HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Boston Bruins @ Vancouver Canucks game 7 winner takes all

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2011, 05:18 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Wanna know what would be funny.

Sedins get in a fight, they win them.

Sedins each get 3 points.

Luongo gets a shut out.

Burrows gets the GWG

What would HFBoards do?
and for karma sake lets say..

Triple OT Burrows Takes A Shot Bounces Of Ference Middle Finger then charas face and in the net to win!!!! KARMA BABY!

Old
06-15-2011, 05:19 AM
Double XX L

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zumajoe View Post
Classy post, for sure.
What is it with these Bruins fans and the word 'Class'

Read the boards you're on... It's not Boston ... go home.

Old
06-15-2011, 05:21 AM
Double XX L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Damn you guys were like 95% for vancouver, and now I see some people changed alliances to boston.

I thought u guys loved us
Go NUCKS Go!!!

I want Burrow's shooting 3 arrows to Luc tonight

Old
06-15-2011, 06:00 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Taking a look back to the responses I got, yowzers. Didn't really expect anyone to side with me, as my point of view isn't exactly favourable. However, I just wanted to make myself clear. I hate the fact that the fans booed an injury. I do. But to say that you hate them even more now, because of the extent of the injury, is a stretch. Whether he is injured or in a hypothetical situation, he popped up and played next shift, it's still not right to boo a man when he's down.

Extent of the injury shouldn't play into the moment, due to the fact that it's not even known yet, not even to the medical staff. Just don't boo the person that went down, that's all.

Old
06-15-2011, 06:24 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Taking a look back to the responses I got, yowzers. Didn't really expect anyone to side with me, as my point of view isn't exactly favourable. However, I just wanted to make myself clear. I hate the fact that the fans booed an injury. I do. But to say that you hate them even more now, because of the extent of the injury, is a stretch. Whether he is injured or in a hypothetical situation, he popped up and played next shift, it's still not right to boo a man when he's down.

Extent of the injury shouldn't play into the moment, due to the fact that it's not even known yet, not even to the medical staff. Just don't boo the person that went down, that's all.
Agree with you entirely. They have to stop booing the injured players always thinking the fake or dive.....but that won't stop. They have that immunity 'cause it's Boston. Just like Philly, THAT'S WHAT THEY DO. But if Montreal would do it, we'd be the worst human beings on the planet.

But the extend of the injury has nothing to do with that. It was incredibly tough to think that it was that serious, it's not like it would have been an open ice or a hit la Horton when you saw the guy unconscious and they would have booed it.....But I just wish they should stop booing....We never know, maybe them winning the Cup would make them move on from the frustrated side, to the Champion side which has to come with more respect and more dignity. We'll see.

Old
06-15-2011, 06:26 AM
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Going to a tough one to watch
Boston is winning tonight....... ugh

Old
06-15-2011, 06:28 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I find it's a joke that one hand Rome gets 4 games for a late hit on Horton, then on the other side the hit on Raymond is not even reviewd after he ends up with a broken back and he wasn't anywhere near the puck. If that doesn't show a pretty blatant double standard I don;t know what does. If you listen to the NHL's justification for suspending Rome they use the injury to justify it, yet for the Raymond hit, the injury is much worse but that's not even enough for a F$%^ing review??

If I was Gillis I'd be going *******, I wouldn't care if they fined me, I'd send a pretty clear message to the NHL and would have taken the media attention from my team and my goalie.

Old
06-15-2011, 06:33 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I find it's a joke that one hand Rome gets 4 games for a late hit on Horton, then on the other side the hit on Raymond is not even reviewd after he ends up with a broken back and he wasn't anywhere near the puck. If that doesn't show a pretty blatant double standard I don;t know what does. If you listen to the NHL's justification for suspending Rome they use the injury to justify it, yet for the Raymond hit, the injury is much worse but that's not even enough for a F$%^ing review??

If I was Gillis I'd be going *******, I wouldn't care if they fined me, I'd send a pretty clear message to the NHL and would have taken the media attention from my team and my goalie.
You know how it works, Bruins or not. If it's spectacular, it deserves more. The hit on Raymond was a push that if Raymond is not in that freakin position, doesn't even game him a bruise.

