Notices

Mark Giordano?

Old
06-14-2011, 10:19 PM
PhoenixDog
Flamer for Life !!!

vCash: 500
Mark Giordano?

Was this past season a fluke? or do you see him coming back down to earth now that he has his contract? what do you see him topping out at in terms of points?

PhoenixDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 10:41 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
I'm guessing around the same production.

Skobel24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 10:44 PM
BurnEmUp

He's been getting steadily better every year since coming back from Russia. The guys the real deal, a good solid all-round defenseman.

Probably anywhere between 35-45 points IMO.

BurnEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 11:43 PM
Flameshomer

Yeah his steady incline suggests that its not a one time thing... It's not like he just boomed out of no where, even before he left to russia he was getting ever better. I think he could top 50 once in his career, but more or less will stay around the same production every year

Flameshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 12:14 AM
Reinhart

I would think he steadily improves. He has the heart and determination to get better.

The only way he takes a step back points-wise is if the Flames take away some of his PP time if they find better options somehow. Other than that, I actually expect him to get a bit better every season for the next while.

Reinhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 12:39 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
Gio is our best all around d-man. He is a heart and soul kind of guy and plays 110% every night, on nights when he is not contributing offensively, he is usually doing other things to give the Flames momentum. I do not see him having a decline in his numbers, I still think he has room to get better. I think he will get 40-50 points next year.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 01:13 AM
Xelstyle

40 points average, possibly but unlikely more depending on whether there's more scoring coming from the backend.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 08:28 AM
BenThatcher

The guy is a great player, I would expect another season like the last, barring injury of course. My favourite player on the Flames.

BenThatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Backlund

vCash: 1263
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenThatcher View Post
The guy is a great player, I would expect another season like the last, barring injury of course. My favourite player on the Flames.

I don't think it was a fluke at all, I expect him to have the same amount of production if not more this year.

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 01:53 PM
BenThatcher

Gio is a great player, I don't know why you guys are making a big deal out of me liking him.

I call it as I see it, I really hate when hometown fans are blind to their own team's weaknesses.

There are some good things about the Flames but for the most part it is a poorly run franchise, in my own humble opinion. Darryl Sutter has hancuffed the franchise for another year at least with his terrible no-movement clauses and high-priced bums like Kotalik and Hagman.

Old
06-15-2011, 02:30 PM
saillias

Quote:
Gio is a great player, I don't know why you guys are making a big deal out of me liking him.

I call it as I see it, I really hate when hometown fans are blind to their own team's weaknesses.

There are some good things about the Flames but for the most part it is a poorly run franchise, in my own humble opinion. Darryl Sutter has hancuffed the franchise for another year at least with his terrible no-movement clauses and high-priced bums like Kotalik and Hagman.
I don't disagree with this. I think management of the hockey ops has been on a slow decline for several years. The reason you bother posters here is saying stuff like "roughnecks are garbage" and "playfair is a loser"

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Backlund

Quote:

Because it is the first time you have said something nice about someone on our team. You call our old head coach a loser, and constantly tell us that our players suck.

Old
06-15-2011, 03:35 PM
BenThatcher

Quite frankly, your former coach was a bum, and that's why he got fired. Obviously the Flames brass agreed with my assessment of him.

Most of the players on our team do suck, and that's why we've missed the playoffs for the past two years.

Old
06-15-2011, 03:41 PM
Backlund

Quote:
Quite frankly, your former coach was a bum, and that's why he got fired. Obviously the Flames brass agreed with my assessment of him.

Most of the players on our team do suck, and that's why we've missed the playoffs for the past two years.
So leading us to a 43 win season makes him a bum? Playfair is a good coach he got fired because he wasn't a good fit on our team and worked better in Abbotsford.

Old
06-15-2011, 03:47 PM
BenThatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlund View Post
So leading us to a 43 win season makes him a bum? Playfair is a good coach he got fired because he wasn't a good fit on our team and worked better in Abbotsford.
He got fired because he wasn't a good NHL coach, plain and simple.

Old
06-15-2011, 04:01 PM
tfong

Quote:
That doesn't explain why we can't fire you for not being a good Calgary Flames fan. Plain and simple it seems u just read stats and don't know much about hockey, let alone play it

Though on that note, I did not think Playfair was suitable because it seemed like he couldn't adapt or change up game plans to counter other teams. but I wouldn't call him a bum.

Plus your opinion is anything but humble at times.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
Quote:
Your coach? Why wasn't he also your coach?

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 04:53 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoil11 View Post
Your coach? Why wasn't he also your coach?
Who said he was a flames fan?

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
I assumed so, when he asked how "we" get rid of Kotalik and Stajan in the other thread. Therefore, I am a little confused, why he does not regard Playfair as his coach.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 06:25 PM
goodsauce

Mod-edit: deleted.

Anyways to get back on topic, I love Gio, he is my favorite Flame, along with Iggy and Glenny.

Last edited by Snoil11: 06-16-2011 at 06:51 AM. Reason: flaming
goodsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 07:45 PM
brewski1810

playfair

Quote:
so plain and simple that phoenix hired him! your entitled to your opinion but i respectfully disagree, playfair did a fine job, and a better job in abbotsford, (hence the phoenix hiring!) he was taken out in favor of mike keenan beacause our buddy sutter believed in a coach with stricter policies, hence playfair being sent to abbotsford to develop players,

brewski1810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 07:49 PM
BenThatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski1810 View Post
so plain and simple that phoenix hired him! your entitled to your opinion but i respectfully disagree, playfair did a fine job, and a better job in abbotsford, (hence the phoenix hiring!) he was taken out in favor of mike keenan beacause our buddy sutter believed in a coach with stricter policies, hence playfair being sent to abbotsford to develop players,
Keep in mind that he wasn't hired by Phoenix to be a head coach.

Old
06-16-2011, 01:20 AM
Flameshomer

I actually thought Playfair did a great job with the team he was given at the time, and wasn't given a real chance here!!

Flameshomer is offline   Reply With Quote