HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers ACQUIRE Bryzgalov's rights from PHX for Clackson, '12 3rd, futures

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2011, 05:01 PM
lancer247

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
What's the reason so many people are saying they will wait until Jul 1st to announce the Bryz signing if it gets done before that? Is it strictly to save themselves the conditional pick if he signs before FA starts?
I suspect they come to a verbal agreement then Homer can move pieces w/o a gun to his head of other GMs knowing how much salary the Flyers need to shed.

Obviously, teams know the Flyers need to lose salary but if Homer can try to give himself a little leverage

Old
06-15-2011, 05:02 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
If that's the case Bob is gone, which is sad.
Not necessarily. You could easily decide to trade Bryz 4-5 years down the road if Bob starts to look like a legit no. 1. That's why Boston has Rask, Vancouver has Schnieder, and Washington has Holtby. And before you go all like "ehhh nobody is gonna want a 35+ year old goalie for that kinda money blah blah blah blah" I guarantee you somebody will.

Old
06-15-2011, 05:05 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Not necessarily. You could easily decide to trade Bryz 4-5 years down the road if Bob starts to look like a legit no. 1. That's why Boston has Rask, Vancouver has Schnieder, and Washington has Holtby. And before you go all like "ehhh nobody is gonna want a 35+ year old goalie for that kinda money blah blah blah blah" I guarantee you somebody will.
I doubt Bob sticks around for 4-5 yrs as a back up. Doesn't he become RFA in 2 seasons?

Old
06-15-2011, 05:15 PM
lancer247

I hope they have things ironed out before he leaves town this weekend so some of the other shoes (versteeg, carle, bob) can start dropping.

Old
06-15-2011, 05:25 PM
JABEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
If the conditional pick (4th or 5th or 6th?) is even based on that, why does it matter?

A) The pick we would lose is pretty much worthless.
B) We would've traded someone for a higher pick anyway if Bryzgalov signs.)
C) Even if you agree to do this with Bryzgalov, there's still a chance someone blows his mind with an offer on July 1st that makes him walk.
D) You don't want other GMs hating you for being a jerk.
Yea, Don't you have to show good faith and not try to take a pick away from someone.

Old
06-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Exactly...

Tell me Holmgren isn't regretting his decision now, though I know he'll never admit it by fixing the mistake by signing Eriksson on July 1st (if Eriksson makes it that far). Even if he leaves Eriksson overseas for this season on loan like he's doing with Hovinen...things would've looked a WHOLE lot better.

This is why you don't give up good prospects for nothing. It ends up biting you in the ass somehow.Good?

Don't you wish we had Maroon as a big, physical possibility in our top 9 this year?Big as in fat

Don't you wish we hadn't alienated Kalinski so he could play center on our 4th line? Betts is better

Don't you wish we hadn't made Lehtivuori hate life in Glens Falls so that we would have two more legit bottom pairing defensemen to plug in (Gustafsson/Lehtivuori)?We? Time will tell

There's four.
This should be a very interesting few weeks coming up eh?

Old
06-15-2011, 05:47 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
This should be a very interesting few weeks coming up eh?
Is a league shutout record not considered good anymore?

Maroon fell so far because he was fat. He became a legitimate prospect when he lost that weight.

Betts is better for how long? As long as his shoulder holds up? Yep...Didn't know Betts could be his own winger at the same time either.

Time will tell why we ruined an entire group of prospects with a coach with a history of alienating players and making them miserable? I'm curious as to when.

Old
06-15-2011, 05:53 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
Very good point.

If we signed Bryzgalov to a seven year deal tomorrow would it count as a 35+ contract? Can someone please clarify?
Not Bryzgalov. He's only thirty or so, and this contract goes into effect long before he turns 35, so that's not an issue here.

Old
06-15-2011, 05:59 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
TSN just said on coming up that Bryz liking trip to Philly , then no clip ?? Maybe will be on That's Hockey at 6 .

Old
06-15-2011, 06:32 PM
JABEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
TSN just said on coming up that Bryz liking trip to Philly , then no clip ?? Maybe will be on That's Hockey at 6 .
Sounds good. If it comes on please post more.

Old
06-15-2011, 06:49 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
Sounds good. If it comes on please post more.
Looks like I missed it !!!!
Any other new reports ?

