HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Anyone going to the Aug 23 Welcome back?

Closed Thread

Old
08-23-2005, 11:21 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy73806498
I got this off of the forum on the official Toronto Maple Leafs site. According to someone witht eh call name "genio9" posted the following this evening.

Personally I believe the defensive pairings but am skeptical about the forward lines. Lindros with Domi and Kilger? You have got be kidding. And Ponikarovski isn't signed either. But I guess with Domi, Perrot and Belak playing the Leafs can just beat up the opposition.
Eddie
Telkvist/Aubin

Tucker Sundin O'niell
Poni Alisson Antropove
Kilger Lindross Domi
Belak Stajan Perrot (if signes)

Defence...

Mccabe Khavanov
Kaberle Klee
Berg Pilar/coliacavo

How young was the poster ??... He has more spelling errors with the names then he has correct .. Poni and Pilar are also not signed at present..

Old
08-23-2005, 11:43 PM
Waterboy73806498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess
Eddie
Telkvist/Aubin

Tucker Sundin O'niell
Poni Alisson Antropove
Kilger Lindross Domi

Defence...

Mccabe Khavanov
Kaberle Klee
Berg Pilar/coliacavo

How young was the poster ??... He has more spelling errors with the names then he has correct .. Poni and Pilar are also not signed at present..
His profile says he is 14. Here is the link to the profile of the poster of whom I go the information.

http://chat.mapleleafs.com/index.php?action=profile;u=3742

As for the spelling.....the kid can't spell.....but that doesn't mean his information is wrong.

I have a hard time beliving the information for OTHER reasons not to mention the fact that three of these players aren't even signed. Why would Ferguson be showing line combinations? Isn't that Quinn's job? Or is this simply just a publicity stunt by Ferguson? Or is he really going to tell Quinn how to coach? All of these questions plau more I am sure makes you wonder about this information.

But maybe there is someone in our forum that went that could verify or dispute this information. I personally can't vouch for it other than I read it online. And here is the link to the thread I read.

http://chat.mapleleafs.com/index.php/topic,8304.0.html

Old
08-24-2005, 08:32 AM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess
Eddie
Telkvist/Aubin

Tucker Sundin O'niell
Poni Alisson Antropove
Kilger Lindross Domi

Defence...

Mccabe Khavanov
Kaberle Klee
Berg Pilar/coliacavo

As I said earlier I didn't really pay attention but I know for sure that there were no rookies ie.Carlo Coli. listed and the defence was

Kaberle McCabe
Berg Klee
Khananov Pilar

they did have Pilar and Poni as well as one other listed with brackets around there names.

BTW, when we arrived they didn't asked for any proof that we should be there. Just gave us our hats and tickets and said to follow the red carpet. Enter through the Union Station entrance

Old
08-24-2005, 11:06 AM
the squared circle

I thought the funniest, or saddest, part of the night was when Joe Bowen asked JFJ to explain waht is happening with the Nolan situation. After scrambling for a minute, JFJ just shrugged and said "I dont know", and then sat down. A lot of the people laughed, I just shook my head. At least the questions weren't presented to the panel beforehand, which was good.

Best part of the night was watching Leafs/Blues on the big screen from the 92 playoffs.

Old
08-24-2005, 11:08 AM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the squared circle
I thought the funniest, or saddest, part of the night was when Joe Bowen asked JFJ to explain waht is happening with the Nolan situation. After scrambling for a minute, JFJ just shrugged and said "I dont know", and then sat down. A lot of the people laughed, I just shook my head. At least the questions weren't presented to the panel beforehand, which was good.

Best part of the night was watching Leafs/Blues on the big screen from the 92 playoffs.
I'll agree with that. Also when Quinn said that Domi doesn't have a brain.

Old
08-24-2005, 11:22 AM
the squared circle

You're right, that was hilarious!! Domi wasnt smiling though. Tucker leaned over to Tie and yelled "BURN!!" right in his face. HAHAHAH

Old
08-24-2005, 12:23 PM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...=1044442957278

As part of a PowerPoint presentation, Ferguson showed a depth chart listing Lindros as a third-line centre and Chad Kilger as a second-line winger. The presentation also outlined the organization's goals, foremost among them being to "compete for the Stanley Cup every year."

Old
08-24-2005, 12:59 PM
Waterboy73806498

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1124833812338&call_pag eid=1044442959412&col=1044442957278

As part of a PowerPoint presentation, Ferguson showed a depth chart listing Lindros as a third-line centre and Chad Kilger as a second-line winger. The presentation also outlined the organization's goals, foremost among them being to "compete for the Stanley Cup every year."
Well there you have it. The 14 year old kid who I quoted with the line combinations not only can't spell but also got his information wrong.

Quote:
Eddie
Telkvist/Aubin

Tucker Sundin O'niell
Poni Alisson Antropove
Kilger Lindross Domi

Defence...

Mccabe Khavanov
Kaberle Klee
Berg Pilar/coliacavo
Kilger is incorrectly listed here as a third line winger. The Toronto Star is much more reliable than a 14 year old. But are they serious about putting Kilger on the second line? This has to have been just a publicity stunt.

Old
08-26-2005, 11:19 AM
timlap

If Lindros, Sundin, and Allison all play center then no one should be the 4th line center, let alone a guy like Stajan who should be getting lots of ice time.

Can't each of those guys handle 20 minutes a game?

Old
08-26-2005, 11:25 AM
timlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...=1044442957278

Well they call it a "depth chart" rather than lines, which makes more sense. Who sets their lines before training camp?

And people (not directed at your post ACC), you need to forget your ideas about "first line winger" or "second line winger." We may well have three lines that will all surely see lots of ice time, and none might be properly called a first line, second line, or third line.

Closed Thread