HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stanley Cup Finals Game 6

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2011, 09:48 PM
Doppler Drift

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone View Post
Thanks for the photo. I am curious where you got it. Did you photoshop on the tinfoil hat.

FYI, it is of a cancer victim, whom was also in need of a liver transplant. He died shortly after it was taken. You sense of humor is rather twisted.
Probably the same way I just did by searching google images using conspiracy as the search term. It comes up on the second row of images for me with no explanation of who it is. I have seen it used various times for the same purpose (denoting conspiracy theories). I am sure the OP was unaware that this poor fellow passed away from cancer, I certainly was.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=conspiracy&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&prmd=ivnsu&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=pxz 4TYrqKpLKiAK-pK39DA&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CBgQ_AU oAQ&biw=1366&bih=642

Old
06-14-2011, 10:06 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgilber View Post
Probably the same way I just did by searching google images using conspiracy as the search term. It comes up on the second row of images for me with no explanation of who it is. I have seen it used various times for the same purpose (denoting conspiracy theories). I am sure the OP was unaware that this poor fellow passed away from cancer, I certainly was.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=conspiracy&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&prmd=ivnsu&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=pxz 4TYrqKpLKiAK-pK39DA&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CBgQ_AU oAQ&biw=1366&bih=642
Weird. Sorry to call you out on that, I'm sure it wasn't intentional. I just followed the story .... so knew the photo.

Old
06-15-2011, 12:24 AM
Metzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone View Post
Weird. Sorry to call you out on that, I'm sure it wasn't intentional. I just followed the story .... so knew the photo.
You've been on the internet since 2005 and have never seen that photo? That's more weird IMHO. Do you have a link to his story? I'm curious about him now...

Old
06-15-2011, 12:45 AM
Pennertration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
This has probably been the worst and most strictly officiated playoffs I've ever seen. Obviously you must have been in your element when Vancouver was getting handed 14 PP's per game against San Jose. Usually the refs will back off a little come playoff time and let the players decided the games, but for the most part, they've maintained their attrocious level of regular season officiating (double digit numer of PPs, multiple 5-on-3's in many games).

But what about when the officials let them play against Chicago in Game 7? You know, when the Canucks were pretty much tackling Blackhawks whenever they got within 20 feet of the net? Kane getting faceplanted into the boards with no call? No, I suspect the leniency was alright with you in that instance.

The crying coming out of Vancouver is, as always, predictable. It was realized long ago by the astute fan that without ample PP opportunity, the Sedins are ineffective. Even the most crazed of the Canuck fans are realizing this now. Five on five play + even moderately physical team = zilch for the Sedins. These guys dominate on the PP, when there is no chance they will have to get hit to make a play. In most other situations, they're unwilling to pay the price. It's been this way for years.

The total non-response to Marchand bullying Sedin at the end of the game typicfies the Canucks. The linsemen were busy pulling big, tough Kevin Bieksa and another off of the notorious brawler Tyler Seguin. And Shawn Thornton hadn't been kicked out of the game. Therefore, no Canuck would even contemplate stepping in for his star teammate.

If you looked up "fake tough" in the dictionary, you'd find a picture of the Canucks. Remember Bieksa and Torres pummelling away on the likes of Viktor Stalberg after John Scott got kicked out of games in the Hawks series? Nothing but girly men on that Canuck bench. Not one brave enough to confront the hulking 5'9 Brad Marchand. Not one brave enough to confront ANYBODY one on one without a ref in the way as long as Thornton, Lucic, or McQuaid are still in the game.

I can guarantee you Brad Marchand would be more than willing to dance with any one of the gutless punks on the Canuck roster, but they wouldn't accept the invitation. I don't think there's a guy on the Canucks brave enough to snatch an old woman's purse without seven teammates hiding in the bushes to back him up.
This should be required reading for all Canuck fans ... I'm doing a slow clap for you right now in my living room.

Closed Thread