HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston Bruins @ Vancouver Canucks game 7 winner takes all

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2011, 12:27 AM
Nidema

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
I hope the Habs management doesn't read posts like these. that gives them the idea that we only need minor changes.I am glad that losing in the 1st rd to the cup champs makes it a successful season to you. What a losers' mentality
I would be extremely worried if management takes time out of their day to read posts on HFboards.

Stop putting words in people's mouth. Grow up.

Old
06-16-2011, 12:29 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Kessel really looks like Alex Perron.. poor guy..

Old
06-16-2011, 12:42 AM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
It's been acceptable as the fanbase turned over to the younger pc crowd,that would be happy if every game was a tie,and we won every 30 years,along with every other team.
It is not acceptable to me. I could care less about our constant first round upsets and second round ousters. The goal is to win the Cup. Anything less then that should be a dissapointment, especially considering we have not been remoteley close in 18 years and counting.

Old
06-16-2011, 12:53 AM
Originalsix

Too soon?

Old
06-16-2011, 12:57 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalsix View Post
Too soon?

Just for the sake of accuracy, are you sure you labelled those pics the right way round? Just askin'...

Old
06-16-2011, 01:19 AM
compile
Give me Scotch!

vCash: 483
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
I still believe that Calgary was robbed of a Cup.
I'm not congratulating anyone as I could care less for the Bruins and their antics, especially when they get away with everything.

Sorry but Bergeron should have been called for the slash which would have changed the entire game. Marchand was in the face off circle on the 1st goal by a good 4 feet.

The fact that there are 2 sets of rules in this league make it super bush.

Gotta love the NHL helping US markets. The fact that NBC paid not even a quarter of what the CBC paid is testament to the out right garbage in the head office.

I still can't understand how you not only hire someone that single handily destroyed one league and then give him and extension. I guess it helps to be on the board of governors and get all the calls.
When a multi-billionaire wants to move a team and is denied because he didn't follow protocol. I wan to be in that room when Bettman calls Jim and tells him they have the 1 of 15 teams in trouble up for sale.

When a player almost gets decapitated and nothing happens, yet a late but clean hit garners a 4 game stanely cup final suspension. When the head of discinaplary still has a job while his child is playing in the league, and was an ex-goon.

When there are rumors that they want to move the Hall to NY for exposure to AMERICANS.

I honestly hate the NHL more then the Bruins right now.

The NHL needs an overhaul. Starting with Bettman and making Carey Fraser the head of disciplinary.

If only I stuck to my hockey career (I was asked to try out for the Knights when I was 14), and wearing a Habs jersey, I'd take one for the team and call out all the ******** that exists in this god forshaken bush league.

Anyone know where I can watch KHL games?

Old
06-16-2011, 01:25 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I was cheering hard against the Bruins but for some reason I have zero bad feeling that they won. Don't get me wrong, I'd probably be super cheerful had they lost but perhaps I overestimated my dislike to the Bruins. Either that or I had so much fun cheering against them these playoffs that them winning couldn't take anything away from that fun.

Old
06-16-2011, 01:37 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalsix View Post
Too soon?

The resemblance is uncanny.

Old
06-16-2011, 01:53 AM
Dharvey33

I think Cammalleri is about the best player to beat Thomas because of his quick release. He doesn't let a chance to let Thomas adjust. Daniel sedin has a good shot but he is not close from Cammalleri when you talk about the quick release.

If we add the right pieces it could just be us next year this core has proven to be a pretty decent playoff performer so you never know. Don't forget subban,Eller, Price, Desharnais will all have mature and are going to be key contributors to the team.

To be Honest just take out gomez because of his contract resign Markov Gorges and i think we have a pretty good team for the mid long term aspect.

I'm confident we are not far from the cup with a healthy lineup. Laich Cammalleri pleks would be a better line than every bruins line. Plek better than krejci Cammalleri better than Lucic and laich equals Horton.

**** the bruins i won't go there and swallow my pride to congratulate them they can just go **** a goat or something those maggots.

Old
06-16-2011, 02:32 AM
VanCity72

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenRetina View Post
I'm not congratulating anyone as I could care less for the Bruins and their antics, especially when they get away with everything.

Sorry but Bergeron should have been called for the slash which would have changed the entire game. Marchand was in the face off circle on the 1st goal by a good 4 feet.

Gotta love the NHL helping US markets. The fact that NBC paid not even a quarter of what the CBC paid is testament to the out right garbage in the head office.

I still can't understand how you not only hire someone that single handily destroyed one league and then give him and extension. I guess it helps to be on the board of governors and get all the calls.
When a multi-billionaire wants to move a team and is denied because he didn't follow protocol. I wan to be in that room when Bettman calls Jim and tells him they have the 1 of 15 teams in trouble up for sale.

When a player almost gets decapitated and nothing happens, yet a late but clean hit garners a 4 game stanely cup final suspension. When the head of discinaplary still has a job while his child is playing in the league, and was an ex-goon.

