HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston Bruins @ Vancouver Canucks game 7 winner takes all

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2011, 08:38 PM
jlgib21*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Let the Boards' mods do their job and ban the ******** who gonna taunt any of us.
Suck it up,man. You sound like PG crying bc the league/refs won't protect us from the big mean Bruins.

Old
06-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Bob Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
Bought a Vancouver jersey which I will be wearing tomorrow to watch the game (where is everyone catching it by the way?). I bought jerseys of the last 2 Stanley Cup winners (before they won SC), so hopefully I will make it 3 tomorrow night!
biggest bandwagon fan ever

Thinking of putting down 50$ on the broons. Im usually really unlucky and if they do indeed win it will make it easier to swallow.

Old
06-14-2011, 08:40 PM
jlgib21*

B's are like the Flyers of the mid-70's,winning by intimidating.That was neutralized by the Habs,B's and Isles getting tougher themselves,and they turned out to be the top teams until gretzky and the Oilers showed up.Toughen this wimpy bunch up PG,and we'll be back on top

Old
06-14-2011, 08:46 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
B's are like the Flyers of the mid-70's,winning by intimidating.That was neutralized by the Habs,B's and Isles getting tougher themselves,and they turned out to be the top teams until gretzky and the Oilers showed up.Toughen this wimpy bunch up PG,and we'll be back on top
Come on man. How well did the big tough Flyers do? That's what I thought. The way you beat this Bruins team is speed and skill. Their players are all hard wired to believe that no one is allowed to touch them anyways.

Old
06-14-2011, 08:49 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
Come on man. How well did the big tough Flyers do? That's what I thought. The way you beat this Bruins team is speed and skill. Their players are all hard wired to believe that no one is allowed to touch them anyways.
I was talking Flyers of the 70's bullied their way to 2 Cups in a row,until the teams I mentioned toughened up.

Old
06-14-2011, 08:51 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I think I will go downtown to watch the game tomorrow night. Midaswell right?
You can probably get some looting done regardless of the outcome. It's win win...

Old
06-14-2011, 08:55 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
We just need to send Harry to Vancouver. He'll take care of both teams
KCN

or HCN

Either or.

Old
06-14-2011, 08:57 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
I was talking Flyers of the 70's bullied their way to 2 Cups in a row,until the teams I mentioned toughened up.
I thought you were saying we need to get tougher to compete with the Bruins. Sorry if I read it wrong.

I'd like all of our players to be stronger too but the two toughest series the Bruins have had this post season were against two similar teams, Montreal and Tampa.

Anyway, a tough guy in the lineup doesn't stop cheap shots, there's a reason they're called cheap shots. Lucic will continue to punch guys in the head when he's the toughest guy on the ice, not when there's a fighter out there and he's going to find himself on the ice with the skilled guys more often than not.

Old
06-14-2011, 09:01 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
I thought you were saying we need to get tougher to compete with the Bruins. Sorry if I read it wrong.

I'd like all of our players to be stronger too but the two toughest series the Bruins have had this post season were against two similar teams, Montreal and Tampa.

Anyway, a tough guy in the lineup doesn't stop cheap shots, there's a reason they're called cheap shots. Lucic will continue to punch guys in the head when he's the toughest guy on the ice, not when there's a fighter out there and he's going to find himself on the ice with the skilled guys more often than not.
Well,we do have to get tougher not to just beat the B's,but to advance with a healthy roster.Is there any doubt that PK has a bullseye on vs. the B's,and if not surrounded by a couple of tough player will be on the IR list next year,probably at the hands of the B's or Flyers.

Old
06-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Bill McNeal

If you want to toughen up your roster to survive the playoffs, it'd be wiser to invest in cheap shot artists rather than fighters.

Old
06-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Krnage

i tought the way the bruins won their game are injured players during the game

Old
06-14-2011, 09:08 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
If you want to toughen up your roster to survive the playoffs, it'd be wiser to invest in cheap shot artists rather than fighters.
Like Chara (Norris finalist which btw Markov never been)
Lucic 30 goals
Horton 25 goals,2 game 7 gwg
Marchand 21 goals as a rookie.
I'll take any of them

Old
06-14-2011, 09:11 PM
SB164

JohnLuTSNMtl John Lu

Hearing the severity of Raymond's injury, I'm once again disgusted by Bruins fans booing an injured opponent. Total lack of class.

Old
06-14-2011, 09:12 PM
Bob Cole

Watching grandpa Thomas play at this level at this time of year, you have got to give some credit to Julien. He handled him perfectly all year long.

Compare that to Martin who i think overplayed Price. Price is a work horse but he would be dead tired if we were still in it. Hell of a coaching job by Julien this year.

Old
06-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
JohnLuTSNMtl John Lu

Hearing the severity of Raymond's injury, I'm once again disgusted by Bruins fans booing an injured opponent. Total lack of class.
Here's where I disagree. Boston fans didn't know the extent of the injury to Raymond at the time of the incident. They saw a man go down on a rather harmless play at first glance, and he didn't get back up. He then was helped off the ice, while still being able to skate on his own two feet. Add to the mix that the Canucks have been flopping all playoffs long, it's not hard to see they assumed he was faking it like the bunch.

