Notices

Execute the Game Plan and B's will hoist the Cup

Old
06-15-2011, 09:09 AM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Execute the Game Plan and B's will hoist the Cup

Kerry Fraser was on an hour or so ago with Dennis and Callahan and it was outstanding. Must listening on many, many topics, however, he believes the stuff that went on the first 6 games should be rear view mirror stuff and the players will want to just play.

http://audio.weei.com/a/40968083/for...cup-finals.htm

If so it is unlikely you will see Roller Ball or Gladiator type hockey we have seen in the two most recent games in both Vancouver and Boston where the home teams each both man upped and played a 'seek and destroy' type of game. If should be physical but more take the man out of the play as opposed to take the man out of the series.

Boston has themselves to bond together while good or bad (and it may be good) the Canucks will feel as if the entire Province of British Columbia is shoehorned into the Rogers Center. Not sure if any added pressure or additional energy is warranted but history shows its better to have game 7 at home than not and the Canucks have that.

Tonight's Game Plan for Boston is so simple first year fans could ace this if asked.

Take away time and space on the forecheck; create heavy traffic in front, shoot top half to top third of net, and pray to God that Tim Thomas has one more Tim Thomas game in him.

I would hope Boston is more concerned with putting pressure on the Canucks defense than putting welts on them at this point; and that logic says Tim Thomas can outplay Roberto Luongo (however, being sports in all, the unexpected happens and the Luongo's turn in the gems- this guy is fantastic at home)

Mark Recchi's last game I am going with him to have the Fountain of Youth for one night and come up big; and Tim Thomas, who we all know his story can do what was once thought as unimaginable.

Tough to bet against these Bruins even with home ice history and Luongo's success in Vancouver and ability to bounce back and play great once back on home ice.

Last edited by DKH: 06-15-2011 at 09:15 AM.
DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 09:15 AM
HooperDrivesTheBoat
2010-2011 CHAMPS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Kerry Fraser was on an hour or so ago with Dennis and Callahan and it was outstanding. Must listening on many, many topics, however, he believes the stuff that went on the first 6 games should be rear view mirror stuff and the players will want to just play.

If so it is unlikely you will see Roller Ball or Gladiator type hockey we have seen in the two most recent games in both Vancouver and Boston where the home teams each both man upped and played a 'seek and destroy' type of game. If should be physical but more take the man out of the play as opposed to take the man out of the series.

Boston has themselves to bond together while good or bad (and it may be good) the Canucks will feel as if the entire Province of British Columbia is shoehorned into the Rogers Center. Not sure if any added pressure or additional energy is warranted but history shows its better to have game 7 at home than not and the Canucks have that.

Tonight's Game Plan for Boston is so simple first year fans could ace this if asked.

Take away time and space on the forecheck; create heavy traffic in front, shoot top half to top third of net, and pray to God that Tim Thomas has one more Tim Thomas game in him.

I would hope Boston is more concerned with putting pressure on the Canucks defense than putting welts on them at this point; and that logic says the Tim Thomas can outplay Roberto Luongo (however, being sports in all, the unexpected happens and the Luongo's turn in the gems- this guy is fantastic at home)

Mark Recchi's last game I am going with him to have the Fountain of Youth for one night and come up big; and Tim Thomas, who we all know his story can do what was once thought as unimaginable.

Tough to bet against these Bruins even with home ice history and Luongo's success in Vancouver and ability to bounce back and play great once back on home ice.
Great post, Dan

It's amazing that we're even in this position given the injuries and lack of top end talent on offense. The term "team concept" is not lost on these guys. Hopefully we'll see another David vs. Goliath moment this week in pro sports.

I want to see another game like game 7 against the Lightning...the refs, for the most part, let both teams play and it was awesome to watch.

HooperDrivesTheBoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 09:20 AM
Turk 16

Excellent analysis. Makes perfect sense to me. Think the Bruins will play a bit looser tonight, they have nothing to prove and there's no tomorrow. The Nucks and the crowd will be tight. Afternoon skate after getting off the plane yesterday was a good idea. If we get the first goal it will be huge, but if we don't that's okay, we came back from down 1-0 to go up 2-1 in Game 2, we can do it again.

GO BRUINS!!!

Turk 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Jules5187

IF THE BRUINS PLAY THEIR GAME THEY WILL BE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!

I BELIEVE IN THE BRUINS!!!!

LET'S GO BRUINS!!!!

Jules5187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 09:25 AM
beaverjc

Is it normal that I have to get up from my desk every 5 minutes and pace around my office?

