HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston Bruins @ Vancouver Canucks game 7 winner takes all

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2011, 10:46 PM
juve

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
You're 20. If the Habs don't win a cup in the next 20 years, you get to ***** and moan. Stop acting like you're about to die because I know some Leafs fans that have been waiting 44 years now.
All I said is that I hope to see the Canadiens win one Stanley cup before I die. By the looks or our ****** management we'll never win.

Quote:
I (since I speak for myself and don't generalize a whole fanbase) congratulated the players for their win. But, my hatred for the logo is unequivocal. If I want to whine or make "sore loser" comments, I'll do it in the comfort and safety of the Habs board. Maybe you should move on and be all high and mighty somewhere else?
So continue being a sour puss.

Old
06-15-2011, 10:47 PM
deandebean

Hey, if it happens every 30 years or so, which is about the trend for their numerous (5 or 6 I think) cups, then I'm okay with it.

Hope Joffré Delabonnebière is mad. He's the one who needs to be. Not me.

I'm just happy that the Cannots failed, as another canadian team falters at the end. It will take us to get it back, I guess. In 3 seasons, I say we are it.

Old
06-15-2011, 10:47 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
There are some good individual stories on the Bruins (putting aside what I think of them as a team).

Thomas had a simply phenomenal performance, and deserves this Cup win as much as any individual player as in recent memory.

Recchi is an ageless wonder, and for a man his age to average a PPG in the Stanley Cup Finals is incredibly amazing too.

Ex-Hab Ryder is a clean player, and was a productive one for Boston all playoffs.

I was impressed with Bergeron's 2nd Intermission interview, and how he kept insisting that it's "Not good enough yet" even though his team was up 3-0 going into the 3rd. That's a dedicated winner's attitude, and I appreciate that.

From a Habs fan perspective, we can legitimately say that we gave the eventual Stanley Cup champions their toughest fight, as we were the only one to take them into OverTime of Game 7.

On the Vancouver side... I feel sorry for their fans, but that team has some mental toughness issues, I think.
I like Lucic. I mean we all would if he wasn't on their team. When you hear him talk off the ice/not in game mode, he sounds like a cool character.

Old
06-15-2011, 10:48 PM
jlgib21*

Claude Julien: Cup winning coach/Jack Martin 50-61 playoff record,no cup final in 15 yrs

Old
06-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Recchi is an ageless wonder, and for a man his age to average a PPG in the Stanley Cup Finals is incredibly amazing too.
Maybe a few years ago, this guy was an highly respected player by all of us. But this season, he has shown he's become an ********!

Old
06-15-2011, 10:52 PM
jlgib21*

Right now,I bet he doesn't give a rat's ass what any of us think. He won the Cup,dude.We're 18 yrs dry

Old
06-15-2011, 10:56 PM
SirRobichon

I am very dissapointed tonight. Not dissapointed when habs get eliminated by the bruins, but 5% of this emotion.

Old
06-15-2011, 10:58 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
What a joke this is. They have, arguably, the best defenseman in the league. A total shutdown guy - paired with Seidenberg, they were amazing.
They have Chara and after that they are very shallow. Seidenberg would be the Habs' 3rd or 4th defenseman. Everyone after that is strictly third-pair.

Quote:
Plus they have way more depth upfront - it isn't even close.
They have so much depth that they have to cobble together a second line around their best forward so as to not get plowed.

Quote:
Seidenberg, Horton, Peverley, Kelly, Kaberle (finals especially) - aside from Kaberle - all great moves.
Honestly, I think the Bruins would've been a better club with Wideman rather than Horton. Their depth at wing is weak, but their depth at D is terrible.

Old
06-15-2011, 10:59 PM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
There are some good individual stories on the Bruins (putting aside what I think of them as a team).

Thomas had a simply phenomenal performance, and deserves this Cup win as much as any individual player as in recent memory.

Ex-Hab Ryder is a clean player, and was a productive one for Boston all playoffs.

I was impressed with Bergeron's 2nd Intermission interview, and how he kept insisting that it's "Not good enough yet" even though his team was up 3-0 going into the 3rd. That's a dedicated winner's attitude, and I appreciate that.

From a Habs fan perspective, we can legitimately say that we gave the eventual Stanley Cup champions their toughest fight, as we were the only one to take them into OverTime of Game 7.

On the Vancouver side... I feel sorry for their fans, but that team has some mental toughness issues, I think.
We lost 3 games to the Bruins in OT. It is a testament to the fight in our players and how close these two teams are when they match up against each other. We simply did not have the depth to win that series. If we do, i think we can do some damage in the playoffs and actually win it.