When there are rumors that they want to move the Hall to NY for exposure to AMERICANS.

The NHL needs an overhaul. Starting with Bettman and making Carey Fraser the head of disciplinary.

If only I stuck to my hockey career (I was asked to try out for the Knights when I was 14), and wearing a Habs jersey, I'd take one for the team and call out all the ******** that exists in this god forshaken bush league.

Boston dominated in 4 out of 7 games. I think you have some serious issues with America not the Bruins. Put your tin foil hat away. If you want to talk about bias look no further than CBC and it's broadcasters who suggested running Thomas. That is disgusting. Stop with this us against the world mentality and realize you blew a 2-0 series lead. All the best players in the world are Canadian and you still moan about America. There are riots going on right now. Blame that on America to.

Old
06-16-2011, 02:40 AM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenRetina View Post

Two words: money rules.

NHL was pro-Ruins. However, you can't ignore the fact that there were three biggest chokers on the other side: Softdins and Luongo.

Old
06-16-2011, 02:50 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
Two words: money rules.

NHL was pro-Ruins. However, you can't ignore the fact that there were three biggest chokers on the other side: Softdins and Luongo.
Why does Kesler get away from that group?

Old
06-16-2011, 02:52 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

He's a gritty North-American boy. How dare you question his playoff performance?

Old
06-16-2011, 02:56 AM
VanCity72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
He's a gritty North-American boy. How dare you question his playoff performance?
Ryan gave it his all being injured. The twins had the fight beat out of them.

Old
06-16-2011, 03:00 AM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCity72 View Post
Ryan gave it his all being injured. The twins had the fight beat out of them.
Exactly. Ryan's been throwing his body around, even injured while the Sissdins were just hanging around and being used as punching bag for a rookie.

Old
06-16-2011, 03:03 AM
DumFries

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Kessel really looks like Alex Perron.. poor guy..
haha!!! True!!!

Old
06-16-2011, 03:06 AM
Aeneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I was cheering hard against the Bruins but for some reason I have zero bad feeling that they won. Don't get me wrong, I'd probably be super cheerful had they lost but perhaps I overestimated my dislike to the Bruins. Either that or I had so much fun cheering against them these playoffs that them winning couldn't take anything away from that fun.
agreed ! i was kind of nervous as to how id feel if they won, and as soon as it happened i could have cared less. Gained respect for Thomas. Let them have their party and parade i wont be watching because im day 50 into the 2011/2012 Hab season

Old
06-16-2011, 03:42 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Still can't believe the Bruins won the cup.

Old
06-16-2011, 03:51 AM
GoHomez

I am more pissed the Habs couldnt knock the Bruins out than Bruins winning the Cup.

So glad I am not a Nucks fan, I mean, WTF happened? 8 goals in seven games? Flyers scored 7 in four games and were swept? I've never thought too highly about the Sedins and I dont have to second- guess myself. The scary part is that they will anchor team Sweden in the 2014 Olympics. Maybe.

Last year was two step forward, this was one step back, make next year a couple of steps forward!

Old
06-16-2011, 04:12 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Still can't believe the Bruins won the cup.
What I still have problems believing is the year Thomas has had. Seriously, 0.938 save percentage (.008 above Rinne) on the year, .940 (.006 above Price's awesome series, .013 above the third guy) in the playoffs.

He carried that team. I grudgingly give props to a guy old enough to be drafted by the Nordiques to accomplish what he has. He earned it.

Old
06-16-2011, 04:42 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

good news is : no more B threads in here

Old
06-16-2011, 06:38 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

So hollow inside...

Old
06-16-2011, 06:42 AM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

Quote:
I hope the Habs management doesn't read posts like these. that gives them the idea that we only need minor changes.I am glad that losing in the 1st rd to the cup champs makes it a successful season to you. What a losers' mentality
You must be very young...

You know what sarcasm is ?

Old
06-16-2011, 06:48 AM
Patccmoi

You know while I do feel for the NHL (imo) obvious bias for the Bruins, you just can't say that this is what decided this series.

I didn't feel bad last night for the Bruins winning when I watched the game because they just controlled it. You're not talking about a close 1 goal game that was decided by a blown call.

The first goal, Luongo just looked at the puck and didn't even react as it went by. Then he gets beaten by a freaking wrap-around. And on the other end the Canucks are using the same strategies that totally failed for many games and show a pure lack of finish.

I mean, NHL bias or not, the Bruins outplayed the Canucks CLEARLY in 4 games. They deserved the win in that sense. I do not like their team one iota more, but I'll just be happy for the guys in the team that did everything they could and showed what it takes to win a cup like Thomas, and screw the rest. I mean, every cup winning team has a bunch of some *******s in them that get their name on the Cup anyway. Sadly the Bruins just have more than your average team.

Old
06-16-2011, 06:52 AM

I hate Boston but I must admit I like how they built that team. Skill, size and toughness.

Closed Thread