You didn't believe what the league said do you? They punished Rome, ,cause it was Rome. They wouldn't have punished Bieksa the same way. Just like they are not punishing Boychuk. And in all honesty, when we all saw the "hit", did we all think that it deserved a suspension? A 2-minutes for obstruction at the very best.

I said it before.....the stars are aligned this year. Everything they do is fine, everything against them are called....on top of everything else, it plays a role in winning a certain trophy.

Old
06-15-2011, 06:34 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
and for karma sake lets say..

Triple OT Burrows Takes A Shot Bounces Of Ference Middle Finger then charas face and in the net to win!!!! KARMA BABY!
Burrows with the shot, Lappierre with the tip, bounces off Charas teeth, over to Ferences finger, off Marchands nose and in off Bergerons finger.

Old
06-15-2011, 06:35 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Vancouver will win.

Old
06-15-2011, 07:19 AM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

Since I'm gonna watch the game, I had to make up my mind.
1. As one poster pointed out, I simply CANNOT cheer for the Bruins (it's physical).
2. I want to hear the crowd.

So I guess I'll go with the home team... Sigh...

Old
06-15-2011, 07:21 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Which jersey did you buy anyway? Considering Vancouver has had about a billion.
It wasa tough choice between these two, and I ended up going with the second one:

Considering the fact that my other two SC winner jerseys are home first ones as well (PIT, CHI).

Old
06-15-2011, 07:33 AM
Protest the Hero

Thank God I'll never have to watch a Stanley Cup final against the Leafs and Bruins. I'd probably rather just shoot myself.

Please Luongo, play like a Vezina nominee.

Old
06-15-2011, 07:37 AM
habsrule22

Their saying it on TSN radio that Horton will attempt to play tonight. Its like WOW.

Old
06-15-2011, 08:51 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
Their saying it on TSN radio that Horton will attempt to play tonight. Its like WOW.
That would be foolish. The Canucks want to win and they wouldn't spare him. Does he want to end uo like Savard?

Old
06-15-2011, 08:54 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Pretty impressive if he actually does. However, I question the credibility behind reports of Horton having a serious concussion now. If he actually does have one, no way is he even close to coming back tonight. I won't bash Horton himself though. If he has the chance to come back and play game 7, do it. Just hope he plays with the green light given to him.

Old
06-15-2011, 08:57 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

The problem isn't Luongo, since he plays amazing at home. The problem is the Sedin twins. I think they're the two biggest ******* in the league. Everytime someone pushes or punches them (Marchand, Chara) they simply take it. I maybe understand with Chara, but letting yourself get punch in the face by Marchand and not do anything? Come the **** on. These guys have no guts and are willing to do the dirty job. I absolutely want the nucks to win, but it's more because I don't want the Bruins win as they are so overrated. But man, I don't a lot of confidence in this nucks team..

Old
06-15-2011, 09:01 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Looks like Nathan Horton might play tomorrow if doctors give him the green light. If he does, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the GWG.
Called this.

Old
06-15-2011, 09:01 AM
Bob Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
The problem isn't Luongo, since he plays amazing at home. The problem is the Sedin twins. I think they're the two biggest ******* in the league. Everytime someone pushes or punches them (Marchand, Chara) they simply take it. I maybe understand with Chara, but letting yourself get punch in the face by Marchand and not do anything? Come the **** on. These guys have no guts and are willing to do the dirty job. I absolutely want the nucks to win, but it's more because I don't want the Bruins win as they are so overrated. But man, I don't a lot of confidence in this nucks team..
yup lack of leadership in that dressing room

I dont mind euro captains if there heart and soul guys like Saku was....but Henrik and Daniel are gutless.

Old
06-15-2011, 09:04 AM
juve

Unfortunately, I see the Burins winning tonight.

