HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official UFA/RFA and Trade Thread - Pre-Free Agency Frenzy

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBester View Post
Was creeping on the Av's board. Some guy had his future fantasy lineup, and one of the guy's in the line up was a 3rd overall pick (Tor 12 1st) which he traded Liles for. Anyone interested?
Liles is a FA next year. And I would give a 2nd at most

Old
06-15-2011, 04:01 PM
TeamBester
Debunked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Liles is a FA next year. And I would give a 2nd at most
I'm still laughing at the thought of Liles for the Leafs 1st. Were one more bad goalie performance away from a great pick. I think Burke knows this and will only trade it for a Kessel type player (young proven 1st line talent)

Old
06-15-2011, 04:08 PM
TeamBester
Debunked

So Burke is talking to teams with the 7,8,9, and 10th pick. What does it take to get there?

Boston 1st
Philly 1st
Frattin
goalie prospect???

Old
06-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
So Burke is talking to teams with the 7,8,9, and 10th pick. What does it take to get there?

Boston 1st
Philly 1st
Frattin
goalie prospect???
I'd rather have Frattin than the 10th overall. But that is just me, I'm very high on him

Old
06-15-2011, 04:15 PM
TeamBester
Debunked

Quote:
I'd rather have Frattin than the 10th overall. But that is just me, I'm very high on him
Maybe Mac's rights instead? Looks like it would be the 9th pick

Old
06-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Maybe Mac's rights instead? Looks like it would be the 9th pick
Ahaha most likely, but a couple posts back I posted a scenario (very unrealistic though, in terms of many trades) but we could get the 6th overall and a young promising RW in Boedker.

Old
06-15-2011, 04:19 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
and Burkie seems to be quite high on him as well.

Old
06-15-2011, 04:32 PM
TeamBester
Debunked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
and Burkie seems to be quite high on him as well.
He might value a player like Strome or McNeil more. Pretty sure he would give up Frattin for a bluechipper.

Old
06-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Quote:

Boston 1st
Philly 1st
Frattin
goalie prospect???
Maybe

Bos 1st
Tor 2nd
MacA rights
Gustavsson

Old
06-15-2011, 04:47 PM
TeamBester
Debunked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
Maybe

Bos 1st
Tor 2nd
MacA rights
Gustavsson
It would be too funny if Mac was traded to the Jets

Old
06-15-2011, 05:21 PM
calcal798

Quote:
He might value a player like Strome or McNeil more. Pretty sure he would give up Frattin for a bluechipper.
Same, you can never have to many of those. I'm feeling there might be a player that falls back that far that would never have been expected.

Old
06-15-2011, 05:59 PM
Leafssss

Did someone just say they'd rather have Frattin then the 10th overall?

Old
06-15-2011, 06:16 PM
ChuckWoods

Hey guys,

I havent posted and rumors or rumblings in quite some time due to a lot of my connections/buddies are home for the summer and have withdrawn from hockey talk, but for those of you that like to hear this kind of stuff or any insight that I have; I heard a rumor where Brad Richards has stated now that he knows he's going to be a UFA that he'll be taking a "good look" at what Toronto has to offer.

I know its probably common knowledge by now that Richards is going to be a Toronto target, but that quote seems to be that Richards is indeed interested in coming here.

Lets hope we dont get in a bidding war with New York tho, considering the buyout of Drury is looming.

Old
06-15-2011, 06:35 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafssss View Post
Did someone just say they'd rather have Frattin then the 10th overall?
Yes I did. I've watched Frattin since he started playing on Sioux. He reminds me a lot of Oshie and Bobby Ryan. Not to mention he put up an incredible amount of goals this year. Why trade a prospect who is panning out to becoming a good pwf? I sure know Burke wouldn't. He's a late bloomer, but if he hits his potential he would be another Kulemin clone. And I wouldn't even trade Kulemin for the 1st overall pick.

Old
06-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
Hey guys,

I havent posted and rumors or rumblings in quite some time due to a lot of my connections/buddies are home for the summer and have withdrawn from hockey talk, but for those of you that like to hear this kind of stuff or any insight that I have; I heard a rumor where Brad Richards has stated now that he knows he's going to be a UFA that he'll be taking a "good look" at what Toronto has to offer.

I know its probably common knowledge by now that Richards is going to be a Toronto target, but that quote seems to be that Richards is indeed interested in coming here.

Lets hope we dont get in a bidding war with New York tho, considering the buyout of Drury is looming.
Good to hear, thanks Chuck

Old
06-15-2011, 06:50 PM
Leafssss

Quote:
Yes I did. I've watched Frattin since he started playing on Sioux. He reminds me a lot of Oshie and Bobby Ryan. Not to mention he put up an incredible amount of goals this year. Why trade a prospect who is panning out to becoming a good pwf? I sure know Burke wouldn't. He's a late bloomer, but if he hits his potential he would be another Kulemin clone. And I wouldn't even trade Kulemin for the 1st overall pick.
He was a 23 year old playing college hockey.