Don't get me wrong. Whether someone is hurt or not, I don't like it when the fans boo the player that is down. However, to say "after learning the extent", it's kind of taking the whole scenario out of context.

I'm sure if Thomas grabbed a microphone and quickly said; "Guys, he's really hurt. His back is broken.", the fans would not be booing.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
06-14-2011, 09:21 PM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I think I will go downtown to watch the game tomorrow night. Midaswell right?
I may do so as well. I want to be a spectator to the ensuing riots .

Old
06-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Like Chara (Norris finalist which btw Markov never been)
Lucic 30 goals
Horton 25 goals,2 game 7 gwg
Marchand 21 goals as a rookie.
I'll take any of them
Not sure what your point is. That's just a list of talented players with differing attributes. My point still stands that "tough" players won't protect their teammates from getting injured so you may as well get guys who will take out as many from the opposition as they're gonna take from you if you want to play that game. Now, if one of these "tough" guys actually brings talent to the table, like the above-mentioned do, then by all means bring them in. But do it to make a more talented team, not to satisfy the machismo of the fan base.

I'd like to point something out about Marchand though. If he were on the Habs you'd consider him small and a wimp and then make some comment about how Gauthier is an idiot for keeping him around. He's a talented **** disturber who plays on the edge, so ya, I'd take him on my team any day. But he in no way, shape or form fits your toughness bill. He got beat up by Andrew Cogliano, for God's sake.

And if you want to talk about guys who are going to need somebody protecting them next year... But I'm sure the Bruins will insulate him well, given the bang up job they've done protecting the heads of their other star forwards.

Old
06-14-2011, 09:27 PM
NHLcrazy

Boston +130

Bet 100$ on the Bruins and if they win you cash 130$. If they lose happiness has no price.

Win - Win situation

Old
06-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Bob Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Here's where I disagree. Boston fans didn't know the extent of the injury to Raymond at the time of the incident. They saw a man go down on a rather harmless play at first glance, and he didn't get back up. He then was helped off the ice, while still being able to skate on his own two feet. Add to the mix that the Canucks have been flopping all playoffs long, it's not hard to see they assumed he was faking it like the bunch.

Don't get me wrong. Whether someone is hurt or not, I don't like it when the fans boo the player that is down. However, to say "after learning the extent", it's kind of taking the whole scenario out of context.

I'm sure if Thomas grabbed a microphone and quickly said; "Guys, he's really hurt. His back is broken.", the fans would not be booing.
How can you honestly defend something like that....nothing more than disgusting behavior. They didn't even clap or cheer when he got up. Par for the course for Boston. Not like the refs called a penalty too on the play.

When someone is laying down like that on the ice, he deserves the benefit of the doubt...no matter what team he plays on. You dont see other arenas booing injured players (maybe philly) even if they dont know the extent of the injury...******** excuse.

Old
06-14-2011, 09:39 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post
How can you honestly defend something like that....nothing more than disgusting behavior. They didn't even clap or cheer when he got up. Par for the course for Boston. Not like the refs called a penalty too on the play.

When someone is laying down like that on the ice, he deserves the benefit of the doubt...no matter what team he plays on. You dont see other arenas booing injured players (maybe philly) even if they dont know the extent of the injury...******** excuse.
excellent post

Old
06-14-2011, 09:43 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:

I don't think anything warrants behavior like that. They looked like real idiots already with booing eller and claiming he was faking. You'd think that a fanbase would learn from something like that. But alas, we all can't have opposable thumbs.

Old
06-14-2011, 09:44 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post

I understand your point and agree with you. Like I said, I don't like it that they booed him. I hate it. But I don't think it's fair to say, "Well I hated that they booed him but now I am even more disgusted given the extent of Raymond's injuries". The extent doesn't change anything really. They didn't know the extent, they booed a man that went down and thought he was faking.

It's like seeing someone walking into a glass window. Yeah, I'll laugh my ass off at the guy. But when he turned to me, nose broken and blood dripping onto his shirt, of course I'll feel bad and realize I was wrong.

Old
06-14-2011, 09:55 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
I understand your point and agree with you. Like I said, I don't like it that they booed him. I hate it. But I don't think it's fair to say, "Well I hated that they booed him but now I am even more disgusted given the extent of Raymond's injuries". The extent doesn't change anything really. They didn't know the extent, they booed a man that went down and thought he was faking.

It's like seeing someone walking into a glass window. Yeah, I'll laugh my ass off at the guy. But when he turned to me, nose broken and blood dripping onto his shirt, of course I'll feel bad and realize I was wrong.
Analogy fail

Old
06-14-2011, 09:56 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:

Sorry CS but I really don't agree with this at all. They've been booing injured players since the start of the playoffs so the diving excuse doesn't work. What they did was just downright disgusting.

06-14-2011, 10:04 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:

Only problem I have with Bruins fans is that when they do something it's alright but when it's another team they are the most disrespectfull team in the world. They dive just as much, they cry they complain on plays and even Chara faked against Montreal and dove on a cross check call. Boston needs to wake up but I understand as most those fans haven't watched the bruins or hockey in over 10 years, now all of a sudden they are sold out but yet they made fun of Tampa fans and all

Closed Thread