Old
06-15-2011, 09:09 AM
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
DarrenDreger Darren Dreger
Let's be clear, the Bruins say there is absolutely no chance Nathan Horton plays in game 7 tonight.
45 minutes ago

Old
06-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You know how it works, Bruins or not. If it's spectacular, it deserves more. The hit on Raymond was a push that if Raymond is not in that freakin position, doesn't even game him a bruise.
It's the can opener move by Boychuck that makes him responsible for Raymond being in that position. It's already a penalty before he finishes him into the boards. The serious injury that results making the player suspendable by the NHL's self-described standards. But apparently there's a special exemption if the Bruins break the guy's neck or spine. What really disgusts me is the media's refusal to simply describe these things honestly. Basically none of the coverage mentions the can opener, but almost all mention the "he lost an edge" bs Boston put out. Dreger says things like "Gillis is fuming, but Ciarelli's probably furious with the reffing too." You known what, Darren, I don't really think he is.

Same as with the Pax hit, it doesn't matter what actually happens on the ice or how ridiculous the NHL's actions are, the hockey media will pretend it's all business as normal. They're basically paid shills for the industry, not actual reporters. The hockey coverage in most papers is more like the automotive section than the news. Doesn't matter how much the car/on-ice product sucks, they'll say it's a great buy every time.

Old
06-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Bill McNeal

Well, one way or another, tonight's the end of a long season.

Hoping for a Vancouver win, but if Boston pulls it off it's hard to say they haven't earned it. You can look at all the things that have seemingly gone their way this season, but it's not like they haven't had their own adversity just like every other team in the league. To win the Cup you need talent, perseverance and luck. Hopefully Vancouver excels in all 3 of those areas tonight.

On another note, people complain about the Cup being presented in mid-June, but I think it's fantastic that we're just over a week from the draft and then another from free agency. It's gonna be a pretty short off-season.

Old
06-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumajoe View Post
Classy post, for sure.
I'm taking exemple on your board that's my inspiration.

If Luongo chokes tonight i think he can be sured to be labelled choker for the rest of his overated carreer.

If price was the goalie of the canucks they would have won at least one game in Boston all 3 goals he took were more than possible to stop he looked like a ****** bag out there in the net.

If i'm a vancouver fan and the Bruins win because of Luongo, i'm serious i want him out next year. That guy is the Joe thornton of the goalies always choking when it's counts.

3 times vs the Blackhawks (he was lucky to win this year he sucked like hell in this series) and against the Bruins this year.

he could have given a chance to win for the canucks but couldn't stop an pink elephant.

So you have one chance tonight don't blow it.

Oh and by the way wake up you ****ing viking twins you promise victory when no one of you can be seen in the series. I think your parents are still looking for you.

Kesler is hurt so if the Twins don't play a good game tonight it's over for the canucks.

I'm really switching my tv off and fleeing the main board for about 10 months.

Old
06-15-2011, 10:45 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Pretty impressive if he actually does. However, I question the credibility behind reports of Horton having a serious concussion now. If he actually does have one, no way is he even close to coming back tonight. I won't bash Horton himself though. If he has the chance to come back and play game 7, do it. Just hope he plays with the green light given to him.
I started questioning those reports when they presented Horton at the TD Center shaking a towel with the building screaming as loud as possible.
How can a severely concussed man endure such noise?
A severely concussed man was Partrice Bergeron after he got destroyed. You could see the pain in his face. Horton looked like a happy bearded camper.

The fact Rome got 4 games for an actual clean hit is already ridiculous. Perhaps it was late, but it was nothing more than an interference. It wasn't directed to the head, it's not even clear that he even left his feet, so to go ahead and give him the biggest suspension ever in the Finals is utterly ridiculous.
Murphy is also following the finals, he knew they lost Hamhuis (their best Dman imo) already. That made Vancouver play without 2 regular Dmen. Similar to us playing without Markov/Gorges.

I don't think I've ever seen a team surrounded by so much controversy this year. The stuff Boston gets away with as opposed to their opponents, you really have no choice but to wonder if the NHL really isn't favoring them. Especially since those leaked emails made news and Bettman, instead of separating himself from very clear lack of professionalism of a highly placed employee, supported Campbell like an idiot.
To me, it just showed corruption all over.

If the Bruins are smart, they make sure their Doctors don't give Horton the green light.

Closed Thread