Play clean, play hard, traffic, shots on net = Bruins win

The bottom line is I honestly feel the Bruins deserve to win the Cup. They are a TEAM.

beaverjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 09:26 AM
Numbah4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooperDrivesTheBoat View Post
Great post, Dan

It's amazing that we're even in this position given the injuries and lack of top end talent on offense. The term "team concept" is not lost on these guys. Hopefully we'll see another David vs. Goliath moment this week in pro sports.

I want to see another game like game 7 against the Lightning...the refs, for the most part, let both teams play and it was awesome to watch.
Not sure who's David and who is Goliath any more. Vancouver really beat up by injuries. I know we're missing Savvy and Horton. But, you have to admit Savvy hasn't been himself the past 2 years.
Last year because of knee. This year because of post-concussion problems. I think we took the foot of the pedal a little in games 2 and 5. Can't do that tonight. Go get em!!

Numbah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 09:27 AM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

vCash: 50
I have to admit, I haven't gone into any game 7 situations with the feeling I have now : that the Bruins have a better chance of winning than their oppnents. In my mind, the neutral zone is where the game will probably be won or lost, unless one of the goaltenders lets in a softie or two.

Eerily confident.

A true fan who will always be remembered.
doubleminor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 09:29 AM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverjc View Post
Is it normal that I have to get up from my desk every 5 minutes and pace around my office?

The bottom line is I honestly feel the Bruins deserve to win the Cup. They are a TEAM.
I believe it is normal. Someone outside might cube may come and ask if I am practicing lamas.

TP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 09:35 AM
nORRis Trophy

Luongo's head is where the game will be won or lost.If the Bruins get a quick one on him or a softy on him,you can watch the melt down begin.

nORRis Trophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 09:36 AM
Greek_physique
Caron..Jordan Caron!

vCash: 50
I should've taken the day off...im not gonna get anything done at work today!

Nice post.

Bruins play there game...they should win with ease.

06-15-2011, 09:45 AM
rudos1

Great post Dan! Going into the playoffs I thought the only team who could beat us would be Montreal so when we got past them my doubts about this team went away. Tonite the Bz will send the Canucks fans home in tears...

rudos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:17 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverjc View Post

The bottom line is I honestly feel the Bruins deserve to win the Cup. They are a TEAM
ironic coming from the guy who questioned this team's leadership. guess you wuz wrong. but at least you're admitting it. that's the first step, big guy. credit to you on that.

get the first goal and take home the cup.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:29 AM
beaverjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
ironic coming from the guy who questioned this team's leadership. guess you wuz wrong. but at least you're admitting it. that's the first step, big guy. credit to you on that.

Not taking the bait....too great of a moment to mess it up with banter. This collection of players has shown what it takes. Period.

beaverjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:36 AM
bb74

There isn't a single clear weakness on the B's besides their ability to execute their game plan. It's really up to the players and after this run you would have to think they have it in themselves to win this game.

Softy or not, they will need to create some cross crease traffic to force Luongo to move. Once he's moving laterally, he's beatable. Gotta love them cherry picking the high glove side but that alone isn't going to get them the W.

Exciting times ahead and those 2 GM 7's just go to show what hard work and a bit of luck will do in the playoffs. Here's to the B's getting a bounce and working their tails off!!!

bb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:37 AM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post

The coach and the Team President questioned this team's leadership,it was sleepwalking through the first half but a December tongue lashing from Neely precipitated a turnaround.

The Bruins are better than Vancouver,it's that simple,no matter what those 2 losses to Detroit indicated in March.......

BNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 11:11 AM
HooperDrivesTheBoat
2010-2011 CHAMPS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbah4 View Post
Not sure who's David and who is Goliath any more. Vancouver really beat up by injuries. I know we're missing Savvy and Horton. But, you have to admit Savvy hasn't been himself the past 2 years.
Last year because of knee. This year because of post-concussion problems.
I think we took the foot of the pedal a little in games 2 and 5. Can't do that tonight. Go get em!!
I agree that the injuries (to both teams) have evened the playing field. Now it's a matter of this damned home ice issue...

When the series started, the Canucks struck me as a much stronger team overall (on paper)...a good amount of players on the Bruins (Marchand, Peverly, pre-injury Horton) have really surprised me during the playoffs. Similarly, the Canucks I assumed would thrive (The Sedins, white jersey Luongo, Kesler) have underperformed.

Either way, what a series...

HooperDrivesTheBoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 04:37 PM
howaryuh

One thing that comes to my mind is the 1-0 win over the lightning in game 7 was one of the most complete games the B's played. Here's hoping for the same tonight.

howaryuh is offline   Reply With Quote