06-16-2011, 08:17 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

So I sent an email to Jeff Cogan regarding welcoming Atlanta fans. I told him that Nashville fans would welcome them with open arms, and I was encouraged by the rumors that the ticket staff was reaching out to the Atlanta region. As the only team between Dallas and the east coast, we've got a lot of opportunity. I also floated the idea of marketing a combined jersey of the Trasher/Pred jersey talked about earlier, and standing to recognize the Atlanta fans during the games. Anyways, here's his response.

------

Thanks for the email and sorry for the delay in responding. We do plan on aggressively going after the Atlanta market, primarily for weekend mini plans. Honestly, donít love the combo jersey idea- we were thinking more in terms of discount hotels and gasoline gift cards. I do like the idea of recognizing the Atlanta folks at the game.

Appreciate the kind words and input.

Best,
Jeff

-------

Old
06-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

i have no idea why i said the devils had the first overall, i knew it was the 4th

Old
06-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post
So I sent an email to Jeff Cogan regarding welcoming Atlanta fans. I told him that Nashville fans would welcome them with open arms, and I was encouraged by the rumors that the ticket staff was reaching out to the Atlanta region. As the only team between Dallas and the east coast, we've got a lot of opportunity. I also floated the idea of marketing a combined jersey of the Trasher/Pred jersey talked about earlier, and standing to recognize the Atlanta fans during the games. Anyways, here's his response.

------

Thanks for the email and sorry for the delay in responding. We do plan on aggressively going after the Atlanta market, primarily for weekend mini plans. Honestly, donít love the combo jersey idea- we were thinking more in terms of discount hotels and gasoline gift cards. I do like the idea of recognizing the Atlanta folks at the game.

Best,
Jeff

-------
I agree with Cogen, the combo jersey isn't a really practical idea for the team.

It'd be cool though to see some folks buy a Thrashers and Predators jersey and cut them down the middle and sew them back together to form two jerseys though. Have one with a full Predators logo, the other with a full Thrashers patch.

Guessing they'll use Mapco Express (they are a sponsor) for the gas cards...

Old
06-16-2011, 11:59 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post

------

Best,
Jeff

-------
I agree with Jeff. Weekend plans are the way to go for this. Recognizing them (Atlanta fans) if there is a major group coming is cool too. I remember Thrash being at our arena one time during a non ATL game. That was kinda weird. Anyways, the combo jersey is a terrible idea, sorry. Maybe have some extreme discount leftover thrashers gear in the pro shop?

Closed Thread