Old
06-15-2011, 10:59 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
I like Lucic. I mean we all would if he wasn't on their team. When you hear him talk off the ice/not in game mode, he sounds like a cool character.
Yes sir. Always takes the time, even if he's amongst the most hated player in Montreal, to say Merci at the end of interviews. Every single time.

As a matter of fact, we'd take a lot of their players. But it's probably not a good night to talk about this....Not exactly what people want to hear.

Old
06-15-2011, 11:00 PM
gusfring

All three counter-pounts are laughable.

Old
06-15-2011, 11:01 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Sour, but whatever.

Old
06-15-2011, 11:02 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
Right now,I bet he doesn't give a rat's ass what any of us think. He won the Cup,dude.We're 18 yrs dry
And you think the Habs give a rat's ass about what YOU think? No. So I guess you can stop posting now.

Old
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What Whitesnake said ^^^

Agreed.

Old
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Cya next season.

Old
06-15-2011, 11:05 PM
Bob Cole
Tom ******* Brady

vCash: 50
hopefully this serves as a major wake up call to the clowns in charge

when has barely making the playoffs become acceptable in Montreal? We need a change of culture. Molson needs to set the tone.

Old
06-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
As a matter of fact, we'd take a lot of their players. But it's probably not a good night to talk about this....Not exactly what people want to hear.
And you think they wouldn't take any of ours? It's not even the point.

I mean, yeah we'd take some of their players. That does NOT mean some of the stuff they did were honorable and alright. We'd take Chara. Does that mean the hit on MaxPac was clean and fine?

Old
06-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
With a good GM instead of the crap the Habs had, that could've been the Canadiens. Draft was there, crowd was there, goaltender was there, unfortunatly so were Gauthier/Gainey.

Good job Bruins though, steamrolled the Canucks in all of their wins. lol *@ Canucks and the end of Luongo's career.

Old
06-15-2011, 11:13 PM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nilan View Post
With a good GM instead of the crap the Habs had, that could've been the Canadiens. Draft was there, crowd was there, goaltender was there, unfortunatly so were Gauthier/Gainey.

Good job Bruins though, steamrolled the Canucks in all of their wins. lol *@ Canucks and the end of Luongo's career.
We will not win until the mentality of management changes. We need big and skilled players to win. We cannot win when we can only score two goals a game. It just wont happen. Lastly, for the most part, our player development and professional scouting has been poor. This needs to improve as well.

Old
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Enjoy.

Old
Poulet Kostopoulos

This crappy organization full of turd, useless GM, coach and players lost to the Stanley Cup Champions... by one goal, with a bunch of regular Ds and a 1st line forward missing.

Yeah, the Habs is the worst team ever, that didn't do anything right.

Old
06-15-2011, 11:16 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
This crappy organization full of turd, useless GM, coach and players lost to the Stanley Cup Champions... by one goal, with a bunch of regular Ds and a 1st line forward missing.

Yeah, the Habs is the worst team ever, that didn't do anything right.

I hope the Habs management doesn't read posts like these. that gives them the idea that we only need minor changes.I am glad that losing in the 1st rd to the cup champs makes it a successful season to you. What a losers' mentality

Old
06-15-2011, 11:18 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post
hopefully this serves as a major wake up call to the clowns in charge

when has barely making the playoffs become acceptable in Montreal? We need a change of culture. Molson needs to set the tone.
It's been acceptable as the fanbase turned over to the younger pc crowd,that would be happy if every game was a tie,and we won every 30 years,along with every other team.

Old
06-15-2011, 11:24 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

I cannot congratulate the Bruins... won't get into the reasons why right now.

Still... they really massacred Vancouver on the scoreboard... I'll give them that.

I'm sorry, but Cammy, Gio, Maxpac and Subban are WAY better at going up against Chara and Thomas.

Old
06-15-2011, 11:25 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
I hope the Habs management doesn't read posts like these. that gives them the idea that we only need minor changes.I am glad that losing in the 1st rd to the cup champs makes it a successful season to you. What a losers' mentality
Didn't you know the Habs mgmt doesn't give a rat's ass about what's posted here?

So you're not a loser? What are you gonna do about the Habs then? What are you gonna do better than me? Why don't you stop whining and go apply for GM and fix the Habs if you're so freaking brilliant? More brilliant than the people living and breathing hockey literally 24h a day, 365 days a year?

Because I try to be objective and positive, I'm a loser? As if I have influence on the Habs success or failure? Wow! If I were a Habs player, GM or coach, then perhaps I wouldn't be satisfied and try to do better next year. But I'm only a fan. I criticize but also see the bright side. There's no use to be depressed and negative all the time just because a hockey team didn't win. And that makes me a loser? Grow up.

Last edited by Poulet Kostopoulos: 06-15-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Closed Thread