HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Simon gagne Autograph

Closed Thread

Old
08-22-2005, 09:58 AM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Simon gagne Autograph

I just figured I would mention this, I sent out like 5 or 6 cards to 5 or 6 different teams during the lock out( I just felt like it ). i think I sent it out in Nov/ Dec 2004 or so and recieved it in like April/ May 2005 .Inside I sent a index card politley requesting an auto from Simon Gagne. About 5 or somonths later I recieved the card.

Philly had sent the U.D jersey card to Simon gagne in Canada, which was sent back to me with my return envelope to NY and a Canadian stamp over my American Stamp. The card was signed with a fat sharpie.

I think it was a classy thing for Philly to do as well as for Gagne to do, i mean it takes all a minute to stamp and sign , but most guys wont even do that. So I do appreciate that Gagne took his time to respect the fans and go through the trouble of signing it and sending it back. Atlanta had done something similar to .

Figured it just popped in my head and I would mention it.

I also sent to like three other teams its been almost a year and all i heard from was Philly, Atlanat, Carolina, the other 3 I cant even remember who they were.

Anyway Atlanta sent me back the Heatley card I sent for an auto with a hand written letter stating they couldnt reach him and send the card back when hockey sseason starts agian, either way the sent me 3 autograph post cards of Slava Kozlov, S.McEachern and daniel tjarnquist which was very cool.

As for Carollina there a bunch of BUMS, they kept my Eric Cole Rookie card ( that cost me a whole $1 )and sent me back 2 unsigned post cards of Niklas Wallin and Josef Vasicek . Maybe the card was sent alog to Cole and he didnt want to sign it who knows.

i recieved all these 3 responses within like a 6 or 7 week period pretty wierd. Like every 2 weeks each one came.

Old
08-22-2005, 10:15 AM
Nuclear

vCash: 500
That's really cool. I remember reading on the Flyer's website that each player is responsible for their fan mail, and they have to go through it personally, so many players choose to not do so.

Gagne probably get's a ton during the year, but during the lockout he probably had enough time to do the amount that he got. I should have sent out a ton to players all over the league

Old
08-22-2005, 11:00 AM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear
That's really cool. I remember reading on the Flyer's website that each player is responsible for their fan mail, and they have to go through it personally, so many players choose to not do so.

Gagne probably get's a ton during the year, but during the lockout he probably had enough time to do the amount that he got. I should have sent out a ton to players all over the league
Well I sent out 6 teams and ot 3 responses the ones I mentioned. With the Gagne one being the only request that I asked for back besides what atlanta did which was real cool. So i dont know if it matters the lock out or not, but maybe it was a better time but you know what if they are not going to sign it dont matter when you send it. so i guess you have to really luck out I guess, I mean when the season start I will probably send a package of like 10 cards to the NYR with a self addressed package as well and request a bunch of autos, being a NYR fan since 89' when iw as 10 to now still being a dedicated fan and watching them for the last 8 years especially with no payoffs they would have nerve not responding after how much us ny fans support our team. I actually wouldnt doubt I get noothing back either which wouldnt make me any less of a fan but a bit aggravated and dissapointed.

Old
08-22-2005, 12:09 PM
FlyersFan

Years back I sent Patrick Roy (then with the Habs) three hockey cards along with a postage-affixed return envelope. I received all three cards signed a couple months later. Unfortunately, he signed them with a pen and not with a sharpie. But I was like 8 or 9 so I didn't care at the time.

I also sent cards to Ray Bourque and Chris Chelios but got nothing back.

Old
08-22-2005, 12:24 PM
Dropkick Alex

Gagne auto is like a bunch of circles, I have a bunch of his autos from an appearence he made here in NY.

Old
08-22-2005, 09:04 PM
User571

Send a message via AIM to User571
Most players are good about signing by mail.

I have gotten returned autos from Marc Denis, Fred Brathwaite, Rostislav Klesla (who sent me two other signed cards on top of signing the one I sent) Stephen Weiss, Roberto Luongo, J.S. Aubin, Chirs Osgood (who sent me an extra signed one as well) Cam Ward, and my favorite player Marc-Andre Fleury (who also wrote me a little note too!).

Old
08-22-2005, 11:24 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
a couple of years ago i sent some stuff to Leclair to auto and the cards were returned signed with a fat sharpie with the return postage(postal money order) sent back.

Old
08-23-2005, 07:46 AM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurminen31
Most players are good about signing by mail.

I have gotten returned autos from Marc Denis, Fred Brathwaite, Rostislav Klesla (who sent me two other signed cards on top of signing the one I sent) Stephen Weiss, Roberto Luongo, J.S. Aubin, Chirs Osgood (who sent me an extra signed one as well) Cam Ward, and my favorite player Marc-Andre Fleury (who also wrote me a little note too!).
I will probably send out more cards this year like i said a bunch to Ny and the rest all over but only in the Us wont be bothered with apying for Canadian stamps and all that nonsense, I have US stamps and I will just use what i got.

plus i dont sell what i got as a die hard NYR and just as well a die hrd hockey fan I keep this stuff for memorabilia, and maybe down the road sell some and pass some along to children, grand kids etc. The majority stuff I buy i hope to be able to make a very fair amount back when I sell them 30 years or more down the road but for now its a hobby.

I will most likely send to Roenick, Heatley, Kovalchuk, Cammalleri, Nash, Forsberg ( I have 3 of his UD roolkie cards so i wills send one and hope for it back ), Bouwmeester ,Richards, and Khabibulin ( now in Chi not sure if I sent one to him in Tb )etc... i could go on and on but i will send a lot out and hope for the ebst.

Old
08-26-2005, 12:01 PM
Nikkowar

Send a message via AIM to Nikkowar Send a message via MSN to Nikkowar
I should go replace my baseball autographs for hockey ones. If I want to get Flyers autographs,should I get to the game early and go down to the ice?

Closed Thread