Bruins Hope to Send Mark Recchi Off in Style With Stanley Cup Win

Old
06-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
Bruins Hope to Send Mark Recchi Off in Style With Stanley Cup Win

NCOUVER -- To a man, every single Boston Bruin hopes he will never have to play another game with Mark Recchi after Wednesday night.

What could the popular veteran have possibly done to cause such a reaction heading into the most important contest of the season? He just let it be known going into the playoffs that he would retire if the Bruins won the Stanley Cup.

And while his teammates will certainly miss having the 22-year NHL vet around, they'd like nothing better than to send him off to a happy retirement with a third championship ring on his fingers.

"We've talked about it," Bruins forward Shawn Thornton said of Wednesday's Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final being possibly his last game playing with Recchi. "I had a glass of wine with him [Tuesday], probably the last glass the night before a game with him ever. Everyone loves Rex and appreciates everything he's done for us here. I'm a big supporter of his, so I'm hoping we can do it for him."

http://www.nesn.com/2011/06/shawn-th...h-cup-win.html

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 03:34 PM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
And to think I doubted "the room" at times during this season. Seems pretty obvious to me lately that this is about as tight-knit a group as you'll find in sports.

chuckdobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 05:14 PM
PietB
Random User

vCash: 500
We all know Recchi's been critizised a lot for his lack of speed and his turnovers, but he's been a beast in this final series. He contributes with his experience and gives his everything - and he gets rewarded. 3-3-6 in 6 games in the final is a tremendous effort. He made a lot of people eat lots of tasty tasty crow.
It's a shame Recchi will retire in case the Bruins win - but there's no better way of retiring than reting as a champion. I would really love seeing him score the Cup winning goal tonight. It would be the final reward for the great carreer he's had.

"There's only one way to give 110%", they say.
I know, Marc Recchi will give 110% tonight, and I know everyone else on the Bruins will do the same. They'll do it for Savvy, they'll do it Nate and they will definately also do it for Rex.
To me, there's only one way to give 110% tonight: Winning.
Go B's!

PietB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 05:16 PM
smithformeragent

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
Does this tie into "Getting rid of the Recchi liability"?

smithformeragent is offline   Reply With Quote