Old
06-15-2011, 06:52 PM
SeanL44
Welcome to Hellbow

Quote:
@DNFlyers: The Flyers sent Ed Snider's private jet to pick up Bryzgalov at JFK Airport today after he landed from Moscow. They mean business.
Boom!

Old
06-15-2011, 06:53 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Hahaha, wow.

So...Snider wants a goalie so bad, he'd pick him up from the airport

06-15-2011, 07:10 PM
Fulton44*

DNFlyers Frank Seravalli
The Flyers sent Ed Snider's private jet to pick up Bryzgalov at JFK Airport today after he landed from Moscow. They mean business.

Just let that sink in for a minute. This deal is getting done, no question at all in my mind after reading that. Bryzgalov is getting a blank check from Snider if need be.

Old
06-15-2011, 07:53 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulton44 View Post
DNFlyers Frank Seravalli
The Flyers sent Ed Snider's private jet to pick up Bryzgalov at JFK Airport today after he landed from Moscow. They mean business.

Just let that sink in for a minute. This deal is getting done, no question at all in my mind after reading that. Bryzgalov is getting a blank check from Snider if need be.
I didn't even know Snider has a private jet. Haha.

Not that it means anything, but I know the players take charter flights.

Old
06-15-2011, 07:57 PM
kicksave27

Sniders Jet..
NICE!

Are there things that wouldn't could against the cap, like a luxury box for his use, super cars, or a mansion in jersey, comcast stock options... something anything. leak out he's going to be somewhere and have 1000 fans show up and cheer.

Old
06-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
Sniders Jet..
NICE!

Are there things that wouldn't could against the cap, like a luxury box for his use, super cars, or a mansion in jersey, comcast stock options... something anything. leak out he's going to be somewhere and have 1000 fans show up and cheer.
Give him a percentage of share in Comcast?

Old
06-15-2011, 08:30 PM
Flyerfan808

Quote:
DNFlyers Frank Seravalli

He's kind of a big deal.

Old
06-15-2011, 09:30 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

I hear Snider has one way tickets on Septa for the players that are getting dumped to sign Bryzgalov....

Old
06-15-2011, 10:08 PM
Prongo
Beer

Let the fun begin... its finally the offseason! can't freaking wait to see what we do now get bryz under contract!

Old
06-15-2011, 10:14 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Hopefully Snider holds Bryz hostage on his plain in international waters, until Bryz agrees to sign a cheap deal.

Old
06-15-2011, 11:43 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Exactly...

Tell me Holmgren isn't regretting his decision now, though I know he'll never admit it by fixing the mistake by signing Eriksson on July 1st (if Eriksson makes it that far). Even if he leaves Eriksson overseas for this season on loan like he's doing with Hovinen...things would've looked a WHOLE lot better.

This is why you don't give up good prospects for nothing. It ends up biting you in the ass somehow.

Don't you wish we had Maroon as a big, physical possibility in our top 9 this year?

Don't you wish we hadn't alienated Kalinski so he could play center on our 4th line?

Don't you wish we hadn't made Lehtivuori hate life in Glens Falls so that we would have two more legit bottom pairing defensemen to plug in (Gustafsson/Lehtivuori)?

There's four.
Holy Exaggeration Batman.

Are you serious? Lehtivuori is a smurf who got bypassed by Gus. There is no way you could play both those smurfs in a lineup including Timonen. Maroon is a fat ball hockey player who can't skate. Kalinski got passed over as our best checking C prospect by Holmstrom the second Homer II signed. Eriksson's development stalled and sputtered.

Wait, on second thought, the Cup would be ours if we could only turn back the clock and turn Lehitvuori, Eriksson, Maroon and Kalinski into actual NHL prospects, instead of career minor leaguers.

Old
06-15-2011, 11:45 PM
Larry44

Quote:
DNFlyers Frank Seravalli

The Flyers are geniuses. Invite Bryz to see the town. Just happens to be a good chance to have dinner, a few bottles of wine/vodka, then watch Game 7.

So, Ilya, that could be YOU hoisting the Conn Smythe and the Cup next year.

C'mon, do like your pal Pronger, sign a deal with a lot of cash upfront and a $4.92M cap hit.....

Closed Thread