Sure he played great, but this can be compared to Ryan Ellis putting up massive numbers in the OHL.

I like Frattin as much as a lot of Leaf fans do, but to not trade him for the tenth overall, a player like Zibanejad, Armia or Beaulieu who have 1st line and pairing potential is absurd.

Frattin's going to be a good player, at this stage he's boom/bust. I see his upside as a "current" Scott Hartnell guy, 20-25 with a great shot and physicality.

Old
06-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
He was a 23 year old playing college hockey.

Sure he played great, but this can be compared to Ryan Ellis putting up massive numbers in the OHL.

I like Frattin as much as a lot of Leaf fans do, but to not trade him for the tenth overall, a player like Zibanejad, Armia or Beaulieu who have 1st line and pairing potential is absurd.

Frattin's going to be a good player, at this stage he's boom/bust. I see his upside as a "current" Scott Hartnell guy, 20-25 with a great shot and physicality.
I don't think age is a factor IMO. He got kicked off his team for DUI which set him back a lot. He came back and dominated the league. So what if he's a couple years older, he has a great shot, good hockey sense, he's physical, etc. It doesn't matter who he plays against those qualities will still remain. Sure he won't put up 50 goals but I can see him netting 25-30 if given a top 6 role. I do not think he's boom/bust he can come into our roster right now and play a good 3rd line game, he may be boom/bust in the sense of playing in the top 6. But at worst I think we are guaranteed a very good 3rd liner

Old
06-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Leafssss

Quote:
I don't think age is a factor IMO. He got kicked off his team for DUI which set him back a lot. He came back and dominated the league. So what if he's a couple years older, he has a great shot, good hockey sense, he's physical, etc. It doesn't matter who he plays against those qualities will still remain. Sure he won't put up 50 goals but I can see him netting 25-30 if given a top 6 role. I do not think he's boom/bust he can come into our roster right now and play a good 3rd line game, he may be boom/bust in the sense of playing in the top 6. But at worst I think we are guaranteed a very good 3rd liner
Imagine if you were 23, playing against mostly 18 and 19 year olds. Your more developed (Frattin is 6'0, 200lbs) against people with less development and physical stature.

25-30 is a possibility, but I see that as his ABSOLUTE peak.

And ANY player, no matter coming from where (Brunnstrom from SEL, Daigle from the QJMHL, others as well) each player has the potential to bust. Therefore, I see Frattin as boom/bust. Boom for me in Frattin's case would be a solid 20-25 third line guy that is great defensively and can be on the PK.

Old
06-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Imagine if you were 23, playing against mostly 18 and 19 year olds. Your more developed (Frattin is 6'0, 200lbs) against people with less development and physical stature.

And ANY player, no matter coming from where (Brunnstrom from SEL, Daigle from the QJMHL, others as well) each player has the potential to bust. Therefore, I see Frattin as boom/bust. Boom for me in Frattin's case would be a solid 20-25 third line guy that is great defensively and can be on the PK.
I agree, but all of his qualities (which I stated before) will help him translate his game into the NHL. Those qualities don't just disappear, he has an absolute rocket of a shot which is stamkos-like (one timer). We just have different opinions on him, which is fine.

Old
06-15-2011, 07:26 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:

NCAA isn't mostly 18 and 19 year olds, since they've all graduated high school.

And rookies usually don't get the majority of ice time.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
06-15-2011, 08:14 PM
nuck
Axis of Evil

Quote:
I think he liked Stalberg too. We have to keep in mind this guy never stops playing the game. He is always talking up his assets, and will keep stroking his players til they are out the door. I am sure he would value a Strome or McNeill more and that he would move pretty much any player if he was sure it was an upgrade to what he had. I like Frattin's tools but the odds are vastly in favor of a top 15 pick being an impact player in the NHL. Tough to make another club give something up without giving up some value. And this may be the most value Frattin ever has.

Old
06-16-2011, 01:11 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
This is my first time posting a trade so don't flame too bad but what about:

Komisarek (cap)
Kadri
2011 1st (PHI)
2011 1st (BOS)
2011 2nd (TOR)

for

Stastny
Liles

Old
06-16-2011, 01:26 AM
TruthDeliveryVehicle*

Quote:

College isn't mostly 18 and 19 year olds. Only the best players jump straight from high school to college hockey. A lot of guys play a couple of years of Junior A before they get a scholarship. By the time they are getting to play regularly, they are in their early twenties.

Most of the guys who play college hockey are not NHL prospects and the average age is probably 22-23 with most players on a team being 20-24 years old.

Old
06-16-2011, 02:33 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
This is my first time posting a trade so don't flame too bad but what about:

Komisarek (cap)
Kadri
2011 1st (PHI)
2011 1st (BOS)
2011 2nd (TOR)

for

Stastny
Liles
Sorry but not a chance. Komisarek has negative value, Kadri has potential but hasn't proven anything, and 2 late 1st rounders + 2nd rounder don't do the trick. As its been said numerous times, if you want Stastny think Schenn plus.

Closed Thread